PDA

View Full Version : More 2005 redux - Losman and Orton

CommissarSpartacus
10-01-2014, 09:50 AM
JP was the Bills' starter, anointed by Ralph and Donahoe, a 1st round pick.

Orton was the Bears second stringer, a 4th round pick.

I remember posting after the game about how Orton, a nobody, had managed to out play the white Michael Vick, dear old JP, the last guy with "upside", who could "make plays with his feet". Except he never did.

Sound familiar?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20050826_BUF@CHI

Hutchinson struggles; Bears edge Bills
NFL.com wire reports
Aug. 26, 2005

CHICAGO (Aug. 26, 2005) -- Kyle Orton provided the spark struggling Chad Hutchinson could not. Now the Chicago Bears could be looking at yet another quarterback change.

Playing with the first-team offense in the third quarter, Orton drove the Bears 81 yards for a touchdown against Buffalo's second-team team defense in Chicago's 16-12 victory against the Bills.

"We're pleased with how Kyle Orton stepped in and gave the offense a boost," Bears coach Lovie Smith said, adding that he would watch tape before making any final evaluations.

...and...

Orton was cheered loudly when he came out to start the third quarter. He completed seven passes in the 81-yard scoring drive capped by a 2-yard TD toss to Desmond Clark that cut Buffalo's lead to 12-10.

He was 7-for-11 for 74 yards, but wasn't ready to pronounce himself the starter.

"You'll have to ask Coach Smith," said Orton, a fourth-round pick out of Purdue. "I think I played pretty well. I had one good drive out of two."

Bills quarterback J.P. Losman wasn't satisfied, either. He played the first half and the first series of the third quarter, completing 9 of 18 passes for 82 yards before he was replaced by former Bear Shane Matthews.

"It wasn't a good performance. I felt like everything was there," Losman said. "They called the right plays, the blocking was there. ... I was hesitating a little to pull the trigger."

...more..

Fletch
10-01-2014, 09:54 AM
And your point is ...?

feldspar
10-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Still completely fixated on JP Losman there, Shiva? Never really post too much about anything else, even now when it's ancient history.

bdutton
10-01-2014, 10:10 AM
20MM or 30MM cannon?

GvilleBills
10-01-2014, 10:19 AM
That's a preseason game right? From 2005?

what happened to you Shiva?

bf1
10-01-2014, 12:47 PM
The pivotal point in the Bills downturn is when they didn't see the genius and qb acumen in Nick Rolovich and passing on Tom Clements as head coach.

CommissarSpartacus
10-02-2014, 03:25 PM
And your point is ...?

The irony.

9 years later, Orton is the Bills starting qb while JP is selling oranges at intersections.

Oh, the irony!

feldspar
10-02-2014, 03:26 PM
The irony.

9 years later, Orton is the Bills starting qb while JP is selling oranges at intersections.

Oh, the irony!

I think that you are secretly in love with Losman. Does he still keep you up at nights?

CommissarSpartacus
10-02-2014, 03:29 PM
The pivotal point in the Bills downturn is when they didn't see the genius and qb acumen in Nick Rolovich and passing on Tom Clements as head coach.

Among other things.

It really started with keeping RJ and trading Flutie to SD.

THEN they whiffed on Nick Rolovich.

And Tom Clements has a Superbowl ring...

CommissarSpartacus
10-02-2014, 03:34 PM
I think that you are secretly in love with Losman. Does he still keep you up at nights?

Losman was the worst decision in Bills history.

Those that supported him and the actions of management that put him in a position he was totally unfit for should hang yheir heads in shame and forever defer to those that were wise and talented enough to recognize Losman for the bum he truly was

YardRat
10-02-2014, 07:10 PM

Those that supported him and the actions of management that put him in a position he was totally unfit for should hang yheir heads in shame and forever defer to those that were wise and talented enough to recognize Losman for the bum he truly was

**** like that happens when the owner ponies up big bucks for a 'name' GM that thinks he's smarter than everybody else in the football world. And yet, dumbasses have still clamored to make the same mistake, and want Pegs to follow suit.

I'll take somebody that feels like they still have something to prove, thank you very much. That goes for HC as well as GM, BTW.

