• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

No more football for you, Russ Brandon!

Jason La Canfora is reporting that Kim Pegula will be the Bills' CEO and that Doug Whaley will no longer report to Russ Brandon, instead reporting directly to the Pegulas.

They also mentioned that the new owners aim to separate the football side from the operations side.

This is AWESOME news.

Russ can do his weasely PR stuff. As long as he has zero input into football ops, he can't do any damage.

Also reporting that Pegs' are looking to bring in a football consultant, mentioning Ernie Accorsi, Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren.

Nothing but good news here.

"Team president/CEO Russ Brandon has forged a strong relationship with Terry Pegula, sources said, through the process of them purchasing the team, and given his deep ties to the Western New York business community and unique knowledge of the franchise having acted as de-facto owner as the late Ralph Wilson began to struggle with his health, he is likely to remain in a role overseeing the business operations of the team. Under the new structure Kim Pegula will serve as the team's CEO, sources said, with Brandon serving as team president but with general manager Doug Whaley expected to be no longer reporting to Brandon but instead directly to the Pegulas, thus drawing more delineation between football operations and the business operation."

More...

Last edited by WagonCircler; 10-12-2014, 08:46 AM.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: No more football for you, Russ Brandon!

Russ moving strictly back to the business side is no shocker. Personally I won't be surprised if Whaley stays.

I think Marrone is very much in jeopardy.

I think Pegula will want to add a significant name as a HC... Shanny, Cowher, or Gruden wouldn't shock me. And unlike before Pegula being an all new owner may be able to convince one of them that it's a whole new ball game in Buffalo.

All conjecture on my part.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

If Pegula wants the support of the fans, Shanny is not the way to go.

Marrone is not in jeopardy unless he blows the season. If the bills make playoffs, fans will get on the Marrone wagon.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Russ Brandon can crawl back into the woodwork from whence he came.

Incompetent little rat.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          Russ moving strictly back to the business side is no shocker. Personally I won't be surprised if Whaley stays.

I think Marrone is very much in jeopardy.

I think Pegula will want to add a significant name as a HC... Shanny, Cowher, or Gruden wouldn't shock me. And unlike before Pegula being an all new owner may be able to convince one of them that it's a whole new ball game in Buffalo.

All conjecture on my part.
          I think Marrone has a better chance to stay than Whaley.

Marrone has a shot at saving his job by making the playoffs with a scrap heap QB, whereas Whaley totally shat the bed with the EJ situation, which will have huge repercussions next year's draft.

Comment

• black N yellow
            • Dec 2012

Thank God.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

No shock here and I'm very happy that Brandon is staying on board and focusing on the business end.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Unless the team ****s the bed, I don't see Marrone or Whaley being in jeopardy of losing their jobs.

Terry, please...stay as far away from Holmgren as a football consultant...and Shanny, Cowher and Gruden as HC's...as possible.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Littman's out and Russ is away from football. It's a good start.

But I still want a scorched earth policy. Everyone with blood on their hands for any portion of the last 15 years needs to be ****-canned, which means everyone above Whaley.

I'll give Whaley and Marrone another year, barring a Fitz/Gailey collapse over the rest of this season.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    No shock here and I'm very happy that Brandon is staying on board and focusing on the business end.
                    I still don't believe he'll be around much longer, and will move on of his own accord.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    Incompetent little Lecter.
                    Fixed it, and don't ever make the same mistake again.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                      While it means nothing really, Russ brought the bills camp to Pittsford which is pretty much Kim's backyard growing up.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        Jason La Canfora is reporting that Kim Pegula will be the Bills' CEO and that Doug Whaley will no longer report to Russ Brandon, instead reporting directly to the Pegulas.

They also mentioned that the new owners aim to separate the football side from the operations side.

This is AWESOME news.

Russ can do his weasely PR stuff. As long as he has zero input into football ops, he can't do any damage.

Also reporting that Pegs' are looking to bring in a football consultant, mentioning Ernie Accorsi, Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren.

Nothing but good news here.

"Team president/CEO Russ Brandon has forged a strong relationship with Terry Pegula, sources said, through the process of them purchasing the team, and given his deep ties to the Western New York business community and unique knowledge of the franchise having acted as de-facto owner as the late Ralph Wilson began to struggle with his health, he is likely to remain in a role overseeing the business operations of the team. Under the new structure Kim Pegula will serve as the team's CEO, sources said, with Brandon serving as team president but with general manager Doug Whaley expected to be no longer reporting to Brandon but instead directly to the Pegulas, thus drawing more delineation between football operations and the business operation."

More...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...lls-transition
                        The structure that Ralph Wilson relied on for the Bills is THE reason they never succeeded on a consistent basis.

This team needs FOOTBALL people to run the FOOTBALL part of the team.....not loyalists to the owner like Mr. Wilson liked.

Comment

• El Guapo
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          Littman's out and Russ is away from football. It's a good start.

But I still want a scorched earth policy. Everyone with blood on their hands for any portion of the last 15 years needs to be ****-canned, which means everyone above Whaley.

I'll give Whaley and Marrone another year, barring a Fitz/Gailey collapse over the rest of this season.

i completely agree. The verdict is still out on Marrone.
                          A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• GreedoII
                            • Aug 2007

Shanny and Cowher are outdated..Gruden might work tho...

Comment

• Gibby
                              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                              • Jun 2006

Its a start, hopefully he brings in a competent OC. Also, I am not against canning Whaley.

Comment

Working...
                              X