PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure Sammy should say they KNEW Revis is going to shadow him this Sunday

ghz in pittsburgh
10-09-2014, 06:23 AM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/sammy_watkins_darrelle_revis_mike_williams.html

You usually don't give out anything before a game.

GreedoII
10-09-2014, 07:06 AM
I don't think it matters. Revis is covering him..everybody knows and NE doesn't care if everybody knows it.

Skooby
10-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Edit: He's going to try & cover him.

casdhf
10-09-2014, 07:32 AM
How has Revis looked thus far? I haven't watched one down of Patriot football (it's been great).

streetkings01
10-09-2014, 08:18 AM
How has Revis looked thus far? I haven't watched one down of Patriot football (it's been great).He did a great job against Green, his TD was when Revis left briefly for a minor injury.

Living in Jets/Giants country I've seen alot of Revis...........he shuts down bigger recievers like Megatron/Green/VJax but can struggle at times against shiftier faster recievers like Wallace/Brown/Djax/Stevie. Me personally I think he locks down Watkins and frustrates him the whole game.

Meathead
10-09-2014, 09:03 AM
breaking news: bills say they will try to pressure marcia

Fletch
10-09-2014, 09:04 AM
I don't think it matters. Revis is covering him..everybody knows and NE doesn't care if everybody knows it.

Exactly. They're not putting Revis on Williams or Woods.

THRILLHO
10-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Wait. He didn't say he is going to try and catch the ball did he? Cause then we'd really be screwed.

Buffalogic
10-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Revis is hard to consistently beat so if Sammy makes an impact it is going to have to be one or two big plays. Revis is vulnerable to the big play occasionally.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-09-2014, 11:31 AM
So, I know that you intend to have Revis cover Watkins. But since you know I know you intend that, you know I will gameplan to throw to Woods so you will switch Revis to cover Woods. But since I know that you know that I know that you intend that, I will throw it to Watkins. But since you know that I know that you know that I know you intend that, you will switch Revis back to Watkins. But since you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you intend that, I will throw it to Woods.

Well played, Mr. Belichick. Never go against a Sicilian with the game on the line.
http://pooboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/wallace-shawn-as-vizzini-princess-bride.jpg

Meathead
10-09-2014, 12:21 PM
lol very nice

better days
10-09-2014, 12:58 PM
There is speculation in N.E. about how Sammy & the Bills found out about this.

And they said in was important information that got leaked either to Spikes or Pepper by friends of theirs.

Buffalogic
10-09-2014, 01:00 PM
^Some disgruntled employees spilling the beans? Sweet.

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/sammy_watkins_darrelle_revis_mike_williams.html

You usually don't give out anything before a game.

Are you serious?

Goobylal
10-09-2014, 01:32 PM
That Revis will be covering Sammy isn't exactly breaking news. Bellychick said that Sammy is Larry Fitzgerald-like and obviously he'd want Revis covering a guy like that.

better days
10-09-2014, 01:49 PM
That Revis will be covering Sammy isn't exactly breaking news. Bellychick said that Sammy is Larry Fitzgerald-like and obviously he'd want Revis covering a guy like that.

The Pats* had Revis cover Green man to man against the Bengals.

The games before that, Revis played zone on one side of the field.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Are you serious?

Are you kidding me? These are secrets, even though you think is obvious.

There are many ways to take out a receiver. Using one corner to follow him around is one way. During Revis' Jets days, he often tasked to take away half the field - whoever came to his side. As an offense, if I know Revis is covering Watkins whereever he goes, I can schema some rubs etc. to take advantage of it.

streetkings01
10-09-2014, 02:13 PM

The games before that, Revis played zone on one side of the field.Green>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bowe

better days
10-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Green>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bowe

Agreed, And Revis is better in man coverage than he is in zone as well.

DynaPaul
10-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Like NE is one to make a stink about private information found out before a game.

YardRat
10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Even if this double-secret confidential strategy wasn't leaked, it would take the players, coaching staff, and even the average fan exactly two plays to figure it out on Sunday.

Goobylal
10-09-2014, 04:57 PM

The games before that, Revis played zone on one side of the field.
When he was playing zone, was it on the side of the field with the opposing team's best WR?

better days
10-09-2014, 05:09 PM
When he was playing zone, was it on the side of the field with the opposing team's best WR?

When he was with the Bucs, he stayed on one side of the field no matter who was on that side.

I think that was the case in N.E. as well but not positive about that.

OpIv37
10-09-2014, 06:43 PM
So far everyone has missed the obvious.

Stevie had a reputation for getting the better of Revis. I think Revis held him in check in the most recent game, but more often than not, Stevie got the better of him.

The Bills decided they'd rather have Watkins than Stevie and once again, we have to play Revis twice. It'll be interesting to see if Watkins can continue Stevie's success against him.

That being said, I expect Revis to win this one on experience alone.

The Jokeman
10-09-2014, 06:45 PM
As eluded in the Princess Bride post perhaps the Bills are challenging the Patriots to put Revis on Watkins because they have a ploy to feature someone else in the passing game. Maybe this is the week we see Chandler wake up as he seems to do well against the Patriots most games as does Freddie Jackson. Yet I'd love to see another WR (Mike Williams or Robert Woods) step up as it make our offense that much better.

The Jokeman
10-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Green>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bowe

Green's injured so he not playing at full speed. In the games the Patriots have lost this season it's due to the Dolphins and KC had strong running attacks. On paper we have one but quite frankly watching it week in week out it doesn't look as strong on the field. I want to believe we can win this game as it seems like the right time to do so but until I see on the field I hold my reservations on Sunday.

YardRat
10-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Belichek is notorious for game-planning to completely take away one aspect of an opponent's offense and challenging them to beat him with other players.

Will be interesting to see how Sammy stacks up...and much of that depends on how and when Orton delivers the ball when he has the opportunity. This is a huge game for the kid, it very well could legitimize the daring move up to get him.

The Jokeman
10-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Belichek is notorious for game-planning to completely take away one aspect of an opponent's offense and challenging them to beat him with other players.

Will be interesting to see how Sammy stacks up...and much of that depends on how and when Orton delivers the ball when he has the opportunity. This is a huge game for the kid, it very well could legitimize the daring move up to get him.

That's the exact reason I want someone else to step up. To me this is a game where Mike Williams be ideal to step up; he went 5 for 65 last year against the Pats last year with Josh Freeman tossing it to him.

better days
10-10-2014, 08:27 AM
That's the exact reason I want someone else to step up. To me this is a game where Mike Williams be ideal to step up; he went 5 for 65 last year against the Pats last year with Josh Freeman tossing it to him.

I want to see Orton spread the ball around like he did last week & like Brady does all the time.

A LONG pass to Goodwin for a TD while Revis is covering Sammy.

Woods, Mike Williams, CJ, Freddie, Chandler, Gragg..............the Bills have too many weapons for the Pats* to cover them all.

The King
10-10-2014, 08:42 AM
I suspect Watkins will be held to 2-3 catches. It's the big guys like Chandler and Williams who have the advantage, they need to win their match-ups. And Chandler typically does against NE. Don't count out Flash either… KO wants to get him the ball.

tomz
10-10-2014, 09:12 AM
It remains to be seen whether we will ever commit to the run or whether we will continue to outsmart ourselves.

Typ0
10-10-2014, 09:43 AM
This is a challenge and I look forward to the kid making the vet look like chump change.