Albany,n.y.
10-02-2014, 10:44 PM

Not even close.
Trading away Lamonica, & McDole.
Hiring coaches like Johnson, Ringo, & Bullough. ( a combined 9-60-1)
Drafting 1st rd busts with top 5 picks like Cowlings (5), Patulski (1st overall), Miller (5), & Williams (4)
Having the only 1st overall pick of the NFL draft ever to sign with the CFL.
Bringing Octogenarian Marv Levy in as GMs.
Firing Bill Polian.

You need to brush up on your Bills history if you think JP Losman was the worst decision. He isn't even in the top 10.

swiper
10-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Not even close.
Drafting 1st rd busts with top 5 picks like Cowlings (5), Patulski (1st overall), Miller (5), & Williams (4)
Firing Bill Polian.

You need to brush up on your Bills history if you think JP Losman was the worst decision. He isn't even in the top 10.

Just proves that he is obsessed with JP Losman still.

Night Train
10-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Not even close.
Firing Bill Polian.

Trading away DT Tom Keating
Not paying WR Ahmad Rashad and giving him to the Vikings
Letting Chuck Knox walk

CommissarSpartacus
10-03-2014, 04:22 AM
The JP Losman fiasco has cursed this franchise for nine years now, and it's effects are still being felt.

Biggest...Bills...catastrophe...ever...

None of those mentioned even come close.

Topas
10-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Not hiring Marty Shottenheimer when he volunteered to do it.

That is my number one failure ever. We would have gotten a proven coach that is willing to coach here.
Actually thats number 1, 2 and 3 in my book.
You might miss on any draft pick (ok, we had more than our share), and also some 'draft gurus' said Losman wil be good. Same for Mike Williams (the tackle) and so on. But there is not a single argument to not take Shottenheimer. Well, we might lose in the playoffs with him ... big deal

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Among other things.

It really started with keeping RJ and trading Flutie to SD.

THEN they whiffed on Nick Rolovich.

And Tom Clements has a Superbowl ring...

Rob Johnson has a Super Bowl ring too.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2014, 07:19 AM
The JP Losman fiasco has cursed this franchise for nine years now, and it's effects are still being felt.

No, Polian is much worse.

He left here and took an expansion team to the Super Bowl and then won a Super Bowl with the Colts.

JoeMama
10-03-2014, 07:37 AM
I'm thrilled with Kyle Orton as the Bills starter.

Sometimes journeymen "click" when they're put in the right situation, ala Josh McCown in Chicago last season. Todd Collins in Washington in 2007. Jim Miller in Chicago in 2001.

Orton has had some success in this league despite bouncing around.

In Buffalo, he has 3 solid receivers, a nice pair of RBs, and an opportunistic defense in his favor.

If you look at the San Diego and Houston losses, both were lost due to the small things. The difference between winning and losing was the inability to complete a couple extra passes, convert 2-3 more third downs, extend some drives, and put up a few extra points.

Houston in particular, all we needed was a few extra completed passes by EJ Manuel and we win that game. But his inaccuracy was such a liability that we lost.

Kyle Orton will make those passes.

He'll play good football and we'll win some extra games with him at the helm. I'm confident in that.

Detroit will be tough (currently #1 D). Maybe we don't win. But our prospects moving forward are considerably better with Orton at the helm.

WagonCircler
10-03-2014, 10:03 AM
The irony.

Oh, the irony!

Actually, the irony is that Orton is JP's doppelgänger.

Or maybe this is JP's revenge--dud-duh-DUH!!! (old timey dramatic movie music)

WagonCircler
10-03-2014, 10:05 AM

He left here and took an expansion team to the Super Bowl and then won a Super Bowl with the Colts.

Well, NFC Championship game, anyway. ("Leave him alone, he's rolling")

CommissarSpartacus
10-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Rob Johnson has a Super Bowl ring too.

So does Vladimir Putin. So what?

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2014, 05:13 PM
So does Vladimir Putin. So what?

Exactly.

So what?

CommissarSpartacus
10-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Comes no where close. Polian was a major loss, but that's all it was, the loss of one man. just because the Bills couldn't find someone of similar or greater quality is a separate issue.

