PDA

View Full Version : Personal message!!!

tampabay25690
10-10-2014, 08:41 PM
It's my absolute excitement to announce to billszone about my future..

As of this week my wife and I have made a very hard decision to move out of Florida and back to Buffalo!!!
To those that know me personally the decision was based on my 4 year old boy Bryce.
I feel him getting to know his family and growup in a great place like Buffalo was the right decision!!!
My luv for the city, people, the BILLS, and SABRES made the decision an easy one!!!!
Family and friends was a huge decision as well!

I have been doing research the past year and the city of Buffalo and Western NY will be growing huge!!!
My wife has accepted a job as the National Sales Manager at the Buffalo/Niagara Convention Center!!!
We feel we want to be apart of the growth of the city I grewup to luv!!!
I look forward to being apart of your lives in the Buffalo area...
I have put a transfer in for my job and I will probably have to wait till the end of the year before my move!!
We have an office in the Rochester area and I will cover the buffalo Niagara area.. Still unknown my position!!

Please nothing on Facebook for the time being... Still quiet for some in the Tampa area!!! Go Bills!!

Skooby
10-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Florida is losing a good one, you're always welcome back as well.

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Welcome home

tampabay25690
10-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Welcome home

Tom not sure when I will be back but wife will be back mid Nov..
I'm coming back thanksgiving so I can stay through the weekend and go to the Bills game vs Browns!!

ServoBillieves
10-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Time for a user name change. Congrats on the move

Dr. Lecter
10-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah - a kindly admin can help with the name change when it is needed

tampabay25690
10-10-2014, 09:42 PM

I know!!!! Wtf I'm always known as tampabay

mightysimi
10-10-2014, 10:06 PM

You can go Prince style and be the poster formerly known as tampabay25690!!

justasportsfan
10-10-2014, 11:40 PM
NY state just put in over 1 billion into buffalo.

Scumbag College
10-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Pegulaville25690

swiper
10-11-2014, 03:52 AM

As of this week my wife and I have made a very hard decision to move out of Florida and back to Buffalo!!!
To those that know me personally the decision was based on my 4 year old boy Bryce.
I feel him getting to know his family and growup in a great place like Buffalo was the right decision!!!
My luv for the city, people, the BILLS, and SABRES made the decision an easy one!!!!

I have been doing research the past year and the city of Buffalo and Western NY will be growing huge!!!
My wife has accepted a job as the National Sales Manager at the Buffalo/Niagara Convention Center!!!
I have put a transfer in for my job and I will probably have to wait till the end of the year before my move!!
We have an office in the Rochester area and I will cover the buffalo Niagara area.. Still unknown my position!!

Please nothing on Facebook for the time being... Still quiet for some in the Tampa area!!! Go Bills!!

Congratulations! Being a boy growing up in The Buffalo suburbs was great for me and will be for your son. I can't imagine anything better. You and your family are lucky.

Best of luck to all of you.

Historian
10-11-2014, 04:24 AM
That's awesome news Don!

Now if we could only get OP to move back....

YardRat
10-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Congrats...best of luck to you and your family as you make the transition back home.

pmoon6
10-11-2014, 05:32 AM
That's awesome news Don!

Now if we could only get OP to move back....Why, do you need a new punching bag?

BillsOverDolphins
10-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Your wife is the breadwinner?:rofl:

Good luck in the move though, hope all goes well.

tampabay25690
10-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Thanks all!!
Yea exciting for myself and the family we moved to Tampa 12 years ago and it has been a very fun and successful part of my life!!
Now time to put family 1st!!

tampabay25690
10-11-2014, 07:18 AM

Good luck in the move though, hope all goes well.

Ha ha she does well as well but this just came fast for her. Never turn down good opportunities!!!

swiper
10-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Ha ha she does well as well but this just came fast for her. Never turn down good opportunities!!!

Nothing to apologize for. It's 2014, not 1957. Again, good luck.

BillsOverDolphins
10-11-2014, 07:21 AM
She must be a looker. Well done, sir:up:

pmoon6
10-11-2014, 07:23 AM

Good luck in the move though, hope all goes well.It's lucky for you that you were born well off and you are just traveling around the world taking employment as a hobby.

For most folks, it takes two incomes in today's world.

But of course, you take the fact that his wife has a good job and conclude that she's the sole breadwinner.

