PDA

View Full Version : Bart Scott: Patriot way mentality helped deplete New England roster

Fletch
10-03-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm lovin' every minute of Belicheat's hubris coming full circle. Bart Scott nails it on the head though.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24735847/bart-scott-patriot-way-mentality-helped-depleted-new-england-roster

"We're really going to see what type of coach Bill Belichick is when he doesn't have Brady."

I see that description of him being a football genius being called into question with an increased belief that it was much more Brady than Belicheat that was responsible for how well they've played.

ServoBillieves
10-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I'll be honest: As much as I wish neither of them was a staggering success, if Brady goes down as the real reason they were great, and Belichek is proven to be the fraud he is, then I will be overjoyed.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Ummmmmmm Superbowl winning coaches and players are not frauds.Your joy at someone else's failure is very telling as well.Really kind of sad.:please:

So what exactly does that say about you when you're trolling this board after the Bills lose a game?

Luisito23
10-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Ummmmmmm Superbowl winning coaches and players are not frauds.:please:

Except those who are a bunch of cheating bastards.

Skooby
10-03-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm sure NE still brings something to the table, I just think that their path is difficult.

Goobylal
10-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Belichick will retire when Brady does.

jimmifli
10-03-2014, 08:40 PM
The QB/coach relationship is obviously so intertwined as to be inseparable. Brady and Belichick are greater than the sum of their parts.

Finding that chemistry is essential to success in the NFL.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm lovin' every minute of Belicheat's hubris coming full circle. Bart Scott nails it on the head though.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24735847/bart-scott-patriot-way-mentality-helped-depleted-new-england-roster

"We're really going to see what type of coach Bill Belichick is when he doesn't have Brady."

I see that description of him being a football genius being called into question with an increased belief that it was much more Brady than Belicheat that was responsible for how well they've played.

While I love their early season woes almost as much as I've hated theirs, I must caution you that they have a long history of starting slow only to start winning at the worst possible time

In 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2012 they also had slow starts, and then went to the playoffs in all but one of those years, and won it all in a couple of those years. I am not yet convinced that we've seen the last of them. Slowly fading? Sure. Will replacing Brady be difficult? Yes. However, I am not convinced they are done just yet

OpIv37
10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Two things: I've always thought the Pats were more Bellicheck than Brady, based on the realities that Brady couldn't unseat Drew ****ing Henson in college and Bellicheck won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell at QB.

Second, Scott's an idiot for touting the Pats' demise this early. They haven't looked good, but neither has anyone else in the div and anything can happen at this point.

better days
10-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Ummmmmmm Superbowl winning coaches and players are not frauds.Your joy at someone else's failure is very telling as well.Really kind of sad.:please:

Well, except in the Patriots case.

The Pats* would not have won a single Super Bowl without CHEATING & the BS tuck rule.

The Pats* are ​FRAUDS

better days
10-03-2014, 10:36 PM
If the Patriots win this division it will be quite an accomplishment as their schedule is more difficult than any other AFC east teams

As it should be having won the AFC East & played in the AFC Championship game last year.

Meathead
10-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Bellicheck won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell at QB.

you will recall that was the season all the veterans were taking far LESS money to play there so they could get a ring. that was the best team not including marcia they ever had imo, better than the 16-0 team in fact

id like to jam a monkeys ass bone into my own heart when i say this, but marcia is the best ever imo. he lucked into that like amanda bynes lucked into a lighter and a can of unleaded when she was looking to start driveway fires

all you gotta know is that belicheats record as a hc without marcia was something like .489. so the 11-5 season without her was definitely an anomaly for him

hes gonna retire when she does just so that he doesnt get exposed as the painfully mediocre hc that he is. classic great dc that shouldnt have been a hc. i wouldnt want him as hc here on a bet

YardRat
10-04-2014, 04:09 AM
I'll believe the Patriots and Brady are dead when I see the body...or at least their heads on a stake or platter.

pmoon6
10-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Except those who are a bunch of cheating bastards.Well, Belichick designed the defense that beat the K-Gun and the "Greatest Show On Turf" in footballs' ultimate game. That first year had almost nothing to do with Brady.

