PDA

View Full Version : Pegula may be eyeing Cowher

Buffalogic
10-08-2014, 01:11 PM
The looming arrival of the Pegulas as the next owners of the Bills could eventually result in significant changes to the football operations. Graham suggested that, if the Pegulas part ways with coach Doug Marrone after the season, a play could be made for former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who has worked for CBS since resigning after the 2006 season.

Things are going to get interesting! (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/05/bills-sale-expected-to-be-easily-approved-this-week/) Where are the old pics of "Give Cowher the power!"? Time to recirculate those.

coastal
10-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Sacking Marrone would be monumentally stupid at this point.

Ed
10-08-2014, 01:43 PM
I feel like if Cowher wanted to coach again he'd already have a job. He seems pretty content at CBS and it's probably hard to consider getting back into the endless grind of being a HC again after 8 years off. I've also always been under the impression that if Cowher did come back he would only consider positions where the team already has a franchise qb in place or is at least in position to draft a good one. That's definitely not the Bills right now.

jamze132
10-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Maybe all we need to do is sack Hackett...

Lets see how the season plays out.

Skooby
10-08-2014, 01:49 PM
The change of ownership should motivate the coaches, if they keep winning it'll be a job saver. If not, Pegs can cash them out & move forward without any debates. Buying the Bills is step one, improving them & giving them a new home is coming up.

Homegrown
10-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Last game coached was from the 2006 season .... might as well bring back the ghost of Woody Hayes

Novacane
10-08-2014, 01:50 PM
We're 3-2. Why assume Marone is getting canned?

OpIv37
10-08-2014, 01:53 PM
First, every time there is a coaching vacancy, Cowher's name comes up first. If he wanted another coaching job, he'd already have one.

Second, we don't even have a coaching vacancy. We are 3-2 and tied for the div lead. While the possibility of tanking the season still remains, I don't see how a firing is even being considered at this point. The talk of it is just going to make Marrone second-guess himself on every move. Unless we absolutely implode for the rest of the season, Marrone and Whaley should get another year regardless of what Pegula does to the top of the org chart.

Dr. Lecter
10-08-2014, 01:55 PM
And if Marrone is canned I do not want Cowher. He's been away from the game for almost a decade. Not only has the game changed, but his ability to hire top assistants could be compromised

Night Train
10-08-2014, 02:13 PM
All I'm reading is Graham speculating.

Cowher has been out of the game too long (8 years) and won with D. Schwartz has that covered perfectly now.

I'm rooting for Marrone to keep winning and believe he can.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Marrone starts the Gailey Express and we lose say 10 straight, its time to fire. If he gets us to 5-3 at the bye and then 5-3 after firing would be stupid. Actually any firing talk before at least week 12, barring a complete meltdown is stupid. There is no dominant team in the division this year. We could actually go toe to toe with the Cheaties for a change. Hackett needs to go, but so far the only thing wrong with this team is the OC and the OL. Give Marrone a chance to see if he can get it right.

pmoon6
10-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Maybe all we need to do is sack Hackett...

Lets see how the season plays out.Doesn't Kevin Gilbride need a job? I mean he has two Super Bowl rings.

Oh wait.

THATHURMANATOR
10-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Why Fire Marrone if we have a decent year?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-08-2014, 02:35 PM
I was a big Cowher supporter. Any one who has been on this board since the Donahoe days may recall that I completely sided with Cowher during their feud in Pittsburgh.

However, I don't think, for a minute, that Cowher is a viable option any more. Even if he comes back coaching somewhere, it is for money and money only. I want hungry guys in the front office as well as head coaches.

A big measuring stick of HC to me is finding quality coordinators and below. The main reason I liked Cowher in Pittsburgh for a long time is the number of head coaches come out of his staff. Say what you want about Marrone. He has been a HC for a year and already has one coordinator under him became a HC somewhere else. Don't think that has happened in Buffalo since ... 20 years ago?

