PDA

View Full Version : Orton sucks

X-Era
10-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Put EJ back in if we're going to suck regardless. Orton is horrible.

THRILLHO
10-05-2014, 12:22 PM
He's collecting his paycheck.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Agreed.
As much as I think EJ blows, he should be in there.

paladin warrior
10-05-2014, 12:24 PM
And Todd Downing QB staff . He suck too

coastal
10-05-2014, 12:25 PM
And we paid $10 million for that?

:rofl:

SpikedLemonade
10-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Orton gets 3 more games until the bye week.

If he does poorly, you ready EJ over the bye week and he starts the last 8 games of the season to figure out if EJ is worth keeping.

Mace
10-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Wondered how long it would be before the Don Knotts Memorial Panic Thread about Orton would show up.

Way too soon to panic about him without jerking knees bouncing your chin.

I don't think it's too early to think they made a mistake hiring Downing as a QB coach though, and Hackett is going to cost Marrone his job, while line guru Marrone is dazzling no one coaching up his poorly suited behemoth zone blockers.

Downinfloflo
10-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Where is the 0-Line???

The Lions are in the backfield on every snap.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Where is the 0-Line???

The Lions are in the backfield on every snap.
That's why you have Fred Jackson in there throwing blocks and not CJ "Wiff" Spiller.

YardRat
The interior oline blows...a rookie lg, an over-rated center, and a loser rg.

It's going to take Orton some time before he resembles anything, the dust doesn't just shake off in practice the week before.

BertSquirtgum

This post is an idiot

Typ0
10-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Like it or not EJ does not make these throws and Orton is making...and we are now in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not against EJ learning and what not...but this team is way too good to have him in there shooting it in the foot.

imbondz
10-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Delete this thread!

chernobylwraiths
I thought about posting something like this after that pick six. He wasn't great, but made some nice throws. Throws that I don't think EJ can make at this point in his career.

Nice win!

Crisis
LOL

Mr. Pink
10-05-2014, 02:53 PM
This was a big L with Manuel starting.

Skooby

Go F-yourself/

justasportsfan
This is right up there with your FJax is done thread :snicker:

ParanoidAndroid
LOL. Awesome thread! Such a perfect example of fickle fans.

pmoon6
Bills' Suck!!!!!!!!

Crisis
Yeah, I wasn't high on Orton either but he played great after shaking off the rust vs an elite D. Our OL is a sack of **** though

POTLAND PSILBYLO
Wondered how long it would be before the Don Knotts Memorial Panic Thread about Orton would show up.

I don't think it's too early to think they made a mistake hiring Downing as a QB coach though, and Hackett is going to cost Marrone his job, while line guru Marrone is dazzling no one coaching up his poorly suited behemoth zone blockers.

Sy Sims

casdhf
10-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing you are single if you're always this premature lol

PromoTheRobot
10-05-2014, 02:56 PM

Do you have the Tuesday mega ball numbers?

cookie G
10-05-2014, 03:09 PM

The game aint' over til the steak hits the face

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eSuu8DkjBv8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You should know this by now.

black N yellow
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
great thread..

Woodman
10-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Uh OK why does this thread exist?

WIPE THAT DAMN EGG OFF YOUR FACE Mr. Thread starter lmfao.

CommissarSpartacus
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Boy, am I ever glad I was smart enough not to shoot my mouth off in the first half...

Don't Panic
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
This one didn't even have a 3 hour shelf life...

Joe Fo Sho
10-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I wonder if the people who wanted Orton benched after 1 quarter were the same people who were upset that we benched EJ after 4 games.

Famous Amos
10-05-2014, 03:21 PM
The refs were awful in this game. I thought if the Bills lost, it would be because the refs kept moving the goal posts backwards.

The Natrix
10-05-2014, 03:22 PM
What a stupid post. Talk about a knee-jerk reaction to a rusty QB playing one of the best NFL Ds.

coastal
10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Cut him some slack... it's not like it's easy being a Bills fan.

X-Era
10-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Anyone defending Orton did not watch this game. Watkins, not Orton, saved this game. ej would have probably done just as bad but at least he can develop. I'm glad for the win and will be glad for wherever this extremely temporary QB may be able to "manage" us to. But we again are in QB shopping mode. I'd like to find one eventually.

Night Train
10-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Being alive sucks !

X-Era
10-05-2014, 04:58 PM
And what's knee jerk is annointing Orton anything other than was he is... A mediocre at best stop gap.

k-oneputt
10-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Win.

All that matters.
No way EJ does that.
But, but, but ,but......

swiper
10-05-2014, 05:02 PM
The first ten posts are all made by idiots. Talk about panic. I guess Orton made a fool out of you.

swiper
10-05-2014, 05:06 PM
And what's knee jerk is annointing Orton anything other than was he is... A mediocre at best stop gap.

Dude. He was 30/43 for 308 yards. The last four QBs you had were Manuel, Fitz, Edwards and Losman. Just stop it already.

X-Era
10-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Dude. He was 30/43 for 308 yards. The last four QBs you had were Manuel, Fitz, Edwards and Losman. Just stop it already.
I'm sorry man. But the pick 6 was horrible and Watkins and moreover carpenter won this game. I'm glad for any win but Orton is no answer. Enjoy the win but I'd like sustainable success. I hope for the best as always but I've seen the flutie, Bledsoe, Holcomb, Kolb, Fitzpatrick show before.

Forward_Lateral
10-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Anyone defending Orton did not watch this game. Watkins, not Orton, saved this game. ej would have probably done just as bad but at least he can develop. I'm glad for the win and will be glad for wherever this extremely temporary QB may be able to "manage" us to. But we again are in QB shopping mode. I'd like to find one eventually.
Dude. You've been a member here for a long time. This is the most idiotic piece of garbage your fingers have ever typed. Orton, outside of the pick 6, was good. If you don't think he was a big reason for the comeback, you are blind. Go take your EJ love somewhere else. This is fuggin ridiculous. Guy throws for over 300, the team wins, on the road against what was the NFLs number one D before the game. What more do you frigging want?

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Kyle Orton - 308 yards

Something you will never be able to say about EJ

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2014, 05:15 PM

This post is an idiot

swiper
10-05-2014, 05:17 PM

Stop. Just admit you're wrong already. Watkins only made those catches because he had a QB that got the ball close enough to him for you to see what he really had. Today was the FIRST day since we drafted Watkins that that has happened. Not giving Orton credit for coming around and winning this game just makes you look foolish.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Boy, am I ever glad I was smart enough not to shoot my mouth off in the first half...

