PDA

View Full Version : Kim Pegula

DGreg
10-12-2014, 12:45 AM
I know very little about the Pegula's as I am not a Sabres fan or from Buffalo. I am from Utica NY, which is about an hour east of Syracuse. When I first saw Kim in some if the pics I thought that she looked younger than Terry and obviously also Asian. This has probably been brought up before, if so I'm sorry. So I thought "Who is Kim Pegula" So I did a little research.

She was born in South Korea and was eventually adopted at age 5 by an American family (Kerr). She very well could have spent her first 5 years in Korea in the Korean "foster system". There is a chance that Kim might not even be her first name, it could have been given to her by one of the workers at the orphanage. She was born in 1968, which makes her 17 years younger than Terry. Kim went to Houghton College in which the Pegulas recently donated a large sum of money to.

So why bother even bringing this up.

Not all owners live as long as Ralph. Terry is approaching 70. He looks a little over weight and red in the face, high BP?. God for bid if something happens to him in the next several years well then Kim? Kerr? Pegula? is the new owner of the Bills. She will be making the decisions.

So the question is, When the day comes that Kim Pegula takes full ownership of the Bills, will she look at us and say, "I will love you long time".

Bunion
10-12-2014, 02:32 AM
We'll have an owner in her mid 50s with more than a decade of experience running a professional football team. Or she'll sell. Who knows, who cares right now?

Fletch
10-12-2014, 03:29 AM
I just hope that she and he make the appropriate decisions with this team, more specifically the front office. Looks like Wilson built in some tremendously generous parting gifts for Littman and who knows, maybe some others, clearly indicating that he cared more about relationships than performance.

But the fact is that there need to be major changes in the way that this team does business from the football side of things.

I didn't listen to Terry's presser but I read it reported that he said he thought that Brandon was and is doing a good job. If that's true, then I'm not sure what the basis for any actual hope that the necessary changes will be made. I don't care who owns the team, if they're not going to do the things that most of us realize need to be done, then I'm not sure that there's going to be much difference between the old Bills and the new Bills.

Meathead
10-12-2014, 05:09 AM
shes so adorable id like to just eat her up. but then id be hungry again in a half hour

swiper
10-12-2014, 05:14 AM
Can't wait to see how this board responds to the o.p.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 05:41 AM
Kim is already an owner of the Bills, the percentage each of the couple owns is 'private business' according to Terry's comment at the presser. I'm guessing they are smart enough to have the ownership split up in a manor that both would actually qualify for the 30% requirement of the NFL, and upon either's passing a percentage would go to the other to assure outright majority status.

WagonCircler
10-12-2014, 07:44 AM
Terry is approaching 70. He looks a little over weight and red in the face, high BP?. God for bid if something happens to him in the next several years well then Kim? Kerr? Pegula? is the new owner of the Bills. She will be making the decisions.

So the question is, When the day comes that Kim Pegula takes full ownership of the Bills, will she look at us and say, "I will love you long time".

First of all, he's 63. That's not exactly "approaching 70." And multi-billionaires have access to pretty good health care, but thanks, Dr. Greg, for the diagnosis.

Second of all, the "love you long time" thing? Seriously.

At least if you're going to set out to sound like a douchebag, try a little creativity.

Typ0
10-12-2014, 08:00 AM
I thought it was funny myself. Perhaps in poor taste but funny is not always in good taste. They seem to be eager to get a stadium deal done and that is the thing that will keep the team in Buffalo. 7 years is not a long time and with that bad ticker of his who knows how long Pegula has left with us? This could have all been planned since 1967 when Ralph took that trip to Korea...

Skooby
10-12-2014, 08:09 AM
I just hope that she and he make the appropriate decisions with this team, more specifically the front office. Looks like Wilson built in some tremendously generous parting gifts for Littman and who knows, maybe some others, clearly indicating that he cared more about relationships than performance.

But the fact is that there need to be major changes in the way that this team does business from the football side of things.

I didn't listen to Terry's presser but I read it reported that he said he thought that Brandon was and is doing a good job. If that's true, then I'm not sure what the basis for any actual hope that the necessary changes will be made. I don't care who owns the team, if they're not going to do the things that most of us realize need to be done, then I'm not sure that there's going to be much difference between the old Bills and the new Bills.

What did Littman get ? 1% of the sale is what I heard.

DraftBoy
10-12-2014, 08:10 AM
I know very little about the Pegula's as I am not a Sabres fan or from Buffalo. I am from Utica NY, which is about an hour east of Syracuse. When I first saw Kim in some if the pics I thought that she looked younger than Terry and obviously also Asian. This has probably been brought up before, if so I'm sorry. So I thought "Who is Kim Pegula" So I did a little research.

She was born in South Korea and was eventually adopted at age 5 by an American family (Kerr). She very well could have spent her first 5 years in Korea in the Korean "foster system". There is a chance that Kim might not even be her first name, it could have been given to her by one of the workers at the orphanage. She was born in 1968, which makes her 17 years younger than Terry. Kim went to Houghton College in which the Pegulas recently donated a large sum of money to.