Buffalogic
10-08-2014, 02:45 PM
All depends on how we finish the year. Whaley and Cowher have history from the Steeler days, so if Marrone goes that doesn't automatically mean Whaley would too. Marrone controls his own destiny at this point.

trapezeus
10-08-2014, 02:49 PM
what needs cleaning is the top and the vision the team has. it can not be executed thoroughly without mangement changes.

as for whaley and marrone, if they are close to playoffs or a playoff team, they should be given a chance to complete what they started. much like how the pegulas gave ruff and reiger a chance to operate without quinn.

i know finding GM's and asking them to keep your coach don't happen often, but i see more reasons to move from whaley who can get credited for stacking a defense but leaving the offense bare. MArrone seems to be doing the most he can with what he's been given. but he's done himself no favor by keeping hackett.

kingJofNYC
10-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Almost a decade since he's coached....

Historian
10-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Do we need a billboard along the 219?

Generalissimus Gibby
10-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Why Fire Marrone if we have a decent year?

I dunno, ask Wade. Better yet, to go along with Moonie's excellent suggestion, lets bring back Donahoe as GM and Gregg Williams as HC. All we need after that is to find some washed up old qb that is years from his prime --Cutler perhaps -- and go from there. The Royals burst my mediocrity balloon this year, and so the Bills must keep the futility streak alive. Come on guys 30 is the goal.

Fletch
10-08-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm rooting for Marrone to keep winning and believe he can.

We'll find out very soon.

BuffaloRedleg
10-08-2014, 04:16 PM
I'm not that interested in a guy who hasn't coached in what, 10 years?

I want guys like Chip Kelly, forward thinking guys that set trends.

It usually isn't that successful when a guy comes out of long retirement like this.

YardRat
10-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Never wanted Cowher, never wanted Shanahan, and still don't.

After one full season last year and five games this season, I like the job this group is doing.

Night Train
10-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Do we need a billboard along the 219?

We could put ad signs all over short buses but many here would miss the irony. :up:

Buffalogic
10-08-2014, 04:54 PM

It usually isn't that successful when a guy comes out of long retirement like this.Easy to say, but for every Kelly there are 10 Nick Saban's.

JohnnyGold
10-08-2014, 05:15 PM
The talk of Marrone getting fired due to Pegula taking over ownership is ridiculous. Marrone is the lowest man on the totem pole.

I have been a part of two company mergers, which amounted to a change in ownership.
The first stage for Pegula will be observation and assessment. He needs to convey his vision to the company, and trust his top guys to carry it out. Littman (Chief Financial Officer) and Brandon (President) are those guys and will not be fired straight away. If Pegula fired them, he would have to hire new guys to fill those vacancies, and the two most qualified people would be... Littman and Brandon! They need an opportunity to execute Pegula's vision, not Ralph's.

You have to understand how much control the owner has over a team, in terms of "creating a culture". I hear people say that that phenomenon doesn't exist. It absolutely does. And it exists in a professional football team just like any other business. Who knows how far behind the teams Ralph was... who knows what decisions Littman has wanted to make over the years, or people that Russ has wanted to fire. They now have carte blanche to execute Pegula's vision. Hell, Russ might fire someone before Terry!

Russ picked Whaley, and loves the guy, so Whaley isn't going anywhere. So, Marrone's only leaving if it's football related, and at 3-2, with the division in play?

PromoTheRobot
10-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Things are going to get interesting! (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/05/bills-sale-expected-to-be-easily-approved-this-week/) Where are the old pics of "Give Cowher the power!"? Time to recirculate those.

Hiring a coach who's been out of football for 8 years is a guaranteed ticket to the Super Bowl.

Buffalogic
10-08-2014, 05:32 PM
The talk of Marrone getting fired due to Pegula taking over ownership is ridiculous. Marrone is the lowest man on the totem pole.

I have been a part of two company mergers, which amounted to a change in ownership.
The first stage for Pegula will be observation and assessment. He needs to convey his vision to the company, and trust his top guys to carry it out. Littman (Chief Financial Officer) and Brandon (President) are those guys and will not be fired straight away. If Pegula fired them, he would have to hire new guys to fill those vacancies, and the two most qualified people would be... Littman and Brandon! They need an opportunity to execute Pegula's vision, not Ralph's.