Losman destroyed management, the coaching staff and the team, and the reactionary moves in a direct reaction to the fiasco are still haunting us 9 years later.

Sure< i know you guys won't agree with me because YOU WERE LOSMANIACS and enabled the disaster and are desperate to avoid responsibility.

But I know who you are and you know who you are, so go ahead and trot out the BS for the newbies who weren't around, but I know and you know and Jesus knows and Satan knows.

I'm not sweating but you guys? I can smell it from here...

CommissarSpartacus
10-03-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm thrilled with Kyle Orton as the Bills starter.

Sometimes journeymen "click" when they're put in the right situation, ala Josh McCown in Chicago last season. Todd Collins in Washington in 2007. Jim Miller in Chicago in 2001.

Orton has had some success in this league despite bouncing around.

In Buffalo, he has 3 solid receivers, a nice pair of RBs, and an opportunistic defense in his favor.

If you look at the San Diego and Houston losses, both were lost due to the small things. The difference between winning and losing was the inability to complete a couple extra passes, convert 2-3 more third downs, extend some drives, and put up a few extra points.

Houston in particular, all we needed was a few extra completed passes by EJ Manuel and we win that game. But his inaccuracy was such a liability that we lost.

Kyle Orton will make those passes.

He'll play good football and we'll win some extra games with him at the helm. I'm confident in that.

Detroit will be tough (currently #1 D). Maybe we don't win. But our prospects moving forward are considerably better with Orton at the helm.

Can Kyle Orton WIN THE SUPERBOWL?

Because, if he can't, what's the point of playing him?

So, he wins one or two games more than EJ. Big deal.

Give EJ at least two more years, and if he still can't cut it, we'll draft some other stiff, but I don't want to win with Orton.

I'd rather lose with EJ because it makes draft day so much more exciting!

CommissarSpartacus
10-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Exactly.

So what?

Why not say it in the first place? Trying to be cute, or have you belatedly realized not all so whats make the same point.

RJ = Putin because both were gifted their superbowl rings.

Tom Clements earned his.

Yet another Lecterian false equivalence.

CommissarSpartacus
10-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Actually, the irony is that Orton is JP's doppelgänger.

Irony is not merely coicidence. JP was always better looking than Orton, and RJ was better looking than both of them...

WagonCircler
10-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Irony is not merely coicidence. JP was always better looking than Orton, and RJ was better looking than both of them...

You're out of my area. I'll take your word on something, for once.

jimmifli
10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
It started with Flutie. They killed the golden goose and have been chasing a "saviour" ever since. JP was just the point where even the emperor knew he had no clothes.

feldspar
10-03-2014, 10:05 PM

Bull****. I'm not sure if you really even follow this team apart from your ridiculous JP Losman fixation. You're talking about some sort of curse now? What? How exactly are the "effects still being felt?" I mean really, please tell me that. Maybe they are still being felt by you, since apparently the first thing you think about is JP Losman when you think about the Bills...and then not much else besides that. I think nobody else does that, pretty much. Why? Because that's ridiculous.

The guy has been irrelevant for around 6 years...completely irrelevant. He only started 33 games for the Bills anyway, and that's just over two years worth of games all told. Biggest Bills catastrophe ever? Maybe you were too busy being a Browns fan to notice what was happening before...I know you were a Browns fan...or maybe you were watching curling up there in Canada.

Then again, you thought Kelly Holcomb was a top-ten QB, which further destroys your credibility. You are just being ridiculous here. Losman set the team back a few years, and then that was that. This is what happens when you pick the wrong QB high, especially before the rookie wage scale. That type of thing is not unusual.

Please explain how exactly Losman's legacy has dragged forth to the present day. Was it a hex?

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 04:55 AM
Bull****. I'm not sure if you really even follow this team apart from your ridiculous JP Losman fixation. You're talking about some sort of curse now? What? How exactly are the "effects still being felt?" I mean really, please tell me that. Maybe they are still being felt by you, since apparently the first thing you think about is JP Losman when you think about the Bills...and then not much else besides that. I think nobody else does that, pretty much. Why? Because that's ridiculous.

