PDA

View Full Version : Bills aren't going to hold back this weeken

Skooby
10-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Folks I'm just going to say this quite simply, the Bills aren't going to apologize this weekend. We went from decent college prospect to NFL QB. You think that we prepared this team to literally hold all from no real running & a great pass rush on defense for a reason ? You bet, it's because we will actually score. Our team with Orton in place is not a normal offense, it's an explosion of passing. Running will be involved but Detroit will end up chasng our WR around the field without much success. Stafford has basically been abused more this season without as much talent chasing him as the Bills present, yet he's going to succeeed ?

The best chance for Detroit is to hope somehow Matt gets some type of protection, which isn't going to happen. I'd plan on the Bills to jump to a near insumountable lead early on & then really making a statement. Orton will find wide open WR & the Lions will crumble quick. I actually think that based on everything being equal, the Bills will roll to a 25 point victory.

Take the moneyline every chance you get, to maximize returns. I actually waited until after the switch in QB's to pound the difference home. Megatron has already been accounted for & that normal outlet Stafford has will not be open as planned. It's a pick 6 haven for abuse, great to see the oddsmaker think contrarian. Enjoy the win.

ServoBillieves
10-03-2014, 08:07 PM
<_<

IlluminatusUIUC
10-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Lmao @ "Megatron has been accounted for."

YardRat
10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Why would they hold back any weekend?

BillsOverDolphins
10-03-2014, 09:31 PM

Maybe because EJ sucks and he's woefully inaccurate--thus abridging the playbook? Just maybe?

Ginger Vitis
10-03-2014, 10:24 PM
You said the Bills would beat the Texans by 10

imbondz
10-03-2014, 10:51 PM
The problem is Orton probably hasn't learned the full playbook and is absolutely rusty. But we'll see Sunday how he responds to this amazing opportunity he was given.

Woodman
10-03-2014, 11:56 PM

Our former starter was limited with a small playbook and an inability to execute so far with Orton that will not be the case.

YardRat
10-04-2014, 04:08 AM
I'd be surprised if Orton has a better command of a bigger portion of the playbook after only five weeks, and playbooks are 'abridged' every week based on the game plan being implemented for the specific opponent anyway. It takes a lot more experience of working together than a season and a quarter before the entire, or even larger portions, of the playbook are available to pull out on a whim, at any time.

Hitting open receivers, granted, but that has nothing to do with a conscious effort to 'hold back'.

sudzy
10-04-2014, 04:59 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sz0VFa_4JwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

swiper
10-04-2014, 05:34 AM
Shut up Skooby.

pmoon6
10-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Shut up Skooby.I think we should get a fund together and send an associate (s) to Naples, Florida to "visit" Assmunch Mitch.

I know some guys.

better days
10-04-2014, 09:35 AM
The problem is Orton probably hasn't learned the full playbook and is absolutely rusty. But we'll see Sunday how he responds to this amazing opportunity he was given.

Orton has been on the team since late August.

He said he knows the playbook & as YardRat said, he only needs to know the plays in the game plan any given week.

OpIv37
10-04-2014, 10:32 AM

Rust- yes, but he's been with the team for almost 6 weeks now, which is about how long camp/preseason is. He should be able to learn the playbook in that amount of time.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-04-2014, 11:40 AM

You might want to keep some plays in your back pocket for a more desperate situation or a divisional opponent, you might sit a guy who's a little banged up rather than try to have him play through it, you might play conservative when you should go all out because you're concerned about criticism.

NFL coaches are an extremely conservative and cautious bunch. Just watch a goofball punt inside the opponent's 45 yard line, I'm sure it will happen a few times this week.

Skooby
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Bills win, F-all haters

Skooby
10-05-2014, 02:58 PM
F-all the haters.

Ginger Vitis
10-05-2014, 03:00 PM
You got this one right kinda.. Only off by 22 points