PDA

View Full Version : More Chris Hogan, Less Mike Williams?

BillsImpossible
10-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Hogan made some excellent first down catches against the Lions. Refs screwed him and the Bills out of a first down, but that's besides the point.

Mike Williams has made 1 or 2 big plays, but his numbers after 5 games are not good.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13489/mike-williams

Minus EJ Manuel's 80 yard TD bomb against the Texans, Mike Williams production as the third receiver has been very poor.

Thurmal
10-10-2014, 08:38 PM
He is another player that is under-utilized by Hackett. The guy butters his bread in the redzone because he is 6'5" and can leap. The Bills struggle in the redzone. Have we thrown one jump ball to him in the redzone? One pass of any kind down there, period? Nope.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2014, 08:44 PM
He is another player that is under-utilized by Hackett. The guy butters his bread in the redzone because he is 6'5" and can leap. The Bills struggle in the redzone. Have we thrown one jump ball to him in the redzone? One pass of any kind down there, period? Nope.

Chris Hogan is 6'1

elltrain22
10-10-2014, 08:51 PM
You can tell Orton likes him

Skooby
10-10-2014, 08:52 PM
We've played some of the best defenses in the NFL thus far, it makes for tough sledding.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2014, 09:14 PM
More proof that picking up Mike Williams was absolutely pointless and a bad salary move.

Buffalogic
10-10-2014, 09:57 PM
^Not sure if that should be the case though or if it will continue being the case. It is to this point however, no doubt about that.

mightysimi
10-10-2014, 10:04 PM
More proof that picking up Mike Williams was absolutely pointless and a bad salary move.

I'm pretty sure we can get out with no dead money after the year. And for what a 6th? Would a WR drafted in the sixth round be as good? I don't think he would be. Worth while risk, had plenty of cap space and at the time, we were unsure of getting Watkins. I don't think it was a terrible move.

Skooby
10-10-2014, 10:29 PM

I would usually agree with you at some level but I'm telling you teams will try and take away Sammy & Mike will be open, then it will switch back. Mike is a monster and ready to roll, you'll be happy in the long run.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Williams did not get a lot of looks from Orton in the Detroit game, but you can't really criticize any wideout for poor stats after 4 games with EJ spraying the football all over the place.

That said, people getting all turgid over Hogan after his 2/27 day crack me up.

justasportsfan
10-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Orton just had one game

He threw to 10 different players last week. Let him continue doing that instead of trying trying to pick certain players.You end up limiting you options that way.

jimmifli
10-10-2014, 11:52 PM
You can tell Orton likes him
Orton practiced with him for 4 weeks so he's got some familiarity.

He's now spent two weeks with the first team receivers. I don't see a big game in Hogan's future.

YardRat
10-11-2014, 04:43 AM
If Orton can get the ball down the field and outside, I would expect Williams' numbers to go up. Actually, all of the wide-outs should benefit to varying degrees. MW isn't going to post top 10 stats for the season, but then again I don't think very many expected him to anyway. We need receivers, and the org went out and got them. Still think it was a good move, but total judgement on that will have to wait until the end of the year.

swiper
10-11-2014, 05:06 AM

Certainly agree that the offensive coordinator has been underwhelming in his play-calling and use of people like Spiller, Mike Williams, Robert Woods, and Marquise Goodwin.

swiper
10-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Williams did not get a lot of looks from Orton in the Detroit game, but you can't really criticize any wideout for poor stats after 4 games with EJ spraying the football all over the place.

That said, people getting all turgid over Hogan after his 2/27 day crack me up.

Wow. It's amusing watching the EJ apologists jump off the back of the bandwagon around here.

RedEyE
10-11-2014, 06:07 AM
We need to use Williams more in the redzone. Chandler to one corner of the endzone, Williams to the other, and Watkins slanting into the middle. Guaranteed to create a one-on-one matchup. Or, the middle of the defense is so porous a simple handoff to FJax with an audible at the line.

WagonCircler
10-11-2014, 08:04 AM
I don't think anything can be gleaned from the first four games of the season. The game planning had to be done with a serious handicap at WB.

Orton opens up many more possibilities in the passing game. I think there will be plenty of touches to go around.

better days
10-11-2014, 08:48 AM
I said from the day the Bills got Mike Williams that he would be a GOOD receiver for the Bills.

Nothing has happened to change my mind about that. I want to see him in Red White & Blue for a long time.

Thurmal
10-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Chris Hogan is 6'1
I was referring to MW.

swiper
10-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I don't think anything can be gleaned from the first four games of the season. The game planning had to be done with a serious handicap at WB.

Orton opens up many more possibilities in the passing game. I think there will be plenty of touches to go around.

One thing was definitely gleaned. They needed the QB change. And as we all sat around here and bickered about it, they recognized the problem and made the change. Otherwise I agree. We now need the next 4 weeks to see what an Orton lead team needs. I agree that there should be more touches to go around for everybody.

better days
10-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Wow. It's amusing watching the EJ apologists jump off the back of the bandwagon around here.

LMAO, because the EJ bandwagon was HUGE & everyone on it had declared EJ to be the next Peyton Manning.

A sure fire franchise QB at the very least.

Typical IDIOT post by Swiper.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Me? EJ apologist? Do you read anything I post?

swiper
10-11-2014, 11:14 AM
LMAO, because the EJ bandwagon was HUGE & everyone on it had declared EJ to be the next Peyton Manning.

A sure fire franchise QB at the very least.

Typical IDIOT post by Swiper.

Says one of the dumbest EJ apologists on the internet.

You want to see an idiot go look in the mirror.

YardRat
10-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Me? EJ apologist? Do you read anything I post?

Does anybody? :D

IlluminatusUIUC
10-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Does anybody? :D

I walked right into that.