The guy has been irrelevant for around 6 years...completely irrelevant. He only started 33 games for the Bills anyway, and that's just over two years worth of games all told. Biggest Bills catastrophe ever? Maybe you were too busy being a Browns fan to notice what was happening before...I know you were a Browns fan...or maybe you were watching curling up there in Canada.

Then again, you thought Kelly Holcomb was a top-ten QB, which further destroys your credibility. You are just being ridiculous here. Losman set the team back a few years, and then that was that. This is what happens when you pick the wrong QB high, especially before the rookie wage scale. That type of thing is not unusual.

Please explain how exactly Losman's legacy has dragged forth to the present day. Was it a hex?

:rofl:

Silly Losmaniacs still don't get it.

Oh, and BTW, I've been a Bills fan since inception, and watched more football than anyone you've ever met.

You're just a typical fanboy with an affection for conventional wisdom, so please spare me, okay?

Maybe if you try shutting your mouth and opening your ears, you'll learn something.

Winning organizations are more than mere stats and sophomoric analysis and kneejerk reactions.

There are larger issues at play.

swiper
10-04-2014, 05:40 AM

Oh, and BTW, I've been a Bills fan since inception, and watched more football than anyone you've ever met.

You're just a typical fanboy with an affection for conventional wisdom, so please spare me, okay?

Maybe if you try shutting your mouth and opening your ears, you'll learn something.

Winning organizations are more than mere stats and sophomoric analysis and kneejerk reactions.

Stick to your PRS musings, would you please. You're sadly out of place in this forum.

Topas
10-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Spartacus, honestly ... you make Skooby look intelligent.

Are you the guy that, for years, always clamoured for each back-up QB to start because you always thought that the our back-up is better than our current starter. You even mentioned that Curtis Painter should unseat Manning in Indy ... Is that you ?

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Stick to your PRS musings, would you please. You're sadly out of place in this forum.

Why?

Is it reserved for idiots?

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 06:16 AM
Spartacus, honestly ... you make Skooby look intelligent.

Are you the guy that, for years, always clamoured for each back-up QB to start because you always thought that the our back-up is better than our current starter. You even mentioned that Curtis Painter should unseat Manning in Indy ... Is that you ?

Huh?

Curtis Painter? Who the **** is he?

And sorry, but obviously the Losmaniacs still don't get it. Did ANY of our "first string" qbs that you loved so much so anything but suck? No.

Did the moves required to acquire those future hall of famers prevent us from getting and keeping valuable assets? Yes.

Has each stupid decision made to try to fix the last stupid decision make us look stupid too? Absolutely.

You think people would learn, but some never do, apparently.

Losmaniacs.

They say they're Bills fans but they really aren't, they're fans of their feelings.

And boy, did they ever feel for JP, although they all want to deny it now.

pmoon6
10-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Stick to your PRS musings, would you please. You're sadly out of place in this forum.I don't think so.

It was an unfortunate set of events that started with naming Losman the starter even without the pretense of a QB competition in training camp. I thought Losman should have sat behind Bledsoe for another year, participating in practice and learning from the veteran.

Of course, alot of the Bills' Nation crybabies wanted "The statue" gone, but he would have been invaluable in Losman's development.

You have the theory that in today's game a rookie QB should be able to step in right away and lead the offense because of QB friendly rules. A fallacy IMO, some can and some can't, it depends on the player and why players need to be handled according to their maturity level and skill set.

It's possible that J.P could have become a decent QB given time and tutelage, we will never know.

Of course, with the ingrained impatience of the NFL fan and American society, in general, that probably has a snowballs' chance in hell of ever happening. That's why you may have a never ending search for a Jim Kelly like heir even if you have the number one pick because for every Peyton Manning, there are David Carrs, Rick Mirers, Cryin' Leafs, Jamarcus Russells and even though the jury is still out, RGIIIs.

swiper
10-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Why?

Is it reserved for idiots?

No, as my post suggests, they try to keep them out.

swiper
10-04-2014, 07:52 AM
It's possible that J.P could have become a decent QB given time and tutelage, we will never know.