You have to understand how much control the owner has over a team, in terms of "creating a culture". I hear people say that that phenomenon doesn't exist. It absolutely does. And it exists in a professional football team just like any other business. Who knows how far behind the teams Ralph was... who knows what decisions Littman has wanted to make over the years, or people that Russ has wanted to fire. They now have carte blanche to execute Pegula's vision. Hell, Russ might fire someone before Terry!

Russ picked Whaley, and loves the guy, so Whaley isn't going anywhere. So, Marrone's only leaving if it's football related, and at 3-2, with the division in play?Good post and I agree about Whaley. I think he is staying and deservedly so. Marrone is a lot more replaceable. 3-2 doesn't mean much if you finish 7-9. It's all up to Marrone who coaches this team in the future.

JohnnyGold
10-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Good post and I agree about Whaley. I think he is staying and deservedly so. Marrone is a lot more replaceable. 3-2 doesn't mean much if you finish 7-9. It's all up to Marrone who coaches this team in the future.

exactly.

as long as russ is happy with whaley, whaley isn't going anywhere.

i know it's not what fans want to hear, but Pegula has SO much more to worry about than the team on the field for the first... 18 months on the job? 2 years? WGR has been speculating so hard about what he's going to do. And the answer is so boring: he's just going to WATCH. Russ might be an *******, everyone below him might hate him and want him fired, and he might have retained every single one of Ralph's cronies for 15 years. But if Pegula comes in, and Russ starts performing the job differently, at a level that Pegula wants/respects, then Russ isn't going anywhere, and SHOULDN'T go anywhere.

Basically, the top 5% of the organization is being "interviewed" for the next 6 months. Can they execute Terry's vision. If they can't, then Pegula will bring in people who he thinks can.

But honestly, as for what happens on the field? That's all on Marrone's plate.

Bottom Line: the criteria for Marrone getting fired today are exactly the same as they were the day before Ralph died. Whatever criteria that is, is known only to Whaley. And Whaley's reasoning likely hasn't changed, because his fate is decided by Russ Brandon. And Brandon loves Whaley, so as long as Russ is there, Whaley is safe. And since it's unlikely Russ is going anywhere (quickly), every domino below him stays standing.

YardRat
10-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Russ picked Whaley, and loves the guy, so Whaley isn't going anywhere. So, Marrone's only leaving if it's football related, and at 3-2, with the division in play?

I honestly don't know how much time Pegs spends around the Sabres, but IMO a regular ownership presence in and around the buildings is a huge step to setting the tone, direction, and philosophy of an organization. It definitely makes a difference. Not a criticism, but with Ralph's age and health the last several years it is something the team has been lacking.

I know some really despise Brandon, but if the trend upward continues for the team, don't discount the influence he has had by possessing the keys to the kingdom, and being in the offices every day.

imbondz
10-08-2014, 06:37 PM

It usually isn't that successful when a guy comes out of long retirement like this.

exactly

Don't Panic
10-08-2014, 06:58 PM
I think Cowhers waiting for the Giants job.

pmoon6
10-10-2014, 03:56 AM
Never wanted Cowher, never wanted Shanahan, and still don't.

After one full season last year and five games this season, I like the job this group is doing.Personally, I wanted Marty Shottenheimer after the Chargers dumped him for posting a 14-2 season and then losing in the playoffs due to a series of lucky plays by NE.

Of course, Marty was pretty long in tooth even then, but it would have been cool to have a guy that started his professional career in Buffalo come back to coach his old team....and he still was a good coach regardless of his playoff failures. Brian Billick would have been a solid choice as well.

If you look at Cowher, he put good, competitive teams on the field, but the only time he won it all was when the refs shafted the Seahawks with a series of questionable calls and non-calls. Now, the same people that dismiss Marty for not winning it all, think Cowher is some sort of God or the second coming of Vince Lombardi. I love Cowher, but a coach needs alot of luck to win the Super Bowl....and players.

swiper
10-10-2014, 04:38 AM

Mike Florio channeling conjecture from Graham? Silly.

swiper
10-10-2014, 04:39 AM
Personally, I wanted Marty Shottenheimer after the Chargers dumped him for posting a 14-2 season and then losing in the playoffs due to a series of lucky plays by NE.

