PDA

View Full Version : For those who said he was a reach in the 2nd

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Quick studies: These rookies could thrive early

The draft brings the anticipation of potential but also the reality of the developmental process in most cases. The rookies who make the quickest impact often play the most adaptable college-to-pro positions and/or land in the right team situations.

"Typically, rookies who are in highly specialized roles or those who can just react and rely on instincts from their positions find early success," says an AFC East college scout.

In addition to defensive tackles, that group includes third-down backs, receiving tight ends and outside linebackers. Some rookie sleepers from those positions:

Eddie Moore, OLB, Dolphins. He could thrive lining up with savvy playmakers Zach Thomas and Junior Seau -- if Moore can displace Morlon Greenwood on the strong side. Working next to Seau and Donnie Edwards did wonders for Chargers rookie Ben Leber last season.

There are 4 other guys mentioned from other teams:

sportingnews.com (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20030717/483398.html)

venis2k1
07-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Ben Leber had a great rookie year last year, IMO Leber is a much better player than moore(Leber has 3 inches on him, and a better 40 time, also Leber isnt coming off a naging injury ala moore) Its too early to judge, cant really tell until they hit the feild.

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Ben Leber had a great rookie year last year, IMO Leber is a much better player than moore(Leber has 3 inches on him, and a better 40 time, also Leber isnt coming off a naging injury ala moore) Its too early to judge, cant really tell until they hit the feild.

But you can never overhyped instincts, and this kid has shown great instincts in camp so far, the coaches and fans are bubbling watching him. His speed and abilities have been fantastic..We know he can hit from his days in college.. There were at least 4 other teams ready to grab him in the 2nd. After he went there was a run on LB's. From fan reports, team reports, and sport writers on site reports, he could be the real deal.

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 11:02 PM
More on him:

Some scoffed when LB Eddie Moore was drafted in the second round because there seemed to be more pressing needs than at linebacker. But Moore has a real chance to beat out Morlon Greenwood for the strongside spot. He has picked up the system quickly

lordofgun
07-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Sportsline.com is ALWAYS right! ALWAYS!

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

No, but on this one, they finally reflect what the local papers and reporters, fans, and coaches are saying..this is the closet I've seen a national media outlet match what's happening on the ground.

lordofgun
07-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Wow, Miami reporters and fans hyping a Miami player?? That's proof he's gonna be great!!!!

mikemac2001
07-17-2003, 11:29 PM
every miami player is gonna be great there all so good. i dont think miami will lose a game hey they wont even be scored on.

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Wow, Miami reporters and fans hyping a Miami player?? That's proof he's gonna be great!!!!

You're missing what I'm saying, our fans were not pleased with this pick, they were ready to blast him, our fans don't hyped any player they don't think is good. What I'm saying is this guy is winning them over with his play so far on the field, believe me, on the board I'm on, if he stunk up the place, it would be known all over the place...We'd be pissed that we wasted a pick on him, when all the fans and writers in FL wanted a WR or LT,..so believe me, he's been under more scrutiny that most players..and he's holding his own..This doesn't say he will end up starting, but he's pushing Greenwood for time, just like Todd Wade pushed Brown out of his RT position and eventually out of town..I think we will keep Greenwood if he doesn't start, afterall, Seau only have a couple of years left..

mikemac2001
07-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Guess What????

We Dont Care!!!!

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
Guess What????

We Dont Care!!!!

Yes you do, that's why you posted..besides football fans talk football, if you don't care, stay out of the conversation.:doh:

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 12:02 AM
He was a reach in the second- and in a poor overall draft to boot.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

According to who?? You say he's a reach yet you don't explain why or anything.. That's just like saying "Eddie Moore Sucks".. Oh yeah, forgot you're a Bills fan :D

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 12:22 AM
According to almost every draft site out there....it's one thing when one or two project someone to go early or late, but when it's unanimous amongst almost every draft person, it's a bit obvious.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-18-2003, 12:26 AM
You focus your attention to draft sites that mean absolute *****.. The Browns, Buccs, Jets and Steelers were looking to get Eddie Moore if he fell to them.. Thats 4 professional scouting teams thinking the same way Miami was that needed to fill a need at LB.. You tell me who is more resourceful.. The team itself or some draft site??

