PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Excitement in Check After watching the Colts-Texans Game

ghz in pittsburgh
10-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Colts to Texans is not unlike the Pats to Bills where the new young team wants to dethrone the old guard. Pats have Brad, Colts have Luck. Brady > Luck right now but Luck is on the way up.

I'd imagine the Texans viewed that game not much different from what the Bills see the Pats - at 3-2, wanted the Colts to look up to them.

But Luck put his foot down and had his best guy of the season.

Brady is certainly capable of doing what Luck had in the first quarter yesterday.

Hope the Bills D can continue the trend of not giving up 20 points a game (Houston got a pick 6 from EJ), particularly this Sunday.

I don't expect Marrone and Co to put too much burden on Orton. Realistically, I don't know you can count on Orton as much as you can count on Fitz of Texans. In their peak, Orton is hands down better than Fitz. But Fitzs has been starting the last 5 year whereas Orton hasn't played that much.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Uh, the Texans don't lose that game without two very nasty late game turnovers.

better days
10-10-2014, 11:11 AM
I understand this game is no gimmee.

The Bills could absolutely lose it, just like they lost to the Texans who they should have beat.

But I will not keep the excitement in check. Why should I? Because the Bills are not guaranteed to win?

Buffalogic
10-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Keep the excitement in check? No.

Back to back veteran turnovers lost that game for Houston. Luck and company scored 6 points in the second half.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2014, 11:38 AM
What that game showed is that JJ Watt is the MVP of the league, and the best defensive player since LT.

The Doc
10-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Look, to each their own...

We are not the Texans, and Orton is not Fitzpatrick.

They have the better QB but we have the better team. Lets just see if the team shows up on Sunday...so far I feel the team has played well every week...aside from EJ because that dude is AWFUL.

better days
10-10-2014, 11:47 AM
What that game showed is that JJ Watt is the MVP of the league, and the best defensive player since LT.

No question Watt is a GREAT player.

But after watching him go at Lucks knees/feet in that game just as he did EJ, I think he is a DIRTY player.

Much more dirty that Suh.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2014, 11:48 AM
No question Watt is a GREAT player.

But after watching him go at Lucks knees/feet in that game just as he did EJ, I think he is a DIRTY player.

Much more dirty that Suh.

More dirty then Suh? Suh literally stomps people and kicks them in the nuts.

Do you read what you post anymore?

better days
10-10-2014, 11:57 AM
More dirty then Suh? Suh literally stomps people and kicks them in the nuts.

Do you read what you post anymore?

Going at QB's KNEES & lower legs, Watt could INJURE a QB very easily.

Did you even watch that game? Or the Bills Texans game?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Going at QB's KNEES & lower legs, Watt could INJURE a QB very easily.

Did you even watch that game? Or the Bills Texans game?

Yes, and I've seen Suh go for heads, knees, and nuts. The guy was voted dirtiest player in the NFL multiple years in a row.

better days
10-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Yes, and I've seen Suh go for heads, knees, and nuts. The guy was voted dirtiest player in the NFL multiple years in a row.

When is the last time you saw Suh do that?

If you really did watch the Bills Lions game you saw NONE OF THAT by Suh.

Two games in a row that I saw with my own eyes, Watt played DIRTY.

He has probably been playing like that since he was drafted.

OpIv37
10-10-2014, 12:19 PM
O
When is the last time you saw Suh do that?

If you really did watch the Bills Lions game you saw NONE OF THAT by Suh.

Two games in a row Watt played DIRTY.

So, according to you, Watt is a dirty player because he had 2 games where he played dirty.

Meanwhile, Suh has a reputation of being dirty that stretches multiple seasons and involved numerous fines and suspensions, but according to you he's not dirty because he had one game where he was clean.

Sure, makes perfect sense.

better days
10-10-2014, 12:22 PM
O

So, according to you, Watt is a dirty player because he had 2 games where he played dirty.

Meanwhile, Suh has a reputation of being dirty that stretches multiple seasons and involved numerous fines and suspensions, but according to you he's not dirty because he had one game where he was clean.