1 out of 10 aint bad

swiper
10-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry man. But the pick 6 was horrible and Watkins and moreover carpenter won this game. I'm glad for any win but Orton is no answer. Enjoy the win but I'd like sustainable success. I hope for the best as always but I've seen the flutie, Bledsoe, Holcomb, Kolb, Fitzpatrick show before.

He was signed August 29th. If you can't get over that pick-6 then it's you're problem. Everyone throws them. And typically with a whole lot more preparation than Orton had.

And, as others have pointed out, Detroit has the #1 defense in the league.

swiper
10-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Dude. You've been a member here for a long time. This is the most idiotic piece of garbage your fingers have ever typed. Orton, outside of the pick 6, was good. If you don't think he was a big reason for the comeback, you are blind. Go take your EJ love somewhere else. This is fuggin ridiculous. Guy throws for over 300, the team wins, on the road against what was the NFLs number one D before the game. What more do you frigging want?

It's funny how some people are willing to let Manuel make mistake after mistake and give him a pass, but Orton can't make one.

Skooby
10-05-2014, 05:22 PM

The guy hasn't even played a regular season game in 10 months & gets our first 300 passing game in one game, what's the issue ?

DynaPaul
10-05-2014, 05:22 PM
He had a rough start but warmed up. Great game.

coastal
10-05-2014, 05:44 PM
Wtf is wrong with you?

cookie G
10-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Wtf is wrong with you?

He shouldn't have come back. People would have chalked it up to game time frustrationn.

Can everyone pile on now?

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Lol

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2014, 05:52 PM
The guy hasn't even played a regular season game in 10 months & gets our first 300 passing game in one game, what's the issue ?

Seriously. Wtf. Not only that but he made quick decisions and some nice throws against the number 1 D and after one week as starter. People need to get some perspective.

JoeMama
10-05-2014, 05:53 PM
He was signed August 29th. If you can't get over that pick-6 then it's you're problem. Everyone throws them. And typically with a whole lot more preparation than Orton had.

And, as others have pointed out, Detroit has the #1 defense in the league.

The important thing is that Orton knew how to bounce back and not let one bad pass turn into one bad game.

Very impressive performance by Orton going against the league's #1 defense and walking away with a win.

And he can be even better considering he's only been with the team about a month. More reps, more familiarity with the offense means more potential.

Novacane
10-05-2014, 05:54 PM
When you find yourself if a hole you should stop digging!

justasportsfan
10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Oh just accept your knee jerk mistake and move on

Meathead
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
- lions 2nd best nfl pass defense, 1st run defense
- orton signed two minutes thirty four seconds before opening season kickoff
- first game on the road against a very tough team and a big seven point spot
- fighting the ****ing refs who kept pushing the goalline back
- 70% completions, 308 yds, 1 td, 1 pick, several very key big plays

yeah orton sucks

:lolpoint: xera

frankly i dont think he can keep playing like that but if he does the division and beyond is a lock for this team

coastal
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
He shouldn't have come back. People would have chalked it up to game time frustrationn.

Can everyone pile on now?
Put it this way... if Marrone hadn't made the switch the way he did, would the team have continued to battle the way they did today, or would they have melted?

IMO they willed themselves a "W".

It wasnt because of Orton... it was because the coach kept his word to the team about doing what was in their best interest, and Orton played his role.

It was an awesome game.

if anyone wants to cast any shadows on today's triumph it would be this...

I think there's something wrong with Stafford. He played horribly. I also think Detroit didnt run the ball enough.

justasportsfan
10-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Nobody is arguing the points made in this post . your original post IS the problem.

I take back the 1st sentence in my reply, you've seen the Bledsoe , Holcomb etc show before but you haven't seen the JP, Rj show before? Because Ej was worse than those 2

Mad Max
10-05-2014, 06:02 PM

Who's anointing Orton anything? I'm pretty sure most everyone feels Orton is a stop gap and nothing more. A lot of us also feel EJ is >never< going to develop into NFL starter material so we're happy to have Orton try and win some games for us...it's as simple as that.

We have no first round pick so tanking thoughts are out the window, let's just win and worry about finding our franchise QB down the road a bit.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-05-2014, 06:03 PM

You'd have to give Manuel 10 chances before he'd hit that throw to Goodwin that set up the tying TD.

Meathead
10-05-2014, 06:04 PM
actual picture of xera at 4:30 today:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6219/6322367755_e20a7194a3_z.jpg

notacon
10-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Orton does suck.

The only reason the Bills won is because of an unbelievable play by Watkins. I just watched the replay again. That pass was God-awful. Watkins does not tip it and bring it in, it's intercepted.

Don't get me wrong. Orton payed a decent game today. He was not the reason the Bills won. The Bills defense stepped it up. Stafford played like crap (just like the first two ages the Bills won...the opposing QB sucked worse than ours), Freddy Jackson is THE spark plug of the team...Detroit's FG kicker was God-awful...ours was much, much better.

When the other teams get a hold of Orton's game tape, they are going to smother him. Every game will get progressively worse.

The play calling by the Bills if for ****...for both Manuel and Orton.

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Orton will get better as the rust shakes off.

I mean you couldn't have scripted a worse entry into resuming play as a starting QB in the NFL. And when it was crunch time the dude won the game. That's what counts.

WagonCircler
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM
This is definitely a first ballot Hall of Fail thread.

Skooby
10-05-2014, 06:15 PM
We played the #1 defense today, which was touted multiple times. Our defense was better & our QB played great ball to win it, stats be damned.

Typ0
10-05-2014, 06:26 PM
There are years of game tape on Orton. He's decent behind center and with all the talent we have around him the Bills have an actual chance at success this season. He delivers the ball ... Manual floated the ball.

Orton does suck.

The only reason the Bills won is because of an unbelievable play by Watkins. I just watched the replay again. That pass was God-awful. Watkins does not tip it and bring it in, it's intercepted.

Don't get me wrong. Orton payed a decent game today. He was not the reason the Bills won. The Bills defense stepped it up. Stafford played like crap (just like the first two ages the Bills won...the opposing QB sucked worse than ours), Freddy Jackson is THE spark plug of the team...Detroit's FG kicker was God-awful...ours was much, much better.

When the other teams get a hold of Orton's game tape, they are going to smother him. Every game will get progressively worse.