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
The Browns, Buccs, Jets and Steelers were looking to get Eddie Moore if he fell to them.. T

..or so they say....

....draft sites don't mean anything when it comes to player evaluation, yet Miami fan and media hype does......

:huh:

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-18-2003, 12:40 AM
You must not think much... Ever wonder why Boss Bailley fell from the 1st round to the 2nd round?? Who said Boss Bailey was ever a 1st rounder?? The draft sites.. Have you wondered why Pisa Toniosamoa (OLB from Hawaii) rose from the 4th round to the 2nd round Rams draft pick?? All these teams got players evaluated themselves with 1st hand evaluations.. You got 4 teams saying Eddie was worth a 2nd round pick yet everyone says he's a 4th-6th round pick because of draft experts.. :rofl: Who relies more on 40 times?? Draft experts or scout teams?? For all we know.. Eddie could of been ranked a 6th rounder because of his speed..

venis2k1
07-18-2003, 12:59 AM
i agree that what a draft site means almost nothing, Ryan Denny was listed as a high second rounder, the steelers REALLY wanted him, some times things dont work out, sometimes they do. cant wait to see moore hit the feild, then see henry hit moore.

SABURZFAN
07-18-2003, 04:59 AM

:lol:

SABURZFAN
07-18-2003, 05:01 AM

it was a :fab: pick.

Jan Reimers
07-18-2003, 06:57 AM
I know he'll be a better player than Dudley Moore.

clumping platelets
07-18-2003, 07:20 AM
Everyone looks good in camp :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Ingtar33, our resident NFL scout, said this about Moore-

1 (49) Eddie Moore (LB): Tennessee,
6’0 3/8”, 237lbs, 4.68 40time
Excellent special teams player, and has great instincts. He finds seems well, and fights though blockers very well. A solid defender against both the run and the pass. Very questionable toughness, as he hasn’t finished a season without missing time due to injury. Has enough skills to backup all three LB positions, but probably should add a few pounds. Could have been had much later in the draft, and is a questionable “need” pick.

Pick Grade: C-

Now I never said Moore sucks, or can't make the league- I did say he wasn't a 2nd round selection. If you wan to overpay for average talent in picks and salary- be my guest - that's Miami's prerogative.

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=4&nid=4989

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Sounds like Miami is getting ready for cap hell- getting versitile cheap players.

clumping platelets
07-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Sounds like Miami is getting ready for cap hell- getting versitile cheap players.

Just cap jail :snicker:

Stewie
07-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

No, but on this one, they finally reflect what the local papers and reporters, fans, and coaches are saying..this is the closet I've seen a national media outlet match what's happening on the ground.

Wow, you mean that local fans, media, and team officials aren't bashing their team right now with 3 weeks until preseason? :rolleyes:

Do you truly believe what coaches are saying publicly right now?

Do you think ANY coach would EVER come out and say "Yeah, well, we probably shouldn't have taken him but our scouting department screwed me so what am I going to do about it?"

Stewie
07-18-2003, 10:49 AM

According to who?? You say he's a reach yet you don't explain why or anything.. That's just like saying "Eddie Moore Sucks".. Oh yeah, forgot you're a Bills fan :D

He was a reach in the second, but that doesn't mean he's not going to be a good player...

When you draft, its based on information available at the time. Based on the info at the time, he wasn't a good choice.

That said, he may turn out allright, and may not. The fact that he's appeasing Dolphins fans is good for you. Just hope that he's not slower than whoever he's gonna replace. The way I see it, Miami already got slower at LB and at safety.

WG
07-18-2003, 10:55 AM

LMAO

Yeah, "could", "if"...

We hear all this nonsense every year, and in fact, the TD administration is better at talking such stuff than prior Bills FOs.

We won't have a clue except for very unusual and special players, usually amongst the top 20 picks in the draft.

WG
07-18-2003, 10:56 AM
If you want 2nd rounders who are gonna be good, I'll say that EJ Henderson contributes for the Vikes immediately this season.

