PDA

View Full Version : You can get suspended by the NFL for drinking alcohol ??

Skooby
10-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Prater got suspended 4 games for drinking & just got cut, wow just wow:

http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/broncos-cut-ties-with-former-estero-star-matt-prater

streetkings01
10-03-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm guessing once he got that DUI alcohol was on the no-no list.

Ed
10-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Once you enter into the drug program you get automatically suspended if you violate the terms of the program. If you enter the program because of alcohol then you forfeit your right to drink alcohol and are subject to random testing. Prater had multiple slip ups and was actually supposed to be suspended for a full season, but the Broncos team lawyer was able to get it reduced to 4 games. It's my understanding that Prater had random tests on back to back days and thought he was safe after the first test so he went ahead and drank that night after the first test.

GvilleBills
10-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Once you enter into the drug program you get automatically suspended if you violate the terms of the program. If you enter the program because of alcohol then you forfeit your right to drink alcohol and are subject to random testing. Prater had multiple slip ups and was actually supposed to be suspended for a full season, but the Broncos team lawyer was able to get it reduced to 4 games. It's my understanding that Prater had random tests on back to back days and thought he was safe after the first test so he went ahead and drank that night after the first test.

"You might have a problem if..."

WagonCircler
10-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Even Brett Favre was on that list.

THRILLHO
10-03-2014, 04:30 PM
I feel like we should have the same rule for this board sometimes...

Skooby
10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Even Brett Favre was on that list.

Like they'd suspend Farve for getting drunk, LOL. Goodluck with getting that swallowed.

starrymessenger
10-04-2014, 10:45 AM
They better figure out whose backing up Kyle Orton - quick!