• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

i know complaining about refs in losses are looked as being a bad sport

since we won, can i complain? 3 games out of 5 where penalties were actually flagged but ref conferences to decide that what they saw didn't happen?

i have not seen that before the chicago game and now it's happening regularly. and multiple times in a game.

the sammy watkins mugging, flagged thrown and then picked up? and that in the light when gilmore got called for barely touching a guy on 3rd down.

something seems very odd. makes me very nervous heading into patriot week.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: i know complaining about refs in losses are looked as being a bad sport

And Orton threw the ball into the ground 3-4 yards away from Summers. Could have and probably should have been grounding.

It's much easier to notice the calls that go against your team

That being said, the Watkins call was horrible. The only thing I can figure is that they thought he was only 4 yards downfield, not 9.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

orton was moving backwards and outside the tackle box. in the area of a receiver. the refs even pointed to summers to say "that's not a call, someone was there."

11 penalties with 9 of them in the first half, that seemed fairly annoying. when it's a run away like that, i feel like refs usually put the flag away and just call the flagrant stuff. yet, they were getting gilmore for barely touching receiver for auto first downs. and routinely the bills were busting through the line and turned sideways from the holding and it was rarely called.

some things never change.

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

did anyone else notice the lions right tackle rock back just before the snap on the long Golden Tate catch and run that put them in FG position at the end of the game. no false start called

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

yeah i did

the only thing i can think of on the sammy mugging was that the refs decided the contact was initiated before the ball was thrown and was within five yards so it was allowed to continue once the ball was in the air. sure seemed like blatent pi or holding tho
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

The Gilmore call against Johnson was wrong too. Gilmore was holding yes, he was holding Johnsons wrist which was attached to his hand which was grabbing onto his face mask.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Even Rhonde Barber said the refs blew the Watkins call. When a DB admits its holding and the refs dont ... wtf
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DrGraves
                • Mar 2008

Hopefully between all the non-calls and the laser incident the officials will meet this week and make sure we get the benefit of any close calls next week. (but we won't because the NFL loves brady)

Comment

• bf1
                  • Oct 2010

I HATE complaining about the refs and rarely do. But the watkins non-call was such a no-brainer. The fact that the flag was thrown, but lifted was maddening.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Bills VS Refs / NE @ Buffalo.

Ref lineup:

P. O'Flaherty
                    S. Shannon
                    M. MC Shale
                    R. Banshee
                    K. Ireland (the Model's grandpa)
                    Last edited by Skooby; 10-06-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

if it's hochuli, i might not watch the game. he's such a spectacle. more games than not, the games hochuli refs tends to be about ed hochuli and less about the two teams playing. so i am declaring prior to even watching the bills pats, that hochuli just messes games up routinely regardless of the teams involved.

Comment

• GreedoII
                        • Aug 2007

I think the refs are so confused right now on how to call games with all the recent stupid rule changes they just don't know anymore. There was an article about them complaining to the NFL about it. It's a mess as the rest of the league is at the moment.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                          • Aug 2013

The bottom line is that we shouldn't be having this conversation every week. The way referees can take over a game right now is absurd.

They need to do something about this soon, because yesterdays game was not good entertainment. 90% of the game was an enraging abortion, and the pace/unpredictable penalty calling of the game set by the officiating was a major part of that.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

The first quarter took over an hour.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

and that constant penalty calling isnt' a bills game thing only. there are a couple refs that insist on everything being called and then it becomes like the NHL. they knowingly make a bad call and have to make one the other way to offset it.

and nothing worse than the ref meeting on field that takes more than 20 seconds. watching the ref huddle (bills game or any other game) drives me insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X