PDA

View Full Version : i know complaining about refs in losses are looked as being a bad sport

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 07:28 AM
since we won, can i complain? 3 games out of 5 where penalties were actually flagged but ref conferences to decide that what they saw didn't happen?

i have not seen that before the chicago game and now it's happening regularly. and multiple times in a game.

the sammy watkins mugging, flagged thrown and then picked up? and that in the light when gilmore got called for barely touching a guy on 3rd down.

something seems very odd. makes me very nervous heading into patriot week.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2014, 07:30 AM
And Orton threw the ball into the ground 3-4 yards away from Summers. Could have and probably should have been grounding.

It's much easier to notice the calls that go against your team

That being said, the Watkins call was horrible. The only thing I can figure is that they thought he was only 4 yards downfield, not 9.

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 07:39 AM
orton was moving backwards and outside the tackle box. in the area of a receiver. the refs even pointed to summers to say "that's not a call, someone was there."

11 penalties with 9 of them in the first half, that seemed fairly annoying. when it's a run away like that, i feel like refs usually put the flag away and just call the flagrant stuff. yet, they were getting gilmore for barely touching receiver for auto first downs. and routinely the bills were busting through the line and turned sideways from the holding and it was rarely called.

some things never change.

billsburgh
10-06-2014, 08:17 AM
did anyone else notice the lions right tackle rock back just before the snap on the long Golden Tate catch and run that put them in FG position at the end of the game. no false start called

Meathead
10-06-2014, 08:23 AM
yeah i did

the only thing i can think of on the sammy mugging was that the refs decided the contact was initiated before the ball was thrown and was within five yards so it was allowed to continue once the ball was in the air. sure seemed like blatent pi or holding tho

The King
10-06-2014, 08:27 AM
The Gilmore call against Johnson was wrong too. Gilmore was holding yes, he was holding Johnsons wrist which was attached to his hand which was grabbing onto his face mask.

casdhf
10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Even Rhonde Barber said the refs blew the Watkins call. When a DB admits its holding and the refs dont ... wtf

DrGraves
10-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Hopefully between all the non-calls and the laser incident the officials will meet this week and make sure we get the benefit of any close calls next week. (but we won't because the NFL loves brady)

bf1
10-06-2014, 08:58 AM
I HATE complaining about the refs and rarely do. But the watkins non-call was such a no-brainer. The fact that the flag was thrown, but lifted was maddening.

Skooby
10-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Bills VS Refs / NE @ Buffalo.

Ref lineup:

P. O'Flaherty
S. Shannon
M. MC Shale
R. Banshee
K. Ireland (the Model's grandpa)

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 09:08 AM
if it's hochuli, i might not watch the game. he's such a spectacle. more games than not, the games hochuli refs tends to be about ed hochuli and less about the two teams playing. so i am declaring prior to even watching the bills pats, that hochuli just messes games up routinely regardless of the teams involved.

GreedoII
10-06-2014, 09:34 AM
I think the refs are so confused right now on how to call games with all the recent stupid rule changes they just don't know anymore. There was an article about them complaining to the NFL about it. It's a mess as the rest of the league is at the moment.

BuffaloRedleg
10-06-2014, 09:47 AM
The bottom line is that we shouldn't be having this conversation every week. The way referees can take over a game right now is absurd.

They need to do something about this soon, because yesterdays game was not good entertainment. 90% of the game was an enraging abortion, and the pace/unpredictable penalty calling of the game set by the officiating was a major part of that.

casdhf
10-06-2014, 10:02 AM
The first quarter took over an hour.

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 10:04 AM
and that constant penalty calling isnt' a bills game thing only. there are a couple refs that insist on everything being called and then it becomes like the NHL. they knowingly make a bad call and have to make one the other way to offset it.

and nothing worse than the ref meeting on field that takes more than 20 seconds. watching the ref huddle (bills game or any other game) drives me insane.

Meathead
10-06-2014, 10:17 AM
did anyone else notice the lions right tackle rock back just before the snap on the long Golden Tate catch and run that put them in FG position at the end of the game. no false start called

and if anybody wants to see it, its in the nfl.com highlights as plain as day

Historian
10-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Agreed.

The over-officiating is ruining the game.

Referees shouldn't even be noticed. They should function in the background.