The play calling by the Bills if for ****...for both Manuel and Orton.

sudzy
10-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Orton played pretty well, for the tough spot he was put in at. On the road, against on of the hottest defenses, only had the playbook 1 month. This team is so good all the QB has to do not screw it up. And EJ couldn't do that last week. Orton gives this team the best chance to make the playoffs since 2004. And that's all that matters.

Meathead
10-05-2014, 06:39 PM
i certainly didnt expect that kind of performance out of him this game. i figured he would probably suck only a little bit less that ej, but not only didnt he not suck (outside of the pick six) he was very impressive

honestly i dont think we can expect that from him on a consistent basis. im afraid to say the next part, but if he can play like that most weeks then the bills have solved their qb problem. orton is only 31, he could play at his peak level at least another three years. that would afford the bills to be patient in seeing if ej can rebound and to wait for some other qb to fall to them in the draft

certainly i dont expect that, but how awesome would it be if orton turned into the next rich gannon? bonerific awesome is what it would be

Mace
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
i certainly didnt expect that kind of performance out of him this game. i figured he would probably suck only a little bit less that ej, but not only didnt he not suck (outside of the pick six) he was very impressive

honestly i dont think we can expect that from him on a consistent basis. im afraid to say the next part, but if he can play like that most weeks then the bills have solved their qb problem. orton is only 31, he could play at his peak level at least another three years. that would afford the bills to be patient in seeing if ej can rebound and to wait for some other qb to fall to them in the draft

certainly i dont expect that, but how awesome would it be if orton turned into the next rich gannon? bonerific awesome is what it would be

I like Orton, but that's exactly what you can expect, that he'll consistently be Orton. In our case, this is a good thing.

X-Era
10-05-2014, 07:37 PM
There is no love for EJ here. That's an easy mistake to make.

What you're dealing with in this case is someone who has watched a whole bunch of Bills teams for a whole bunch of years look very mediocre or worse... And is yet again watching more of the same.

Honestly, enjoy the win. Sorry to rain on anyones parade.

Knee jerk? Probably to some degree I can see that. I was stoked at the Goodwin pass. It was a really great throw. But, a lot of plays were left on the field.

Like I said. Enjoy the win.

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Orton will have those pick 6 plays continue in the future. That is who he is. But he also is the guy who won't shrink when the win can be attained. Feeling good about this team. Oline just leapfrogged qb for most worrisome unit on the team. I also hate our punt return team. It struggles mightily which is weird because our punt coverage team is outstanding. Both the oline and the punt return must improve but fantastic win today.

justasportsfan
10-05-2014, 08:27 PM

What you're dealing with in this case is someone who has watched a whole bunch of Bills teams for a whole bunch of years look very mediocre or worse... And is yet again watching more of the same.

Knee jerk? Probably to some degree I can see that. I was stoked at the Goodwin pass. It was a really great throw. But, a lot of plays were left on the field.

Then the problem is on you. Seems like you were expecting more than a Bledsoe in Orton. All I expected from him was a better Qb than Ej and that's exactly what we got.

Mr. Pink
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I anoint Orton as the guy that saves this fan base from ever seeing EJ Manuel take another snap as a member of the Buffalo Bills. That is a win in my book.

Cleve
10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
This was a big L with Manuel starting.

Yup. I thought the exact same thing. Except for the Manuel-like interception early in the game, Orton played quite well. I just couldn't picture Manuel winning this game.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2014, 09:34 PM

How many plays were left on the field with EJ behind center? Get real xEra

tampabay25690
10-05-2014, 09:37 PM
X my man...
I can't even stick up for u!!

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Put it this way... if Marrone hadn't made the switch the way he did, would the team have continued to battle the way they did today, or would they have melted?

IMO they willed themselves a "W".

It wasnt because of Orton... it was because the coach kept his word to the team about doing what was in their best interest, and Orton played his role.

It was an awesome game.

if anyone wants to cast any shadows on today's triumph it would be this...

I think there's something wrong with Stafford. He played horribly. I also think Detroit didnt run the ball enough.

Cred the Bills D for messing up Stafford. Like "what's wrong with our OL?" Duh. Duhtroit is what's wrong widdit. Stafford sacked six times.

Crisis
10-06-2014, 01:04 AM
Stafford isn't that good when he's not able to force the ball to Megatron every other play.

don137
10-06-2014, 04:50 AM
I guess since Orton is not Manning or Brees he should be benched. Yes he threw a pick 6 but so did EJ the week before. Orton is an average QB but still much better than EJ at this point. The Bills can win with an average QB. I want EJ to succeed but when was the last time he threw for 300 yards?

swiper
10-06-2014, 04:59 AM
I anoint Orton as the guy that saves this fan base from ever seeing EJ Manuel take another snap as a member of the Buffalo Bills. That is a win in my book.

I like Orton. Have for years. I wanted them to sign him instead of Fitzpatrick. But he's not perfect. He is an up and down guy.

2010 was the last season he played any. He was the #10 QB in the league. I'll certainly take that. During the "meat" of his career (2008 - 2010) he was a decent QB option. Head and shoulders above anything the Bils have had in the past ten years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8520/kyle-orton

notacon
10-06-2014, 07:20 AM
There are years of game tape on Orton. He's decent behind center and with all the talent we have around him the Bills have an actual chance at success this season. He delivers the ball ... Manual floated the ball.

There is tape from other teams, other offensive structures. Orton sucks. He's barely capable playing .500 ball, if that.

There is a reason the Bills are his sixth NFL team. The guy is just not a NFL starting QB...never has been. He's a very good backup.

The only "success" the Bills will have this season will lie with their defense, which I'm not convinced is consistent enough against the better offenses in the league. This season has all the markings of 8-8 and no playoffs.

notacon
10-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Watkins saved Orton's ass with that terrible, terrible pass on the winning drive. Watkins does not do his Superman act, and it's a sure INT.

Jesus. There is not a big difference between Manuel and Orton. They both suck. Orton has more experience which makes it easier for him to hide how much he sucks.

Meathead
10-06-2014, 07:29 AM
in his post game press conference watkins admitted he missed that there was a blitz on that play and that he should have looked for the ball sooner than he did. thus that ball was placed perfectly and the only person he bailed out with the circus juggling catch was himself

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Watkins saved Orton's ass with that terrible, terrible pass on the winning drive. Watkins does not do his Superman act, and it's a sure INT.

