PDA

View Full Version : Kelly/Pegula Rift?

BidsJr
10-12-2014, 07:53 AM
I found it curious that Jim scheduled a vacation during the week of the vote/transaction of the team.

Then during the John Murphy interview with Terry, Terry made the comment that several people reached out to him to be part of the ownership group and they never responded to them. Not to be rude but as part of the NDA's that were signed and he hoped they were not upset with them.

I wonder if Jim reached out, never got a response and got his feelings hurt?

Maybe nothing, but who knows.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Who cares.

If anyone can't understand that an owner wants to be an owner by themself then that's a little odd.

Skooby
10-12-2014, 07:57 AM
When Terry bought the Sabres, he got the great ones together & honored them perpetually. I'd expect nothing less than this to happen again.

BidsJr
10-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Who cares.

If anyone can't understand that an owner wants to be an owner by themself then that's a little odd.

Well obviously Terry Pegula cares or he wouldn't have made the comment.

BuffRanger
10-12-2014, 08:17 AM
makes total sense.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:36 AM
When Terry bought the Sabres, he got the great ones together & honored them perpetually. I'd expect nothing less than this to happen again.

I doubt he's going to turn his back on anyone that's been associated with the Bills over the years.

OK, well maybe OJ.

Well obviously Terry Pegula cares or he wouldn't have made the comment.

Obviously I meant third parties. Terry was simply being gracious. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to why he (and Kim) wanted to be 100% owners without any other representation.

Or do you think he does owe someone an explanation?

BidsJr
10-12-2014, 08:53 AM
I doubt he's going to turn his back on anyone that's been associated with the Bills over the years.

OK, well maybe OJ.

Obviously I meant third parties. Terry was simply being gracious. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to why he (and Kim) wanted to be 100% owners without any other representation.

Or do you think he does owe someone an explanation?

No I don't think he owes anyone anything. I was just making an observation. Maybe a bad one, but an observation none the less.

WagonCircler
10-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I found it curious that Jim scheduled a vacation during the week of the vote/transaction of the team..

When you have a near death experience, your perspective changes a little bit. Time spent with your family is invaluable.

Friday's press conference wasn't scheduled until Thursday. Jim's still not even close to 100% recovered from the hell that he just went through. Last minute plans are 100x harder when you're not healthy.

black N yellow
10-12-2014, 09:04 AM
how creative.

OpIv37
10-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Until I find out if this is true or not, I'm only going to say one thing:

I love Jim Kelly for all he's done for this team and the city. But despite that, he's not entitled to team ownership. If this is true, then he's being bitter and childish.

That being said, I think Jim is a bigger man than that and I highly doubt it's true.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Three things...

1-If Kelly actually is a little butt-hurt, he and Pegs will fix it up.
2-I respect the manner in which the Pegula's treated the process...very professional, business-like, and stayed pretty much out of the public eye (save the obvious speculation by others).
3-If any of the reports were true about Kelly's 'requirements' or 'requests' to become a part owner, I don't see how any majority owner would agree to a single one of them, let alone all.

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Truth be told, whether he's hurt by this or not matters little. The team is staying and that's all that we as Bills fans should care about. And Kelly wanted that as well so I'm sure he is happy about that at least.

Scumbag College
10-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Kelly was already working with another group interested in purchasing the Bills, wasn't he? It would be inappropriate for Pegula to ask him to jump ship, as well as it would be inappropriate for Kelly to take him up on the offer and leave his other team in the lurch. Also, the Pegulas obviously have enough money where they don't need a partner in ownership. They might love the Bills and be Jim Kelly fans, but at the end of the day it's still a business to them.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Leave it to Bills fans to make a big deal out of nothing. I think Wagons said it best. IF, however, there was any ill feelings I think they will be quickly smoothed over.

BidsJr
10-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Leave it to Bills fans to make a big deal out of nothing. I think Wagons said it best. IF, however, there was any ill feelings I think they will be quickly smoothed over.

Look the facts are that people reached out to Terry and family to express interest in being part of the group, and got no response from Terry because of the NDA. Also a fact that Jim was looking to become part of an ownership group. I am not trying to make a big deal about it, but I found it odd that on the biggest day in Bills history, Jim was nowhere to be found and I found it worth discussing.

feldspar
10-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Kelly said this when the Pegulas won the bid:

"I am so happy to hear that the Pegulas will be the new owners of the Buffalo Bills," Kelly said in a statement. "It's an exciting day for Western New York. As I've said for many years, my first and foremost concern has been ensuring that, when this time came, the team would stay in Buffalo. Terry and Kim Pegula have done a lot for our community; their commitment to Buffalo and Western New York is second to none."

John Murphy said this at the introduction ceremony:

"I received a voicemail about 20 minutes ago. A voicemail from Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, who very much regrets that he is not able to be here with us this afternoon. He is taking advantage of the long weekend to have a vacation trip with his family, but he sends along his best wishes. He sends along his congratulations to the Pegula family and he is over the top with excitement about the future of this franchise. We thank Jim for his best wishes today."

BidsJr
10-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Kelly said this when the Pegulas won the bid:

"I am so happy to hear that the Pegulas will be the new owners of the Buffalo Bills," Kelly said in a statement. "It's an exciting day for Western New York. As I've said for many years, my first and foremost concern has been ensuring that, when this time came, the team would stay in Buffalo. Terry and Kim Pegula have done a lot for our community; their commitment to Buffalo and Western New York is second to none."

John Murphy said this at the introduction ceremony:

"I received a voicemail about 20 minutes ago. A voicemail from Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, who very much regrets that he is not able to be here with us this afternoon. He is taking advantage of the long weekend to have a vacation trip with his family, but he sends along his best wishes. He sends along his congratulations to the Pegula family and he is over the top with excitement about the future of this franchise. We thank Jim for his best wishes today."

Thanks for this, sorry for the conjecture.

Historian
10-13-2014, 04:36 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Jimbo helping to run the ONE campaign...