We've come to expect this kind of crap from you though.

tampabay25690
10-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Nothing to apologize for. It's 2014, not 1957. Again, good luck.

We actually never thought it would go this fast at all.
I was to put a transfer in and she would start looking... Well the job popped up and she went for it and the rest is history!!!
All happened the day after the Miami game when we flew back to Tampa from Buffalo...
I guess it was meant to be.

pmoon6
10-11-2014, 07:25 AM

Please nothing on Facebook for the time being... Still quiet for some in the Tampa area!!! Go Bills!!I would like to move back as well, but right now it's not possible. Maybe next year.

Please keep us updated on your transition if you would be so kind.

Night Train
10-11-2014, 07:29 AM
If you can make a living in WNY, it's fantastic. I love living here.

Welcome home.

BillsOverDolphins
10-11-2014, 07:34 AM
It's lucky for you that you were born well off and you are just traveling around the world taking employment as a hobby.

For most folks, it takes two incomes in today's world.

But of course, you take the fact that his wife has a good job and conclude that she's the sole breadwinner.

We've come to expect this kind of crap from you though.

Wasn't born well off, but neat assumption from a hurr-durr such as yourself. Also, we don't appreciate you derailing the thread trying to settle a score with me. I'm congratulating TB--dude has a hot wife who makes bank, and now he gets to go home. He's got life by the balls imo

BillsOverDolphins
10-11-2014, 07:36 AM
tampa, who is Bryce's favorite player?

pmoon6
10-11-2014, 07:38 AM
Wasn't born well off, but neat assumption from a hurr-durr such as yourself. Also, we don't appreciate you derailing the thread trying to settle a score with me. I'm congratulating TB--dude has a hot wife who makes bank, and now he gets to go home. He's got life by the balls imoNo score to settle, but I do enjoy mocking your stupidity in any of your multiply personalities.

You made an ignorant backhanded comment in your first post and now you're trying to backpedal.

Good Job!!

tampabay25690
10-11-2014, 07:42 AM
I would like to move back as well, but right now it's not possible. Maybe next year.

Please keep us updated on your transition if you would be so kind.

Will do Thanks!

tampabay25690
10-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Wasn't born well off, but neat assumption from a hurr-durr such as yourself. Also, we don't appreciate you derailing the thread trying to settle a score with me. I'm congratulating TB--dude has a hot wife who makes bank, and now he gets to go home. He's got life by the balls imo

Ha ha hot wife that makes bank!!!
Wish that was the case but yes hot wife..
My job is pretty nice as well but I'm not so much hot as my wife!! Lol
Few people have met my wife on here..
Just happy to get to my real home again BLO

tampabay25690
10-11-2014, 07:46 AM
tampa, who is Bryce's favorite player?

He's 4 so not really a favorite.
He has a few jerseys... CJ, Mario, and B Spikes jersey
Ha tulle has a B Spikes Gator jersey as well..

BillsOverDolphins
10-11-2014, 07:48 AM
No score to settle, but I do enjoy mocking your stupidity in any of your multiply personalities.

You made an ignorant backhanded comment in your first post and now you're trying to backpedal.

Good Job!!
I'm done with your pettiness in this thread...if you wanna make a go at El Capitan you'll have to start another thread in another forum, then get duly eviscerated per par.

BillsOverDolphins
10-11-2014, 07:50 AM
He's 4 so not really a favorite.
He has a few jerseys... CJ, Mario, and B Spikes jersey
Ha tulle has a B Spikes Gator jersey as well..

Good stuff, Bills jersies won't be rapidly depreciating assets now that there's new management who might actually retain the talent.

pmoon6
10-11-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm done with your pettiness in this thread...if you wanna make a go at El Capitan you'll have to start another thread in another forum, then get duly eviscerated per par.Eviscerated? So you're really Joe The Plumber?

