PDA

View Full Version : New Stadium Question #1 Poll

coastal
10-09-2014, 06:11 AM
I'll be posting poll questions as part of a new series related to a potential new Bills' stadium...

this is one is very simple...

natural grass or turf?

TacklingDummy
10-09-2014, 06:13 AM
The new looking turf everyone seems to be using.

With a dome over it.

coastal
10-09-2014, 06:28 AM
The new looking turf everyone seems to be using.I'm a traditionalist..

If Green Bay can have grass... so can we.

btw... here's an interesting link about a possible tie to the artificial turf fill and cancer.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/how-safe-artificial-turf-your-child-plays-n220166

"How Safe Is the Artificial Turf Your Child Plays On?

<address class="stack-byline-spread visible-sm" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-style: normal; font-size: 0.8125rem; line-height: 1.25rem; margin-bottom: 1rem; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: proxima_nova_ltsemibold, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; position: relative; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">BY HANNAH RAPPLEYE</address>Soccer coach Amy Griffin was in a Seattle hospital visiting a young goalie who was receiving chemotherapy when a nurse said something that made the hair on Griffin’s neck stand up.
It was 2009. Two young female goalies Griffin knew had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Griffin, associate head coach for the University of Washington’s women’s soccer team, had started to visit the women and other athletes in local hospitals, helping them pass the time during chemo with war stories from her three decades of coaching."

...more...

Skooby
10-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Is it what I'd like to have or what we're going to have ? I'd like grass but we're getting Bumper turf.

better days
10-09-2014, 07:19 AM
I think the surface depends on if the Stadium is open air or a Dome.

I think that is the first question that should be asked.

Skooby
10-09-2014, 07:21 AM

It'll be a retractable dome, that's a given.

casdhf
10-09-2014, 07:34 AM
I like a dirty uniform. Grass for me.

Historian
10-09-2014, 08:41 AM
dome

imbondz
10-09-2014, 08:44 AM
I want to be a billionaire owner and decide on a retractible roof or not. those are the decisions I was born to make.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Grass, several cold weather markets have it, Green Bay, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh to name a few. Its just better for the game.

Fletch
10-09-2014, 09:01 AM
I'm a traditionalist..

If Green Bay can have grass... so can we.

btw... here's an interesting link about a possible tie to the artificial turf fill and cancer.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/how-safe-artificial-turf-your-child-plays-n220166

"How Safe Is the Artificial Turf Your Child Plays On?

<address class="stack-byline-spread visible-sm" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-style: normal; font-size: 0.8125rem; line-height: 1.25rem; margin-bottom: 1rem; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: proxima_nova_ltsemibold, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; position: relative; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">BY HANNAH RAPPLEYE</address>Soccer coach Amy Griffin was in a Seattle hospital visiting a young goalie who was receiving chemotherapy when a nurse said something that made the hair on Griffin’s neck stand up.
It was 2009. Two young female goalies Griffin knew had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Griffin, associate head coach for the University of Washington’s women’s soccer team, had started to visit the women and other athletes in local hospitals, helping them pass the time during chemo with war stories from her three decades of coaching."

...more...

That's interesting. Not surprising. A lot of people don't realize that all of the fire ******ant materials in furniture like mattresses and sofas also transmit to the body over the years and are carcinogenic.

Fletch
10-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Make sure you include something about ample space to tailgate in one of your polls. I'm curious how many people care about the tailgating tradition. To me it's huge.

coastal
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM

Start your own series troll.

Night Train
10-09-2014, 10:21 AM
dome

It has to be, if it's downtown. (and it will be)

You can use it for so much more than NFL football. Can host a minor college bowl game, concerts, conventions etc.

Anyone visit the Browns stadium in Cleveland lately, during the winter ? You root for death before ever making that mistake twice.

Night Train
10-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I haven't voted on grass since High School in the 70's.

Panama Red or Columbian Gold were the choices back then.

coastal
10-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Here's an interesting article where a local community is coming out agaisnt the use of artificial turf at a local field...

http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/upper_capemay/turf-war-breaks-out-as-o-c-moves-to-replace/article_5b24b0ae-49ba-11e4-a2ed-cfd71b824aa6.html?mode=jqm

"Turf war breaks out as O.C. moves to replace grass at city field
OCEAN CITY — Council’s decision last week to put $1.75 million in funding in place as it considers installing artificial turf at Carey Stadium has some residents digging in against the proposal.

http://imagec18.247realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/default/empty.gif (http://ads.bhmedianetwork.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/pressofatlanticcity.com/mobile_adv/communities/upper_capemay/1860378450/Position3/default/empty.gif/527348595346513275596f41426b4634?x)

Suzanne Hornick, a mother of football-playing sons, said the chemical exposure and health risks the rubber surface poses are deterrents beyond the initial cost to install the turf. Lead dust and zinc hazards, latex allergies, increased risk of skin infections and heat stress are among her long list of concerns.

“Many NFL players and teams have publically stated a preference for natural grass,” she wrote in a four-page handout she shared at the Sept. 25 City Council meeting. “So why would America’s Greatest Family Resort even think about installing something that will cause health and environmental problems for our children?”

sukie
10-09-2014, 11:06 AM
So rubber is an issue? are Sears auto guys falling ill?

bleve
10-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Old School

Buffalogic
10-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Grass fields cause way too many injuries. Pretty sure Houston and Pit have grass fields and everyone is always blowing acl's there untouched.

DraftBoy
10-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Synthetic Field Turf without a doubt.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Grass, several cold weather markets have it, Green Bay, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh to name a few. Its just better for the game.

Chicago and Washington also have Grass and their fields are complete garbage. Pittsburgh and Green Bay were voted among the worst surfaces in the league by the players (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/1145/nfl-s-best-and-worst-surfaces)

sukie
10-09-2014, 02:45 PM
I thought it was artificial turf that caused injuries because it fails to give

Grass fields cause way too many injuries. Pretty sure Houston and Pit have grass fields and everyone is always blowing acl's there untouched.

Buffalogic
10-09-2014, 03:05 PM
I thought it was artificial turf that caused injuries because it fails to giveGrass is harder to maintain evenly so potholes develop in the field and their feet get stuck. Houston was where Welker as a patriot blew his knee out and Clowney hurt his knee there in the same fashion. Both untouched.

YardRat
10-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Give me the fake stuff. As a traditionalist I prefer grass, but the pragmatist in me is screaming synthetic turf.

cookie G
10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Thumbtacks!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d7OgrDS3-Dg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

better days
10-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Give me the fake stuff. As a traditionalist I prefer grass, but the pragmatist in me is screaming synthetic turf.

I would love to see REAL grass, but if it is a Dome, even with a retractable roof, I think synthetic is more practical.

coastal
10-10-2014, 06:16 AM
Get your votes in zoners.

We're building a stadium here.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Retractable dome with turf.