Not all owners live as long as Ralph. Terry is approaching 70. He looks a little over weight and red in the face, high BP?. God for bid if something happens to him in the next several years well then Kim? Kerr? Pegula? is the new owner of the Bills. She will be making the decisions.

While I appreciate the question posed in terms of who Kim Pegula is, was it really necessary to take shots at her heritage?

The Doc
10-12-2014, 08:26 AM
When you put down $1.4 Billion you plan for such things. That's why Kim is already an owner. Let's not worry about Terry kicking the bucket.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:38 AM
This could have all been planned since 1967 when Ralph took that trip to Korea...

Say what?

You serious?

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:41 AM
When you put down $1.4 Billion you plan for such things. That's why Kim is already an owner. Let's not worry about Terry kicking the bucket.

****, I'm more worried about what he/she does, or more afraid of what they don't do, with the front office particularly the personnel staff starting at the GM on down. If they take this Ralph-like "let's not rock the local boat" mentality and only make cosmetic changes it's going to be very frustrating.

Everyone read me the riot act about how I put precedence in the new owner(s) making how this team addresses its football side of the business a priority over merely keeping the team around, but if all we're going to get is 20 more years of this same crap, I don't care if they build the best stadium that the NFL has ever seen, who cares.

WagonCircler
10-12-2014, 08:50 AM
****, I'm more worried about what he/she does, or more afraid of what they don't do, with the front office particularly the personnel staff starting at the GM on down. If they take this Ralph-like "let's not rock the local boat" mentality and only make cosmetic changes it's going to be very frustrating.

Everyone read me the riot act about how I put precedence in the new owner(s) making how this team addresses its football side of the business a priority over merely keeping the team around, but if all we're going to get is 20 more years of this same crap, I don't care if they build the best stadium that the NFL has ever seen, who cares.

Wrong, as usual, Felch.

From Jason La Canfora:

Team president/CEO Russ Brandon has forged a strong relationship with Terry Pegula, sources said, through the process of them purchasing the team, and given his deep ties to the Western New York business community and unique knowledge of the franchise having acted as de-facto owner as the late Ralph Wilson began to struggle with his health, he is likely to remain in a role overseeing the business operations of the team. Under the new structure Kim Pegula will serve as the team's CEO, sources said, with Brandon serving as team president but with general manager Doug Whaley expected to be no longer reporting to Brandon but instead directly to the Pegulas, thus drawing more delineation between football operations and the business operation.

The Bills are also looking to bring in a Football consultant. Article mentions Ernie Accorsi and Ron Wolf.

Don't let Pegula's press conference coyness fool you. This is a guy who once professed no interest in buying the Bills, later adding "Sometimes you don't want to tip your hand."

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Yes, it's nice that she's in her mid-40's and being a woman has a good chance to live well into her 70's, if not 80's. She's about my age so that means the team won't be leaving in my lifetime, and I'm sure they've made arrangements for the team to pass to their kids via a trust.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:53 AM
What did Littman get ? 1% of the sale is what I heard.

That's what I read too, which obviously is $14M, absurdly generous for someone of his age. Someone stated here that Mary Owens was also out, and had similarly "resigned," which would lead us to believe that she had written into the trust something similar. She can't be older than 35 or so.

Clearly the reason he, and no doubt many others, were here was because of their relationships to Wilson, not because they assisted in putting a competitive team on the field, obviously since the only person that did that didn't have that relationship with Wilson and was fired by him, but rather because of Ralph's friends and family program within the region.

I'm waiting to see what Pegula does in that regard. Some say that it'll be the same as he did with the Sabres, but that's not quite a good analogy. Most NHL administrative talent hales from north of the border and the midwestern and eastern border states, so the geographical area from which to choose is far less and far more concentrated around Buffalo/WNY.

The NFL has little if any significant talent coming from north of the border and otherwise from all around the country, so if you really want the best you'll likely have to step well outside of your own stomping grounds based on current availability in any given offseason. At least Gruden was born in Ohio and has some midwest ties, maybe we get lucky enough that Kim lands him.

Will they even try to step outside of the current model of doing things at OBD though?

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Wrong, as usual, Felch.

From Jason La Canfora:

Team president/CEO Russ Brandon has forged a strong relationship with Terry Pegula, sources said, through the process of them purchasing the team, and given his deep ties to the Western New York business community and unique knowledge of the franchise having acted as de-facto owner as the late Ralph Wilson began to struggle with his health, he is likely to remain in a role overseeing the business operations of the team. Under the new structure Kim Pegula will serve as the team's CEO, sources said, with Brandon serving as team president but with general manager Doug Whaley expected to be no longer reporting to Brandon but instead directly to the Pegulas, thus drawing more delineation between football operations and the business operation.