Skooby
10-11-2014, 08:49 AM

Botanybay, that'd be a great change.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-11-2014, 11:48 AM

buttampabayffulo

BuffaloRedleg
10-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Good luck! I just moved back a month ago after 8 years in the Army. You won't recognize the city! So much to do every night, I piss my girlfriend off a ton because all I want to do is go out.

coastal
10-12-2014, 08:48 AM
So jealous....

pmoon6
10-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Congrats, moving from a state with single digit unemployment and low taxes to a depressed economy with some of the highest unemployment and taxes in the nation.Oh yeah, don't forget to buy a snow shovel and winterize your car.Hopefully you can afford a private school for the kids cause the public schools here are being underfunded by King Cuomo and his cronies.Oh yeah, hope you dont believe in self defense cause King Cuomo is trying to disarm everyone in NYS.WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???????????????????:rofl:

He needs a snowblower for the snow and a snow shovel to stick up your ass. We'll see how well it fits.

stuckincincy
10-12-2014, 05:18 PM
:rofl:

He needs a snowblower for the snow and a snow shovel to stick up your ass. We'll see how well it fits.

Lowes has a bargain until 10/15:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_189194-270-31AS62N2711_0__?productId=3255746&Ntt=snow+blower&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsnow%2Bblower&facetInfo=

Locked axle for both-wheel drive. I've horsed such around - back up, and rock'em up to make a turn.

I use an electric 18 inch Toro...suitable for my snowfalls where I reside. The caution is that it will fling gravel and pebbles at high speed out the top of the front end.

DraftBoy
10-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Congrats man, that's great news!

JoeMama
10-12-2014, 08:40 PM
I spent the week on business in Wisconsin and it made me wish I was dead.

It was the low 30s every morning and the high 40s everything else.

Talk about perfect.

Now I'm back in piece of **** Florida. Where anything below "85" is "bone-chilling".

Jaydog57
10-13-2014, 04:35 AM

Please nothing on Facebook for the time being... Still quiet for some in the Tampa area!!! Go Bills!! Best of luck to you in your new location, I hope they don't give you a hard time for being a Gator fan up there. I get it bad enough down here in central FL for being a Canes fan, lol. Hope it's an easy move and a safe trip. :peace:

Dr. Lecter
10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
​This is so wonderful.Be sure to keep us all posted about any other decisions you make,Id love to hear about it.

You don't need to read his threads.

Many of us like Tampa. He is a cool guy that has been around for a long time.

But take your shots at him and then act all confused when somebody calls you a troll

Dr. Lecter
10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Best of luck to you in your new location, I hope they don't give you a hard time for being a Gator fan up there. I get it bad enough down here in central FL for being a Canes fan, lol. Hope it's an easy move and a safe trip. :peace:

He'll hear it from me at least. That's for sure.

DesertFox24
10-13-2014, 01:06 PM
As someone who spent nine years in Florida good for you. Florida is becoming a bad state for a lot of reasons and I personally refuse to even vacation there or travel there. Only good thing about florida is no state income tax. That however is no reason to live in that hot humid hell hole

coastal
10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
This is so wrong I dont even know where to start.In comparison to Buffalo I dont care what the topic is and the state of Florida wins hands down.Schools,taxes,unemployment,weather and just general quality of life,I could go on.On another topic,Desert fox was my handle on the CB radio for years.
I've been here in Florida for 18 years.

im cooked and ready to come home.

Dr. Lecter
10-13-2014, 02:33 PM
The WNY area is starting to come back and is showing signs of life. It's gradual, but it's there.

pmoon6
10-13-2014, 04:57 PM
This is so wrong I dont even know where to start.In comparison to Buffalo I dont care what the topic is and the state of Florida wins hands down.Schools,taxes,unemployment,weather and just general quality of life,I could go on.On another topic,Desert fox was my handle on the CB radio for years.You forgot the part where it's expensive to live there, at least South Florida.

There are plenty of beautiful women, but unfortunately most of them need to stop weekly at PepBoys and get the air changed in their head.

There are positives and negatives to anywhere you live, it's personal preference.

Personally, I would chose WNY. Don't mind the weather, plenty of outdoor activities and most important, family is there.

Second choice is where I live now, in the mountains of Colorado and before you go off, I lived in Florida for two years and Texas for 22. I prefer all the other places I lived to South Florida.