Exactly, but for anyone to make a superman act, you at least have to throw it to him and thats all we're asking Orton to do. EJ would have ran the ball out of bounds SHORT OF THE FIRST DOWN.

EJ DOES NOT MAKE THAT THROW TO GOODWIN EITHER.

notacon
10-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Exactly, but for anyone to make a superman act, you at least have to throw it to him and thats all we're asking Orton to do. EJ would have ran the ball out of bounds SHORT OF THE FIRST DOWN.

EJ DOES NOT MAKE THAT THROW TO GOODWIN EITHER.

Nonsense. He made throws exactly like that to Goodwin this year and last.

The point is they both suck. Trying to denigrate Manuel by saying that Orton is soooo much better is garbage.

Just watch this coming week. The Pats are going to expose both our weak QB and our defense.

Novacane
10-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I guess since Orton is not Manning or Brees he should be benched. Yes he threw a pick 6 but so did EJ the week before. Orton is an average QB but still much better than EJ at this point. The Bills can win with an average QB. I want EJ to succeed but when was the last time he threw for 300 yards?

High school? He's never done it in the NFL

notacon
10-06-2014, 08:01 AM
in his post game press conference watkins admitted he missed that there was a blitz on that play and that he should have looked for the ball sooner than he did. thus that ball was placed perfectly and the only person he bailed out with the circus juggling catch was himself

Which happened all the time with Manuel too. We saw it time after time after time that the receivers probably ran bad routes...especially when a ball was released before the receiver even came close to his break. With Manuel (at least to some haters) it was always his fault....and he was called "inaccurate".

Both Orton and Manuel are equally "inaccurate". Jesus, have to same standards. If you did you would admit that they both suck.

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2014, 08:14 AM

The point is they both suck. Trying to denigrate Manuel by saying that Orton is soooo much better is garbage.

Just watch this coming week. The Pats are going to expose both our weak QB and our defense.

EJ made about 2 throws like that to Goodwin in 9 games he played in, quit acting like this was a common thing just to make your point.

Fact - Orton is 1-0, has a 30 QBR (which isnt good) against one of the best defenses in the NFL. One game but we won.
Fact - EJ is 2-2, has a 19.8 QBR (which is worse) and had QBRs of 7.4 and 8.4 in his last 2 games, which we lost.

EJ wasn't cutting it and was hanging WR's out to dry. STFU - we won! Enjoy it!

Mahdi
10-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Which happened all the time with Manuel too. We saw it time after time after time that the receivers probably ran bad routes...especially when a ball was released before the receiver even came close to his break. With Manuel (at least to some haters) it was always his fault....and he was called "inaccurate".

Both Orton and Manuel are equally "inaccurate". Jesus, have to same standards. If you did you would admit that they both suck.

Saying Orton and Manuel are equally inaccurate throws out all your credibility. That is clearly a false statement. Orton has better pre and post snap reads and throws a better ball.

Detroit has a very good D and Orton got better as the game went on which makes sense for a guy who has barely played in the last 2 years and has been taking few snaps with the first team since coming back to the NFL.

Fletch
10-06-2014, 09:00 AM

Spot on. I'm tellin' ya.

I'm going to put together a montage thread about Orton. Reading these yesterday has been comical.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Week 5, 2005.

The Bills, who anointed JP Losman as their starter in the off season, had a good first game, followed by three stinkers.

So, Mularkey and Clements start Kelly Holcomb in game 5, forever pissing off Losmaniacs everywhere, including the Bills owner and gm.

Holcomb goes 20/26 for 170 yds and 1 td, and leads the Bills to a 20 - 14 victory over the Dolphins.

You think Bills fans would have been happy, but no, there were MASSIVE attacks from the Losmaniacs on Kelly Holcomb and anyone who thought that it was a good idea to sit Losman.

It's not nearly as bad this time, which I ascribe to the fact that Manuel is black, and thus not as attractive as a fetish object for a mostly white fanboy base.

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Week 5, 2005.

The Bills, who anointed JP Losman as their starter in the off season, had a good first game, followed by three stinkers.

So, Mularkey and Clements start Kelly Holcomb in game 5, forever pissing off Losmaniacs everywhere, including the Bills owner and gm.

Holcomb goes 20/26 for 170 yds and 1 td, and leads the Bills to a 20 - 14 victory over the Dolphins.

You think Bills fans would have been happy, but no, there were MASSIVE attacks from the Losmaniacs on Kelly Holcomb and anyone who thought that it was a good idea to sit Losman.

It's not nearly as bad this time, which I ascribe to the fact that Manuel is black, and thus not as attractive as a fetish object for a mostly white fanboy base.

So Bills fans want EJ out because he's black? what a joke. If EJ didnt have QBRs of 7 and 8 his last 2 games maybe people wouldn't be so OK with Orton being under center now.

better days
10-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Week 5, 2005.

Well, I ascribe it to the fact Orton is a MUCH BETTER QB than Holcomb, even if Orton is nothing better than mediocre.

300+ yards against the #1 Defense > than 170 yds against the Fins.

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 09:18 AM

Last year? Have you ever heard of the saying that " you're as good as your last game"? I don't care about what he did last year because it seems to me he hasn't grown from lat year but regressed instead.

better days
10-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Well, people were saying the Bills defense would be exposed against the Lions.

I said before the Pats*-Bengals game that the Pats* had the advantage in that game being at home.

This next game is in Buffalo, advantage Bills.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 09:26 AM
So Bills fans want EJ out because he's black?

Did I say that? No.

Read what I said again, maybe you'll get it this time...

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Well, I ascribe it to the fact Orton is a MUCH BETTER QB than Holcomb, even if Orton is nothing better than mediocre.

300+ yards against the #1 Defense > than 170 yds against the Fins.

Looks like another hammer has escaped from his sack.

X-Era
10-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Then the problem is on you. Seems like you were expecting more than a Bledsoe in Orton. All I expected from him was a better Qb than Ej and that's exactly what we got.Actually, what I'm expecting is for Orton to play like a playoff caliber QB. If that isn't what we get then the whole premise for Marrone putting him in is in question. If he plays mediocre at best and wins us a game, loses us a game, but usually does nothing more than play mediocre and we end up at 8 and 8 what was the point?

better days
10-06-2014, 09:31 AM

Looks like another hammer has escaped from his sack.

And it came down upon your head.