CoolBreeze
10-06-2014, 10:36 AM
No doubt, something's not right. How that flag was picked up on the Watkins play I could never tell you. In my eyes it screams the NFL swings favor towards certain teams using the refs. All for the money they make off of bigger markets. Such a crazy idea, and it's way out here. But with the way we've been getting screwed, i think it should be at least considered.

chernobylwraiths
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
And Orton threw the ball into the ground 3-4 yards away from Summers. Could have and probably should have been grounding.

It's much easier to notice the calls that go against your team

That being said, the Watkins call was horrible. The only thing I can figure is that they thought he was only 4 yards downfield, not 9.

That is NEVER intentional grounding when a player is in the same zip code, NEVER!

And, it doesn't matter if the player is only 4 yards downfield, he had his hands on him as the ball is in the air.

Detroit got flagged a lot later in the game though, and I think they are probably pissed as well.

- - - Updated - - -

orton was moving backwards and outside the tackle box. in the area of a receiver. the refs even pointed to summers to say "that's not a call, someone was there."

11 penalties with 9 of them in the first half, that seemed fairly annoying. when it's a run away like that, i feel like refs usually put the flag away and just call the flagrant stuff. yet, they were getting gilmore for barely touching receiver for auto first downs. and routinely the bills were busting through the line and turned sideways from the holding and it was rarely called.

Didn't Ronde call out Johnson for hands in the face on that same play?

chernobylwraiths
10-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I HATE complaining about the refs and rarely do. But the watkins non-call was such a no-brainer. The fact that the flag was thrown, but lifted was maddening.

That ref looked very hesitent to drop the flag too and was probably easily talked out of it.

feldspar
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
There is no doubt that there were criminally horrific calls against the Bills that extended Lions' drives and stalled Bills' drives on third-down plays.

That certainly did happen.

I'm glad the team didn't focus on being jobbed like that as much as I did.

DraftBoy
10-06-2014, 12:42 PM

I don't think he was outside of the tackle box and you're using in the area quite graciously considering the ball bounced twice before even getting within a yard of Summers.

better days
10-06-2014, 12:43 PM
The Bills need to complain to the Head Office of the NFL about the officiating at yesterdays game.

DraftBoy
10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Also that Watkins no call was ****, but with the way they've basically criminalized trying to play DB I have far less of an issue with that flag being picked up.

bf1
10-06-2014, 12:51 PM
I DO get the douche chills when Bills fans whine about an agenda against the Bills and against small market teams. Watch other games. Officiating often is bad. No conspiracy.

DraftBoy
10-06-2014, 12:52 PM
I DO get the douche chills when Bills fans whine about an agenda against the Bills and against small market teams. Watch other games. Officiating often is bad. No conspiracy.

Officiating around the league is not good right now, its because of the new rules and focus on certain items. Just let the players play the game and call anything over the line.

bf1
10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Officiating around the league is not good right now, its because of the new rules and focus on certain items. Just let the players play the game and call anything over the line.

No doubt. The officials are asked to interpret a lot in a very fast game.

Buffalogic
10-06-2014, 01:05 PM
My biggest issue is the lack of consistency with the DB's. One play you breathe on the guy and you get flagged. The next play the receiver gets full on groped while the pass is coming to him and everyone is staring at that spot on the field and no call is made. I understand they can't see everything, but when the ball is being thrown there, the call should be made.

The all time worst thing is picking up the flag. I hate that so much.

chernobylwraiths
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM

I don't believe they are against the Bills or small market teams. I DO think they allow "better" teams to get away with more stuff though. Not that it is on purpose, but I think they get the benefit of the doubt more often than not. Like rookies don't often get calls in thier favor.

Famous Amos
10-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Officiating was bad in the Cheatriots game too, not that Im complaining but there was a lot of odd calls in that game too. Giants game as well.

This league is gonna end up turning off a lot of old, entrenched fans, and will only draw casual fans, which seems to be their desired customer base. Defense is unwatchable due to the offensive inclined pass interference calls and protective penalties in which defenders only have a small window where they can hit an opposing player. Its as if referees have a strike zone like umpires do in baseball and defenders have to interpret it and plan where to hit guys. Defense is doing too much thinking out there because they cant rely on intuition and instinct.