• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

cincy question - bills related

when the pats played cincy, they seemed to have their way with them. what's the story on cincy? is their front 4 on D not so good? can we expect our first 5 games performance from the DL to continue?

was that literally just a choke job by cincy or did their weakness get exploited and do we have any of those similar weaknesses?

from the first 4 pats games i thought, they have no receiving corp and no OL...and i thought we could have a field day on Sunday. Now i'm curious what the pats really changed to go from being beaten so badly in KC to having such a stellar day from an undefeated team.

thoughts?
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: cincy question - bills related

I think Cincy is a very complete team, but they played flat. They got off to a bad start, and never recovered. Also, I credit for NE for fixing mistakes. There pass protection was immensely better vs Cincy as opposed to KC. Their defense was also significantly better. Cincy under prepared and played scared, and NE was prepared, and took advantage of it.

Against us, I say we see the NE team that we are accustomed to. Our defense will need to put pressure on Brady, and limit big plays. Our offense will need to run the ball effectively, and keep the offense on the field and the defense rested. If we have 3 and outs and the defense is winded, Brady will have a field day.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

Cincy is a good team, but they seem to always wilt when the spotlight is brighter.

It's always tough being the road team for a prime time night game. I think Cincy just had a bad night like the Pats did the week before. I think the Pats were pretty pissed and embarrassed after that KC game and were determined to have a strong game.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

It's not even going to be close, we're going to smoke them from opening drive to 0:00 left.

not worried one bit.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

For one thing, the Patriots were able to run all over the Bengals; in fact, Cincy has given up 5-yards-per-carry against the run this year so far. The Patriots ran for 220 yards this past week. That shouldn't happen with the Bills with their improved run defense. For that matter, the Bills defense is currently number 1 in the league for stopping teams on 3rd down, letting opposing offenses convert less than 32% of the time.

Of course, Tom Brady and the passing offense looked a lot better too. But when you are able to run like that, it tends to loosen things up in the passing game, especially with a guy like Brady.

The Patriots aren't as bad as they looked against the Chiefs, and they aren't as good as what they looked like against the Bengals.

IMO, this is a winnable game.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Cinci is SOFT up the middle.

Buffalo is NOT.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

good point on cincy with 5ypc average on d. i just hope our ability to stop gronkowski isn't combined with taking some of the heat off our pass rush.

i tend to think this will be a close game if both teams play well. if one just melts down, then i can see it getting ugly (both ways). Brady doesn't like contact and i think our d has the capability to put the hurt on guys. all the games thus far, they've gotten to the QB. i don't see anything talent wise on the pats that should stop that. it'd be great to have k williams back, even for a limited roll on sunday.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                good point on cincy with 5ypc average on d. i just hope our ability to stop gronkowski isn't combined with taking some of the heat off our pass rush.

i tend to think this will be a close game if both teams play well. if one just melts down, then i can see it getting ugly (both ways). Brady doesn't like contact and i think our d has the capability to put the hurt on guys. all the games thus far, they've gotten to the QB. i don't see anything talent wise on the pats that should stop that. it'd be great to have k williams back, even for a limited roll on sunday.
                The Bills are tied with the Jets for first place with 17 Sacks after 5 games played.

Comment

• chris66
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  when the pats played cincy, they seemed to have their way with them. what's the story on cincy? is their front 4 on D not so good? can we expect our first 5 games performance from the DL to continue?

was that literally just a choke job by cincy or did their weakness get exploited and do we have any of those similar weaknesses?

from the first 4 pats games i thought, they have no receiving corp and no OL...and i thought we could have a field day on Sunday. Now i'm curious what the pats really changed to go from being beaten so badly in KC to having such a stellar day from an undefeated team.

thoughts?
                  Pats rolled out a new middle of the oline with Stork at center, conelly and Wendell at guard. Stork and Wendell were mauling guys.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                    Pats rolled out a new middle of the oline with Stork at center, conelly and Wendell at guard. Stork and Wendell were mauling guys.
                    Well, I can't wait to see how well they match up against the Bills DL.

Comment

• chris66
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Well, I can't wait to see how well they match up against the Bills DL.
                      they traditionally match up well. I hope kyle Williams is back, he is not as good a run stuffer as Charles is. He is quicker, but Charles has more beef.
                      I expect the Pats to play a lot of two te sets, keeping Spikes on the field and having to cover a te or back

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Going to be interesting to see how Schwartz matches up against the two TE set. We need to get pressure, early and often, and all day long. If we don't, even with 'no receivers' those two guys could give us fits.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• chris66
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          Going to be interesting to see how Schwartz matches up against the two TE set. We need to get pressure, early and often, and all day long. If we don't, even with 'no receivers' those two guys could give us fits.
                          the teams match up pretty well. I just hope that the Pats dont get forced into playing a 3-4 like they did against miami and the chiefs when chris jones was hurt

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                            they traditionally match up well. I hope kyle Williams is back, he is not as good a run stuffer as Charles is. He is quicker, but Charles has more beef.
                            I expect the Pats to play a lot of two te sets, keeping Spikes on the field and having to cover a te or back
                            I expect the Pats* to play two TE sets as well.

It is their best option with the mediocre WR's they have.

Thompkins is not playing as well as last year, and Dobson is not setting the World on fire either.

Wright on the other hand looks like a GOOD replacement for Hernandez.

Sorry the Bucs had to give him up, but happy to get Mankins in return.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

By the way, Spikes has a sack & a forced fumble & has been decent against the pass.

He made a nice play against the Lions on a pass play last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X