IDK. I am starting to believe there are just certain schools you stay away from when drafting QBs. No matter of the pre-draft hype. Tulane and FSU lead my list.

feldspar
10-04-2014, 10:28 AM

My ears are wide open, only you haven't said anything...haven't begun to answer my question.

How has "the JP Losman fiasco has cursed this franchise for nine years now?"

How EXACTLY are "the effects still being felt?"

Please enlighten us who you imagine don't share your credentials.

Also, talk about shutting your mouth an opening your ears...I imagine someone who takes an attitude like that actually has something to say. So say it. So far, all you've done was project that ridiculous "Losmaniac" and fanboy **** onto me, as though that's supposed to harass me somehow...even though you have no idea how I've EVER felt about Losman. That's been your MO.

justasportsfan
10-04-2014, 10:36 AM

Don't know about that, based on the qbs drafted where JP was drafted, we'll have to waitn and see where Ej ends up. At least Losman has the excuse of having had a different OC every year to use as an excuse to use for his failures. Ej can't use that and Ej was given weapons to succeed yet he has gotten worse

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 02:19 PM
No, as my post suggests, they try to keep them out.

Then WTF are you doing in here?

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 02:29 PM
..even though you have no idea how I've EVER felt about Losman.

Then please tell us all about how you felt about Losman.

He was pretty cute, huh?

http://talleywhackers.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/dating-tips-with-jp-losman/

Dating tips with JP Losman

October 8, 2008

First dates are stressful, period. You have to think up all kinds of ways to lie and stretch the truth. You have to do what it takes to make sure your date doesn’t go running off to hail a cab before you’ve even ordered the cheese plate! I mean, good luck hailing a cab in Buffalo during the dinner hour, am I right? You do not want to reveal the more intimate parts of your personality. Everybody is intrigued by a little mystery. For example, I once told a first date about my love of watersports. She seemed excited until I gave more details. Then she acted all freaked out. Which leads me to my first tip:

1. Don’t go out with prudes
I know what you’re thinking. “JP, how do I know before I get to know her?” Take a look at the edges of her lips. Just grab her by the chin and forehead and take a real close look. Girls like assertive guys. If I see a bunch of faded red dots, I know I’ve bagged a winner.

2. “I would like to get married and have kids asap.”
Slow. That. Roll. Seems like every heffer in upstate New York is screaming this one from the top of One HSBC Center. If you walk by a child, and your date doesn’t vomit or put a boot to the little critter; run for your life. I can not stress the importance of this point enough.

3. “Who are you voting for?”
Back when I was living in Lousiana, there was a saying about not bringing up politics or religion in polite company. This applies to a first date. You want to limit the emotionally distressing conversation to topics that will make you look good. You don’t know anything about politics. You’re a football player. If she starts blabbing about something controversial that you don’t care about, change the topic. I usually go with “Do you have alive parents?” If she says “yes” that’s perfect! It’s awesome to have alive parents! If she says “no” that’s when JP Smooth takes over and lends a shoulder pad to cry on. Girls like when you’re sensitive.

4. “Put a wad of hundies down your jock”
Hey, the economy is in the toilet. Of course you’re broke. But I’m not. I’m a millionaire. However, common courtesy dictates that I wait to brag about it until after the cheese plate arrives. You’re probably wondering, “JP, how do I let her know I’m fabulously wealthy and I have awesome junk?” Problem solved. Not only will your bulge look awesome, but the scent of money is irresistible to the ladies.

...more...

http://talleywhackers.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jp1.jpg

swiper
10-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Then WTF are you doing in here?

When you can hold a candle to me, fat boy, get back to me.

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 07:25 PM
When you can hold a candle to me, fat boy, get back to me.

"Fat boy"? Seriously?

Please don't tell me you're some sort of ****ing exemplar of this forum's wit and wisdom.

Fat boy. LOL!

Perfect demonstration of Losmania - dim-witted, aggressively hostile and and insecure.

Grow up.

feldspar
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Then please tell us all about how you felt about Losman.

