PDA

View Full Version : Chris Williams on IR. S Ladler promoted from PS.

Scumbag College
10-11-2014, 02:37 PM
As per Bills App text.

I've noticed the past two weeks the OL has been really bad up the middle without C. Williams in there. I'm hoping that is just Richardson finding his way, line up juggling going on, and playing against JJ Watt and Suh. I know C. Wiliams has been a whipping boy on here. Just want to get some other thoughts about the drop off in OL play.

I'm glad for Ladler though. I thought he had a good preseason and hopefully he can contribute on special teams if he's activated for the games.

YardRat
10-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Richardson is a rookie, and Pears is really bad. Williams quickly became a whipping boy because he wasn't perceived to be a big enough upgrade over what we had, or what we needed. Might turn out to be a wasted free agent move (win some, lose some) and hopefully it actually is...would rather see Richardson progress through the season to the point where he isn't necessarily needed to start. I'm glad for Ladler also.

Goobylal
10-11-2014, 04:48 PM
It's not as bad as the Saints and Byrd. ;)

swiper
10-11-2014, 05:00 PM
It's not as bad as the Saints and Byrd. ;)

True. But they could have done better.

Goobylal
10-11-2014, 05:14 PM
True. But they could have done better.
Definitely. I'd like to know what genius was responsible for that signing.

Meathead
10-11-2014, 05:24 PM
so who plays now. urbik i suppose

Goobylal
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
so who plays now. urbik i suppose
It will still be Richardson and Pears starting.

Meathead
10-11-2014, 05:45 PM
oh right. duh

SpikedLemonade
10-11-2014, 07:08 PM
No loss whatsover.

Play the rookie.

Too early for an injury settlement with Chris Williams?

He will never be even serviceable in Buffalo.

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2014, 07:58 PM
oh right. duh

Sure. Try to forget about the guy so your white guy starts. I see what you are doing............

BillsImpossible
10-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Cyril Richardson just won the starting LG job.

Mace
10-11-2014, 09:12 PM
I really wish Marrone, the line guru guy, would get over his issue with Urbik and play him.

I realize Urbik has not been glorious here, but he's starting to look like Mr. Awesome for being average at least.

cookie G
10-12-2014, 12:31 AM
The Bills interior has been getting killed by stunts..

...and Suh and, especially JJ Watt being single manned hasn't helped recently.

On the good side...pass pro in the 2nd half of the Lions' game really got better.

Pears at guard brings out his worst qualities. I mean, he's quick enough and decent enough to at least get in front of a DE for a second or 2, but doesn't have the strength to match up with an inside rusher. I just hope he doesnt have to take on Wilfork one on one most of the game.

Meathead
10-12-2014, 04:50 AM
Sure. Try to forget about the guy so your white guy starts. I see what you are doing............

http://i62.tinypic.com/dpy35z.jpg

sudzy
10-12-2014, 06:41 AM
No loss whatsover.

Play the rookie.

Too early for an injury settlement with Chris Williams?

He will never be even serviceable in Buffalo.

Right. Williams is terrible. If there is not much drop off, then play the rookie. He'll only get better. (I hope) What is it with this front office? The can't seem to find a decent FA Guard?

YardRat
10-12-2014, 06:54 AM
The Bills interior has been getting killed by stunts..

...and Suh and, especially JJ Watt being single manned hasn't helped recently.

On the good side...pass pro in the 2nd half of the Lions' game really got better.

Pears at guard brings out his worst qualities. I mean, he's quick enough and decent enough to at least get in front of a DE for a second or 2, but doesn't have the strength to match up with an inside rusher. I just hope he doesnt have to take on Wilfork one on one most of the game.

Scroll down to the third video...it's **** like this that drives me a little bit crazy about Wood. Everybody else (Henderson, Richardson, Glenn) appears to do just fine, but Wood completely ignores the game-changer to his right in favor of, well, nobody to his left, until he's just looking for somebody to hit after the pocket has been established. Pears gets blown up by Watt, but if Wood addresses JJ instead thin air it has the making of pretty good protection. Piss poor line call, and how you ignore JJ Watt is beyond me. Even if Wood called a half-slide left because of the 'backer on his left shoulder he made the wrong first step, and should've recognized quicker the LB backed off and it's responsibility to help Pears on the right (because the rush is coming across the guards face and up the middle). Granted, guys are going to make mistakes, but still...