The Bills are also looking to bring in a Football consultant. Article mentions Ernie Accorsi and Ron Wolf.

Don't let Pegula's press conference coyness fool you. This is a guy who once professed no interest in buying the Bills, later adding "Sometimes you don't want to tip your hand."

I don't know what was wrong about a concern of mine. Until they announce that Whaley's no longer with the team I'm validated in my concerns.

Otherwise I hope that there are some changes. We cannot simply assume that "not tipping his hand" in relation to the sale means that he/she are going to make the proper moves. The article, written by Confora, who apparently didn't know anymore than anyone else during the purchase phase, mentions Accorsi and Wolf, ... did Pegula(s) mention them? Until that happens ...

I hope you're right, but how many times over the years have we been pitched a bill of goods? Plenty.

black N yellow
10-12-2014, 09:06 AM
apparently the sky is already falling less than two days after the official sale, judging by some of these threads.

Yasgur's Farm
10-12-2014, 09:14 AM
While I appreciate the question posed in terms of who Kim Pegula is, was it really necessary to take shots at her heritage? I agree... That's approaching a TOS violation.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Fletch, I think you and Op need to take a little time and recalibrate your 'I'm right all of the time' machines...or trade this one in for new ones, because they've pretty much been off 180deg for awhile now.

DynaPaul
10-12-2014, 12:04 PM
On another note, she does seem to have a nice rack...

imbondz
10-12-2014, 12:11 PM

Lol.

imbondz
10-12-2014, 12:12 PM
First of all, he's 63. That's not exactly "approaching 70." And multi-billionaires have access to pretty good health care, but thanks, Dr. Greg, for the diagnosis.

Second of all, the "love you long time" thing? Seriously.

At least if you're going to set out to sound like a douchebag, try a little creativity.

I'm easily amused I guess. I thought it was funny

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2014, 02:00 PM
I like the fact she is Korean.

My next Bills tailgate at The Ralph will be a Korean BBQ theme in her honour.

Historian
10-12-2014, 03:52 PM
I think she's smokin hot!

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 08:15 PM
:busted:I wonder if she would have married him if he worked at Home depot
They've been married since 1993. Well before he got rich.

Meathead
10-13-2014, 02:28 AM
While I appreciate the question posed in terms of who Kim Pegula is, was it really necessary to take shots at her heritage?

can you explain where there were 'shots' taken?

1000:1 we wont get a real answer

Meathead
10-13-2014, 02:34 AM
My next Bills tailgate at The Ralph will be a Korean BBQ theme in her honour.

wine selection is always tough with curried doberman

Meathead
10-13-2014, 02:38 AM
I agree... That's approaching a TOS violation.

what? ive read that three times and outside of one mandatory classic joke it was utterly without anything even mildly controversial

thank god there are ppl like me to balance hyper pc selective outrage lunatics like you and the rest of the hive

Meathead
10-13-2014, 02:53 AM
as usual, it is the selective outrage that is highly offensive here

make all the redneck jokes you want and you dont hear a peep. make one classic non-white race related joke and suddenly the tos bat signal shines like a beacon unto the stupid

what could possibly go wrong?

Historian
10-13-2014, 07:17 AM
what? ive read that three times and outside of one mandatory classic joke it was utterly without anything even mildly controversial

thank god there are ppl like me to balance hyper pc selective outrage lunatics like you and the rest of the hive

You should have quit while you were behind...

WagonCircler
10-13-2014, 07:27 AM

The "mandatory classic joke" was just lame and weak. Had it been funny, it would get a pass. But it was about as clever as the average knock-knock joke.

Also, painting a revered guy's wife (well, any guy's wife, really) to a prostitute crosses lines that have nothing to do with race. If there's outrage, I think it comes from that.

Meathead
10-13-2014, 07:32 AM
so lame and weak is now a tos violation. ok

its that kind of bull**** that is the root of the entire race problem in this country. emotion doesnt define racism

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2014, 08:10 AM
Not my rules dude. Plus... I didn't even issue a warning... So get off your soapbox.

Novacane
10-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Don't worry people. Kim's my age. If something happens to Terry I'll marry her and I'd never move the Bills.

WagonCircler
10-13-2014, 09:10 AM
so lame and weak is now a tos violation. ok

its that kind of bull**** that is the root of the entire race problem in this country. emotion doesnt define racism

No. Lame and weak is just lame and weak.

And calling portraying someone's wife/mother as a prostitute is archetype lame and weak.

WagonCircler
10-13-2014, 09:13 AM
oVery well stated sir,Im fairly new to this board and its clear that the rules a enforced in a very selective fashion.You can call people morons and trolls just dont dare to suggest that the pats dominated the Bills or your post will be erased!!!

Just an experiment:

You are a moron and a troll.

DraftBoy
10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
can you explain where there were 'shots' taken?

1000:1 we wont get a real answer

Only if you promise to gift us another rant filled with misconceptions, irrational thought, and then storm off in a full blown temper tantrum as a response. Deal?