Hate him if you like, but he is a student of the game. I'm positive he can recall the schemes that most teams used, historically. Any great coach needs players to make their defensive scheme most effective. New Englands' "mistake" is letting players go who are trying to hold them up come contract time which I don't think is a mistake at all. That isn't only on the coach, Kraft and the front office have something to say about that.

As far as cheating, I don't consider it as such. Teams have been trying to get an edge in scouting and spying on other teams for 50 or 60 years. George Allen was so paranoid about it, he had closed practices and had a security detail patrolling the surrounding area. Jimmy Johnson got an edge in SBXXVII by just watching ESPN when they had a piece at the Bills' practice before the game. He saw the offense putting in the shovel pass and adjusted his defense accordingly.

Was that cheating or were the Bills' foolish for letting cameras in?

pmoon6
10-04-2014, 04:30 AM
If the Patriots win this division it will be quite an accomplishment as their schedule is more difficult than any other AFC east teamsHaHaHa. They play basically the same teams and divisions with the Patriots drawing some of the better teams because of their record last year.

That has been the scheduling template in like....forever. It is up to the lower case teams to take advantage of the "weaker" schedule. However, the NFL is so close in terms of talent that a weak team one year can rise to the occasion the next year, so all this "strength of schedule" bull**** is just that.

Just another thing for dumbass fans to glom onto and a faux information tidbit for the myriad of sports reporters use to fill their blogs and columns.

Not surprising that you put credence into that line of thinking.

Owen DeBoard
10-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Well, Belichick designed the defense that beat the K-Gun and the "Greatest Show On Turf" in footballs' ultimate game. That first year had almost nothing to do with Brady.

Hate him if you like, but he is a student of the game. I'm positive he can recall the schemes that most teams used, historically. Any great coach needs players to make their defensive scheme most effective. New Englands' "mistake" is letting players go who are trying to hold them up come contract time which I don't think is a mistake at all. That isn't only on the coach, Kraft and the front office have something to say about that.

As far as cheating, I don't consider it as such. Teams have been trying to get an edge in scouting and spying on other teams for 50 or 60 years. George Allen was so paranoid about it, he had closed practices and had a security detail patrolling the surrounding area. Jimmy Johnson got an edge in SBXXVII by just watching ESPN when they had a piece at the Bills' practice before the game. He saw the offense putting in the shovel pass and adjusted his defense accordingly.

If that wasn't a big deal than can you explain why the jackoff commish destroyed all the evidence? Sounds to me like the NFL had to cover up the Patriots cheating image.

better days
10-04-2014, 08:11 AM
The commish destroyed,I mean discarded the evidence because it was nonsense.He probably threw it out with the bag his Wendys chicken sandwich came in that day.Intelligent fans like the one above can get beyond their PERSONAL DISLIKE of a team to fall for such sophomoric nonsense.

Goodell DESTROYED EVIDENCE of the Pats* CHEATING because it was an EMBARASSMENT ​to the NFL that Goodell did not want the World to see.

HHURRICANE
10-04-2014, 08:15 AM
I'll be honest: As much as I wish neither of them was a staggering success, if Brady goes down as the real reason they were great, and Belichek is proven to be the fraud he is, then I will be overjoyed.

I'm sorry but Bellichek is a great coach. Period, end of story. Just remember who was coaching that crappy D that beat us in Super Bowl 25.

better days
10-04-2014, 08:28 AM
The only problem with your theory is that the commissioner is running a billion dollar enterprise .Destroying evidence at this level would mean the loss of his career and possible jail time.Its not like trying to hide the fact that you gave your friend a free cheeseburger at the counter yesterday when the manager was in the bathroom.This is real grown up stuff.

BS, the EVIDENCE was destroyed, saving the NFL & its owners EMBARRASSMENT.

Who would fire the Commissioner for doing that? Certainly not his bosses.

And if CHEATING was of no real benefit to the Pats*, they would have stopped CHEATING when Goodell warned them to do so.

