PDA

View Full Version : So what are everyone's record expectations now?

Fletch
10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Remaining home games:

New England
Minnesota
KC
Jets
Cleveland
Green Bay

Remaining Road Games:

Jets
Miami
Denver
Oakland
New England

We need to go 6-5 to post a winning season.

I don't see us beating New England if Gronk is healthy, Denver, or Green Bay.

KC is a better team and Cleveland and Miami are playing about as well as we are. Oakland's horrible but the game's in Oakland where we haven't won since '91. The Jets suck but Vick will probably be starting soon, will they get better as a result if he does? Minnesota's had a tough schedule.

l3ills
10-06-2014, 12:38 PM
14-2

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2014, 12:49 PM
So do you think they will win again this year?

EricStratton
10-06-2014, 01:08 PM
3-13.

I'm just riding the wave.

Historian
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
7-9, and we haven't won in Oakland since 1965.

jimmifli
10-06-2014, 01:18 PM
16-0.

RedEyE
10-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Next weeks game will set the tone for the remainder of the season. Knock off the Patriots, advance to 4-2 atop the division, and the Bills are onto something decent.

Lose at home in typical Bills fashion and nothing changes.

Dr. Lecter
10-06-2014, 01:35 PM
New England - W.

This game is huge. Massive. Gigantic. They have to win it.
Despite what the Pats did this weekend, I am not sold on them being what they were. We all know the Bengals choke when in the national spotlight - even worse than the Bills.

The pressure gets to Brady just enough and the Bills ride the energy of a fired up RWS and win.

Minnesota - W

They beat two better NFC north teams on the road. They'll win this

KC - L

I'm torn on this one. I'll go with KC just because. But maybe they can revenge for last year.

Jets - W

Vick? He looked no better than Geno. Both of their QBs are worse than EJ. The tires are coming off this team. Coaches like Ryan are great when it is going well, but their team can also crash hard.

Cleveland - W

Another close one. Homefield tips it to the Bills. But Petine scares me.

Green Bay - L

I think this might be closer than many think. Green Bay is certainly not unbeatable

Remaining Road Games:

Jets - W

Yeah. The Jets are pretty bad.

Miami - W

The last few years they have had Miami's number and Tannehill struggles agains the Bills

Denver - L

Even with this defense, playing there against Manning and co won't turn out well

Oakland - W

Yeah. Oakland is pretty bad

New England - L

Probable loss. Being the last game makes it hard to predict

So optimistic Lecter has them at 10-6. Splitting with NE and going 5-1 in the East wins the division as they win tiebreakers.

Boom!

Generalissimus Gibby
10-06-2014, 02:13 PM
New England - If we have been paying attention and the Pats' Jekyll and Hyde syndrome keeps up, this game is winnable. However, I see Hackett trying to outsmart himself yet again and not run and set up the pass using the run. So Loss

Minnesota - Win, I've had this as a win since July.

KC - Win, if our D is healthy they do not scare me.

Jets - Win, We will at least split the series

Cleveland - Win. Homefield as Mehs says is the key

Green Bay - Win, this is my upset Special

Remaining Road Games:

Jets - Loss, they have a bad history of beating us in Joisy

Miami - Loss Close grudge mass offered up by the Bishop of Miami, but we lose a close grudge match

Denver - Loss, if this was in Buffalo, it might be close. Unfortunately its in Denver

Oakland - Win, we are simply better than them

New England - Loss, Typical Pattern is close loss in the first game, blowout loss in the second and I am sticking to this model until it is happily proven wrong

9-7, but the range is the minimum acceptable win total at this juncture has to be 7 as we have Minnesota, KC, Cleveland, and the Jets on this schedule

Ed
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
I've been guessing 8-8 all year, but 9-7 definitely looks possible. I can see them taking 2 of their next 3, and then taking 3 of 4 in November. That would put them at 8 wins heading into a tough December. West coast road game or not, losing to an atrocious Raiders team is inexcusable. So I'll hold out hope for a winning record, but realistically I would probably stick with 8-8.

better days
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM

When is the last time the Bills won in Chicago or Detroit?