MDFINFAN
07-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Everyone looks good in camp :rolleyes:

No they don't Clump, and you know it, that's why teams are able to cut some players even before TC starts, they know those players don't have what it takes to make it. As far as so called experts, most of them had Zach Thomas rated as just TC Foddler..3 pro bowls later, we see the value of their wisdom...If some of you would be open minded and not homers, you'd see the value of a player is not a sports writer's opinion, but the natural ability of that player to adjust to the National Footaball league and make a name for himself...I don't remember your DT Williams being heralded as a second coming of warren sapp coming out of college, but he has been steady and consistent and has made a name for himself.

MDFINFAN
07-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Ingtar33, our resident NFL scout, said this about Moore-

1 (49) Eddie Moore (LB): Tennessee,
6’0 3/8”, 237lbs, 4.68 40time
Excellent special teams player, and has great instincts. He finds seems well, and fights though blockers very well. A solid defender against both the run and the pass. Very questionable toughness, as he hasn’t finished a season without missing time due to injury. Has enough skills to backup all three LB positions, but probably should add a few pounds. Could have been had much later in the draft, and is a questionable “need” pick.

Pick Grade: C-

Now I never said Moore sucks, or can't make the league- I did say he wasn't a 2nd round selection. If you wan to overpay for average talent in picks and salary- be my guest - that's Miami's prerogative.

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=4&nid=4989

The point they make here is questionable need, we all thought we'd draft a LT, WR early on, but now that we look at it, we did need a LB, when we look back, as I said before, then we'll see if he was worth a 2nd rounder, bottom line, it's on the field that these guys prove their worth, not our pre playing days evaluation..I was just sharing that others now see him differently than when we drafted him.

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm not convinced.......He's joe average who should have been selected later, and signed cheaper, IMHO

MDFINFAN
07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm not convinced.......He's joe average who should have been selected later, and signed cheaper, IMHO

When he burst Henry's butt for a no gainer, then you'll be.:bones:

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-18-2003, 03:21 PM

Who said Eddie Moore is going to be great?? :lmao: Read the title of the topic before you post.. This thread is simply about Eddie Moore being called a REACH by draft sites that say a LB is a first rounder because he ran a 4.38 in the 40 yet he was said to be a 2nd-3rd rounder beforehand..

Wow, Miami reporters and fans hyping a Miami player??

SPORTINGNEWS.com are Miami reporters?? :confused:

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-18-2003, 03:26 PM

So you're saying Miami should of selected Eddie Moore in the 3rd round?? How many times do I have to say what I'm about to say?? 4 Teams other than Miami wanted to choose Eddie Moore in the 2nd round.. Miami had only 1 2nd round pick.. You tell me when Miami should of selected Eddie Moore.. In the 3rd round?? That's smart even though he would of been gone.. :rofl:
Dozerdog<~~ :shakeno: :cynic:

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-18-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
If you want 2nd rounders who are gonna be good, I'll say that EJ Henderson contributes for the Vikes immediately this season.

Another immediate impact would be Mike Doss in Indianapolis.. The safety... Very solid pick, should of been a first rounder..

MDFINFAN
07-18-2003, 03:40 PM

So you're saying Miami should of selected Eddie Moore in the 3rd round?? How many times do I have to say what I'm about to say?? 4 Teams other than Miami wanted to choose Eddie Moore in the 2nd round.. Miami had only 1 2nd round pick.. You tell me when Miami should of selected Eddie Moore.. In the 3rd round?? That's smart even though he would of been gone.. :rofl:
Dozerdog&lt;~~ :shakeno: :cynic:

They ignore that, just to say he's picked too soon, they don't understand we've wouldn't have gotten him after the 2nd round because he would have been gone...THAT"S TOO MUCH FOR A BILLYHOMER to understand...but when Henry gets his bell rung, then they'll know why he was picked when he was picked.

hey
07-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Buffalo fans should not be talkin about reach.Willis Mcgahee was worth a 1st rounder?

MDFINFAN
07-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by hey
Buffalo fans should not be talkin about reach.Willis Mcgahee was worth a 1st rounder?

And will be a great impact player for you this year too....:snicker2:

TigerJ
07-19-2003, 04:42 PM
As far as Eddie Moore is concerned, we shall see. It probably won't make a lot of difference to Buffalo. The first game in Miami will be early enough that he won't be a factor yet. If his season runs true to form, he'll be out for the season by the time the second game rolls around.