PDA

View Full Version : Anybody that wants to get rid of Russ and 2xDoug...

YardRat
10-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Crawl back into your hater holes, or move along.

This team has talent, and depth...That's on the front office.
This teams goes out and gets players...that starts at the top, and has been a quality of the franchise since Brandon was given the keys to the kingdom.
This team has heart and attitude...That's on the coaching staff, and the above-mentioned players.

It's been a long run of incompetence in the FO and on the sidelines, but things may have finally taken a turn for the better, and this crew deserves the credit.

Typ0
10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. This is a talented team with heart. If Pegula comes in and Fires anyone he's making a big mistake...just keep Brandon out of the football stuff.

trapezeus
10-05-2014, 03:31 PM
brandon is still a huge issue. whaley still had to see a retiree come back and do the thing his reach for EJ couldn't do. and while watkins played well, the question is always on "was he worth that much".

also, let's not forget a kicker missed 3 FG in a dome. hackett was openly mocked by barber by saying, "these run plays just don't work".

i'm excited they won. i'm excited they are in the lead on the East and that they have a chance to shake a huge monkey off their back. but the bills are not set up to be a legit playoff team. they are in a dog fight to just get in and that's the ceiling for them. we all know this. and with no real qb for next year, those three guys didn't do us any favors to keep building.

Downinfloflo
10-05-2014, 03:32 PM

This teams goes out and gets players...that starts at the top, and has been a quality of the franchise since Brandon was given the keys to the kingdom.
This team has heart and attitude...That's on the coaching staff, and the above-mentioned players.

It's been a long run of incompetence in the FO and on the sidelines, but things may have finally taken a turn for the better, and this crew deserves the credit.

Oh.......Shut up!!

And get those ***** out your damn mouth.

Mace
10-05-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm a Brandon and Dougs disliker.

Brandon, if limited to business side, and marketing, I have no problem with. The Dougs are the end of the season away from being out of hot water with me though.

OpIv37
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Russ is trash and absolutely needs to go.

I'm lukewarm on Whaley and I think the jury is still out. I wouldn't fire him yet.

JohnnyGold
10-05-2014, 03:40 PM
brandon is still a huge issue. whaley still had to see a retiree come back and do the thing his reach for EJ couldn't do. and while watkins played well, the question is always on "was he worth that much".

also, let's not forget a kicker missed 3 FG in a dome. hackett was openly mocked by barber by saying, "these run plays just don't work".

i'm excited they won. i'm excited they are in the lead on the East and that they have a chance to shake a huge monkey off their back. but the bills are not set up to be a legit playoff team. they are in a dog fight to just get in and that's the ceiling for them. we all know this. and with no real qb for next year, those three guys didn't do us any favors to keep building.

*go on the road and beat the number 1 defense in the league*

*be "not set up to be legit playoff team"*

great post bro.

black N yellow
10-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Russ is still a douche who should be selling merchandise in the Bills store only.

Mace
10-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Russ is trash and absolutely needs to go.

I'm lukewarm on Whaley and I think the jury is still out. I wouldn't fire him yet.

In a better mood now finally.

trapezeus
10-05-2014, 03:48 PM
*go on the road and beat the number 1 defense in the league*

*be "not set up to be legit playoff team"*

great post bro.

With a Practice squad RB and without their main WR. great way to think it through.

it was a fun win, but this wasn't a "everything is better from here on out".

frankly, i think whaley is the worst affected by the qb switch. he's the one that was on the record saying it was good to get WR for EJ. and it took them too long to get a back up. what about next year? or should we just be excited because we won today?

YardRat
10-05-2014, 03:53 PM
If 'trash' and 'a douche' = depth (Charles, Brown, etc), filling holes (Spikes, Graham, etc), drafting talent (Watkins, Woods, Henderson etc), out bidding other teams for players (Orton), having a dominant defense and clutch kicker and being 3-2 right now, I'll take it.

