PDA

View Full Version : What Impressed You The Most About KO?

BillsImpossible
10-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Fred Jackson made it official this morning on WGR, they call him, "KO."

Without Kyle Orton as quarterback, the Bills lose against the Lions.

What impressed you the most about KO's game?

His 69.8% completion percentage and 308 yards passing in his first game since late last year in a new offense he learned in a month?

His command of the huddle and game clock management?

His incredible mustache?

His 42 yard pass to Goodwin that if thrown by EJ Manuel would have flown 30 feet over Goodwin's head?

His 2 pt conversion audible, giving Fred the rock?

His pocket presence?

Accuracy?

What impressed you the most about KO?

Generalissimus Gibby
10-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Bullpen most impressed me by learning from his mistakes and putting his mistakes quickly behind him. Also, he is a Fitz type game manager. Oh, and along with Sammy Wonder Watkins, he helped lead a comeback. So yeah, I liked the mental aspect of his game which sadly I did not see enough of from EJ. I like EJ, but he didn't have the brains.

BillsImpossible
10-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Bullpen most impressed me by learning from his mistakes and putting his mistakes quickly behind him. Also, he is a Fitz type game manager. Oh, and along with Sammy Wonder Watkins, he helped lead a comeback. So yeah, I liked the mental aspect of his game which sadly I did not see enough of from EJ. I like EJ, but he didn't have the brains.

Add that one to the list. KO lead the comeback from behind victory against a very good defense.

EJ has the brains though, he just doesn't have the experience of being a veteran qb. He hasn't played 16 games in his career yet, so I think it's kind of a no brainer that KO would have a better grasp of how to run an NFL offense.

EJ is the young, inexperienced student. KO is the teacher.

It's the best thing that could have ever happened to EJ Manuel.

starrymessenger
10-06-2014, 07:25 PM
His aplomb.
i really like his aplomb.

BillsImpossible
10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
His aplomb.
i really like his aplomb.

n. noun

Self-confident assurance; poise.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
There is a reason he's a 50% winning percentage guy. I'm not about to hail him as anything after one game victory.

If you plan on relying on him throwing 40 times a game, you will be disappointed. Hopefully Marrone and Co. know how to utilize Orton. I myself think he's an average 30 throws a game type of guy.

The Jokeman
10-06-2014, 07:43 PM

His 69.8% completion percentage and 308 yards passing in his first game since late last year in a new offense he learned in a month?

His incredible mustache?

His 42 yard pass to Goodwin that if thrown by EJ Manuel would have flown 30 feet over Goodwin's head?

His pocket presence?

Accuracy?

His ability to turn it around in the second half as in the first half he was dreadful. The second half he looked like a totally different guy.

BillsImpossible
10-06-2014, 07:52 PM
There is a reason he's a 50% winning percentage guy. I'm not about to hail him as anything after one game victory.

If you plan on relying on him throwing 40 times a game, you will be disappointed. Hopefully Marrone and Co. know how to utilize Orton. I myself think he's an average 30 throws a game type of guy.

I myself think KO is a better quarterback than most people think. He has never had a real, "home," to play in after his start in Chicago. He's always been second guessed ever since.

He's the next Kurt Warner with Fred Jackson as inspiration imho.

Somebody's trash is someone else's treasure.

I think KO is a better QB than Tony Romo.

BillsImpossible
10-06-2014, 08:04 PM
His ability to turn it around in the second half as in the first half he was dreadful. The second half he looked like a totally different guy.

You bring up another good point.

It only took KO 2 quarters to get his offense in rhythm.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I myself think KO is a better quarterback than most people think. He has never had a real, "home," to play in after his start in Chicago. He's always been second guessed ever since.

That's why you and I are fans jabbing on message board whereas people powered to dish out millions of dollars gave money to Tony Romo instead of Orton.

Orton's success has been on team with strong defense and mistake free teams. This Bills team just may give him a chance for that, IF, they finally get the running game going.

The Bills just went through a stretch where they played 4 strong defenses - Miami, San Diego, Houston, Detroit - in a row. They may be in line to get a string of teams they should do better in running attack now starting this Sunday.

The last buffalo fan
10-06-2014, 10:24 PM
That's why you and I are fans jabbing on message board whereas people powered to dish out millions of dollars gave money to Tony Romo instead of Orton.

Orton's success has been on team with strong defense and mistake free teams. This Bills team just may give him a chance for that, IF, they finally get the running game going.

The Bills just went through a stretch where they played 4 strong defenses - Miami, San Diego, Houston, Detroit - in a row. They may be in line to get a string of teams they should do better in running attack now starting this Sunday.

I'm not sure about the Chetriot run defense, sometimes they look really good, but ............... :gobills:

Woodman
10-06-2014, 10:24 PM

His incredible mustache?

His pocket presence?

Accuracy?

I called him KO.

