PDA

View Full Version : So when will the Bills be a complete team in Polian's eye?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-03-2014, 06:54 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/bill_polian_ej_manuel_kyle_orton_bills.html

"Well, we'll see how well Kyle does," Polian said. "I've always had high regard for him. Whether he can carry the load through 12 games remains to be seen. A lot depends on the health of the running backs. The Bills are a work in progress. They're not a complete team just yet, but I think they're heading in the right direction."

Look, I know the QB is not going to be a short term answer. The closest possibility - EJ - will not be nearly ready in Polian's outlined 4 year development, especially now he's not playing. Maybe Pegula can buy a QB this off season, but that's wishful thinking.

Outside of QB position, I guess Polian may be referring the O-Line/WR which are indeed a work in progress. I don't know you can say the TE is a work in progress or complete. I might add the RB position has uncertainly as well. Neither Jackson nor Spiller is someone you can depended on firmly.

And I'm afraid by the time we sort out all of those in two years, the defensive may have passed its peak as they are now.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2014, 07:00 AM
You can't depend on Jackson?

RB is the least of the teams problems.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-03-2014, 07:07 AM

I'm talking about next year. Jackson is already the oldest RB in the league. Spiller is a FA. Neither of which is full time player.

k-oneputt
10-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Can always find rb's. That is the least of the problems.

casdhf
10-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Dixon has looked good in the FJ role and Brown can play spiller and run sideways for 3 yards.

I think they have a plan if either player is gone next season.

Fletch
10-03-2014, 07:52 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/bill_polian_ej_manuel_kyle_orton_bills.html

"Well, we'll see how well Kyle does," Polian said. "I've always had high regard for him. Whether he can carry the load through 12 games remains to be seen. A lot depends on the health of the running backs. The Bills are a work in progress. They're not a complete team just yet, but I think they're heading in the right direction."

Good thing he didn't post that here or he'd be a troll and an idiot and hate the Bills and want to see them lose.

Fletch
10-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Dixon has looked good in the FJ role and Brown can play spiller and run sideways for 3 yards.

LOL at Brown.

Dixon has a long long long way to go to become anything close to what FJ has been.

Fletch
10-03-2014, 07:57 AM

I disagree. With Jackson out of the picture who's going to be the 3rd down RB? No one here seems to own up to that.

Spiller, Brown, and Dixon all have horrible 3rd down histories. And if Spiller leaves we don't even have that once every other game big play threat.

IMO we're thin at RB once Jackson is out of the picture. Has Brown even played this season?

streetkings01
10-03-2014, 08:16 AM
We have Dixon and Brown on the bench.......we'll be ok at RB next season.

Fletch
10-03-2014, 08:33 AM

What has either done?

That's like saying that if we had Vick Ballard from Indy or Robert Turbin from Seattle we'd be all set.

On what do you base this?

YardRat
10-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Maybe TJ Yeldon will declare a year early, and we can snag him in the draft.

The closest thing I've seen to Freddie at the college level, at least with the big boys.

BillsImpossible
10-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Polian vs. Whaley

If they don't make the playoffs, is Bill Polian on the top of the Pegula's list to be the next GM?

Luisito23
10-03-2014, 08:10 PM
If they don't make the playoffs, is Bill Polian on the top of the Pegula's list to be the next GM?

I really hope not...That guy is good where he is, which is out of football and on TV.

The Jokeman
10-05-2014, 09:00 AM

and we'll probably draft one in the mid to late rounds for safe measure too. Maybe with 5th we get for Stevie or maybe we flip that pick to acquire two picks. As I could see taking a chance on a guy like Keith Marshall.