He was pretty cute, huh?

http://talleywhackers.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/dating-tips-with-jp-losman/

Dating tips with JP Losman

October 8, 2008

First dates are stressful, period. You have to think up all kinds of ways to lie and stretch the truth. You have to do what it takes to make sure your date doesn’t go running off to hail a cab before you’ve even ordered the cheese plate! I mean, good luck hailing a cab in Buffalo during the dinner hour, am I right? You do not want to reveal the more intimate parts of your personality. Everybody is intrigued by a little mystery. For example, I once told a first date about my love of watersports. She seemed excited until I gave more details. Then she acted all freaked out. Which leads me to my first tip:

1. Don’t go out with prudes
I know what you’re thinking. “JP, how do I know before I get to know her?” Take a look at the edges of her lips. Just grab her by the chin and forehead and take a real close look. Girls like assertive guys. If I see a bunch of faded red dots, I know I’ve bagged a winner.

2. “I would like to get married and have kids asap.”
Slow. That. Roll. Seems like every heffer in upstate New York is screaming this one from the top of One HSBC Center. If you walk by a child, and your date doesn’t vomit or put a boot to the little critter; run for your life. I can not stress the importance of this point enough.

3. “Who are you voting for?”
Back when I was living in Lousiana, there was a saying about not bringing up politics or religion in polite company. This applies to a first date. You want to limit the emotionally distressing conversation to topics that will make you look good. You don’t know anything about politics. You’re a football player. If she starts blabbing about something controversial that you don’t care about, change the topic. I usually go with “Do you have alive parents?” If she says “yes” that’s perfect! It’s awesome to have alive parents! If she says “no” that’s when JP Smooth takes over and lends a shoulder pad to cry on. Girls like when you’re sensitive.

4. “Put a wad of hundies down your jock”
Hey, the economy is in the toilet. Of course you’re broke. But I’m not. I’m a millionaire. However, common courtesy dictates that I wait to brag about it until after the cheese plate arrives. You’re probably wondering, “JP, how do I let her know I’m fabulously wealthy and I have awesome junk?” Problem solved. Not only will your bulge look awesome, but the scent of money is irresistible to the ladies.

...more...

How did Losman set the team back nine years?

How are the Bills still feeling the effects?

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 08:27 PM

Why do I get the impression you don't really want to know?

feldspar
10-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Why do I get the impression you don't really want to know?

Why do I get the impression that you won't tell me?

Look, either give me your opinion or **** off.

JoeMama
10-04-2014, 08:50 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/143184/howling-wolf-o.gif

BTW I usually had to pregame Bills games by cracking open a few of these bad boys every Sunday from 2005-2007.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=74a813285894" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cookie G
10-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Losman Redux-This Time, the QB Ruined My Life

The long awaited sequel to the sports cult classic, Buffalo '66.

Coming to direct-to-download, Summer 2015.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Why do I get the impression that you won't tell me?

Look, either give me your opinion or **** off.

To spare you guys circling each other for another 20 posts, I'm gathering that he's referring to the pick we traded away to get Losman being unavailable to draft Aaron Rodgers.

swiper
10-05-2014, 03:14 AM
"Fat boy"? Seriously?

Please don't tell me you're some sort of ****ing exemplar of this forum's wit and wisdom.

Fat boy. LOL!

Perfect demonstration of Losmania - dim-witted, aggressively hostile and and insecure.

Grow up.

You know the obesity issue can come with insecurities (see IC Rockets), but your therapist has been working overtime.

WagonCircler
10-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Eagerly awaiting the new Kemp/LaMonica thread.

Good Lord. New owner, new QB, management and staff's careers hanging in the balance, and there's a thread about JP Losman.

Disturbingly creepy.

The Jokeman
10-05-2014, 09:20 AM

You could argue had the Bills not traded up for Losman we then would have had the picks. So had we kept the 43rd pick in the 2004 could have been used on some like Dwan Edwards and because we had Dwan in the fold we would have never drafted Tim Anderson in Round 3 of that draft which we could have used that pick on Matt Scuab. or if we don't take a DT in Round 2 we could have taken another impactful guys like Bob Sanders and still busted with Anderson. Yet it still mean we would have had pick 20 in 2005 and still the need for QB (since Losman didn't see the field in 2004 because of his injury you can say he did nothing in regards to our 2004 record) and we could have then selected Aaron Rodgers or had we drafted Schaub the year before we could landed a Roddy White, Heath Miller or Logan Mankins. So it's easy to see how the trade up and selection of Losman had an impact on this team a full decade later.