10-6

Generalissimus Gibby
10-06-2014, 02:18 PM
When is the last time the Bills won in Chicago or Detroit?

10-6
Had we ever won at Chicago?

YardRat
10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm still hanging around the .500 mark...gotta see Orton and this offense for more than one game, there are going to be injuries, etc.

The encouraging thing for me is, if (big if) the team can keep performing at this level or better, no games the rest of the season look unwinnable, except for Green Bay (even then, at home it isn't impossible) Denver, and the NE games (and I think we should at least split with them).

paladin warrior
10-06-2014, 02:40 PM
11-5 lose is Denver ,Green Bay . at Patriot. .Bills division is 5-1

colin
10-06-2014, 03:09 PM
11-5 lose is Denver ,Green Bay . at Patriot. .Bills division is 5-1

this is pretty much what i think it takes to win the division. SD/Denver are gonna tie up a wild card spot, Hou/Indy and Balti/Cinci will be really hard to beat out for the other wild card if we don't beat NE at home, which we also need to do to win the division. so based on all that i figure we need to win the division, which means we need to beat new england

THRILLHO
10-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm still jaded as a bills fan, so I realistically think 8-8.

justasportsfan
10-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I'll let you know after Sunday but for now I'm thinking 14-2.

TheBrownBear
10-06-2014, 03:48 PM
I'll go with 9-7, but I think 10-6 or 11-5 is still within the realm of realistic possibility. I can see them winning 6 of their next 7 if the defense keeps it up.

Skooby
10-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Ask me this last Saturday, I'd say 5-11. Today I'll say 11-5 & after this Sunday's games, I'll be back at 5-11.

trapezeus
10-06-2014, 04:36 PM
in the camp that you can't really get a feel for this team until next week's game. they beat the pats by any margin, the season is on. if they do it confidently, and orton plays well....then it's hard to deny the team has upside. if they are confident, there are only 2 games that they should lose. everything else they should win or be in it until the end.

a close loss will probably mean 7-9/6-10 season.

a blowout loss will be 4-12/5-11 season. and sadly, but perhaps mercifully a full rebuild with a proper front office.

I of course want immediate satisfaction, so i want them to win this game. if they injure brady, all the sweeter.

YardRat
10-06-2014, 05:09 PM
this is pretty much what i think it takes to win the division. SD/Denver are gonna tie up a wild card spot, Hou/Indy and Balti/Cinci will be really hard to beat out for the other wild card if we don't beat NE at home, which we also need to do to win the division. so based on all that i figure we need to win the division, which means we need to beat new england

San Diego may be in for a little bit of a tailspin...going to have to go with center #4 starting this Sunday.

jlgarsh
10-06-2014, 06:00 PM
10 and 6. The Bills will win the AFC East

HAMMER
10-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Still at 10-6, not changing it until we win 11.

BillsImpossible
10-06-2014, 07:32 PM
I'll stick with my original prediction of 11-5.

Bills defense is very close to being great.

Luisito23
10-07-2014, 02:51 AM
10-6 and the AFC East crown.

We better win on Sunday though.

Fletch
10-07-2014, 08:58 AM

We won there in 1991.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199112080rai.htm

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2014, 09:02 AM
that was in Los Angeles, not Oakland

Fletch
10-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll go with 9-7, but I think 10-6 or 11-5 is still within the realm of realistic possibility. I can see them winning 6 of their next 7 if the defense keeps it up.

Bills defense is very close to being great.

I'll make a prediction now.

Come Sunday after the game once again everyone's going to be talking about how our defense has been smoke and mirrors up 'til now.

I detest Belicheat, but he knows how to dissect an opponent's team. After Sunday I expect Brady to be his usual self again despite my post to the contrary last week.

I simply don't view holding RBs like Donald Brown, George Winn, Alfred Blue, and Lamar Miller down in yards as anything significant. I don't think that any of them has even ever had anything close to a 1,000 yards season. If I'm off it's not by much.

