PDA

View Full Version : Mike Schopp hangs up on Pegula.

sudzy
10-11-2014, 11:17 AM
http://media.wgr550.com/a/97893687/10-11-pegula-calls-the-hobby.htm

Just introduced himself as Terry. He's lucky Schopp didn't get condescending with him.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Schopp is a dumbass.

swiper
10-11-2014, 11:31 AM
He wasn't nasty to Pegula. Seems he was just pressed for time. So what? If it was Pegula, he should have identified himself as such.

sudzy
10-11-2014, 11:41 AM
I didn't say he was nasty to him. It's just funny. Schopp is an arrogant D-bag, couldn't have to a better guy.

Scumbag College
10-11-2014, 11:44 AM
I listen to the post game show on my WGR app for a little bit after the game. I live away from Buffalo, but whenever I hear Schopp he sounds Bush League. Terry should buy WGR while he's at it, can Schopp, and put Coach Sal on more.

sudzy
10-11-2014, 11:47 AM
I listen to the post game show on my WGR app for a little bit after the game. I live away from Buffalo, but whenever I hear Schopp he sounds Bush League. Terry should buy WGR while he's at it, can Schopp, and put Coach Sal on more.

At least Sal would take sports. That why I would listen to a sports talk show. Not for food drafts and game shows.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2014, 11:52 AM
He's being pretty cool about it on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Schopptalk

Mr. Pink
10-11-2014, 12:39 PM
The mere fact he didn't recognize the voice is horrendous and shows how out of touch he is.

WagonCircler
10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
This is HILARIOUS!

Couldn't happen to a more arrogant jackass.

Jeff1220
10-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Does he wear those glasses seriously or ironically?

DynaPaul
10-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Whatever happened to Coach Dickerson? Loved his insane rants on the air.

BuffaloRedleg
10-11-2014, 05:02 PM
I've heard he's actually a pretty good dude in real life. If I had to put up with dumbasses calling me all day talking about how we need a Peyton Manning style QB for the Bills I'd be a dick too.

I imagine they ham it up on the radio to rile people up. His show does pretty damn well so it must be working.

Meathead
10-11-2014, 05:52 PM
terry said just yesterday hes just another person like everybody else, im sure he didnt mind. but that is pretty funny

Meathead
10-11-2014, 05:54 PM
I've heard he's actually a pretty good dude in real life. If I had to put up with dumbasses calling me all day talking about how we need a Peyton Manning style QB for the Bills I'd be a dick too.

never understood the hate for the guy. never understand the hate ppl dish out in general

some ppl need a target. you could put twelve kindly nuns on the radio and ppl would pick one just to project their anger onto

Mace
10-11-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't understand the big deal. I hung up on Terry all the time. You knew he either just wanted a ride from some cheap gin mill again, or he'd fool you into thinking it so when you got there he could hit you up for a $20 to take it to closing. When you got upset he'd lay the old "I'm going to have money and be the shiznit in this city some day, you'll see". Who knew ?

Oh I fell for it a dozen times, think he remembers those dozen times ? No no, he remembers the times I got upset and slapped all those court orders on me like Wilson did so I can't share my football expertise with the organization.

Anyway, no big deal on Schopp either. I borrow peoples phones to call him and hang up on him when I get on the air for amusement.

Bet Schopp meets bro Terry's goon brigade of lawyers and street muscle now too. Terry, or as I used to call him, "Terry", plays hardball when he gets torked at you, and nothing torks Terry off like hanging up on him, believe you me.

sudzy
10-11-2014, 07:03 PM
If I had to put up with dumbasses calling me all day talking about how we need a Peyton Manning style QB for the Bills I'd be a dick too.

Yeah, well he choose that job. Having dumb asses call you is in the job description. I mean if you chose to work with the elderly, you better be prepared to change some depends. He doesn't seem to enjoy taking about the Bills or football in general. And yet, he chose to be a sport radio talk show host in Buffalo?

BillsImpossible
10-11-2014, 07:09 PM
He wasn't nasty to Pegula. Seems he was just pressed for time. So what? If it was Pegula, he should have identified himself as such.

Holy crap! I didn't know about this until now.

That was Terry Pegula!? I totally missed it too.

Schopp didn't know it was him, obviously.

What's interesting to me is how Terry Pegula sounded so much like an ordinary caller to the show.

He didn't sound like the man who just spent over a billion bucks to buy the Bills.

This was, "The Hobby's," last scheduled show.

What an incredible ending to a show I have enjoyed listening to on the way to work every Saturday morning at 8:00 am.

I didn't know it was Terry Pegula either. He sounded like your average Joe caller.

Kind of cool knowing I have something in common with Terry Pegula.

We both enjoyed listening to a quirky/sentimental Saturday morning talk show about cards.

I used to collect baseball cards as a kid in the late 80's early 90's, had about 400 Spike Owen cards.

Will miss the show.

Maybe Terry's on the Billszone?

BuffaloRedleg
10-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Yeah, well he choose that job. Having dumb asses call you is in the job description. I mean if you chose to work with the elderly, you better be prepared to change some depends. He doesn't seem to enjoy taking about the Bills or football in general. And yet, he chose to be a sport radio talk show host in Buffalo?

I'm not going to sit here and defend him. I like him even when he's an *******. It's entertainment. He actually seems pretty happy this season, and I absolutely agree with him about ****ty coaches fear-punting and the over-obsession with outdated football philosophies.

So what if he's a dick on air, most of those callers deserve it they are morons who can't **** out a decent original point. He riles them up and people listen more and more and call more and more. It's a great business model and it is entertaining.

If you actually listen to the recording, he is actually pretty sweet to "Terry" and wasn't an ******* at all. It was a very weak call and he was nice about it, much different from his afternoon show.

Typ0
10-12-2014, 07:50 AM
I'm just glad to hear that hobby show is finally off the air. What the hell were they doing running that show anyway? What kind of small percentage of people are interested in baseball cards? I'm a pretty flexible and forgiving person to these airtime personalities but Shoop strikes me as quite condescending to callers sometimes. It's just his style I guess ...

ckg927
10-12-2014, 06:01 PM
And this, folks, is why I refer to WGR's owners as Entercorpse. Because that company kills halfway decent radio in Buffalo.

Seriously...they turn WWKB into a sports-radio outlet running ESPN around the clock...never mind that overnight WGR runs ESPN as well, just so they can undercut 1270 the Fan(which runs CBS Sports Radio). And that's just the most notable of their crimes.