This roster believes in themselves, and they can back it up.

Do they have holes still? Absolutely. Can they use upgrades? Yes. Are they perfect? Hell, no...but this is a team that competes, and is damn fun to watch.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Brandon sucks. Whaley and Schwartz are keepers.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

ICRockets
10-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Why does nobody give Whaley the credit he deserves for Kiko Alonso?

OpIv37
10-05-2014, 04:40 PM
If 'trash' and 'a douche' = depth (Charles, Brown, etc), filling holes (Spikes, Graham, etc), drafting talent (Watkins, Woods, Henderson etc), out bidding other teams for players (Orton), having a dominant defense and clutch kicker and being 3-2 right now, I'll take it.

This roster believes in themselves, and they can back it up.

Do they have holes still? Absolutely. Can they use upgrades? Yes. Are they perfect? Hell, no...but this is a team that competes, and is damn fun to watch.

Two things:

First, you could have said the same thing when Fitz had the team 5-2. We are 1 game above .500 in a 5 game sample size. That's way too small to be jumping to any conclusions about success.

Second, if Brandon is responsible, explain 2006-2013. If anything, this bolsters the argument for keeping Whaley because Brandon has consistently sucked until Whaley became GM.

Owen DeBoard
10-05-2014, 04:46 PM
With a Practice squad RB and without their main WR. great way to think it through.

it was a fun win, but this wasn't a "everything is better from here on out".

frankly, i think whaley is the worst affected by the qb switch. he's the one that was on the record saying it was good to get WR for EJ. and it took them too long to get a back up. what about next year? or should we just be excited because we won today?
Just like Kyle Williams said this team would pack it in in the past but this is the second win that not only did the Bills beat their opponent but beat the officials too. You want to make excuses for the other team then lets make some for the bills. They had key injuries on the D also no Kyle or Nigel.

Night Train
10-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Brandon will stick on the adm. side with Pegula. He knows how to navigate the meetings and he markets the team well.

Whaley will go as far as Marrone carries him.

I LIKE Marrone and this coaching staff.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Two things:

First, you could have said the same thing when Fitz had the team 5-2. We are 1 game above .500 in a 5 game sample size. That's way too small to be jumping to any conclusions about success.

Second, if Brandon is responsible, explain 2006-2013. If anything, this bolsters the argument for keeping Whaley because Brandon has consistently sucked until Whaley became GM.

Three things-

First, I never made a statement about success, the closest I came to that was 'may have turned a corner'. My comments were mostly about the talent, depth and attitude of the team. Learn to read.

Second, this front office and coaching staff was basically built after Brandon was given full control. What happened anytime prior is meaningless. These are his guys, and his team. Try to change the facts all you want to fit your agenda, but the truth sucks for you.

Third, STFU and go troll a Raven's message board, your schtick is stale.

OpIv37
10-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Three things-

First, I never made a statement about success, the closest I came to that was 'may have turned a corner'. My comments were mostly about the talent, depth and attitude of the team. Learn to read.

Second, this front office and coaching staff was basically built after Brandon was given full control. What happened anytime prior is meaningless. These are his guys, and his team. Try to change the facts all you want to fit your agenda, but the truth sucks for you.

Third, STFU and go troll a Raven's message board, your schtick is stale.

My schtick is stale? We are 3-2. We still have no QB. The team has sucked for 15 years and counting. This isn't about me or some presumed "schtick." It's about the lack of performance of this team, for which Russ has a lot of blood on his hands.

Crisis
10-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I like Marrone, I just wish he didn't have his little buddy Hackett in way over his head as an NFL OC.

justasportsfan
10-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Until we make playoffs there is nothing to give Russ credit for personnel wise just like its ignorant to blame him for Maybin ,Dockery, Fitz, etc.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 04:55 PM
My schtick is stale? We are 3-2. We still have no QB. The team has sucked for 15 years and counting. This isn't about me or some presumed "schtick." It's about the lack of performance of this team, for which Russ has a lot of blood on his hands.

http://www.geeksandcleats.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/crying-baby-geeksandcleats.jpg

ServoBillieves
10-05-2014, 04:55 PM
We all agree Brandon doesn't belong in the decision making aspect of the game, keep him in marketing.

