X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

More Chris Hogan, Less Mike Williams?

Hogan made some excellent first down catches against the Lions. Refs screwed him and the Bills out of a first down, but that's besides the point.

Mike Williams has made 1 or 2 big plays, but his numbers after 5 games are not good.

The 2014 NFL season stats per game for Mike Williams of the Kansas City Chiefs on ESPN. Includes full stats, per opponent, for regular and postseason.

Minus EJ Manuel's 80 yard TD bomb against the Texans, Mike Williams production as the third receiver has been very poor.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: More Chris Hogan, Less Mike Williams?

He is another player that is under-utilized by Hackett. The guy butters his bread in the redzone because he is 6'5" and can leap. The Bills struggle in the redzone. Have we thrown one jump ball to him in the redzone? One pass of any kind down there, period? Nope.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
      He is another player that is under-utilized by Hackett. The guy butters his bread in the redzone because he is 6'5" and can leap. The Bills struggle in the redzone. Have we thrown one jump ball to him in the redzone? One pass of any kind down there, period? Nope.
      Chris Hogan is 6'1

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

You can tell Orton likes him
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

We've played some of the best defenses in the NFL thus far, it makes for tough sledding.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

More proof that picking up Mike Williams was absolutely pointless and a bad salary move.

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

^Not sure if that should be the case though or if it will continue being the case. It is to this point however, no doubt about that.

Comment

• mightysimi
                Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                More proof that picking up Mike Williams was absolutely pointless and a bad salary move.
                I'm pretty sure we can get out with no dead money after the year. And for what a 6th? Would a WR drafted in the sixth round be as good? I don't think he would be. Worth while risk, had plenty of cap space and at the time, we were unsure of getting Watkins. I don't think it was a terrible move.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  I would usually agree with you at some level but I'm telling you teams will try and take away Sammy & Mike will be open, then it will switch back. Mike is a monster and ready to roll, you'll be happy in the long run.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Williams did not get a lot of looks from Orton in the Detroit game, but you can't really criticize any wideout for poor stats after 4 games with EJ spraying the football all over the place.

That said, people getting all turgid over Hogan after his 2/27 day crack me up.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Orton just had one game

He threw to 10 different players last week. Let him continue doing that instead of trying trying to pick certain players.You end up limiting you options that way.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
                        You can tell Orton likes him
                        Orton practiced with him for 4 weeks so he's got some familiarity.

He's now spent two weeks with the first team receivers. I don't see a big game in Hogan's future.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

If Orton can get the ball down the field and outside, I would expect Williams' numbers to go up. Actually, all of the wide-outs should benefit to varying degrees. MW isn't going to post top 10 stats for the season, but then again I don't think very many expected him to anyway. We need receivers, and the org went out and got them. Still think it was a good move, but total judgement on that will have to wait until the end of the year.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                            Certainly agree that the offensive coordinator has been underwhelming in his play-calling and use of people like Spiller, Mike Williams, Robert Woods, and Marquise Goodwin.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              Williams did not get a lot of looks from Orton in the Detroit game, but you can't really criticize any wideout for poor stats after 4 games with EJ spraying the football all over the place.

That said, people getting all turgid over Hogan after his 2/27 day crack me up.

Wow. It's amusing watching the EJ apologists jump off the back of the bandwagon around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X