JoeMama
10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm feeling good about my Orton prediction today.

CommissarSpartacus
10-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Eagerly awaiting the new Kemp/LaMonica thread.

Good Lord. New owner, new QB, management and staff's careers hanging in the balance, and there's a thread about JP Losman.

Disturbingly creepy.

I prefer creepily disturbing.

BTW, dfidn't Kelly Holcomb win his first game replacing Losman?

It just made the Losmsaniacs hate him all the more.

Do you yhink EJs fans will hate Orton for showing up their boy?

feldspar
10-05-2014, 03:54 PM

You are a ridiculous one-trick pony. This juvenile game has been played out ad nauseam years ago. It doesn't bring up that certain ire you crave from Bills fans anymore, does it?

you post this after watching the game today? What did you think about that? Or maybe I don't really want to know, so you won't tell me.

CommissarSpartacus
10-05-2014, 04:15 PM
You know the obesity issue can come with insecurities (see IC Rockets), but your therapist has been working overtime.

Yawn. It's obvious who's troubled by insecurity issues.

You want my attention so badly, you're willing to act like an ass hole to make me notice you.

Okay, you have my attention.

Let's see your little routine...

CommissarSpartacus
10-05-2014, 04:23 PM
You are a ridiculous one-trick pony. This juvenile game has been played out ad nauseam years ago. It doesn't bring up that certain ire you crave from Bills fans anymore, does it?

you post this after watching the game today? What did you think about that? Or maybe I don't really want to know, so you won't tell me.

Why should I waste my time trying to explain something to someone who just wants to fight?

Aristotle said "It is the sign of an educated mind that one can entertain an idea without accepting it."

In other words, show me that you can act like something other than someone dying to show me up, then I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Until then, you'll just have to figure out what I mean all by yourself...

Mace
10-05-2014, 04:27 PM

Well, you might yet be right, it will play out.

Makes me think. I liked Losman, not how they developed and used him. I like Manuel, not how they're developing and using him. Disagreed with benching Losman for Holcomb, agreed with benching Manuel for Orton. Never liked Holcomb as a starter, statistically he doesn't compare to Orton, who I do like though it's too early to go wild about it.

So technically I like Manuel and I'm glad he's sitting behind Orton a while, technically I liked Losman and didn't like starting Holcomb.

feldspar
10-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Why should I waste my time trying to explain something to someone who just wants to fight?

Aristotle said "It is the sign of an educated mind that one can entertain an idea without accepting it."

In other words, show me that you can act like something other than someone dying to show me up, then I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Until then, you'll just have to figure out what I mean all by yourself...

OK, then.

**** off.

You are ridiculous.

I always wondered what Aristotle said, though.

I don't really care what you mean anyway.

Schtick is old.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Yawn...

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
the obsession for Losman is errie to say the least.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 09:43 AM
the obsession for Losman is errie to say the least.

LOL!

Another deluded Losman fan doesn't get it.

The Bills were coming off a 9 - 7 season when Losman was declared the starter by Ralph and Tom Donahoe.

The Losman decision begat the firing of Tom Clements and Tom Donahoe and the resignation of Mike Mularkey, resulting in Marv and Jauron taking over.

Marv and Jauron's incompetence begat Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey.

Chan and Buddy's incompetence begat Brandon/Whaley/Marrone.

Brandon/Whaley?Marrone begat EJ Manuel, a first round pick who was coddled and handed the starters job on a platter for a year and a quarter.

But EJ sucked and now we have as our starter a guy who LOST HIS JOB TO TIM TEBOW...

This is how JP Losman ruins the last decade.

See if your teeny-tiny brain can process that...

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
LOL!

The Bills were coming off a 9 - 7 season when Losman was declared the starter by Ralph and Tom Donahoe.

The Losman decision begat the firing of Tom Clements and Tom Donahoe and the resignation of Mike Mularkey, resulting in Marv and Jauron taking over.

Brandon/Whaley?Marrone begat EJ Manuel, a first round pick who was coddled and handed the starters job on a platter for a year and a quarter.

