• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

What Impressed You The Most About KO?

Fred Jackson made it official this morning on WGR, they call him, "KO."

Without Kyle Orton as quarterback, the Bills lose against the Lions.

What impressed you the most about KO's game?

His 69.8% completion percentage and 308 yards passing in his first game since late last year in a new offense he learned in a month?

His command of the huddle and game clock management?

His incredible mustache?

His 42 yard pass to Goodwin that if thrown by EJ Manuel would have flown 30 feet over Goodwin's head?

His 2 pt conversion audible, giving Fred the rock?

His pocket presence?

Accuracy?

What impressed you the most about KO?
  • Gibby
    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    • Jun 2006

Re: What Impressed You The Most About KO?

Bullpen most impressed me by learning from his mistakes and putting his mistakes quickly behind him. Also, he is a Fitz type game manager. Oh, and along with Sammy Wonder Watkins, he helped lead a comeback. So yeah, I liked the mental aspect of his game which sadly I did not see enough of from EJ. I like EJ, but he didn't have the brains.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
      Bullpen most impressed me by learning from his mistakes and putting his mistakes quickly behind him. Also, he is a Fitz type game manager. Oh, and along with Sammy Wonder Watkins, he helped lead a comeback. So yeah, I liked the mental aspect of his game which sadly I did not see enough of from EJ. I like EJ, but he didn't have the brains.
      Add that one to the list. KO lead the comeback from behind victory against a very good defense.

EJ has the brains though, he just doesn't have the experience of being a veteran qb. He hasn't played 16 games in his career yet, so I think it's kind of a no brainer that KO would have a better grasp of how to run an NFL offense.

EJ is the young, inexperienced student. KO is the teacher.

It's the best thing that could have ever happened to EJ Manuel.

Comment

• starrymessenger
        • Oct 2009

His aplomb.
        i really like his aplomb.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by starrymessenger View Post
          His aplomb.
          i really like his aplomb.
          n. noun
          • Self-confident assurance; poise.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

There is a reason he's a 50% winning percentage guy. I'm not about to hail him as anything after one game victory.

If you plan on relying on him throwing 40 times a game, you will be disappointed. Hopefully Marrone and Co. know how to utilize Orton. I myself think he's an average 30 throws a game type of guy.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

His 69.8% completion percentage and 308 yards passing in his first game since late last year in a new offense he learned in a month?

His incredible mustache?

His 42 yard pass to Goodwin that if thrown by EJ Manuel would have flown 30 feet over Goodwin's head?

His pocket presence?

Accuracy?

His ability to turn it around in the second half as in the first half he was dreadful. The second half he looked like a totally different guy.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                There is a reason he's a 50% winning percentage guy. I'm not about to hail him as anything after one game victory.

If you plan on relying on him throwing 40 times a game, you will be disappointed. Hopefully Marrone and Co. know how to utilize Orton. I myself think he's an average 30 throws a game type of guy.
                I myself think KO is a better quarterback than most people think. He has never had a real, "home," to play in after his start in Chicago. He's always been second guessed ever since.

He's the next Kurt Warner with Fred Jackson as inspiration imho.

Somebody's trash is someone else's treasure.

I think KO is a better QB than Tony Romo.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  His ability to turn it around in the second half as in the first half he was dreadful. The second half he looked like a totally different guy.
                  You bring up another good point.

It only took KO 2 quarters to get his offense in rhythm.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

I myself think KO is a better quarterback than most people think. He has never had a real, "home," to play in after his start in Chicago. He's always been second guessed ever since.

That's why you and I are fans jabbing on message board whereas people powered to dish out millions of dollars gave money to Tony Romo instead of Orton.

Orton's success has been on team with strong defense and mistake free teams. This Bills team just may give him a chance for that, IF, they finally get the running game going.

The Bills just went through a stretch where they played 4 strong defenses - Miami, San Diego, Houston, Detroit - in a row. They may be in line to get a string of teams they should do better in running attack now starting this Sunday.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                      That's why you and I are fans jabbing on message board whereas people powered to dish out millions of dollars gave money to Tony Romo instead of Orton.

Orton's success has been on team with strong defense and mistake free teams. This Bills team just may give him a chance for that, IF, they finally get the running game going.

The Bills just went through a stretch where they played 4 strong defenses - Miami, San Diego, Houston, Detroit - in a row. They may be in line to get a string of teams they should do better in running attack now starting this Sunday.

I'm not sure about the Chetriot run defense, sometimes they look really good, but ...............
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

His incredible mustache?

His pocket presence?

Accuracy?

I called him KO.

But we can say it was Fred.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

god i hope youre right

i dont think you are but holy crap i want you to be
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

but yeah, the ability to come back and play lights out after a disastrous pick six. did anybody not think the bills were dead right there, game over? i sure did

and just a reminder. everybody is dinging him for throwing behind sammy on the critical last pass play but sammy himself said he missed the blitz so that ball was actually perfectly thrown
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

He's not the most talented guy but he actually looks and plays the part of being an NFL QB.

makes all the throws, makes a mistake and forgets about it and doesn't let it linger, can take a beating and keep grinding it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X