PDA

View Full Version : Less defensive holding calls tonight. Advantage: Bills

JohnnyGold
10-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Watching the Colts Texans game, I can only recall seeing one defensive holding penalty.

This week, in the news, the head of officiating came out and said that he is "happy" with the number of calls being made per game, and that the new ticky tack penalties on the secondary are being called right. It seems quite coincidental that they would release that statement during the same week as the owners meeting.

It would seem to me that the owners told Goodell at the meetings that fans hate these new rules. The owners must have voted unanimously to stop calling defensive holding. Goodell had a statement released that the league loves the way the new rule is being called, while telling the refs to phase it out over the next 2 weeks.

I bet we wont see that call more than once, maybe twice (once on each team) this weekend.

This is better news than if Kyle is cleared to play. For all intents and purposes, our defense just got better.

Novacane
10-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I think it just depends on the crew working the game.

Thurmal
10-09-2014, 10:12 PM
I guarantee the Bills get whored on no fewer than 3 interference calls.

Our d-line will be blatantly held all game as well with no calls unless it is absolutely obvious.

trapezeus
10-10-2014, 03:52 AM
I guarantee the Bills get whored on no fewer than 3 interference calls.

Our d-line will be blatantly held all game as well with no calls unless it is absolutely obvious.

or just once. But at the end in a key moment to solidify a pats drive.

Id love to watch all the bills pats games from 2002 to now to see all the questionable calls so pats fans can't say we are making it up.

YardRat
10-10-2014, 04:24 AM
I see it as an advantage for the Pats, actually.

chris66
10-10-2014, 05:00 AM
Walt Coleman's crew has the game

THRILLHO
10-10-2014, 06:21 AM
We are playing the Patriots. Just looking at Tom Brady is a penalty.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2014, 06:33 AM
It should be "Fewer" in the thread title. Fewer is used with individual items in the plural; less with bulk items. Examples: Fewer dollars, less money; fewer drops, less water; fewer penalties, less holding.

That is your English lesson for today.

JohnnyGold
10-10-2014, 07:52 AM
It should be "Fewer" in the thread title. Fewer is used with individual items in the plural; less with bulk items. Examples: Fewer dollars, less money; fewer drops, less water; fewer penalties, less holding.

That is your English lesson for today.

great post. thanks. not being sarcastic. i like grammar lessons that have simple rules to follow. will remember this for the rest of my life, like "dessert has two s's (probably messed up that apostrophe) because you want more of it."

fasteddie
10-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Walt Coleman's crew only called 6 penalties in last week's game. (49'rs vs Cheifs)
http://www.footballzebras.com/

chernobylwraiths
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM
great, Revis will now hold Sammy all game