• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

OpIv37's postgame comments

There was something really interesting about this game.

Detroit lost this game in the same manner that the Bills have lost so many games over the years. The D holds their own for 3+ quarters, then finally cracks in the 4th after being on the field too long (to a backup QB, no less). Then, they end up losing on the most improbable of plays (a 58 yard FG), and someone formerly affiliated with the team was instrumental in the victory (Schwartz). While it was an ugly game, it was nice to be on the positive end of that situation for once.

-Orton's pick 6 was very EJ-like and disappointing, but he got better as the game went on. I'm not convinced yet but I do think he can be decent enough to win. The throw to Goodwin was amazing.
    -I know Detroit has a good D overall and a very strong DL, but the OL was not up to the challenge. If they don't improve, the QB isn't going to matter.
    -I love the way FJax finishes every single run. He's a big reason why we won today.
    -Gragg needs more snaps. Lee Smith needs fewer.
    -Watkins didn't have a great game but the plays he made were huge. And every game, there are at least a few plays where he is so open that it makes my jaw drop (even if the QB can't always get him the ball)
    -Props to the coaches for not abandoning the run and keeping the D honest.
    -We got under 2:00 with a full compliment of timeouts in both halves. Can't remember the last time that happened.
    -Robert Woods was so irrelevant that I almost forgot he was on the team.
    -I'm very tired of veteran stars like Gilmore and Spiller not coming through. Spiller's utter lack of development is very disappointing.
    -Charles and the other backup DT's filled in for K Williams nicely.
    -Dareus had a huge game.
    -Preston Brown was solid aside from the dumb penalty on the QB slide.
    -Schwartz called a great game against his old team.
    -Speaking of penalties, still far too many. Everyone has to improve in that regard.
    -Props to Carpenter for making that kick.
    -Some people will say that we beat Detroit with Calvin Johnson playing hurt and out for most of the game, and they also had to use their 3rd string RB. True, but Kyle Williams was hurt and we already lost Kiko for the season, so two of our best defenders were out for the entire game.
    -Props to Golden Tate for a great game. Hate to do it, but I have to respect that kind of performance from an ND guy.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 10-05-2014, 05:16 PM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: OpIv37's postgame comments

Marcel was awesome. He's just as disruptive as Suh.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Acid douching asswipe seems right.
      Last edited by Skooby; 10-05-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I am kind of tired of the bashing on Hackett. I like the games he's calling. He seems to want to teach the team how to win consistently. People always seem to be *****ing about the conservative calls but playing smart and doing it the whole game is what's going to be able to beat good defenses.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
          I am kind of tired of the bashing on Hackett. I like the games he's calling. He seems to want to teach the team how to win consistently. People always seem to be *****ing about the conservative calls but playing smart and doing it the whole game is what's going to be able to beat good defenses.
          He'll woo me if the offense shifts course according to o-line issues, Orton and not stupid playcalls.

I don't like the games he's calling. They are scattershot and iffy. Last week, in a close game, he chose to pass more than run against a poor rushing D. This week, he called runs near their own goal, and a pass on 3rd and 3 near theirs, they do not have reliable short yardage offense or any functional game plan pattern every game, to attack weaknesses methodically.

At best, he gives you a "gee whiz" drive by drive game, and at worst seems totally lost and defaults to "umm, I dunno, run Spiller up the middle, I'm out of mic time !"
          Last edited by Mace; 10-05-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• fortunesmith
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            -Robert Woods was so irrelevant that I almost forgot he was on the team.
            Woods made several outstanding blocks, including one that sprung Freddy for a big gain in the 3rd. He is far from irrelevant.

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

There was something really interesting about this game.

Detroit lost this game in the same manner that the Bills have lost so many games over the years. The D holds their own for 3+ quarters, then finally cracks in the 4th after being on the field too long (to a backup QB, no less). Then, they end up losing on the most improbable of plays (a 58 yard FG), and someone formerly affiliated with the team was instrumental in the victory (Schwartz). While it was an ugly game, it was nice to be on the positive end of that situation for once.
              This.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                Typ0 the way he manages the running game is amateurish at best.

Running game should be carrying the team, but in this game it basically just took downs away from us. We need to be a lot more creative on the ground.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Nobody cares what you think.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr View Post
                    well nobody made you open and read the thread. If you don't care what I think, put me on ignore or just don't click on the thread. It makes no difference to me.

And the thread got responses, so clearly some people care.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

well nobody made you open and read the thread. If you don't care what I think, put me on ignore or just don't click on the thread. It makes no difference to me.

And the thread got responses, so clearly some people care.

Just like Ralph Wilson didn't make you watch his team all those years.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        Just like Ralph Wilson didn't make you watch his team all those years.
                        Again, it's not about me.

If you're going to field a football team, the goal is to win. In that regard, Ralph failed. Don't forget it.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• malvado78
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr View Post
                          I care. Thanks for the review OP. it wasnt on here but if it was I'd prolly would have turned it off at the half.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Again, it's not about me.

If you're going to field a football team, the goal is to win. In that regard, Ralph failed. Don't forget it.

It is about you. You make it about you. Be pissed at yourself not Ralph. You are the sucker that kept shelling out money to a man you couldn't stand.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Gilmore played we the TD was not his fault he had deep third and it was zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X