PDA

View Full Version : RBs

swiper
10-05-2014, 06:15 PM
FJAx: 10 carries for 49 yards.

Spiller: 10 carries for 8 yards.

Can we just give the ball to Fred 20 times next game please?

Not only does he run harder and smarter, he also knows how to block.

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 06:20 PM
That not the answer. Of course Fred outdoes CJ in the up the gut runs. Our OC needs to play to Spiller's strengths and running him straight up Wood's ass every time his number is called is not the way to do it. I was encouraged to see them start throwing some screens to Spiller late in the game. We need to do that much more.

YardRat
10-05-2014, 06:22 PM
I thought Spiller was finally starting to get the hang of hitting the hole, but it wasn't evident that much today.

How is Freddie's leg?

Beebe
10-05-2014, 06:23 PM
C.J. almost got Orton killed with his no effort block.

BuffaloRedleg
10-05-2014, 06:25 PM
CJ is only useful if you can get him the ball in space through slants/screens or you can make big holes for him. This O-Line is not good enough to impose its will on teams and create holes, so most games that is off the table.

Fred is obviously not the home run hitter that CJ is, but is a far more complete back with much better vision and blocking ability.

I don't see how we keep CJ unless he takes a major pay cut. Nobody seems to be able to figure out how to use him. It's not that he isn't talented, he just isn't strong enough or smart enough to make something out of nothing. You have to clear the way for him.

swiper
10-05-2014, 06:27 PM
CJ is only useful if you can get him the ball in space through slants/screens or you can make big holes for him. This O-Line is not good enough to impose its will on teams and create holes, so most games that is off the table.

Fred is obviously not the home run hitter that CJ is, but is a far more complete back with much better vision and blocking ability.

I don't see how we keep CJ unless he takes a major pay cut. Hackett can't figure out how to use him. It's not that he isn't talented, he just isn't strong enough or smart enough to make something out of nothing. You have to clear the way for him.

Fixed.

Typ0
10-05-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't get the Spiller hate. He was a questionable pick in the draft I do get that...and Jackson is an amazing monster I get that too. But get off Spiller the guy is talented and a positive dimension to this team.

swiper
10-05-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't get the Spiller hate. He was a questionable pick in the draft I do get that...and Jackson is an amazing monster I get that too. But get off Spiller the guy is talented and a positive dimension to this team.

10 carries. 8 yards.

Novacane
10-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Fixed.

Exactly! Gailey knew how to use him. It's Hacketts problem

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 06:47 PM
It's shocking how they keep trying to shove the veritable square peg in the round hole. Give him some space. Sweeps, tosses, screens. He gets none of that. It's ****ing bizarre.

TacklingDummy
10-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Spiller is just another in the long line of Bills first round busts.

ServoBillieves
10-05-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm sick of them trying to do the bullet out of the gun thing, where he's just miraculously going to pass the LOS and burst for 20+ yards. He's not that type of back. Give him 1 or 2 people to beat. An outside handoff, a sweep, for gods sake PULL A GUARD. Utilize CJ, let Fred keep being a beast, and Orton continues to be competent and... well sky's the limit.

Crisis
10-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Spiller went from leading the league in YPC and looking great as a feature back to a shell of that, only change is Hackett's system. He simply does not know how to utilize a talent like CJ correctly. He'll explode on the right offense next year.

Buffalogic
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Spiller really excels out of the I. Gailey understood that. He gets bogged down at the line and doesn't get to top speed. He needs a fullback and some misdirection. He needs screens. It's painful to watch Hackett squander his talent. Stop running the same plays for both backs. Freddy had big plays in the passing game too, why they aren't running those for Spiller is just weird.

BOBM253
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Spiller went from leading the league in YPC and looking great as a feature back to a shell of that, only change is Hackett's system. He simply does not know how to utilize a talent like CJ correctly. He'll explode on the right offense next year.
Agree. Chan knew how to use him, Hackett not so much.

JoeMama
10-05-2014, 07:46 PM
It's a pity we don't have Chan as our OC.

He knew how to squeeze the most production possible from Ryan Fitzpatrick/CJ Spiller/Stevie Johnson back in the day.

No doubt he'd get even better production if he had Kyle Orton/CJ Spiller/Sammy Watkins.

Oh well, so it goes.

At least we're on the right track. 2014 feels full of opportunities again.