Dr. Lecter
10-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Dr.,this nothing but election year rhetoric.Other than the governor throwing a billion of overtaxed taxpayer money at us for votes what can you say is honestly improving around here?The schools are broken,taxes are some of the highest in the nation and our children have to leave for jobs because NY is about as business unfriendly as it can get.I hope you are right and I am wrong but this tired message of coming back has been in vogue for over 40 years here.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/riverbend/historic-day-for-buffalo-zemsky-says-of-solarcity-riverbend-plans-20140923

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/09/25/recipients-of-first-niagara-funding-at-medical.html?page=all

Throw in HarborCenter and the Phillips Lytle building and it is certainly improving.

tampabay25690
10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Best of luck to you in your new location, I hope they don't give you a hard time for being a Gator fan up there. I get it bad enough down here in central FL for being a Canes fan, lol. Hope it's an easy move and a safe trip. :peace:

Thanks!!
I was a Gator fan growing up in B LO so no such change there..
Appreciate the kind words

tampabay25690
10-13-2014, 08:25 PM
You don't need to read his threads.

Many of us like Tampa. He is a cool guy that has been around for a long time.

But take your shots at him and then act all confused when somebody calls you a troll

Thanks Tom.
It's all good I remember when the zone was more positive then some of the newbies on here..
Doesn't bother me at all.. We're al, still 1 big Bills family on here.

DesertFox24
10-13-2014, 11:43 PM
I absolutely despise what florida has become. Especially north Florida central Florida And Tampa. South florida is and always be south Florida and thT is over priced over hyped and crappy.

The weather sucks. I am an outdoor guy and unless you like to boat florida sucks. No hiking mountain biking and definitely no skiing. I live in northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe is 40 mins away. I moved from the south east to nevada because climate and cost living way better. Only difference is I pay more for gas but that is to be expected since I am no longer coastal state.

All that aside the areas in Florida besides south Florida are filled with a bunch metro red necks. Imagine honey boo boo and jersey shore hybrid and that is Florida.

coastal
10-14-2014, 06:19 AM
Its just weird to me Coastal.All of my life everyone moved to Florida to retire or start a better life because of opportunity and Ive only been hearing its getting better there and things here just get worse.It just seems like a backward move moving to NY.People have been steadily leaving this state for years now.This state is in decline.
I don't care about all of that.

It's a beautiful area, and I still consider it my home.

last night my hockey son said he wanted to play hockey for Canisius College and go to school for heir sports mgmt program

one can dream.

Fletch
10-15-2014, 08:27 AM
You forgot the part where it's expensive to live there, at least South Florida.

There are plenty of beautiful women, but unfortunately most of them need to stop weekly at PepBoys and get the air changed in their head.

LOL

SquishDaFish
10-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Congrats bro!!

Jaydog57
10-17-2014, 09:45 AM
I absolutely despise what florida has become. Especially north Florida central Florida And Tampa. South florida is and always be south Florida and thT is over priced over hyped and crappy.

The weather sucks. I am an outdoor guy and unless you like to boat florida sucks. No hiking mountain biking and definitely no skiing. I live in northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe is 40 mins away. I moved from the south east to nevada because climate and cost living way better. Only difference is I pay more for gas but that is to be expected since I am no longer coastal state.

All that aside the areas in Florida besides south Florida are filled with a bunch metro red necks. Imagine honey boo boo and jersey shore hybrid and that is Florida. If you love the constant heat and the beach, Florida is for you. I know some people that have moved down here from up north because they hated the cold, and love the hot weather. I was born and raised here, and as I've gotten older, I think I would like to eventually move somewhere more seasonal. I look forward to the cooler fall weather more and more every year. It's finally down to 75 degrees during the day and I'm loving it. It's weird, because as people get older, they get colder easily, and they all seem to end up here. As I'm getting older, I'm getting tired of sweating all the time, and want to live where it's colder, lol. :peace:

pmoon6
10-18-2014, 12:18 PM
The most ironic part of this is that he says he wants young Bryce to grow up in a city like Buffalo but I guarantee you that this man has the sense not to send his child to a Buffalo school.Also,when his son graduates from high school and college he will have to move out of Buffalo to start a career.Coming from a state with great schools,single digit unemployment and low taxation I just don't get it except for the part about being around family.Nothing wrong with the suburban schools outside Buffalo. I really don't know about the city schools anymore, but I am a product of one. The people I met and made friends with in South Florida were hardly intellectual giants. They had about the same kind of education as I did.

So, another "Arrrghk, would you like to try for Double Jeopardy where the prizes can really change"?

EricStratton
10-19-2014, 04:26 PM
By most rankings New York has better public schools then Florida.