Tate was the only weapon that Detroit had on Sunday and he posted a career game, his best ever.

Also, we did shut down Arian Foster, but he was a gametime decision with a hammy and didn't even play the whole game and came out. Fitzpatrick, once again, Fitzpatrick lit up this D for the win.

I think that there's a huge overreaction here based on the offenses we've played.

better days
10-07-2014, 09:08 AM
in the camp that you can't really get a feel for this team until next week's game. they beat the pats by any margin, the season is on. if they do it confidently, and orton plays well....then it's hard to deny the team has upside. if they are confident, there are only 2 games that they should lose. everything else they should win or be in it until the end.

a close loss will probably mean 7-9/6-10 season.

a blowout loss will be 4-12/5-11 season. and sadly, but perhaps mercifully a full rebuild with a proper front office.

I of course want immediate satisfaction, so i want them to win this game. if they injure brady, all the sweeter.

Am I the only person on this board that remembers the Bills signed Pepper Johnson in the off season?

Or is it that people don't understand what a GREAT signing that was & how much he will help against the Pats*?

The Bills have a lot of Confidence after going into Detroit & knocking off the Lions.

In BUFFALO, the Pegula's first game as owners, I expect the Ralph to be ROCKING & the Bills to WIN.

Fletch
10-07-2014, 09:09 AM
that was in Los Angeles, not Oakland

Thanks, I forgot about that.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2014, 09:16 AM
I'll make a prediction now.

Come Sunday after the game once again everyone's going to be talking about how our defense has been smoke and mirrors up 'til now.

I detest Belicheat, but he knows how to dissect an opponent's team. After Sunday I expect Brady to be his usual self again despite my post to the contrary last week.

I simply don't view holding RBs like Donald Brown, George Winn, Alfred Blue, and Lamar Miller down in yards as anything significant. I don't think that any of them has even ever had anything close to a 1,000 yards season. If I'm off it's not by much.

Tate was the only weapon that Detroit had on Sunday and he posted a career game, his best ever.

Also, we did shut down Arian Foster, but he was a gametime decision with a hammy and didn't even play the whole game and came out. Fitzpatrick, once again, Fitzpatrick lit up this D for the win.

I think that there's a huge overreaction here based on the offenses we've played.

There might be an over reaction.

But the defense is still 1st overall against the run. And first on 3rd downs. Even playing against teams reserves that is still damn impressive.

And Fitz hardly lit up this team. Don't hyperbolize so much

better days
10-07-2014, 09:19 AM

But the defense is still 1st overall against the run. And first on 3rd downs. Even playing against teams reserves that is still damn impressive.

And Fitz hardly lit up this team. Don't hyperbolize so much

LMAO at Fletch & Fitz.

EJ lost that game with a pick 6, Fitz did NOT win it.

Dr. Lecter
10-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Here are the ranks of the Bills opponents for running offense and 3rd down offense

Chicago 22nd, 11th
Miami 5th, 21st
San Diego 27th, 3rd
Houston 11th, 20th
Detroit 28th, 9th

it's not like all have been pushovers.

JohnnyGold
10-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I have thought this team can compete for and win a super bowl ever since we signed Orton.

Ill make a thread about it later this week, just so my prediction is set in stone.

I saw nothing last sunday that made me think any differently.

Some on here will nitpick everything to death--but teams that can go on the road, and come from 2 tds back to beat the number one defense in the nfl? along with having an excellent defense? and consistent special teams? That's good enough to win the super bowl.

if you don't believe me, look at the list of teams to win a super bowl:
seahawks (fit that mold)
ravens (fit that mold)
giants (fit that mold)
packers--don't fit that mold, but the team they beat, the steelers, do
saints--dont fit that mold
steelers-fit that mold
giants-fit that mold
colts, dont fit that mold, but the team they beat, the bears, do
steelers--fit that mold
pats--fit that mold
bucs--fit that mold
pats--fit that mold
pats--fit that mold

basically, we have an imposing defense, and can control the ball with depth at running back and receivers that can get open when the whole stadium knows the ball is going to them.

