PDA

View Full Version : Police Catch Laser Guy

Night Train
10-09-2014, 01:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11669862/police-catch-alleged-laser-culprit-detroit-lions-game

coastal
10-09-2014, 01:45 PM
What's the crime?

feldspar
10-09-2014, 01:53 PM
What's the crime?

The crime is you not clicking the link and read the article to find out his punishment and citations.

It'll take you about ten seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark Beslach was issued a misdemeanor citation for disorderly conduct and will have to appear in court and likely pay a small fine. Meanwhile, the Lions also announced the season ticket holder whose ticket was used by Beslach will have tickets revoked for the rest of the 2014 season.

Police confiscated the laser pen Beslach allegedly used after tracking him through social media, where he apparently boasted about the incident.

...the Lions subsequently banned him from attending all future events there indefinitely.

bf1
10-09-2014, 01:59 PM
dumb **** deletes his twitter, facebook, keeps laser.

casdhf
10-09-2014, 02:06 PM
They revoked the season tickets for the guy that owned them ... that's brutal if he wasn't there lol

better days
10-09-2014, 02:12 PM
They revoked the season tickets for the guy that owned them ... that's brutal if he wasn't there lol

I think it would depend on if he knew the IDIOT or not that used his tickets.

If he sold them to a stranger, everyone needs to be forewarned this could happen.

In either case, I would sue the IDIOT that caused the tickets to be revoked if I were the owner of the tickets.

feldspar
10-09-2014, 02:18 PM

No doubt.

The way they worded it in the article made it sound like it wasn't Mark Beslach's season tickets. Sounds like they took away somebody else's tickets. Maybe THAT person was there, and if he/she was, then that person probably knew what Mark Beslach was up to. If the season ticket holder WASN'T there and didn't know, that person must be pretty pissed at old Mark.

Either way, you gotta send a message if you are the NFL. They did the right thing IMO. Hilarious that the Bills won anyway, especially the way they did.

bf1
10-09-2014, 02:30 PM
The article makes it like it was great police work catching the guy. I have google too.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2014, 02:31 PM

Not sure why they are punishing the season ticket holder. It wasn't his fault.

better days
10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Not sure why they are punishing the season ticket holder. It wasn't his fault.

I believe the thought is the ticket owner is responsible for whoever uses his ticket.

Bill Cody
10-09-2014, 02:39 PM
This guy got off easy. I mean he's not trying to take a jumbo jet down but he could have gotten Orton hurt as well as altered the outcome of the game- millions of $ bet on it no doubt. Appear in court and pay a small fine? Slap on the wrist. The law should be updated for this kind of behavior, he should be in the slammer right now preferably in a Buffalo jail.

feldspar
10-09-2014, 02:39 PM
I believe the thought is the ticket owner is responsible for whoever uses his ticket.

Exactly.

sukie
10-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Exactly.

So if I buy a ticket on the NFLs ticket exchange I can get the season ticket holder that sold the set bounced?

better days
10-09-2014, 02:52 PM
So if I buy a ticket on the NFLs ticket exchange I can get the season ticket holder that sold the set bounced?

I think that would depend on if you bought it off of him directly or he sold it to you through an NFL approved third party.

sukie
10-09-2014, 02:55 PM
I mentioned the NFLs ticket exchange on purpose

better days
10-09-2014, 02:58 PM
I mentioned the NFLs ticket exchange on purpose

OK, then I doubt the tickets would be revoked because the NFL would know ALL ABOUT you.

You would be the only one in trouble & probably never get into an NFL Stadium again unless you bought tickets from a scalper.

feldspar
10-09-2014, 03:20 PM
OK, then I doubt the tickets would be revoked because the NFL would know ALL ABOUT you.

You would be the only one in trouble & probably never get into an NFL Stadium again unless you bought tickets from a scalper.

Michigan is actually one of the states that restrict scalping, I think. It's a misdemeanor in some places. It depends on the circumstances, but you have guys that buy a whole bunch of tickets for the purpose of selling them at inflated prices. I'm not on board with that, anyway. Those guys get what they get.

If it comes to a police investigation, I'm pretty sure those authorities wouldn't find it too difficult to discover whether the seller actually knows the buyer at all. Best be careful who you sell your tickets to if they actually might be trying to sabotage the game somehow. Of course, the particulars are important.

But I don't think it should matter how you got the tickets if it's established that you are the one that deliberately pointed the laser.

No, not if it's NFL regulated.

DetDannyWilliams
10-09-2014, 03:21 PM
This is the same punishment that the idiot Bills fan got for sliding down the railing and falling from the 300 level and onto two Bills fans in the 200 level and injuring them

feldspar
10-09-2014, 03:30 PM
This is the same punishment that the idiot Bills fan got for sliding down the railing and falling from the 300 level and onto two Bills fans in the 200 level and injuring them

That guy also got fired from his job.

Dunno what else...whether he had pay for anything...

YardRat
10-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Ahhh...disorderly conduct...nice catch-all.

better days
10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Michigan is actually one of the states that restrict scalping, I think. It's a misdemeanor in some places. It depends on the circumstances, but you have guys that buy a whole bunch of tickets for the purpose of selling them at inflated prices. I'm not on board with that, anyway. Those guys get what they get.

If it comes to a police investigation, I'm pretty sure those authorities wouldn't find it too difficult to discover whether the seller actually knows the buyer at all. Best be careful who you sell your tickets to if they actually might be trying to sabotage the game somehow. Of course, the particulars are important.

But I don't think it should matter how you got the tickets if it's established that you are the one that deliberately pointed the laser.

No, not if it's NFL regulated.

I never bought scalped tickets to a Bills game, but I remember doing that often in the EARLY days of the Sabres back when they played at the Aud & seating was limited & demand was high.

swiper
10-09-2014, 05:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11669862/police-catch-alleged-laser-culprit-detroit-lions-game

Great news.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2014, 06:30 PM

Probably but how's he responsible for someone else's actions?

Meathead
10-09-2014, 06:38 PM

seems stupid to me. do they hold the ticket booth clerk responsible if a walk up buyer turns out to be a dick?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Maybe they talked to the seller and he was a dick

better days
10-10-2014, 03:04 AM
Probably but how's he responsible for someone else's actions?

It looks like the owner of the tickets has a relationship with the guy that used them.

Possibly father & son.

Like I said, the owner of the tickets is responsible for the actions of whoever uses them.

Even if the owner sold the tickets on stub hub....from what I have read.

TacklingDummy
10-10-2014, 06:35 AM
So if you buy a gun and sell it, that person uses it in a massacre, it's the original owners fault?

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2014, 06:40 AM
This guy got off easy. I mean he's not trying to take a jumbo jet down but he could have gotten Orton hurt as well as altered the outcome of the game- millions of $ bet on it no doubt. Appear in court and pay a small fine? Slap on the wrist. The law should be updated for this kind of behavior, he should be in the slammer right now preferably in a Buffalo jail.

Is today overreaction Monday?

better days
10-10-2014, 06:42 AM
So if you buy a gun and sell it, that person uses it in a massacre, it's the original owners fault?

Well, people have sued gun companies before.

If you sell the gun to a gangsta thug, yes it is the original owners fault.

And would anyone here like to have season tickets next to someone that sells or gives them away to an IDIOT every game?

justasportsfan
10-10-2014, 08:39 AM
What's the crime?

being stupid enough to post on social media what you did is the crime.