But they didn't, the Pats* CONTINUED to CHEAT until a former Patriots Coach Eric Mangini who knew about the Cheating, reported on them.

pmoon6
10-04-2014, 08:35 AM
If that wasn't a big deal than can you explain why the jackoff commish destroyed all the evidence? Sounds to me like the NFL had to cover up the Patriots cheating image.The NFL wants to foster an image that they are squeaky clean, but anyone who knows it's history, sees it for what it is. Entertainment. Players have used performance enhancers for years, for example, to gain an edge. Was it made public? Of course not, you just get some snippets from this player or that player and it is perceived as just a loose cannon. In their hearts, the NFL hierarchy doesn't care what they take, how it affects their health or the much ballyhooed talk about player safety as long as the product on the field meets the fans approval.

In the case of performance enhancers, the fans themselves are partly to blame. They want records broken, more touchdowns and want to see bigger, faster, stronger. Well, I have news for some of you, you don't see a 260 lb linebacker running a 4.4 forty trained by strictly natural means. The fans want this and then in their idiocy complain that the player used HgH. No ****ing ****.

At the end of the day, the NFL turns a blind eye, makes a half hearted attempt to show fans that the league is on the up and up, so it doesn't affect sales, gambling or their image.

The public has been duped and will continue to be duped. I won't even get into rules changes or the obvious engineering of games by the officials to provide maximum entertainment.

Goobylal
10-04-2014, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sir Roger destroyed the Spygate evidence because one of the tapes contained the Rams' walkthrough, which he said would need to exist for him to suspend Belichick. He's already shown himself, via the Ray Rice thing, to be a liar.

justasportsfan
10-04-2014, 10:06 AM
If cheating was not a big deal, then how come the Brady-Bellichick combo hasn't won another SB since getting caught?

Thurmal
10-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Bill Belicheck IS the Patriots. That guy made Bill Parcells' career. What happened when Bill left? Parcells did worse with the Cowboys than Wade Phillips.

starrymessenger
10-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Two things: I've always thought the Pats were more Bellicheck than Brady, based on the realities that Brady couldn't unseat Drew ****ing Henson in college and Bellicheck won 11 games with Matt ****ing Cassell at QB.

Second, Scott's an idiot for touting the Pats' demise this early. They haven't looked good, but neither has anyone else in the div and anything can happen at this point.

Cut Bart some slack.
He's a Jest after all.
Sort of like Heath Evans, a Pat, predicting that Kyle Orton will suck.
Their comments are more expressions of what they want to believe.
Anyway "we're onto Cincinatti...who are going to clean our clocks."

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 02:48 PM
The commish destroyed,I mean discarded the evidence because it was nonsense.He probably threw it out with the bag his Wendys chicken sandwich came in that day.Intelligent fans like the one above can get beyond their PERSONAL DISLIKE of a team to fall for such sophomoric nonsense.

I hope you don't expect much intelligent discussion about the travesty of justic they call "Spygate".

I've NEVER seen a bigger railroad job in my life.

The people that scream and yell and moan about it don't know the facts behind it nor do they care.

They just want to vent their hatred for a guy that's made the Bills look silly for over a decade.

As a Bills fan since inception, I have to say that some Bills fans can be giant douchebags that have no desire to have an intelligent conversation.

They just want to pimp their heroes.

Makes it difficult to discuss anything more advanced than Football 101.

pmoon6
10-04-2014, 02:55 PM
I hope you don't expect much intelligent discussion about the travesty of justic they call "Spygate".

I've NEVER seen a bigger railroad job in my life.

The people that scream and yell and moan about it don't know the facts behind it nor do they care.

They just want to vent their hatred for a guy that's made the Bills look silly for over a decade.

As a Bills fan since inception, I have to say that some Bills fans can be giant douchebags that have no desire to have an intelligent conversation.

They just want to pimp their heroes.

Makes it difficult to discuss anything more advanced than Football 101.Bravo....Bravissimo.

better days
10-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry but Bellichek is a great coach. Period, end of story. Just remember who was coaching that crappy D that beat us in Super Bowl 25.