Bang Bang Maxwell's Silver hammer.

better days
10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Actually, what I'm expecting is for Orton to play like a playoff caliber QB. If that isn't what we get then the whole premise for Marrone putting him in is in question. If he plays mediocre at best and wins us a game, loses us a game, but usually does nothing more than play mediocre and we end up at 8 and 8 what was the point?

The point was to try & make the playoffs.

There is a better chance doing that with Orton than with EJ at this point, but I'm not giving up on EJ at this point either.

Let EJ sit & learn.

X-Era
10-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Week 5, 2005.

It's not nearly as bad this time, which I ascribe to the fact that Manuel is black, and thus not as attractive as a fetish object for a mostly white fanboy base.You do realize you skipped the conclusion to the Losman/Holcomb story right?

That in fact is my entire premise... If Orton is not a playoff caliber QB on this team (just like Holcomb wasn't), you don't accomplish anything by playing him long term.

And before you claim I'm an EJ lover, I'm not. I think EJ is not our answer either and have stated that. Unfortunately we are again watching the latest verison of the Bills QB saga... and the search is again on.

All that said, I hope Orton proves me wrong and that we get to the playoffs.

Pinkerton Security
10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Did I say that? No.

Read what I said again, maybe you'll get it this time...

No I read it, it just boggles my mind that you'd turn it into a race thing. If anything you're perpetuating that thought process as it literally never crossed my mind.

Cleve
10-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Orton's overall QB rating for the week is ~31, or 23rd out of this week's starters (MNF still to be played). He seemed clearly rusty in the first half, but seemed to loosen up and improve noticeably in the 2nd half.

A QBR of 31 isn't great, but - Manuel's aggregate was ~19 - which places him at 31 out of 32 starters. The only worse QB is Chad Henne; I believe his QBR is 16.

Look at it this way- Orton's play was 50% better than Manuel's average to date. That' a definite improvement.

What we saw yesterday, particularly in the 2nd half, was the difference between an average QB at the helm, and a below average QB.

soapman
10-06-2014, 09:39 AM

I was at the game yesterday and let me just say this. Orton won this game for us. Not the coaching, not the defense(although they played a great game), it was Orton. He did everything EJ did not do. The entire first half I just kept saying let him throw the damn ball! They never let him throw and when they did it was obvious dump offs. The one think KO does is stare down his receivers often so it just looked like those early dump offs to the backs and Chandler were designed to get the ball out quick. Near the end of the second you could tell the reigns had been loosened and KO was letting it rip. The timing throws were the biggest stand out. He hit Watkins several times if not all the times before his break. He spread the ball well and he went through his progressions. And that throw up the sideline to Goodwin? I was right there on the sideline where he caught the ball. That ball was perfectly placed. I have not seen anything from EJ that would lead me to believe that he would be able to do any of that now at this stage of his career.

casdhf
10-06-2014, 09:42 AM
The defense won that game, dude.

better days
10-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I was at the game yesterday and let me just say this. Orton won this game for us. Not the coaching, not the defense(although they played a great game), it was Orton. He did everything EJ did not do. The entire first half I just kept saying let him throw the damn ball! They never let him throw and when they did it was obvious dump offs. The one think KO does is stare down his receivers often so it just looked like those early dump offs to the backs and Chandler were designed to get the ball out quick. Near the end of the second you could tell the reigns had been loosened and KO was letting it rip. The timing throws were the biggest stand out. He hit Watkins several times if not all the times before his break. He spread the ball well and he went through his progressions. And that throw up the sideline to Goodwin? I was right there on the sideline where he caught the ball. That ball was perfectly placed. I have not seen anything from EJ that would lead me to believe that he would be able to do any of that now at this stage of his career.

Well IMO, it was a TEAM win.

The defense, Orton, the receivers & Carpenter were all responsible for that win.

soapman
10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Well IMO, it was a TEAM win.

The defense, Orton, the receivers & Carpenter were all responsible for that win.
My point is that with EJ that would have been a loss. Kyle was the x factor that got the bills the win. Given the same circumstances, same D, same injuries we still lose the game.

better days
10-06-2014, 09:51 AM
My point is that with EJ that would have been a loss. Kyle was the x factor that got the bills the win. Given the same circumstances, same D, same injuries we still lose the game.

The way EJ played the previous two games, you are probably right about that.

CommissarSpartacus
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM
You do realize you skipped the conclusion to the Losman/Holcomb story right?

That in fact is my entire premise... If Orton is not a playoff caliber QB on this team (just like Holcomb wasn't), you don't accomplish anything by playing him long term.

Way ahead of you my friend...

Can Kyle Orton WIN THE SUPERBOWL?

Because, if he can't, what's the point of playing him?

So, he wins one or two games more than EJ. Big deal.

Give EJ at least two more years, and if he still can't cut it, we'll draft some other stiff, but I don't want to win with Orton.

I'd rather lose with EJ because it makes draft day so much more exciting!

This type of reasoning was endemic in 2005, and it was as stupid then as it is now (hopefully you can recognize sarcasm).

Mortgaging a whole team's future to prop up a draft pick is a great way to lose an entire team.

Players are pros, and they get paid for their performance, and if your team has a qb that sucks, the rest of the offense is looking at taking a hit personally, which means LOSING MONEY.

I guarantee you there is NO ONE in the Bills locker room that wants to take a hit on their next contract to "groom" EJ.

mysticsoto
10-06-2014, 09:59 AM
You do realize you skipped the conclusion to the Losman/Holcomb story right?

And before you claim I'm an EJ lover, I'm not. I think EJ is not our answer either and have stated that. Unfortunately we are again watching the latest verison of the Bills QB saga... and the search is again on.

All that said, I hope Orton proves me wrong and that we get to the playoffs.

Who's talking long term? Right now, EJ is not playing well and getting WRs killed out there. Did you miss that hit that Goodwin took in trying to catch the pass EJ threw to him. At what point do we bench EJ? When Watkins goes on IR??? Let EJ sit and get watch & absorb. I still hope he develops...we all do. But right now, he is not there and doing the team overall harm by being in. Nobody is saying Orton is Peyton or Brady. But w/our good D, he may be enough to barely get into the playoffs.

Lucidvizion
10-06-2014, 10:00 AM

Okay, just for the sake of argument I'll agree that Orton was inaccurate.

Here is where I saw that Orton was miles ahead of EJ:
- He was able to make multiple reads on passing plays. Even from one side of the field to the other.
- He wasn't staring down his pre-snap reads when the ball was snapped.
- He didn't panic when a defensive end got past his peripheral vision. He kept his eyes downfield and trusted his tackles to give him time.

