PDA

View Full Version : So - we host NE with all their teeth intact

stuckincincy
10-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Unlike CHI with ailing wrs, MIA missing their entire starting lbs, SD without RB Matthews and losing RB Woodhead on his 1st carry, HOU's rb Foster limited to pass patterns, DET without rbs Bell, Riddick, an ailing decoy receiver Calvin Johnson and the placekicker from hell and rb Bush unable to go in the 4th.

How will BUF do against a team with full chops?

Buffalogic
10-10-2014, 06:06 PM
^ Their Oline is a mess.

YardRat
10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
I don't think NE exactly qualifies as 'full chops' at the moment, but then again with Brady, Gronk and Belicheck they don't have to be.

As always, the key to this game is going to come from the trenches. Our dline absolutely has to get to Brady rushing four, and the oline needs to step up, open some holes for FJ and CJ, and keep Orton mostly upright and un-harassed.

YardRat
10-10-2014, 06:11 PM
IMO this is a game where Dareus has to cement his status as 'elite', Richardson and Henderson prove they belong, and Watkins justifies the move up to get him.

Luisito23
10-10-2014, 06:15 PM
IMO this is a game where Dareus has to cement his status as 'elite', Richardson and Henderson prove they belong, and Watkins justifies the move up to get him.

Dareus is already elite and Watkins already justified the move to get him, the other two though, I agree with.

BillsImpossible
10-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Patriots center, Bryan Stork was added to the injury list with a head injury.

Is that an over simplified way of saying he has a concussion?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4769781/browner-ankle-stork-head-new-additions-to-injury-report

stuckincincy
10-10-2014, 06:33 PM
I don't think NE exactly qualifies as 'full chops' at the moment, but then again with Brady, Gronk and Belicheck they don't have to be.

As always, the key to this game is going to come from the trenches. Our dline absolutely has to get to Brady rushing four, and the oline needs to step up, open some holes for FJ and CJ, and keep Orton mostly upright and un-harassed.

What they have, is a team not having to compensate for injuries. Their players may or may not be tops, but due to lack of injuries, they are a cohesive bunch who practice and play together. Poor as they say the NE OL is, they buzz-sawed a weakened CIN DL. Big time. And it wasn't just that CIN was hurting - they popped them with skill and coordination 'cause they have been together all season long. Same for their D.

BUF needs a game from Dareus, plowing the interior protection back. CIN couldn't do that - forget their DT injury problems - because the NE staff had their C and G's max protect Brady, and it worked.

I'd fire in a cb against them - they hunkered down on TE patterns and CIN wouldn't gamble on dropping coverage on their wide outs. NE established ownership of the middle, and put the CIN staff in a tizzy between pass or run.

YardRat
10-10-2014, 06:37 PM
What they have, is a team not having to compensate for injuries. Their players may or may not be tops, but due to lack of injuries, they are a cohesive bunch who practice and play together. Poor as they say the NE OL is, they buzz-sawed a weakened CIN DL. Big time. And it wasn't just that CIN was hurting - they popped them with skill and coordination 'cause they have been together all season long. Same for their D.

BUF needs a game from Dareus, plowing the interior protection back. CIN couldn't do that - forget their DT injury problems - because the NE staff had their C and G's max protect Brady, and it worked.

I'd fire in a cb against them - they hunkered down on TE patterns and CIN wouldn't gamble on dropping coverage on their wide outs. NE established ownership of the middle, and put the CIN staff in a tizzy between pass or run.

If Stork can't go, that's pretty big injury to have to compensate for, especially considering how their oline played the first month of the season.

Fletch
10-11-2014, 07:35 AM

And suppose that doesn't happen, then what?

Fletch
10-11-2014, 07:36 AM
Dareus is already elite and Watkins already justified the move to get him, the other two though, I agree with.

Dareus will be elite when he starts showing up for every game instead of just five a season. The guy just arbitrarily disappears for games and stretches at a time.

We'll see if this season is different. They already picked up the option on his 5th year someone reported.

Players like Watt are elite.

DynaPaul
10-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Even with all their teeth they still look like a redneck who chews tobacco...

sudzy
10-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Dareus is elite when he want to be. Put Kyle Williams heart in Dareus' body you'd have a hall of fame DT. This game is Marcell's to dominate if he wants. We'll see if he wants to or not.

CoolBreeze
10-11-2014, 05:59 PM
We need to win in the trenches both offense and defense. Their Oline is a huge question mark, and they are not 100% healthy. We should be able to exploit them early and often.

Cover Gronk, and Edelman tight, heck double cover Gronk. Too often against the Pats we get burned by the obvious. Since those guys take up 70% of the targets it's a safe bet.

Also it should be noted, we have been getting burn't by Brady for over a decade now. Over the course of that I've noticed Brady lives to destory us with 5-15 yard slant patterns. I can't believe how many times he's completed a 3rd down on one of those slants against us. I'd like to see that finally end for good tomorrow. I also would like to see him beaten down thoughout the game and end up on the bench pouting like a child. Lets hope both happen!

Go Bills!!

YardRat
10-11-2014, 06:07 PM
And suppose that doesn't happen, then what?

Then somebody else better step up and make plays if the Patriots game plan makes Dareus and Watkins disappear. If the oline doesn't play respectable, and nobody makes plays, they'll lose.

Why do you assume that anybody that thinks the Bills have a chance to win any given Sunday also believes there is no chance they will lose?

Jesus, get a grip.

BLeonard
10-11-2014, 06:30 PM
http://nflspinzone.com/2014/10/11/new-england-patriots-rule-bryan-stork/

This week against the Buffalo Bills elite DT duo of Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus (as well as former MLB Brandon Spikes bearing down the middle), the Patriots won’t have the promising Stork. According to the NFL Network’s Albert Breer, he was unable to make the trip to Buffalo with the rest of the team, meaning that he has been officially ruled out of tomorrow’s rivalry contest.

It’s a tough blow for the Patriots, but they can get through it despite being less prepared to deal with the Bills biggest strength. Stork, a fourth-rounder out of Florida State, was unable to pass through the league’s mandatory concussion protocol, so his status is worth watching until he receives official clearance. Sadly, his absence means that the Pats will be forced to play Jordan Devey (he’ll likely start) in some capacity, and that’s a shame; Devey looked terrible when he was thrust onto the field as a starter.

-Bill

Jeff1220
10-11-2014, 06:44 PM
The Patriots may have all their teeth, but their fans... amiright?