PDA

View Full Version : Push Needed to Extend Spikes

Thundering Buffalo
10-08-2014, 07:04 PM
One of the main reasons the Bills are #1 in run defense is because of Spikes, he loves Buffalo, he's an official member of the Mafia, hopefully now that the Pegula's are in place as new owners extending Spikes and Dareus becomes a top priority!

Novacane
10-08-2014, 07:21 PM
And Hughes. This defense is going to get expensive.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Pegula is cheap, just practicing. :D

YardRat
10-08-2014, 07:25 PM
And Hughes. This defense is going to get expensive.

I'd rather spend it on defense, than a QB.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Kim is cheap

Downinfloflo
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Kim is cheap

That's not what Terry said.

Skooby
10-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Cap's going up, we're going to use it.

casdhf
10-09-2014, 07:49 AM
We are going to have a few players to pay of the next few years. With the development of our DL, it doesn't look like Kyle is going to get an extension ... even though he has always been underpaid.

Dareus, Hughes, Bradham all sooner rather than later.

Cordy glen is next year right?

Forward_Lateral
10-09-2014, 08:08 AM
I like Spikes, and would love it if he stayed, but he's probably the most replaceable member of the Defense. Alonso will be back next year, and they will probably kick Bradham or Brown inside to MLB if Spikes leaves.

Thundering Buffalo
10-09-2014, 08:25 AM
I like Spikes, and would love it if he stayed, but he's probably the most replaceable member of the Defense. Alonso will be back next year, and they will probably kick Bradham or Brown inside to MLB if Spikes leaves.

Not sold on Brown yet Bradham definitely an outside backer need a stud presence in the middle, Spikes leadership and intensity wont be replaced by either of those two players and moving Kiko back inside would be s mistake due to durability

kingJofNYC
10-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Preston Brown gets more snaps. Spikes is one and done I'm afraid. Hughes is much more important. We should draft another LB this year too. Keith Rivers isn't a solution either.

casdhf
10-09-2014, 08:33 AM
I like Kiko and Bradham outside with Spikes inside one more year and Brown in the wings.

Fletch
10-09-2014, 09:27 AM
One of the main reasons the Bills are #1 in run defense is because of Spikes, he loves Buffalo, he's an official member of the Mafia, hopefully now that the Pegula's are in place as new owners extending Spikes and Dareus becomes a top priority!

I would argue that the main reason why we are #1 in run defense is because we've had the privilege of playing against the following RBs posing as starters:

George Winn
Lamar Miller
Donald Brown
Foster at reduced effectiveness, Alfred Blue otherwise

Forte had no troubles running on us.

Fletch
10-09-2014, 09:31 AM
We are going to have a few players to pay of the next few years. With the development of our DL, it doesn't look like Kyle is going to get an extension ... even though he has always been underpaid.

I agree that he's been underpaid, especially when you put his contributions and pay next to Mario's. Kyle should have gotten Mario's money instead. Not that he's worth that much but Mario isn't.

Either way, Kyle's got a couple more seasons left on his existing extension I think and he'll be 32 next season. I think that'll be the end of it for him.

better days
10-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Preston Brown gets more snaps. Spikes is one and done I'm afraid. Hughes is much more important. We should draft another LB this year too. Keith Rivers isn't a solution either.

For the first five games, Spikes has been on the field for 51% of the snaps.

Thundering Buffalo
10-09-2014, 12:38 PM
We can get the money restructuring Mario's deal and spending closer to top of the cap which Ralph hesitated to do

better days
10-09-2014, 12:50 PM
I would argue that the main reason why we are #1 in run defense is because we've had the privilege of playing against the following RBs posing as starters:

George Winn
Lamar Miller
Donald Brown
Foster at reduced effectiveness, Alfred Blue otherwise

Forte had no troubles running on us.

Reggie Bush played for much of the Billls- Lions game.

And Forte's stats are included in the Bills defensive stats.