I like Marrone as a coach. I like how Whaley has built this team so far minus the Mammoth in the room (EJ), and I like Schwartz coming in for Pettine...

Hackett needs to go, and EJ may come back to bite Whaley.

But as of right now? The Bills are 3-2 (should be 4-1) and look pretty good. I'll take it!

Mr. Cynical
10-05-2014, 06:13 PM
They have a long way to go to redeem themselves for the epic f*** up at qb. That was just completely incompetent to stand behind lewis and tuel after having them all last year, and then throwing a hail Mary with Palmer a week before the season. And then finally getting Orton a week later. Major f*** ups, no question about it.

But, I do agree about the depth of the team being sound. So, does that offset the epic qb disaster? Not quite, but if they make the playoffs they might survive. If not, pegula is gonna set the c4.

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I really tire of hearing the Whaley hate. He's the best GM we have had since the powerhouse 90's teams and it is not close. Glad to see others giving him credit.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 06:21 PM
They have a long way to go to redeem themselves for the epic f*** up at qb. That was just completely incompetent to stand behind lewis and tuel after having them all last year, and then throwing a hail Mary with Palmer a week before the season. And then finally getting Orton a week later. Major f*** ups, no question about it.

But, I do agree about the depth of the team being sound. So, does that offset the epic qb disaster? Not quite, but if they make the playoffs they might survive. If not, pegula is gonna set the c4.

Orton wasn't available until mid-July. Nobody knows if they tried prior to late August to sign him or not. Nobody knows if they eventually had to make it worth his while to come out of 'retirement'. There wasn't anybody better out there. After the cluster-**** of Tuel's and Lewis' preseason, they ponied up and paid the man to come here. Some around here whine about 'show me the baby'...well, the pregnancy is moot when the baby is in the house.

That's a positive...not a negative.

swiper
10-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Still want Brandon out.

Whaley hasn't been around long enough for me to form a decision for myself. But I am not really a fan so far. The Manuel selection was a desperate whiff. But that is more on Nix's failure to do anything in previous years. So IDK. I understand he (Whaley) felt like he had to do something.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Still want Brandon out.

Regardless of anybody's individual opinion on how good (or bad) of a job he is doing, I still maintain one of the most interesting aspects of the ownership changeover will be what role and responsibilities Russ is offered (because, don't kid yourself, he will be given the opportunity to stay) and whether he chooses to to stick around or not. Barring a complete meltdown, the choice is going to be Brandon's.

Gilly
10-05-2014, 06:29 PM
In the first quarter , we had third and long from our own 2 after spiller's whiff...
Orton grabbed 2 guys looked them in the face and told them calm the freak down and make the next play. The camera caught it all. We got 5 , punted, and got ball back after a Det 3 and out..
It is that type of leadership on offense we have been lacking..
If Orton doesn't get hurt we are a legit playoff team with our defense.
Orton plus a run game will be very interesting to see. Nobody will run against that Det defensive line. Suh is a beast. Like Bruce Smith in his prime..

Fletch
10-05-2014, 08:38 PM

This week's teeter-totter statement.

I can't wait for what awaits us next week.

Some of you guys are worse than women going through menopause.

OpIv37
10-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Until we make playoffs there is nothing to give Russ credit for personnel wise just like its ignorant to blame him for Maybin ,Dockery, Fitz, etc.

Maybin and Dockery, OK, but I have a hard time believing that Fitz contract got through without his authorization. It's just too much money.

BertSquirtgum
10-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Hackett is pure garbage. Wish they would have hired Norv Turner.

