PDA

View Full Version : Bills' EJ Manuel hopes to start again

Don't Panic
10-02-2014, 06:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11629515/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-says-wants-different-player

I know he's finished in the eyes of many, but this is exactly the attitude you'd hope he'd take if there was ever any chance of him figuring it out. I still think there's a chance for him... as a Bill.

JoeMama
10-02-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm hoping for the exact opposite.

In Uncle Rico I trust.

Skooby
10-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Never.

BillsImpossible
10-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Fat Lady is singing on EJ. He had every opportunity to get better and never did.

The training camp reports came to fruition against the Texans, in full bloom.

EJ Manuel did not progress as a NFL quarterback, his play regressed.

Even after the first two games nobody said, "EJ is getting better," because he didn't.

He never improved...he got worse.

Give me a big bowl of crow because I said, "I'm Not Worried About EJ Manuel," after drinking the Kool-Aid and too many beers full of wishful thinking.

DynaPaul
10-02-2014, 07:29 PM
What's he supposed to say? "Nah I'm good just holding the clipboard and collecting my check."

Novacane
10-02-2014, 07:37 PM
He'll get a shot to earn it in training camp next year. Orton is not our long term answer. Anyone thinking so is delusional.

RedEyE
10-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Anyone watch that video? EJ's completion % on 3rd downs was 48%? If Orton comes in and completed 55%, that could be enough of an improvement to win football games and better open up the run game.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Bills' EJ Manuel hopes to start again .
Great, now he's turning into a locker room cancer.
Cut him.

Cleve
10-02-2014, 09:12 PM
http://youtu.be/4-bD0ZG5_2w

Generalissimus Gibby
10-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Think he could pitch? He's better than some of KC's pitching staff

Albany,n.y.
10-02-2014, 10:23 PM
He'll get a shot to earn it in training camp next year. Orton is not our long term answer. Anyone thinking so is delusional.

Just like Edwards did about a month before he got cut. It doesn't matter that Orton isn't the long term answer, neither is EJ.

We've been through this before, it's like watching a tv show over & over again where the cast is always different but the script is always the same. So far, in this century, I've seen this show when it starred Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards & now EJ Manual. The script is the Bills waste a 1st rounder on a QB, he sucks & a handful of fans still believe in him because, he won't get injured again, needs more time, isn't getting good enough coaching and will haunt us with his next team. The rival, who is not the long term answer but has replaced him as the starter has been played by Doug Flutie, Kelly Holcomb, Ryan Fitzpatrick and now Kyle Orton. It never ends well because they keep recycling that same lousy script. They just keep changing the uniform numbers & the actors but some of us have figured out that it's the same damn ending every time. The young guy eventually gets cut, bounces around to a few other teams and we ask How could we have been fooled again? We then laugh at him each time he gets cut by another team and the posters who are always predicting failure for our latest bust QB say I told you so years ago.

BillsOverDolphins
10-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Hit the bricks, blood, you're finished.

Buffalogic
10-02-2014, 10:35 PM
He might start in that weird league that JP Losman won the championship in.

Albany,n.y.
10-02-2014, 11:01 PM
He might start in that weird league that JP Losman won the championship in.

It folded 2 years ago. I went to a game in Hartford in 2009 between the Florida Tuskers & the New York Sentinels. They had between 1,500-2,000 people in attendance (yes, I counted) & announced the attendance as 5,201. Then the next year they moved NY to Hartford. They folded a year before the league did. I did see the most successful player to come out of the UFL-Atlanta kicker Matt Bryant who had been cut in the NFL but got another chance after his UFL stint. Carolina Panther PK Graham Gano was Losman's teammate in Las Vegas. It seems the only NFL caliber players were kickers.

Buffalogic
10-02-2014, 11:22 PM
^you know an excessive amount about that league.

BuffaloRedleg
10-02-2014, 11:27 PM

The great self congratulatory EJ Manuel circle jerk of 2014 continues.

alohabillsfan
10-03-2014, 05:30 AM
I hope EJ starts again, for New England :)

don137
10-03-2014, 06:19 AM
I am writing him off for this year. He has regressed and looked overwhelmed. He needs to learn the position. He has had only 14 games. While I doubt he will ever be a good NFL QB I will not totally write him off yet.

In the offseason, IMO the Bills should draft another QB but have him sit at least a year. Have a QB competition between Orton and EJ. May the better QB win.

Historian
10-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Can't hurt to hope...

Fletch
10-03-2014, 07:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11629515/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-says-wants-different-player

I know he's finished in the eyes of many, but this is exactly the attitude you'd hope he'd take if there was ever any chance of him figuring it out. I still think there's a chance for him... as a Bill.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/03/ej-manuel-i-still-believe-im-a-good-football-player/

EJ Manuel: I still believe I’m a good football player

Manuel was told that history is not on his side: Since 2007, eight first-round quarterbacks have been benched. None came back to become their team’s permanent starters again, and those who have had a chance to start because of injuries (like Manuel’s predecessor at Florida State, Christian Ponder (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6433/christian-ponder), last night) have not done well.

“Well maybe I can be the first,” Manuel said, “Who knows. We’ll see.”

OpIv37
10-03-2014, 08:13 AM

The great self congratulatory EJ Manuel circle jerk of 2014 continues.
Great band.

Albany,n.y.
10-03-2014, 08:17 AM
So next year when we draft another QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, we'll go through the Trent Edwards version of the story. I'd rather dump EJ, bring in a vet to compete with Orton & wait until a 1st round QB worthy of getting selected at the spot we are drafting is available before I go drafting a QB out of need like we did with EJ when no QB should have been drafted before the 3rd round. I hope we have a totally new group of scouts & front office before any QB decisions are made. Also, have someone tell Buddy Nix that the only way he's getting near this team is by buying a ticket to a game.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2014, 08:59 AM
"When I am out there, I want to be a different player," Manuel said. "I just want to cut it loose, man, not hold myself back. Not to say I was, but I think at certain points in your career, in your manhood, you just open up and let it rip.

Man that sounds like Losman

WagonCircler
10-03-2014, 10:00 AM
It's good to hold on to your dreams.

I'm still hoping to sleep with Lynda Carter.