• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Orton In 4th Quarter - 12 of 15 for 141 yards 1 TD

I think Marrone made the right call.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • jlgarsh
    • Jan 2010

Re: Orton In 4th Quarter - 12 of 15 for 141 yards 1 TD

Amen! I'm having trouble sleeping, because the game was so exciting at the end!!! It was the most surprising comeback from behind (14 points, on the road, Orton's first start for the Bills) in at least a couple years.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2003

Exactly what you'd want and expect from a cagey vet. Knocked off the rust early and got better as the game went on. He'll still throw some frustrating picks here and there, but our receivers are much more dangerous with a real QB back there. Look for the running game to improve over the next several weeks now that the hatchet wound is on the bench
      Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

AND all that after giving up a devastating pick six that im sure everybody thought would ice the game

pretty damn impressive
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Too bad the game is four quarters.

Orton sucks. As soon as other teams get film on him, he's toast. He's not capable of doing any better than .500 ball, if that.

This team, as usual, has got a huge QB problem that has been ongoing for close to 20 years. Don't fool yourself. Orton is Mr. Mediocrity.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            Too bad the game is four quarters.

Orton sucks. As soon as other teams get film on him, he's toast. He's not capable of doing any better than .500 ball, if that.

This team, as usual, has got a huge QB problem that has been ongoing for close to 20 years. Don't fool yourself. Orton is Mr. Mediocrity.
            Right now all we need is Mr. Mediocrity.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• starrymessenger
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
              Exactly what you'd want and expect from a cagey vet. Knocked off the rust early and got better as the game went on. He'll still throw some frustrating picks here and there, but our receivers are much more dangerous with a real QB back there. Look for the running game to improve over the next several weeks now that the hatchet wound is on the bench
              Every QB with any stones is going to throw the odd pick here and there but Orton is above average in terms of ball security.
              The pick six yesterday was maybe not his fault. He was throwing to a spot. Was it him or was Sammy not in the right place?

Comment

Working...
              X