i dont care if the bills lose this weekend, or if they go 10-6. they are a talented team that is built like a super bowl champion.

bdutton
10-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Remaining home games:

New England (W)
Minnesota (W)
KC (L)
Jets (W)
Cleveland (W)
Green Bay (L)

Remaining Road Games:

Jets (W)
Miami (W)
Denver (L)
Oakland (W)
New England (L)

10-6

Honestly... I think we could win the KC game too but I think the NE game is too close to call so I will call one of those a loss and the other a win.

JohnnyGold
10-07-2014, 09:36 AM

we held them to 7 points, what difference does it make if tate had 500 yards.

we don't have the best player in the league at every position. sometimes, guys will go off. no defense is perfect, no offense is unstoppable, no special teams units never allow mistakes or hit 100% of their field goals.

AS A TEAM, though, can each unit overcome the deficiencies of the other? that's never been the case in buffalol. anemic offenses have been paired with excellent defenses, like the jauron years. or high powered offenses have had to win games 35-28, like the fitzpatrick years.

we have a well rounded TEAM right now... and teams win titles, not players. hard not to see this unit going deep into the playoffs, possibly winning it all.

fwiw, this has nothing to do with orton, specifically. i think sanchez could do the same thing with this squad.

"HAHAHA" you say, "you just lost all credibility with me for using butt fumble as an example of a qb who could game manage this team deep."

wrong--sanchez did just that in back to back seasons with a dominant defense and conservative offense.

it's not sexy, we wont get a nickname, but well win, and win often.

Oaf
10-07-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm still jaded as a bills fan, so I realistically think 8-8.

If I look at the schedule, 10-6. If I look at the Bills, 8-8.

BillsOverDolphins
10-07-2014, 10:12 PM
10-6 if Orton starts the rest of the year.

YardRat
10-08-2014, 05:05 AM
I have thought this team can compete for and win a super bowl ever since we signed Orton.

Ill make a thread about it later this week, just so my prediction is set in stone.

I saw nothing last sunday that made me think any differently.

Some on here will nitpick everything to death--but teams that can go on the road, and come from 2 tds back to beat the number one defense in the nfl? along with having an excellent defense? and consistent special teams? That's good enough to win the super bowl.

if you don't believe me, look at the list of teams to win a super bowl:
seahawks (fit that mold)
ravens (fit that mold)
giants (fit that mold)
packers--don't fit that mold, but the team they beat, the steelers, do
saints--dont fit that mold
steelers-fit that mold
giants-fit that mold
colts, dont fit that mold, but the team they beat, the bears, do
steelers--fit that mold
pats--fit that mold
bucs--fit that mold
pats--fit that mold
pats--fit that mold

basically, we have an imposing defense, and can control the ball with depth at running back and receivers that can get open when the whole stadium knows the ball is going to them.

i dont care if the bills lose this weekend, or if they go 10-6. they are a talented team that is built like a super bowl champion.

While the presence of Manning and the perception of the Colts could lead to the conclusion that they 'don't fit that mold', the one season they actually were able to win it all, they really did 'fit'...their defense stepped up, and played dominant, in that playoff run.

imbondz
10-08-2014, 08:30 AM
We have been in every game so far. I'd like to know how many teams this far can say that, obviously not including the undefeateds.

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2014, 08:40 AM
We have been in every game so far. I'd like to know how many teams this far can say that, obviously not including the undefeateds.

There are no undefeateds

JohnnyGold
10-08-2014, 08:42 AM

there are no more undefeated teams.

Fletch
10-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Here are the ranks of the Bills opponents for running offense and 3rd down offense

Chicago 22nd, 11th
Miami 5th, 21st
San Diego 27th, 3rd
Houston 11th, 20th
Detroit 28th, 9th

it's not like all have been pushovers.