Of course, Marty was pretty long in tooth even then, but it would have been cool to have a guy that started his professional career in Buffalo come back to coach his old team....and he still was a good coach regardless of his playoff failures. Brian Billick would have been a solid choice as well.

If you look at Cowher, he put good, competitive teams on the field, but the only time he won it all was when the refs shafted the Seahawks with a series of questionable calls and non-calls. Now, the same people that dismiss Marty for not winning it all, think Cowher is some sort of God or the second coming of Vince Lombardi. I love Cowher, but a coach needs alot of luck to win the Super Bowl....and players.

Schottenheimer we agree on. Would have been a great match in Buffalo.

The Doc
10-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Now that Doug has a competent QB then lets see what he can do. No changes should be made if this team wins 10 games...looking at the schedule I'm surprisingly optimistic.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Hiring a coach who's been out of football for 8 years is a guaranteed ticket to the Super Bowl.

Joe, I'll Gibbs you that.

Buffalogic
11-14-2014, 01:39 PM
So how do we feel about this now? Much better I presume!

better days
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
For those that don't want a retread, I submit Bill Belichick & Pete Carroll as two retreads that have been pretty successful.

trapezeus
11-14-2014, 03:52 PM
those retreads didn't win it all. they still had something to prove.

the guys who have won it all, have never done it again with a second team. the only guy who came close was parcells. but he eventually just got lesser and lesser results.

Buffalogic
11-14-2014, 04:03 PM
There has been many coaches that were a HC on two superbowl teams. Their second team didn't win, but it got there. We haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years and we are counting out successful head coaches because they went back to the superbowl with a new team, just didn't win it. I really want to slap half of the posters on here sometimes.

sudzy
11-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Pipe dream. Cowher is not coming here.

Buffalogic
11-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Pipe dream. Cowher is not coming here.
Thanks for that riveting comment with 0 factual backing.

Mace
11-14-2014, 06:13 PM
If Cowher comes back I think it will be as GM of a southern team near home.

The thing most people avoid is that Cowher (unable to return, his wife was dying) advised us to get Gailey, who was arguably ok at offense but incapable of hiring a defensive coordinator. Gailey had an ok offense by current standards, using what he had (great freaking line coach in D'Alessandris) but it was a step behind and not enough to keep up in the modern game (if with a GM who could not give him a QB, but it seems hard to believe Gailey ever took a stand on it).

He's out of touch now as a coach, and his best uncertain skill as a potential GM would be finding an in tune coach and giving him control, which I don't really see by his network comments, which always seem a step behind to me.

No problem if Pegula is picking his brain and getting some background, but there are even way better consultants to hire now to build a team for the modern game.

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2014, 09:51 PM

Soooooo, Cowher forgot how to coach in those 10 years?

Mr. Miyagi
11-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Soooooo, Cowher forgot how to coach in those 10 years?
How did Joe Gibbs do when he went back to Washington?

BertSquirtgum
11-14-2014, 11:47 PM

How does anyone do in Washington?

Dr. Lecter
11-15-2014, 06:55 AM
There has been many coaches that were a HC on two superbowl teams. Their second team didn't win, but it got there. We haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years and we are counting out successful head coaches because they went back to the superbowl with a new team, just didn't win it. I really want to slap half of the posters on here sometimes.

Because some of us don't just want to get there. We want to win. And have long term success.

There seems to be a love of bringing in names from the past to this team. They way most franchises have success is to move forward and bring in the sharpest fresh and new minds.

Just as I don't want Polian back at all, I don't want a name like Cowher.

Move forward, not go back to the past. Blaze a new trail of success.

BOBM253
11-15-2014, 07:01 AM
I really think Gailey would do wonders with Orton and Watkins. Bring him back as OC. I know - it won't happen, just dreaming

swiper
11-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Thanks for that riveting comment with 0 factual backing.

As opposed to a bunch of ******s over-reacting to Pegula shaking hands with Cowher? Look in the mirror.

We went through this before. Shannahan. Cowher. And we got Gailey.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-15-2014, 07:52 AM
How does anyone do in Washington?