Skooby
10-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Orton's overall QB rating for the week is ~31, or 23rd out of this week's starters (MNF still to be played). He seemed clearly rusty in the first half, but seemed to loosen up and improve noticeably in the 2nd half.

A QBR of 31 isn't great, but - Manuel's aggregate was ~19 - which places him at 31 out of 32 starters. The only worse QB is Chad Henne; I believe his QBR is 16.

Look at it this way- Orton's play was 50% better than Manuel's average to date. That' a definite improvement.

What we saw yesterday, particularly in the 2nd half, was the difference between an average QB at the helm, and a below average QB.

#1 Rushing D help's all stats.

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 10:01 AM
didn't read full thread. i think orton was a step up over EJ in the game. i don't think that performance will be good enough to be a playoff team. the goal the team has set for itself.

some of that was orton and some of it was hackett (in redzone, have a running play that can pick up two yards). but in this game, orton made the throw to goodwin, he scored a TD in the redzone (i actually felt comfortable that they were going to score from the 2 yard line, something i didn't feel with EJ).

In my mind, the bills will need to go 3-1 three times if you break the season down in 4 four game segments. do you trust orton going 9-3 for last 12 games. he's 1-0 now.

i need to see more to know. but he got a win, made some throws and largely limited his mistakes in the second half. but some issues of EJ's are still his. and it seems to be more an issue of play calling etc. they had the ball with under 2 minutes and couldn't get into fieldgoal range. they didn't move it very much at all in that clutch time to wini the game. and in a 10 yr career he's had 8 comebacks? not very inspiring.

mysticsoto
10-06-2014, 10:04 AM

Usually we agree on some things, but we disagree here. The Patriots are very much beatable and are not the formidable team they used to be. Yeah, they won big last night. The Bengals played like crap though. Look at previous weeks or the game w/Miami. Definitely beatable! I want our defense to have Brady doing his usual crying to the refs!!!

Looking ahead we have Pats, Minn & Jets next. We could be going into our bye at 6-2...leading the AFC East. That would be freaking awesome!!!

casdhf
10-06-2014, 10:07 AM
3-1 each quarter? That's 12-4.

No way. 9-7 wins this division.

notacon
10-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Saying Orton and Manuel are equally inaccurate throws out all your credibility. That is clearly a false statement. Orton has better pre and post snap reads and throws a better ball.

Detroit has a very good D and Orton got better as the game went on which makes sense for a guy who has barely played in the last 2 years and has been taking few snaps with the first team since coming back to the NFL.

The differences are minimal. Mainly due to experience.

Orton sucks. To expect him to perform differently than he has his whole career is unrealistic. He is, at best, a .500 player, much better suited to a backup role.

Anyone who tries to put forth the idea that he is sooooooo much better throws out all their credibility. Again, Orton sucks. That is why he's on his sixth team, and has not sniffed a regular starter role.

EJ made about 2 throws like that to Goodwin in 9 games he played in, quit acting like this was a common thing just to make your point.

Fact - Orton is 1-0, has a 30 QBR (which isnt good) against one of the best defenses in the NFL. One game but we won.
Fact - EJ is 2-2, has a 19.8 QBR (which is worse) and had QBRs of 7.4 and 8.4 in his last 2 games, which we lost.

EJ wasn't cutting it and was hanging WR's out to dry. STFU - we won! Enjoy it!

Wow. We won one game with Orton. He was not the difference maker. Our kicker was...and Detroit's kicker sucked.

Again, Manuel sucks too...especially in his last tow games. Orton sucks too. He will get progressively worse as every game goes by, starting with this week. Belichick and the Pats defense are going make him look very, very bad. I hope I'm wrong, but his history suggests that I'm spot on.

Jesus. The Bills have not had a good QB since 1996. We've seen this dynamic before. It started with Bledsoe, whom the Pats unloaded on our sorry ass management. All the stiffs we have tried, even though their history gave us exactly what they were...Holcomb and Fitzpatrick were the worst pretenders. The rookies we could chalk up to not knowing how they would react to the NFL...all of them very, very badly.

Manuel was a reach....everyone KNEW he was a reach. The Bills management has been terrible picking and grooming QB's since 1960. Hopefully, Pagula will clean house...COMPLETELY...so we can finally get a real football organization in Buffalo.

Fletch
10-06-2014, 10:31 AM
The game aint' over til the steak hits the face

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eSuu8DkjBv8?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>

You should know this by now.

LMAO

Cleve
10-06-2014, 10:32 AM
#1 Rushing D help's all stats.

Oh, for sure the DEFENSE was the main reason that game was won yesterday.

But unlike Manuel, Orton didn't suck and was able to make good throws at key moments - and that allowed the Bills to win.

Meathead
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
really they have to beat the cheaters next week if they want the division

as weakened as the cheats are, i just dont see the bills being able to beat them in cheatertown. the jets are such a dumpster fire that we should be able to beat them twice. even losing to the fish and cheaters on the road would then put their division record at 4-2, which would be very tough to beat since the fish would have to win all five of their remaining division games to do it

with a win over both the fish and the cheats, that would negate any head to head tie breaker, leaving it next up to common opponents, where the bills are 2-1 (fish and cheats dont play the texans). the chiefs game then becomes huge bc the fish and cheats have already lost to them, and that game is in bflo. cheats and fish still have to play chargers. all three teams have to play the packers

if the bills lose next week, its an uphill battle all season just to have a chance to try to catch the cheats by beating them the last game of the season in cheatertown

so mostly likely this coming week will define their realistic chances for the division

notacon
10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Usually we agree on some things, but we disagree here. The Patriots are very much beatable and are not the formidable team they used to be. Yeah, they won big last night. The Bengals played like crap though. Look at previous weeks or the game w/Miami. Definitely beatable! I want our defense to have Brady doing his usual crying to the refs!!!

Looking ahead we have Pats, Minn & Jets next. We could be going into our bye at 6-2...leading the AFC East. That would be freaking awesome!!!

I know the Pats are "beatable"....which is why I think the possibility of them making us look bad will be very, very revealing.

So...are we to believe that Chicago played like crap...and Miami played like crap and our defense had nothing to do with that?? What are we talking about here? Manuel plays like crap the last two games, but the opposition had nothing to do with that?

Sorry. Bills fans, especially here, have this tendency to overplay how bad we are after a loss, and overplay how good we are after a win.