See, here's the bigger question though, did they get to those rankings by using the players that were on the field when we played them? It's asking those kinds of questions that separate the men from the boys in terms of seeing through statistics.

Was it George Winn that has led the Lions to that ranking? And Corey Fuller at WR opposite Tate, who's also not great? Or did they have other key players in other games?

Was it Donald Brown that has been a big source of SD's success, or can you think of another RB that may have contributed more than him but that wasn't on the field when we played them?

How about Miami with Lamar Miller and undrafted rookie Damian Williams? Can you think of another RB that may have helped them get that 5th ranking?

Forte and Cutler both had no trouble moving the ball against us, despite their average at best rankings, they just made too many stupid mistakes, or Cutler did. 427 total yards. Is that what we can expect when teams bring their offenses at full strength?

How many times do you think we'll be playing teams featureing starting RBs as "good" as Winn, Miller, Williams, and Brown? Or starting WRs as "good" as Corey Fuller?

Fletch
10-08-2014, 08:51 AM

No doubt, but against which RBs? Winn, Brown, Miller, and Williams, two of which you'd never even heard of prior to the season starting. Is this impressive? just asking. I'm not impressed. I'll be impressed when our #1 D can hold the Pats to under 300 yards of offense, or the Packers, or Broncos or Chiefs.

djjimkelly
10-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Had we ever won at Chicago?

no

and im sticking to 9-7 hoping for more

streetkings01
10-08-2014, 09:24 AM
What does that have to do with this season? We havent played in Oakland since 2004. I never understand why people post stats that have nothing to do with anything!

HHURRICANE
10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Remaining home games:

New England
Minnesota
KC
Jets
Cleveland
Green Bay

Remaining Road Games:

Jets
Miami
Denver
Oakland
New England

We need to go 6-5 to post a winning season.

I don't see us beating New England if Gronk is healthy, Denver, or Green Bay.

KC is a better team and Cleveland and Miami are playing about as well as we are. Oakland's horrible but the game's in Oakland where we haven't won since '91. The Jets suck but Vick will probably be starting soon, will they get better as a result if he does? Minnesota's had a tough schedule.

Wins:

Jets 2
Miami 1
Oakland 1
Minnesota 1

Losses:

New England (in BFLO) 1
Denver 1
Green Bay 1

So that puts us at 8 and 5.

The playoffs hinge on these games:

KC
Cleveland
NE on the road which I actually think is a winnable game.

better days
10-08-2014, 03:55 PM
No doubt, but against which RBs? Winn, Brown, Miller, and Williams, two of which you'd never even heard of prior to the season starting. Is this impressive? just asking. I'm not impressed. I'll be impressed when our #1 D can hold the Pats to under 300 yards of offense, or the Packers, or Broncos or Chiefs.

You know Fred Jackson was a NOBODY from Coe College before he became a STAR for the Bills.

Winn could be the next Freddie for all you know.

And Reggie Bush played for quite a while in that game as well.

Typ0
10-08-2014, 04:29 PM
11-5 if Orton stays healthy...if he doesn't the record will depend on what week he gets hurt.

YardRat
10-08-2014, 05:13 PM
See, here's the bigger question though, did they get to those rankings by using the players that were on the field when we played them? It's asking those kinds of questions that separate the men from the boys in terms of seeing through statistics.

The men know the team is 3-2 and in first place in the division. The boys keep pouring over ultimately useless statistics and extenuating circumstances to try and prove why that isn't 'really' true.

You really shouldn't try to pull that **** when it's obvious your balls haven't dropped yet.

Historian
10-13-2014, 04:37 AM
7-9

Fletch
10-13-2014, 05:37 AM
The men know the team is 3-2 and in first place in the division. The boys keep pouring over ultimately useless statistics and extenuating circumstances to try and prove why that isn't 'really' true.

You really shouldn't try to pull that **** when it's obvious your balls haven't dropped yet.

I really think that you need to start reevaluating whose balls it is that haven't dropped yet. This season is proving you wrong the more it develops.

- - - Updated - - -

11-5 if Orton stays healthy...if he doesn't the record will depend on what week he gets hurt.