How does anyone do in buffalo?

WagonCircler
11-15-2014, 08:17 AM

I'm on the fence about Cowher, but I'll counter your question with "How did Marv Levy do when he was picked up by Buffalo?"

He sure as hell wasn't going to the Hall of Fame before he came here.

Dr. Who
11-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Levy had coached at KC. Not done too well.
Belichick coached at Cleveland and sucked.
Neither would have been successful without Kelly; Brady.

An elite qb makes a team go. Don't know where we're going to find one.
It probably won't be popular, but I kinda think Josh McDaniel might turn out to be a good coach on the second go-round.

BuffaloRedleg
11-15-2014, 08:47 AM
I can't think of a single time a coach has come out of retirement for any significant period of time and was successful. The NFL has changed a lot.

Even if you leave on Xs and Os, just think about the generational change of players coming in the league. Why would he even want to coach some of these babies.

TacklingDummy
11-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Pegula may be eyeing Cowher

Pegula should do what he did with the Sabres (Nolan) and bring back Wade.

better days
11-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Pegula should do what he did with the Sabres (Nolan) and bring back Wade.

I would be very happy to see Wade back in Buffalo.

He should never have been fired from Buffalo or Dallas.

Both teams regressed after he left.

Dr. Who
11-15-2014, 09:57 AM
I think Wade has a better chance to succeed than Cowher. He's been in the game more recently and clearly has a desire to coach again.

Albany,n.y.
11-15-2014, 10:22 AM
I can't think of a single time a coach has come out of retirement for any significant period of time and was successful. The NFL has changed a lot.

Even if you leave on Xs and Os, just think about the generational change of players coming in the league. Why would he even want to coach some of these babies.

Dick Vermeil. Gone 15 years and then won the Super Bowl with STL.

kingJofNYC
11-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Some of you don't want to drop this dream. He's probably not going to coach again, ever. He was also heavily rumored for the Giants job a few years ago. I mean if we didn't hire him last go around why now? He doesn't want to coach. Let it go.

We missed our chances at landing a big fish when Harbaugh told us to **** off and we ended up with Gailey, and when Chip Kelly told us thanks but no thanks. Cowher's been away from the game for a while, and all his coordinators are elsewhere. What's funny is that two of his coordinators were once our head coaches.

Dr. Who
11-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Pretty sure Pegula can land a big fish.

swiper
11-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Levy had coached at KC. Not done too well.
Belichick coached at Cleveland and sucked.
Neither would have been successful without Kelly; Brady.

Bingo

swiper
11-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Pretty sure Pegula can land a big fish.

Dunno. As you, youself, said - you need a franchise QB. The Raiders are ahead of the Bills there. Any Big Fish would very likely want such a guy in place first.

sudzy
11-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Dunno. As you, youself, said - you need a franchise QB. The Raiders are ahead of the Bills there. Any Big Fish would very likely want such a guy in place first.

No franchise QB and no 1st round draft choice. And Buffalo isn't a high profile team. Big name coaches have big egos.

swiper
11-15-2014, 12:18 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120415132238/doratheexplorer/images/4/49/169830_10150098561681122_629911121_6337625_5802834_o.jpg

Buffalogic
11-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Because some of us don't just want to get there. We want to win. And have long term success.

There seems to be a love of bringing in names from the past to this team. They way most franchises have success is to move forward and bring in the sharpest fresh and new minds.

Just as I don't want Polian back at all, I don't want a name like Cowher.

Move forward, not go back to the past. Blaze a new trail of success.

That new trail lead us to a team that can't score touchdowns. We can't win it by not getting in the playoffs. Get in and anything can happen. He can get us there.

Buffalogic
11-15-2014, 12:35 PM
As opposed to a bunch of ******s over-reacting to Pegula shaking hands with Cowher? Look in the mirror.

We went through this before. Shannahan. Cowher. And we got Gailey.

This thread was made a month and a half before they shook hands buddy. Keep up.

Buffalogic
11-15-2014, 12:38 PM
No franchise QB and no 1st round draft choice. And Buffalo isn't a high profile team. Big name coaches have big egos.money talks. We got money.

sudzy
11-15-2014, 03:33 PM
money talks. We got money.