This team has all the markings of an 8-8 team...with either QB at the helm. Management sucks. HC is way over his head. The Bills drafting has been for **** for decades.

Man, I hope we beat the Pats silly. There is nothing better I'd like to see than Tom Brady writhing on the ground after getting his ass beat up time and time again. I would love to see Orton burn up the field and Watkins show us what he's worth a low first round choice (much less two). But, I've been a Bills fans well before most of the posters here have even many of their parents have been alive.

We only had one run in the modern era, and that was DESPITE the Bills management, not because of it. They did EVERYTHING they could to **** up picking, and getting Jim Kelly on the team. They finally get a GM that has a clue, and the owner hates him and chases him off.

THAT's where I'm coming from. Orton is just the latest in a long string of fool's gold. He sucks. He is NOT a NFL starting QB. Period.

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Actually, what I'm expecting is for Orton to play like a playoff caliber QB.in his 1st game vs. the no.1 D? I was only expecting a qb that is willing to throw the ball and giving his receivers to make plays. That's what we got.

If that isn't what we get then the whole premise for Marrone putting him in is in question. huh? IF Orton was a playoff caliber qb he would be starting for some other team and we wouldn't have had to pick him off the streets.

If he plays mediocre at best and wins us a game, loses us a game, but usually does nothing more than play mediocre and we end up at 8 and 8 what was the point? Mediocre at best is better than what EJ was . EJ was a bad version of JP Losman and Rj/Trent combined.

8-8 is better than 2-14 if Ej continued to play like he did. So you're all for that suck for Luck thing even though we don't have a 1 rd pick?

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 10:40 AM
THAT's where I'm coming from. Orton is just the latest in a long string of fool's gold. He sucks. He is NOT a NFL starting QB. Period.

that may very be true, but the option (EJ) is worse.

You play your best players and Orton is the best qb on the team.

The way EJ played in his last 2 games, I was even willing to start Tuel over him. He'd rush for 1st downs and throw the ball.

Cleve
10-06-2014, 10:52 AM
^^^ Exactly.

Is Orton an elite QB? Quite doubtful.

Is he better than EJ Manuel has been this year? Definitely. Therefore the coach has an easy and obvious decision - start Orton.

This is a no-brainer.

Maybe if EJ shows improvement, then reconsider the decision. But for now - the best QB on the team is Orton and he's the guy any sane coach has to play.

feldspar
10-06-2014, 11:12 AM
You play the guy that gives you the best chance to win. I think it's obvious that this person is Kyle Orton. It ain't rocket science. You play Orton. That's the only choice. Anybody that feels the need to whine can please do it away from me.

These are the cards we've been dealt as fans. If the best guy on the team is starting, then shut the hell up already. Talk about replacement QBs in the offseason. Until then, root for your team and enjoy the ride. If watching the team makes you miserable, then take up the hobby of creating doilies. Go shopping to add to your stylish scarf collection.

Figster
10-06-2014, 11:17 AM
I just want to add I love Sammy!!!

Mr. Pink
10-06-2014, 11:24 AM
The Bills would have lost that game 14-3 or 14-6 with EJ in.

It looks a lot like the 2000 Ravens who went 5 weeks without being able to score a TD with Tony Banks leading the offense and all of a sudden looked competent on offense with Dilfer.

Not that this team's defense is that strong but even with a good D carrying you to wins, which is what people want to claim happened yesterday, you need competent QB play.

Does Kyle Orton take this team to a Superbowl, ummm no, not even close BUT he should allow for this team to play some meaningful football games in November and December. When is the last time that happened here?

Buffalogic
10-06-2014, 11:35 AM
I think we have a team built to win in December and beyond. I mean we can stop the run. We can pressure the QB. Those are pretty much the most important factors in winning in the playoffs.

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 11:36 AM
3-1 each quarter? That's 12-4.

No way. 9-7 wins this division.

i would have agreed if the pats didn't just smoke the bengals. you know they have reverted back to their cheating ways. no way a team looks as dead as the patriots with as little talent as they have and all of a sudden put up 42 points.

my theory is that belichick wants to go clean, and every time he does he looks suspciously like the browns coach who sucked. and like a crack addict, he tells himself, let me view those tapes just once to balance everything out and i'll go clean again. i just need a little help. and then he can't get off the stuff.

with the way the pats are built on both sides of the ball, there is no way they should have the game they had last night.

casdhf
10-06-2014, 12:07 PM
The Bengals were flat. Just like the Pats were vs. the Chiefs. They won't be the last team to rebound at home after getting annihilated on the road.

notacon
10-06-2014, 12:20 PM
that may very be true, but the option (EJ) is worse.

You play your best players and Orton is the best qb on the team.

The way EJ played in his last 2 games, I was even willing to start Tuel over him. He'd rush for 1st downs and throw the ball.

I disagree. Orton is marginally better. His first half was awful. He got lucky in the second. EJ could have easily won this game too. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves....mainly because of EJ hatred.

I think they both suck. Manuel gave us the chance of an upside. Orton does not. He is what he is, a back up caliber QB. In the long run, Orton may give us a 8-8 season where Manuel would be a 7-9. Not any appreciable difference in the long run.

Fletch
i would have agreed if the pats didn't just smoke the bengals.

The Pats are a completely different team when Gronkowski is on the field at 100%. You should know this.

It's just that he rarely is and I don't think that anyone expected that he would be for that game. If he's there then he and Brady click and it opens up a whole lot else. I'm sure that the atmosphere at Gillette was what it was for our Miami game too though. Let's not underrate that.

notacon

It looks a lot like the 2000 Ravens who went 5 weeks without being able to score a TD with Tony Banks leading the offense and all of a sudden looked competent on offense with Dilfer.

Not that this team's defense is that strong but even with a good D carrying you to wins, which is what people want to claim happened yesterday, you need competent QB play.

Does Kyle Orton take this team to a Superbowl, ummm no, not even close BUT he should allow for this team to play some meaningful football games in November and December. When is the last time that happened here?

I disagree.

The Detroit kicker sucked. EJ in the game, probably same result. Their kicker still would have sucked.

Fletch
10-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Maybe worse, EJ may have set them up on top of a pick-6 too. Toughest D we've played this season easily.

Buffalogic
10-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Ever hear of rust? Dude hasn't played for a year and he wins vs the best defense statistically in the NFL. He made the plays in crunch time to win the game. Just be quiet.

notacon
10-06-2014, 12:23 PM
I think we have a team built to win in December and beyond. I mean we can stop the run. We can pressure the QB. Those are pretty much the most important factors in winning in the playoffs.

