PDA

View Full Version : The difference of a QB

ghz in pittsburgh
10-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't necessarily believe the Colts overall talent is better than the Bills, but they have Luck. Look how calm he did against Watt and Houston's pressure.

It reminds me of the Bills game two weeks ago. Can't run the ball. But the QB made all the difference.

Novacane
10-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Houston is not very good. I hope that L doesn't come back to haunt us.

Fletch
10-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Why would a loss to a specific team come back to haunt us? ... other than it being just a loss that is.

bleve
10-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Why would a loss to a specific team come back to haunt us? ... other than it being just a loss that is.

It was a winnable game. If we miss out of wildcard/division title because of one game, it's that one that you could point to that is where we blew it.

Also, they're an AFC team that we could be battling for a wild card. This loss can also factor in tie-breaking calculations.

Goobylal
10-09-2014, 08:14 PM
It also shows you what having a good offensive cordinator does for you. There's no reason the Bills had to pass over twice as much as they ran in that game.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I do think being in that division giving Colts a better idea how to handle Watt. They have 2 guys on Watt every play, keep hitting him even when he's down.

Skooby
10-09-2014, 08:32 PM
We need the Texans to lose.

TacklingDummy
10-09-2014, 09:23 PM
We be 5-0 with a real QB.

MikeInRoch
10-09-2014, 09:41 PM
No we wouldn't. We still would have lost to San Diego.

imbondz
10-09-2014, 09:59 PM
JJ Watt is insane. He's almost in every single play

Mr. Pink
10-09-2014, 10:01 PM
No we wouldn't. We still would have lost to San Diego.

Exactly.

San Diego stopped trying to do anything after their first possession in the 2nd half. As evidenced by Donald Brown carrying the ball til his legs fell off even though he went nowhere.

If the Bills offense was competent, Rivers would have thrown more and while he was throwing San Diego was doing whatever they wanted offensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Watt is one of the only defensive players in the NFL who can completely take a game over.

Novacane
10-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Fitz with the turnover with a chance to win. Some things never change.

imbondz
10-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Ugh. typical Fitz. I wanted the Texans to lose, but didn't want Fitz to do that.

Thurmal
10-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Ugh. typical Fitz. I wanted the Texans to lose, but didn't want Fitz to do that.
I did. If he had led them on a 91-yard scoring drive with no timeouts to score the game-winning TD -- after all the game-ending picks he threw as a Bill -- I would have had a meltdown.

Buffalogic
10-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Exactly.

San Diego stopped trying to do anything after their first possession in the 2nd half. As evidenced by Donald Brown carrying the ball til his legs fell off even though he went nowhere.

If the Bills offense was competent, Rivers would have thrown more and while he was throwing San Diego was doing whatever they wanted offensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Watt is one of the only defensive players in the NFL who can completely take a game over.We wouldn't have been so far behind in that game if we had a real QB.

Watt is too good to be true. The guy has to be roiding with his bud Cush.

bleve
10-09-2014, 11:28 PM

Hockey player!

Goobylal
10-10-2014, 11:38 AM
The offensive line plays a major part. Just look at Brady. For the first four weeks his O-line was a pretty bad and people were saying he was finished. Then they protect him well against the Bengals, and he looks like the old Brady.