But we can say it was Fred. :D

Meathead
10-06-2014, 10:54 PM

god i hope youre right

i dont think you are but holy crap i want you to be

Meathead
10-06-2014, 10:58 PM
but yeah, the ability to come back and play lights out after a disastrous pick six. did anybody not think the bills were dead right there, game over? i sure did

and just a reminder. everybody is dinging him for throwing behind sammy on the critical last pass play but sammy himself said he missed the blitz so that ball was actually perfectly thrown

Mr. Pink
10-07-2014, 01:10 AM
He's not the most talented guy but he actually looks and plays the part of being an NFL QB.

makes all the throws, makes a mistake and forgets about it and doesn't let it linger, can take a beating and keep grinding it out.

YardRat
10-07-2014, 04:29 AM
We won.

Night Train
10-07-2014, 04:30 AM
He actually can read a D and get the ball within 7 yards of the intended receiver.

swiper
10-07-2014, 04:38 AM
n. noun

Self-confident assurance; poise.

ROFL that you had to look that up.

- - - Updated - - -

He actually can read a D and get the ball within 7 yards of the intended receiver.

In addition, he's the first QB in a long time that can make an accurate downfield pass (over ten yards) with some touch. Marquise Goodwin should become relevant again.

casdhf
10-07-2014, 05:43 AM
Anyone who doesn't say mustache is lying.

Mahdi
10-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Just his ability to throw the basic NFL throws that keep the chains moving.

Best throw of the day was the one where he was under pressure and had to drop back and throw off his back foot and hit Watkins on the sideline for about a 15 yard gain.

DynaPaul
10-07-2014, 07:51 AM
He's competent... Unlike EJ.

Fletch
10-07-2014, 08:17 AM

Agreed.

I've posted this before, but in games that he's thrown 40 or more attempts he's 4-10 as a starter.

Not including those, in games that he's thrown 36-39 passes he's 1-9 for 5-19 total for 36+ attempts.

He's 8-7 when throwing 30-35 times.

He's 19-7 when throwing for 28 or fewer times.

Also, while everyone's doing their happy dance over the play of our defense, let's face it, the Lions didn't have good talent on the field with megatron and Bell both out and Bush going out later on, not that he's that good either. The only decent WR they had on the field was Tate who had a great day. They were forced to play a rookie undrafted RB.

Point being that scoring 17 points isn't going to win many games. We'd be 2-3 right now if all we could do is score 17 points.

better days
10-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Agreed.

I've posted this before, but in games that he's thrown 40 or more attempts he's 4-10 as a starter.

Not including those, in games that he's thrown 36-39 passes he's 1-9 for 5-19 total for 36+ attempts.

He's 8-7 when throwing 30-35 times.

He's 19-7 when throwing for 28 or fewer times.

Also, while everyone's doing their happy dance over the play of our defense, let's face it, the Lions didn't have good talent on the field with megatron and Bell both out and Bush going out later on, not that he's that good either. The only decent WR they had on the field was Tate who had a great day. They were forced to play a rookie undrafted RB.

Point being that scoring 17 points isn't going to win many games. We'd be 2-3 right now if all we could do is score 17 points.

Well, the Lions have a VERY GOOD Defense.

But the Bills defense outplayed them in this game.

The Bills Defense allowed only 7 points in this game.

The Pats* Defense is not as good as the Lions Defense & the Pats* have no receiver as good as Tate.

Fletch
10-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Gronkowski, when healthy, as he seems to be, alone is better than Tate and produces matchup problems that Tate cannot provide.

Tate was all that Detroit had on Sunday. Everyone else was out. Are you really impressed that the D played well against Stafford and Tate? Did you even bother to take a look at who else was on the field for them?

Even so, Tate, a WR that has averaged not even 600 yards receiving and 4 TDs per season in four seasons, tore us up.

Edelman is better.

Fletch
10-07-2014, 08:40 AM
By the way, if you think that the Detroit D is so great, considering that it was very average last season, has anyone stopped to question why it's shot up with the departure of Schwartz?

sukie
10-07-2014, 09:02 AM

without Henery... Bills lose the game

Lucidvizion
10-07-2014, 09:10 AM

Yeah good thing we had Kyle Williams and Kiko Alonso on the field or else we'd look even worse.

Discotrish
10-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Add that one to the list. KO lead the comeback from behind victory against a very good defense.

EJ has the brains though, he just doesn't have the experience of being a veteran qb. He hasn't played 16 games in his career yet, so I think it's kind of a no brainer that KO would have a better grasp of how to run an NFL offense.

EJ is the young, inexperienced student. KO is the teacher.

It's the best thing that could have ever happened to EJ Manuel.

You can't expect him to be a Mike Glennon!

Patti

Luisito23
10-07-2014, 09:34 AM
What Impressed You The Most About KO?

Swagger...Definitely his swagger.