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Orton wasn't available until mid-July. Nobody knows if they tried prior to late August to sign him or not. Nobody knows if they eventually had to make it worth his while to come out of 'retirement'. There wasn't anybody better out there. After the cluster-**** of Tuel's and Lewis' preseason, they ponied up and paid the man to come here. Some around here whine about 'show me the baby'...well, the pregnancy is moot when the baby is in the house.

That's a positive...not a negative.

Thing is, they shouldn't have even gone into the preseason with Lewis and Tool, since it wasn't like they were new to them. Spin it any way you want, they f***ed up with the QB situation in an epic way. Jury is still out on EJ, but if he proves a bust, then it really doesn't get much worse with respect to the QBs. Orton may save the day (gonna have to wait at least more a few more games before we can all anoint him JC), but in the end as I said, IMHO they are all gonna get the boot if they don't make the playoffs, and the way they handled the QB situation is going to be the big black mark.

YardRat
10-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Thing is, they shouldn't have even gone into the preseason with Lewis and Tool, since it wasn't like they were new to them. Spin it any way you want, they f***ed up with the QB situation in an epic way. Jury is still out on EJ, but if he proves a bust, then it really doesn't get much worse with respect to the QBs. Orton may save the day (gonna have to wait at least more a few more games before we can all anoint him JC), but in the end as I said, IMHO they are all gonna get the boot if they don't make the playoffs, and the way they handled the QB situation is going to be the big black mark.

Another thing is, there was nobody out there in FA to pursue until a month before the season, unless you wanted Vick, and there was nobody in the draft to grab unless they used another first rounder (glad they didn't) or snagged one in the third or fourth (wish they did, but none of that group was going to be any better than Manuel or Orton right now and most ended up on practice squads).

What would you suggest they had done differently, and what real affect do you think that would have on the QB situation?

BillsOverDolphins
10-06-2014, 04:27 AM
You are an unrepentant OBD toadie...they only ****ed up the most important position in all of professional sports. Other than that, it's a beaut

YardRat
10-06-2014, 04:40 AM
You are an unrepentant OBD toadie...they only ****ed up the most important position in all of professional sports. Other than that, it's a beaut

Feel free to answer the question...Who would you have them pick up in free agency or the draft this year that would make any difference?

I'm willing to concur that if Manuel doesn't pan out and they don't make the playoffs with Orton they ****ed up at QB, but who that was available out there would produce better results?

swiper
10-06-2014, 04:50 AM
What would you suggest they had done differently, and what real affect do you think that would have on the QB situation?

Given the current situation, getting Orton was the best move they could have made. But to answer the question properly you have to dip back into the Buddy Nix years. Where he put all his money in Fitzpatrick and refused to draft Cousins, Foles or Russell Wilson with the 3rd pick in the 2012 draft.

TJ Graham, now a Jet (his third team this season), stat line yesterday: 0 targets, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TDs.

YardRat
10-06-2014, 04:56 AM
Given the current situation, getting Orton was the best move they could have made. But to answer the question properly you have to dip back into the Buddy Nix years. Where he put all his money in Fitzpatrick and refused to draft Cousins, Foles or Russell Wilson with the 3rd pick in the 2012 draft.

TJ Graham, now a Jet (his third team this season), stat line yesterday: 0 targets, 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TDs.

The question doesn't involve any FO make-up other than this current one. Those other guys are already gone. Unless, of course, you think hanging Nix, Brandon as GM and Levy's failures to land a QB fairly reflect on Whaley, Marrone, and Brandon as top dog.

BillsOverDolphins
10-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Feel free to answer the question...Who would you have them pick up in free agency or the draft this year that would make any difference?

I'm willing to concur that if Manuel doesn't pan out and they don't make the playoffs with Orton they ****ed up at QB, but who that was available out there would produce better results?