Sure, makes perfect sense.

No question Suh has a reputation of being dirty.

But it has been quite a while since he has been accused of any of that.

Maybe he has cleaned his act up.

Watt was every bit as dirty as Sue has been in those two games I just watched.

And like I said, he probably has been playing like that since he was drafted.

OpIv37
10-10-2014, 12:37 PM
No question Suh has a reputation of being dirty.

But it has been quite a while since he has been accused of any of that.

Maybe he has cleaned his act up.

Watt was every bit as dirty as Sue has been in those two games I just watched.

And like I said, he probably has been playing like that since he was drafted.
Probably? Based on what? 2 games? He's never been disciplined by the league. You don't hear opposing players complaining about him like they did with guys like Rodney Harrison in the past or Suh and Wilfork now.
And for all you know, Suh could have been doing the same things as Watt in the 4 Lions games you didn't watch.

It seems to me like you're just bitter because we lost the Texans game largely because of Watt.

Bill Cody
10-10-2014, 01:21 PM

One guy that won't disagree with this is EJ Manuel. It may be too early to say this but that pick 6 may have effectively ended EJ's career. JJ Watt jumps like a volleyball player and catches better than a WR, makes those plays routinely. Monster.

ZAZusmc03
10-10-2014, 01:43 PM
He is a playmaker trying to make plays. He lunges and dives to get a sack that looks like it may be out of his reach any moment. That's not dirty. That's a player doing whatever he can to make the play for his team. It wasn't illegal to do that until ***** Brady got his knee blown out. It's a pussy rule anyways.

coastal
10-10-2014, 02:26 PM
I like Suh.. might be my favorite player.

better days
10-10-2014, 02:36 PM
One guy that won't disagree with this is EJ Manuel. It may be too early to say this but that pick 6 may have effectively ended EJ's career. JJ Watt jumps like a volleyball player and catches better than a WR, makes those plays routinely. Monster.

Well, I doubt EJ would disagree that Watt is a DIRTY player either.

better days
10-10-2014, 02:42 PM
He is a playmaker trying to make plays. He lunges and dives to get a sack that looks like it may be out of his reach any moment. That's not dirty. That's a player doing whatever he can to make the play for his team. It wasn't illegal to do that until ***** Brady got his knee blown out. It's a pussy rule anyways.

Doing whatever he can to make a play, legal or not.

Flagged for it & will be fined for his DIRTY play.

SpikedLemonade
10-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Why you guys bother debating with an idiot is beyond me.

Fletch
10-10-2014, 03:35 PM

LOL

Every village needs a village idiot. We have numerous strong candidates but he's got the title for now.

Brady is certainly capable of doing what Luck had in the first quarter yesterday.

Brady's questionable with an ankle injury per PFT. Stork, his new center, also may not be able to play for not being cleared in time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/10/tom-brady-questionable-with-ankle-injury/

If Garoppolo ends up starting whoo boy, this could be a fun game to watch for sure.

better days
10-10-2014, 04:11 PM

Time for you to go drink your Ladies drink of Spiked Lemonade & eat a salad.

tomz
10-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Colts to Texans is not unlike the Pats to Bills where the new young team wants to dethrone the old guard. Pats have Brad, Colts have Luck. Brady > Luck right now but Luck is on the way up.

I'd imagine the Texans viewed that game not much different from what the Bills see the Pats - at 3-2, wanted the Colts to look up to them.

But Luck put his foot down and had his best guy of the season.

Hope the Bills D can continue the trend of not giving up 20 points a game (Houston got a pick 6 from EJ), particularly this Sunday.

I don't expect Marrone and Co to put too much burden on Orton. Realistically, I don't know you can count on Orton as much as you can count on Fitz of Texans. In their peak, Orton is hands down better than Fitz. But Fitzs has been starting the last 5 year whereas Orton hasn't played that much.

Sorry but this has to be one of the worst analogies I have ever seen, which is saying quite a lot. In what way are the Colts/Luck analogous to Pats/Brady? Non sequitur.