TacklingDummy
10-07-2014, 09:39 AM
What impressed me most about Pick 6 was the Bills defense, the lions kicker, and Stafford keeping us in the game long enough so that our offense could put together their usual 1-2 good drives for the entire game.

justasportsfan
10-07-2014, 10:19 AM
was the Bills defense, the lions kicker, and Stafford keeping us in the game long enough so that our offense could put together their usual 1-2 good drives for the entire game.

Stafford kept us in the game? If Stafford sucked in their 1st 4 games then you'd have a leg to stand on but he didn't and is up there this year. Our D kept us in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked how Orton threw to 10 different receivers.

BOBM253
10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
His poise and the zip and accuracy of his passes. To me he passes the eyeball test for an NFL QB. I think we finally have a well above above average NFL QB on our roster. Lets play some meaningful football. Finally..............................

trapezeus
10-07-2014, 10:55 AM
pump fake on goodwin ball was exciting. i can't remember the last time a bills qb pump faked

he also is a bit inaccurate, but perhaps that's the rust. it was more evident early than late (though the watkins catch wasn't the result of well thrown ball)

but the guy is decisive. he seems to know the play and makes a decisive throw. One of EJ's weaknesses was that he was just watching and his decision wasn't sync'd with the play being run. Orton seems to know the plays a little better and is willing to go with what is supposed to happen. EJ seems to want to confirm it first, then make the play. and the game is too fast for that.

TheBrownBear
10-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Like others have said, his poise. He throws a pick-6, down 14-0 and we are getting dominated at the point-of-attack on the road against the no. 1 defense in the NFL, and he still manages to keep it together and rally the team. A lesser QB and we are discussing a 31-3 loss.

Meathead
10-07-2014, 11:55 AM
just rewatched the game and orton was highly impressive the second half. he was pump faking like a madman, looking guys off all over the place, and yet finding his target over and over. one play he pumped a fake down the sideline then snapped around and delivered a first down strike to woods between four lions defenders. it was freakin beautiful

ive said it before, but all i wanted him to do was not suck and execute standard nfl throws when he needed to, something ej simply couldnt accomplish his last two dreadful starts. orton performed way better than i expected and he deserves credit for that

considering everything he had going against him, this game was a great sign imo. if he can play like that on a consistent basis the bills have found their qb. not at all sure he will be able to keep it up, but i can tell you my pants have a lot less room in them right now

Historian
10-07-2014, 12:10 PM
The fact that putting on a Cowboys jersey didn't give him scabies....

better days
10-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Gronkowski, when healthy, as he seems to be, alone is better than Tate and produces matchup problems that Tate cannot provide.

Tate was all that Detroit had on Sunday. Everyone else was out. Are you really impressed that the D played well against Stafford and Tate? Did you even bother to take a look at who else was on the field for them?

Even so, Tate, a WR that has averaged not even 600 yards receiving and 4 TDs per season in four seasons, tore us up.

Edelman is better.

Gronk is still a threat in the Red Zone, but he is a shadow of his former self.

You don't see Gronk running down field like a HUGE WR anymore, those days are over for good.

And NO, Edelman is NOT better than Tate. You will see on Sunday.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Gronk is still a threat in the Red Zone, but he is a shadow of his former self.

You don't see Gronk running down field like a HUGE WR anymore, those days are over for good.

And NO, Edelman is NOT better than Tate. You will see on Sunday.

The reason I have a reasonable hope this weekend is that we can STOP the run now. Contrary to what everyone says, I believe it's the Pats run game beat us in recent games, not Brady, not Gronk, not even their D. We were all looking for Brady to throw this or that pass play after play while they just gushed us on the ground. Then when you finally say we are going to stop the run there, he just came up with an easy throw to beat you badly.

I think this Sunday we can finally tell Brady - give us your best (arm) shots.

justasportsfan
10-07-2014, 02:07 PM
zip

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000407072/article/fred-jackson-on-kyle-orton-good-to-have-vet-out-there

starrymessenger
10-07-2014, 02:20 PM
The reason I have a reasonable hope this weekend is that we can STOP the run now. Contrary to what everyone says, I believe it's the Pats run game beat us in recent games, not Brady, not Gronk, not even their D. We were all looking for Brady to throw this or that pass play after play while they just gushed us on the ground. Then when you finally say we are going to stop the run there, he just came up with an easy throw to beat you badly.

I think this Sunday we can finally tell Brady - give us your best (arm) shots.

To me the question is how much has the Pats O-line improved over what we saw prior to the Bengals game.
Unlike us the Bengals have an inferior run D and I got the impression that they were game planning to shut down Brady's short to intermediate passing game instead of the run, which is now the bread and butter of the Pats offence.
i expect our D will be a much better matchup for their run game and be able to pressure Brady as well.
Hope so anyway because if he is comfortable in the pocket Brady obviously can still sling it.
their O-line certainly looked much much better Sunday night.