You still thinking this?

Dr. Who
10-13-2014, 09:45 AM
I would start a thread: Fletch is like . . .

Couple days ago, I said a doctor with a horrible bedside manner.
Today, how about a Tory sympathizer who would be tarred, feathered, and rode out of town on a rail . . . if an internet community were not an ethereal entity where individuals can act like jackasses with impunity and middle schoolers have fun pretending to be adult.

In any event, I would, but such a thread would gratify Fletch's narcissistic tendency and I wouldn't want to help contribute to a pathology.

bdutton
10-13-2014, 09:54 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Fletchhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=4003643#post4003643)Remaining home games:

New England (L)
Minnesota (W)
KC (L)
Jets (W)
Cleveland (W)
Green Bay (L)

Remaining Road Games:

Jets (W)
Miami (W)
Denver (L)
Oakland (W)

New England (L)

9-7

Honestly... I think we could win the KC game too but I think the NE game is too close to call so I will call one of those a loss and the other a win.

EDITED... The Refs were a huge momentum killer for the bills vs NE. I still think the Bills could end up with a winning record but will miss the playoffs.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 10:12 AM
I would start a thread: Fletch is like . . .

Couple days ago, I said a doctor with a horrible bedside manner.
Today, how about a Tory sympathizer who would be tarred, feathered, and rode out of town on a rail . . . if an internet community were not an ethereal entity where individuals can act like jackasses with impunity and middle schoolers have fun pretending to be adult.

In any event, I would, but such a thread would gratify Fletch's narcissistic tendency and I wouldn't want to help contribute to a pathology.

LMAO at me being the narcissist.

Myself and a handful of other posters put up with so much ****, ... I haven't even rehashed those threads yet, that even if we were the narcissists in this scenario we'd be perfectly justified.

I'm going to post a thread in a second showing why it's ridiculously premature to start ranting about a "1st ranked D" after five games against offenses so beaten up that they make the Jags look tough offensively.

The real enjoyment here has nothing to do with the team, it has to do with watching all the rationalizing from week to week as things progress, or should I say regress, and watching everyone but a handful of people here that are the real narcissists change their tune after every game.

I mean seriously, one week Spikes is awesome, the next week he sucks. One week Dareus is "elite", or for two weeks he's "elite," then all of a sudden he sucks and is overrated and is what some of us calmly say that he is all the time, not merely on a week to week basis.

One week Orton's the answer, the next he's not.

Five weeks ago Spiller was special, now he sucks.

I could go on and on an on.

Then those of us insisting those things all along are said to be narcissists in tantrumatic fashion since the people slamming us from the beginning have no choice but to eat crow.

This place is like a circus, there's always something goofy going on. It really is amusing.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 10:17 AM
EDITED... The Refs were a huge momentum killer for the bills vs NE. I still think the Bills could end up with a winning record but will miss the playoffs.

So you think that the penalties were unfair?

I mean that PI against Williams was a no brainer. It would have been a TD anyway. 2 penalties on Williams for 46 yards were the officials' faults?

9 penalties against the Pats, 8 against us.

bdutton
10-13-2014, 10:19 AM
So you think that the penalties were unfair?

I mean that PI against Williams was a no brainer. It would have been a TD anyway. 2 penalties on Williams for 46 yards were the officials' faults?

9 penalties against the Pats, 8 against us.

Penalties should have been 11-12 against the pats and 5-6 against us. Each of the calls/non-calls were during critical moments when we needed a stop or needed a first down. Those were crucial.

notacon
10-13-2014, 10:43 AM
My projection has not changed much at all. This is a 7-9 team, 8-8 outside chance. This has always been the case considering the QB and coaching situation. Orton brings us the ability to win maybe one more game than Manuel.

Remaining Home Games

Minnesota - W
KC - L
Jets - W
Cleveland - W
Green Bay - L

Remaining Road Games:

Jets - W
Miami - L
Denver - L
Oakland - L
New England - L