You mean the Defense that CHEATED by calling PHONY Injury time outs?

Yeah, Belicheck has been CHEATING for a VERY LONG TIME.

better days
10-04-2014, 03:05 PM
by that logic every team in the NFL that hasn't won since must have been "cheating" as well

Illogical since the Pats* are the ONLY team to have been PROVEN CHEATERS

CommissarSpartacus
10-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Illogical since the Pats* are the ONLY team to have been PROVEN CHEATERS

No, Roger Goodell decided they were cheating.

The Pats started their videotape program at least 2 years before enough losers whined about it, they instituted this rule specifically to **** the Pats.

Had nothing to do with justice or rationality.

The only guys cheating were Goodell and a bunch of loser teams.

better days
10-04-2014, 03:17 PM
No, Roger Goodell decided they were cheating.

The Pats started their videotape program at least 2 years before enough losers whined about it, they instituted this rule specifically to **** the Pats.

Had nothing to do with justice or rationality.

The only guys cheating were Goodell and a bunch of loser teams.

Yeah, right, just give it to them.

better days
10-04-2014, 03:27 PM
We differ on if there was cheating or not.I have always believed people that buy into this do it because everyone hates a winner.Like it or not Brady is one of the best QBs to ever play the game as well as a superbowl champion.Belichick is one of the best that has ever coached,also a superbowl winner.You can try to demean these two champions all you want however it will only serve to make you look petty and small as well as ridiculous.It will cause you great pain when these two men are installed in the hall of fame.

Defending PROVEN CHEATERS just makes you look like a Pats* ass kisser.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Well, Belichick designed the defense that beat the K-Gun and the "Greatest Show On Turf" in footballs' ultimate game. That first year had almost nothing to do with Brady.

The Giants 40+ minutes of ball control were far more important, so was Mark Friggen Ingram and our defense's inability to stop him on 3rd and forever. I personally think Ron Erhardt, he died in 2012 fwiw, the Giants OC during that game was far more deserving of getting his game plan put in Canton than Bellicheat.

Goobylal
10-04-2014, 04:01 PM
They cheated and haven't won a SB since. There is no defending or minimizing this.

swiper
10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
They cheated and haven't won a SB since. There is no defending or minimizing this.

But was the punishment enough? Seems Kraft walks on water with the NFL.

Goobylal
10-04-2014, 08:06 PM
But was the punishment enough? Seems Kraft walks on water with the NFL.
No, but it was the maximum allowed under the NFL's rules. Goodell did say that if he found evidence that Belichick taped the Rams' walk-through prior to the SB, he'd suspend him. And that makes me wonder if he didn't find the tape of it when he visited them, which led him to hurriedly destroy the evidence.

As for Kraft, he was one of the richest owners at that time, and was credited with significantly increasing the league's TV contracts. When in fact it was merely Fox trying to gain legitimacy as a 4th network and overpaying for the NFL, creating a scarcity for the other packages.

JoeMama
10-04-2014, 08:31 PM

It only took 15 long, agonizing years, but I may finally be witnessing the Gaytriots demise take effect.

Tears of joy.

Hoping this sticks.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 05:36 AM
If they beat the Bengals today, I'm going to puke.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-05-2014, 05:55 AM
It only took 15 long, agonizing years, but I may finally be witnessing the Gaytriots demise take effect.

Tears of joy.

Hoping this sticks.

Honestly I feel its been more like 20. As soon as they drafted bledsoe and had parcels coach them they started beating us consistently around 94

Fletch
10-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Honestly I feel its been more like 20. As soon as they drafted bledsoe and had parcels coach them they started beating us consistently around 94

Actually, we're 2-24 vs. the Pats during the Brady era including two losses in '08 when Cassel started, and 8-8 from '94 to '00 when Bledsoe was starting.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Actually, we're 2-24 vs. the Pats during the Brady era including two losses in '08 when Cassel started, and 8-8 from '94 to '00 when Bledsoe was starting.

8 and 8 in those years. Surprised. Cuz one of those games was the 'just give it to them' game and they had a AFC championship during that time too. Better than I thought