But EJ sucked and now we have as our starter a guy who LOST HIS JOB TO TIM TEBOW...

we should talk about Rob Johnson and Drew bledsoe too. Why not?

I may have a pea brain but anyone who's brainless wouldnt be able to grasp that these guys no longer play in the NFL.

You should see a shrink about that obsession Sparty/Shiva before you end up stalking Losman if you haven't yet.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 10:01 AM
we should talk about Rob Johnson and Drew bledsoe too. Why not?

You can if you want, but I see no reason why "we should"...

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 10:46 AM
You can if you want, but I see no reason why "we should"...

they both cost us draft picks and are not in the league anymore just like JP and besides it might take your mind of off Jp?

feldspar
10-06-2014, 10:49 AM
LOL!

And your fixated idiocy begat this post.

Losman was just another bad decision in a long line of bad decisions, totally independent from each other. It's a reflection of how the front office has been run, particularly of how they've approached the quarterback position. It's not any kind of root cause of troubles years down the road, but only another symptom.

Saying that Losman was some kind of launching board for later bad decisions by completely different people is laughable.

Losman is to blame for the Bills drafting EJ Manuel? Would you really claim something like that? You should seek help, you moron.

Go back and root for the Browns, because I think that Brandon Weeden begat Brian Hoyer, which begat Johnny Football. What I had for breakfast last year begat what I'm going to have for dinner tonight. Stupid.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Losman was just another bad decision in a long line of bad decisions, totally independent from each other.

I love it when Losmaniacs sre forced to say completely ridiculous things to support their idiotic and self-centered behavior.

"Totally independent from each other..."

Can it get any stupider?

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 07:34 PM
they both cost us draft picks and are not in the league anymore just like JP and besides it might take your mind of off Jp?

Irrelevant.

You loved Losman, didn't you?

swiper
10-07-2014, 04:25 AM

I love it when Losmaniacs sre forced to say completely ridiculous things to support their idiotic and self-centered behavior.

"Totally independent from each other..."

Can it get any stupider?

There is nothing "stupider" than you in this thread.

The only attention-seeking going on here is from you. Trying to fit in has been rough for you your entire life, no doubt. Again. Go back to PRS. You have a better level of comfort there.

Bill Cody
10-07-2014, 11:21 AM

"Worst" might be a stretch but it was very bad, knew it when they carried the card to the podium. Agree it set the team back big time. But I kind of think the statute of limitations has run out on this thread, no?

justasportsfan
10-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Irrelevant.

You loved Losman, didn't you?

nope.

CommissarSpartacus
10-08-2014, 08:25 AM
"Worst" might be a stretch but it was very bad, knew it when they carried the card to the podium. Agree it set the team back big time. But I kind of think the statute of limitations has run out on this thread, no?

There is nothing I'd like more than being rid of the sins of those that foisted Losman on us and then wrecked the team supporting him, but it's not over yet.

Hopefully, doing the sensible thing by putting Orton in rather than making everyone suffer with EJ is the first step in the exorcism.

Losmania was an example of the worst sort of mass hysteria, like McCarthyism and the War on Terror.

Maybe we've finally come to our senses.

CommissarSpartacus
10-08-2014, 08:26 AM
nope.

Tell the truth. You know you did...

CommissarSpartacus
10-08-2014, 08:35 AM
There is nothing "stupider" than you in this thread.

The only attention-seeking going on here is from you. Trying to fit in has been rough for you your entire life, no doubt. Again. Go back to PRS. You have a better level of comfort there.

Why are you so insecure? Do you find me so threatening that you'd like the teachers to rescind my playground rights?

Or is it just you don't want me to make you look stupid in this forum as well?

If that's the problem, all you have to do is agree with me and stay out of my way and I'll have no reason to **** with you.

but I doubt someone such as yourself has the self-control required to do it.

Like most Americans, your buttons are way to easy to push.

WagonCircler
10-08-2014, 09:40 AM
This is the creepiest thread ever.

CommissarSpartacus
10-08-2014, 04:17 PM
What do you expect?

Losmaniacs were the creepiest Bills fans ever.

Losman failed because he was an idiot and a dick.

Not surprising his fans came from the same demographic.