:rofl: Buffalo dreamer.

We. Do. Not. Have. An. Offense.

The play calling sucks. The QB's suck. The running game is marginal, at best. The receivers hardly get open. The O-Line is inconsistent and unreliable. Our coaches are in over their heads.

notacon
10-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Ever hear of rust? Dude hasn't played for a year and he wins vs the best defense statistically in the NFL. He made the plays in crunch time to win the game. Just be quiet.

:rofl: Orton has "had rust" since he came into the league. Jesus. He sucks.

Buffalogic
10-06-2014, 12:24 PM
^Dumb comment as usual.

notacon
10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Gotta go guys. Have fun with your circle jerk and Orton as your fantasy. He sucks. EJ sucks.

This weeks game against the Pats can tell us much if the Bills look bad...which is what I suspect will happen.

Thank God we have two games left against the Jets. That means at least 5 wins this year. I expect Minnesota to win in a close game. @Miami has the chance of the Bills embarrassing themselves on national TV. We can beat Cleveland. It will be a bloodbath in Denver and against Green Bay. We can beat Oakland.

Keeps on looking like a 7-9 or, at best 8-8 season.

- - - Updated - - -

^Dumb comment as usual.

You can't handle the truth.

Fletch
10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Gotta go guys. Have fun with your circle jerk and Orton as your fantasy. He sucks. EJ sucks.

This weeks game against the Pats can tell us much if the Bills look bad...which is what I suspect will happen.

Thank God we have two games left against the Jets. That means at least 5 wins this year. I expect Minnesota to win in a close game. @Miami has the chance of the Bills embarrassing themselves on national TV. We can beat Cleveland. It will be a bloodbath in Denver and against Green Bay. We can beat Oakland.

Keeps on looking like a 7-9 or, at best 8-8 season.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't handle the truth.

Agree with your points. Orton's better than EJ by default though.

I see losses to NE twice, to GB and to Denver. I don't see us going any better than 2-1 in our two games vs. the Jets and Miami, they're divisional games and we'll lose at least one more. We'll probably beat Minnesota at home and have a good chance of beating Oakland in Oakland for the first time since '91, but I have a hunch that Cleveland beats us again and not sure about KC here at home, maybe a win there but should be a tough game.

People here overrate so many things about this team. Yesterday everyone says our D played a good game against a great offense, but with megatron and Bell out they were left with Winn at RB who's literally a nothing RB and Tate only at WR. No one else on that O has proven to be any good, so I'm not seeing the defensive effort there. Great game but let's be real, not a tough offensive opponent, again. We have played only one good offensive opponent, the Chargers, in Buffalo on an east coast road trip, I think that they played pretty well against our D considering.

I'm still thinking 6-10 or 7-9.

Meathead
10-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Actually, what I'm expecting is for Orton to play like a playoff caliber QB. If that isn't what we get then the whole premise for Marrone putting him in is in question. If he plays mediocre at best and wins us a game, loses us a game, but usually does nothing more than play mediocre and we end up at 8 and 8 what was the point?

very true. and i wouldnt at all be surprised if that happened

still, 70% and 308 yds against the leagues best defense is a pretty damn good game. claiming he sucked that game bc of something you anticipate is silly

starrymessenger
10-06-2014, 12:51 PM
:rofl: Orton has "had rust" since he came into the league. Jesus. He sucks.

You are completely off base.
Orton is not elite or franchise material to be sure. If he were a lot more athletic I think with his attitude and smarts he might have been that kind of guy. But those guys are rare and are rarer still if you are the Bills and don't know how to evaluate QBs.
But I think he may just prove that he is legit as a starting calibre NFL QB, once he gets his legs under him, and that would put us light years ahead of where we were a week or so ago.

A good QB is hard to find too, but I think we may have one in Orton.

Buffalogic
10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
You can't handle notacon's dumb opinion.
That's more like it. You saying which games we will win/lose isn't fact. Just the ramblings of a halfwit.

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 01:04 PM
I disagree. Orton is marginally better. His first half was awful. He got lucky in the second.
EJ 22 of 44 for 225 yards vs texans
Orton 30 of 43 for 308 yards vs, the no.1 D in his first game.

EJ could have easily won this game too. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves....

you're fooling yourself.

If EJ could have won this game easily then why did he crap his pants vs. the texans .

FACT
Texans D ranked 26th
Lions no. 1

mainly because of EJ hatred.
I was one of those who wanted to draft EJ. Check it out.

I think they both suck. Manuel gave us the chance of an upside.
Manuel hasn't thrown for 300 yet.
Bridgewater threw for 300+ in his first game.

Not much of an upside.

Orton does not. He is what he is, a back up caliber QB. In the long run, Orton may give us a 8-8 season where Manuel would be a 7-9. Not any appreciable difference in the long run.

I'm not talking about long run. We're talking about yesterdays game. Like I siad, even if Orton is a back up, he's better than EJ. Ej should learn from the sidelines.

Buffalogic
10-06-2014, 01:10 PM
^bang.

You are dismissed notacon.

Cleve
10-06-2014, 03:06 PM
EJ could have easily won this game too. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves....

EJ could have easily won a game against one of the best defensive lines in the NFL? Are you for real?

I've seen the same basic statement too many times in this forum over the past decade. One could substitute "Losman", "Edwards", "Fitzpatrick", ad nauseum for "EJ" in the above sentence, and it reads the same as what we've seen here so many, many times before. Jeez!!!! :lolabove:

Skooby
10-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Anyone who's crazy enough to think EJ wouldn't of folded like a tent yesterday belongs in a padded room / wearing a tight white jacket facing backwards.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:15 PM
bump

Novacane
11-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Orton doesn't suck. He's not the long term answer though.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2014, 03:19 PM
bump

Yes, let's bump this thread. The thread that was proven wrong when Orton had the game winning drive against the number 1 defense in the NFL at the time. Good job, bud.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Orton doesn't suck. He's not the long term answer though.

exactly what ive been saying. but im taking it to a different level a 10 year vet on 4th team we know the ceiling. he played **** vs the jets too did everything in his power to keep that game close

EJ was has been is(will be for sure crap) i have no clue . I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTMENT when we drafted him

i just know this watching orton manage game then with 4 chances be as effective as i would be at qb is pointless,

and it cracks me up that insufferable know it alls dont think playing EJ is the same **** different pile.