Oh man you're a peach:rofl:

You are not understanding the situation. They ****ed up WHEN THEY DRAFTED HIM. You want us to join you on our knees and take two scoops of seed from Doug and Russ for completely bungling the QB position--to the point where Marrone made them grab an emergency QB a week prior to the season. So I'll answer your question with another: Knowing how mechanically unsound (and frankly, how stupid) EJ is, was it wise to double-down on him to the point where they were scrambling for the likes of Jordan Palmer right before the season?

Meathead
10-06-2014, 06:33 AM
the average person is a chronic whiner. the average person is also a massive projectionist, taking all their frustration out on a target they pick and then unloading all the hatred they can on them

one area the bills deserve criticism for is the handling of the qb situation

- why in the world did you NOT have a qb coach way before ej walked into the facility for the first time?
- why did you not let fitz compete for the starting job?
- when you went out and got kolb and he got injured, why didnt you get another vet?
- why did it take you until the end of preseason to figure out tuel and lewis werent going to work out?
- why did it take until fifteen seconds before opening kickoff for you to finally correct several of those mistakes and get a guy like orton when a nice handful of other veterans were available?

but this hatred of whaley and especially brandon is so predictably transparent. the last guy a new owner would want to fire is brandon. he has somehow kept the stadium mostly full during a decade plus of futility. he posponed/ended the toronto deal when it became apparent that it wasnt in the bills best interest even tho he could have forced them to continue. and whaley has indeed built this team up pretty quick since he took over. hes gonna be judged heavily on what happens over the next couple seasons, especially the watkins gamble, but you cant deny he has strengthened the team considerably in a short time

if the bills collapse over the remainder of the season those guys jobs might be in jeopardy. otherwise, an owner would be foolish to let them go without giving them a chance to finish the job at least a couple more seasons. so most likely they are going to stay on here for a while. deal wid it

Historian
10-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Brandon will stick on the adm. side with Pegula. He knows how to navigate the meetings and he markets the team well.

Whaley will go as far as Marrone carries him.

I LIKE Marrone and this coaching staff.

I like the staff too. They were only blown out of two games last year, Pitt and TB, the rest they played their hearts out.

That's why I bought seasons this year.

Brandon is another story. Classic Peter principle. (Analytics, lol)

Let him go back to baseball.

Night Train
10-06-2014, 07:00 AM
I like the staff too. They were only blown out of two games last year, Pitt and TB, the rest they played their hearts out.

That's why I bought seasons this year.

Brandon is another story. Classic Peter principle. (Analytics, lol)

Let him go back to baseball.

I like Marrone.

Schwartz comes in as DC and so far we're 5th in points allowed, 5th in Rushing D (when we completely sucked last year) and 1st in sacks. (Only Pettine knows how to rush the passer).

Marrone looked like he filtered the play calls from the booth (Hackett) yesterday and seemd to be letting Orton call what he wanted. I see that getting better.

I completely understand the Whaley questioning (Draft) but the Vets signed the last couple of years have made a huge impact. Marrone should have more say on Draft weekend.

Cleaning house would piss me off.

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 07:24 AM
i think marrone is pretty good. he's actually fighting a bunch of battles at the same time.

but whaley missed on his qb, he missed on getting a back up, he's been on the team forever and has to be part of the way this team was rebuilt. he was part of the reason we stayed with fitz.

and brandon should not get credit for getting out of toronto. he went in. watched it be horrible for 5 years and renewed the lease. what world gives him credit for getting out when he went in twice?

brandon isn't a marketing genius. we are football fanatics. you don't go to the game because of anything brandon has done. this is his own ego selling that story. he's presided as CEO over gailey and marrone. and where marrone has told them that the strength and conditioning is not good enough and that the qb position isn't good enough, they fought it with their way of doing business. which is keep costs low and hope that you can get into the playoffs.

they are abusing the goodwill of bills fans. there is nothing brandon has done that can't be replicated. and even if it can't, what is it going to be? worse than missing the playoffs 14 years in a row?