The Bills were willing to throw a ton of money at Mike Shanahan. And he didn't come here. Cowher seem to be happy with what he's doing and he's making plenty of money.
I think we've been here before and I just refuse to go through this again, when I know it's not going to happen.

swiper
11-15-2014, 04:51 PM
This thread was made a month and a half before they shook hands buddy. Keep up.

Which would make it exponentially more stupid.

paladin warrior
11-15-2014, 05:28 PM
That would be nice .

IlluminatusUIUC
11-15-2014, 10:03 PM

He went to the playoffs twice and has their only playoff win this century. He might have won another in 2007 if his best player wasn't murdered mid-season.

I think we are overstating how long ago 2006 was and how much has changed since then. People are talking about him like he's been unfrozen from the leather helmet days.

Cowher has coached against Belichick. He has coached against Andy Reid. He coached against Marvin Lewis. He coached against Rex Ryan (albeit as a coordinator). He coached against Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

If you want to draw a line in the sand which really differentiates this era, I'd say it was the Bill Polian inspired rule-tightening after the 2004 AFC Championship game. Cowher not only coached through that, he won his Super Bowl afterwards.

This is not to say that he's my first choice, but I would still be excited if we picked him up. Besides, a lot of coaches lead from the top, they don't necessarily micromanage all aspects of the game. He should bring in good coordinators rather than trying to get the gang from 1996 back together,

swiper
11-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Again, much of Cowher's successful style can be attributed to Whisenhunt and LeBeau doing the micromanaging.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Again, much of Cowher's successful style can be attributed to Whisenhunt and LeBeau doing the micromanaging.

Right, so if we found good coordinators he could be the man at the top.

better days
11-16-2014, 09:16 AM
The Bills were willing to throw a ton of money at Mike Shanahan. And he didn't come here. Cowher seem to be happy with what he's doing and he's making plenty of money.
I think we've been here before and I just refuse to go through this again, when I know it's not going to happen.

Who knows how much money the Bills were willing to pay Shannahan?

I would bet it was not as much as Danny boy & the Skins paid him...thank God.

And I'm not saying Cowher will Coach the Bills, not even sure if I would want him to.

But I am saying with Pegula as owner, the Bills have a much better chance to get the guy they want than they did in the past.

Ginger Vitis
11-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Cowher is making roughly 3.5 million a year from CBS.. Not sure why he would try to make twice that and go back to 100 hours of work a wek and incredible stress..Especially at the age of 57

better days
11-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Cowher is making roughly 3.5 million a year from CBS.. Not sure why he would try to make twice that and go back to 100 hours of work a wek and incredible stress..Especially at the age of 57

Some guys like Bill Parcells have that competitive fire that can't be quenched by sitting in a broadcasters booth.

I don't think Cowher has that fire.

Buffalogic
11-16-2014, 11:49 AM
BingoExcept belichick went to the playoffs at 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Ginger Vitis
11-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Except belichick went to the playoffs at 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Nope..11-5 in 2008 but the Pats missed the Playoffs that year

ublinkwescore
11-16-2014, 02:00 PM
What is mike shanahan doing these days? I wonder if he would be interested in coaching his way back into an hc position as an o coordinator...

pmoon6
11-16-2014, 02:01 PM
What is mike shanahan doing these days? I wonder if he would be interested in coaching his way back into an hc position as an o coordinator...Shanahan took a **** when they outlawed the chop block.

Buffalogic
11-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Nope..11-5 in 2008 but the Pats missed the Playoffs that year
Oh ya. Point remains, 11-5 is good without Brady.

stuckincincy
11-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Over 14 years as HC, C-Lips won 1 bowl during the Jerome Bettis Victory Tour season, one SB against SEA which years later the refs said was tainted. SEA got paid back last SB, of course.

Cower now hawks for Time-Warner cable, in addition to his commentary gigs.

No thanks. He coached in an era when coaches could force players to run practice things like tackling drills, pass defense hits on receivers, run blocking and the like.

Uncle Jesse
11-16-2014, 03:01 PM
This Cowher **** is still around? Give it up people..haha.