PDA

View Full Version : lets give jim schwartz his credit

djjimkelly
10-05-2014, 04:22 PM
yes they won 17-14

but his unit allowed only 7 points while terrorizing stafford his former qb i think he understood staffords shortcomings and called a hell of a game

6 sacks 1 interception 2 forced fumbles

great game coach

Luisito23
10-05-2014, 04:24 PM
And no points allowed in the 2nd. half.

Dr. Who
10-05-2014, 04:25 PM
yes they won 17-14

but his unit allowed only 7 points while terrorizing stafford his former qb i think he understood staffords shortcomings and called a hell of a game

6 sacks 1 interception 2 forced fumbles

great game coach

And carried off the field by his players. Doesn't get much better than that.

The Jokeman
10-05-2014, 04:27 PM
And carried off the field by his players. Doesn't get much better than that.

Indeed I think that was great.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 04:30 PM
He certainly has The Chain Gang believing in themselves, and each other, top to bottom. It was a great game by the defense, couldn't really expect much more.

Mace
10-05-2014, 04:35 PM
I can and will, but honestly too, he should know Stafford inside and out and this should have been his savvy game, which it was.

It still worries me his D looks rigid, blitzes seldom and plays DB's too far off the line for the current rules where it basically means they can't touch the receivers any, but I'm willing to bend on the opinion over the long haul.

Night Train
10-05-2014, 04:37 PM
He's 10 times better than Pettine. It's not even a discussion.

DetDannyWilliams
10-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Pegula has to do something with this guy, lock him up with a long term contract, We can't let him leave like Pettine and with Raiders looking for a head coach this off-season the Raiders might just might take him from the Bills. The Bills can refuse any team to talk to him right?

Crisis
10-05-2014, 04:47 PM
I think it'd take at least 2 years of Schwartz coaching an elite defense for another HC gig. Let's not forget the mess he had with Detroit. But then again, I thought the same with Pettine so who knows.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Pegula has to do something with this guy, lock him up with a long term contract, We can't let him leave like Pettine and with Raiders looking for a head coach this off-season the Raiders might just might take him from the Bills. The Bills can refuse any team to talk to him right?

It used be the team couldn't refuse if the title being offered was a promotion, and think it's still that way but not positive.

swiper
10-05-2014, 05:28 PM
He's 10 times better than Pettine. It's not even a discussion.

I remember so many people here hating this signing and being so, so remorseful over Pettine leaving. Not Night Train, but others. Remember all those threads?

Fixxxer
10-05-2014, 05:37 PM

OpIv37
10-05-2014, 05:38 PM
I was worried about him taking over and the players having to learn their 3rd system in 3 years. So far, though, it hasn't been a problem. The D has been racking up stats and has played well enough to win every game.

Jry44
10-05-2014, 05:49 PM
I can and will, but honestly too, he should know Stafford inside and out and this should have been his savvy game, which it was.

It still worries me his D looks rigid, blitzes seldom and plays DB's too far off the line for the current rules where it basically means they can't touch the receivers any, but I'm willing to bend on the opinion over the long haul.

Rigid? If anything this defense is much more rounded this season than it was last season.

We're still near the top of the league in sacks while rushing only 4 most of the time, and at the very top of the league against the run, and are near the top of the league in total defense. Sure there are places where you can nit pick to where you could be better, but you can do that with every single team in the league. overall, I'm very happy with the defense, as they are most of the reason for the team winning the 3 games that we have!

Meathead
10-05-2014, 06:12 PM
we all thought pettines defense was good but he couldnt find a way to stop both the run and the pass

this defense, otoh, is not only stopping both the run and the pass, its also doing it with a bunch of key starters out (alonzo, white williams, and bradham)

SOOOO glad marrone recovered so well and got schwartz in here

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UHw6KXbvazs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mace
10-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Rigid? If anything this defense is much more rounded this season than it was last season.

We're still near the top of the league in sacks while rushing only 4 most of the time, and at the very top of the league against the run, and are near the top of the league in total defense. Sure there are places where you can nit pick to where you could be better, but you can do that with every single team in the league. overall, I'm very happy with the defense, as they are most of the reason for the team winning the 3 games that we have!

Well rounded is different from rigid.

They don't blitz, stunt, vary coverages much, press at the line when that's the only chance to slow receivers at modern rules, adapt or change much.

Yes, rigid.

Meathead
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM
http://giant.gfycat.com/OffbeatMeatyAdder.gif

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 08:19 PM
^ awesome.

Cleve
10-05-2014, 09:19 PM
The Defense has kept every game - even the two they lost - in reach. Defense can't help Manuel pass.

What's the average points per game the Bills defense has allowed? it's got to be pretty low - the defense is very stingy and can get the stop at big times. Last week, 7 of the Texan's 23 points were from the Watts/Manuel pick six.

Fixxxer
10-05-2014, 09:38 PM
The Defense has kept every game - even the two they lost - in reach. Defense can't help Manuel pass.

What's the average points per game the Bills defense has allowed? it's got to be pretty low - the defense is very stingy and can get the stop at big times. Last week, 7 of the Texan's 23 points were from the Watts/Manuel pick six.

"Allowed 75 points (18.8/g), 7th."
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm

Fixxxer
10-05-2014, 09:43 PM
"Allowed 75 points (18.8/g), 7th."
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm

After the Lions game, it should read 16.4 per game.