PDA

View Full Version : Duke Williams has ****ed up too many times today.

jamze132
10-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Almost single handedly cost is the game. What a joke.

DynaPaul
10-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah, might want to send him back to the bench.

Novacane
10-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Aaron Williams being hurt probably cost us the game

YardRat
10-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Duke has a very poor game...really disappointed. Not just the inability to make plays, or getting beat, but he really half-assed his coverage on that last TD. Getting burnt or taking a penalty is one thing, but full-blown lack of effort is inexcusable.

Ingtar33
10-12-2014, 02:42 PM
well duke williams was probably the worst DB i've seen suit up for the bills since Watkins was in our jersey.

Crisis
10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
well duke williams was probably the worst DB i've seen suit up for the bills since Watkins was in our jersey.

don't forget justin rogers... only he can make geno smith look competent.

Novacane
10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
reminds me of the game rogers had against the Jets last season. he sucks

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 02:58 PM

Nope. This was the ultimate team loss. Everybody except Robert Woods and Chandler blew donkey balls today

colin
10-12-2014, 03:02 PM
i agree with the thread, but i just feel like NE has a huge coaching advantage. they sniff out out plays when we are on O, and they always have us out of position when we are on D. maybe we would never have won today, but i feel like the pats spend all week prepping for exactly what we will be doing and dictate to us, and our coaches have us desperate and reacting and committing penalties.

k-oneputt
10-12-2014, 06:14 PM
But we scouted him out of Nevada.

k-oneputt
10-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Please Terry Please

OpIv37
10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Duke was by far the worst player on the field today. Inexcusable.

imbondz
10-12-2014, 07:17 PM
i agree with the thread, but i just feel like NE has a huge coaching advantage. they sniff out out plays when we are on O, and they always have us out of position when we are on D. maybe we would never have won today, but i feel like the pats spend all week prepping for exactly what we will be doing and dictate to us, and our coaches have us desperate and reacting and committing penalties.

Felt this way watching too

ICRockets
10-12-2014, 08:01 PM
I really don't know what he was thinking on that first pass interference. Committing such a bonehead penalty likely had a (at the very least subconscious) part in his getting the 2nd one against Gronk.

swiper
10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Nope. This was the ultimate team loss. Everybody except Robert Woods and Chandler blew donkey balls today

Hughes?

YardRat
10-12-2014, 08:08 PM
I really don't know what he was thinking on that first pass interference. Committing such a bonehead penalty likely had a (at the very least subconscious) part in his getting the 2nd one against Gronk.

My only guess would be he thought he was beat worse than he actually was, and took the penalty instead of giving up the easy touchdown...he was in position to play the ball, though, as it turned out.

DraftBoy
10-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Talk about lack of awareness, if he turns his head on the PI penalty he could of made a play on the ball. Instead he just shoves the guy for an easy, easy PI call.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-13-2014, 12:03 AM

It's not like this takes a football genius. When we lined up first and goal from the 3 in the shotgun with Freddy, I started mumbling "Here comes the draw again." And predictably, that's exactly what we got for a 4 yard loss. And I'm not even watching hours of film, I just remembered that Hackett ran the exact same play against Detroit from virtually the same spot last week. Belichick remembered too.

jimmifli
10-13-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm sure glad we have SO much depth at safety.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 05:21 AM
I'm sure glad we have SO much depth at safety.

Pretty sure that any team that loses the services of three would be saying the same thing, especially considering most only carry three or four.

wolfpack
10-13-2014, 08:13 AM
1. Mike Pereira (http://www.foxsports.com/collegefootball/player/mike-pereira/1174271) Award for the Most Blatant Pass Interference in History: Duke Williams (http://www.foxsports.com/collegefootball/player/duke-williams/719174), Bills (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-team)
Are we dipping into the hyperbole well by saying this? No way. Williams gets beat by Patriots (http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots-team) wide receiver Julian Edeleman and when the ball gets near, Duke just shoves him in the back:

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=340987971968 (http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=340987971968)

bdutton
10-13-2014, 08:25 AM

Duke works as an official? Huh.

Lucidvizion
10-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Talk about lack of awareness, if he turns his head on the PI penalty he could of made a play on the ball. Instead he just shoves the guy for an easy, easy PI call.

If he did nothing at all the ball may have hit him on the back of the helmet.

yordad
10-13-2014, 08:33 AM
The ball did hit Williams in the back of the helmet.

Lucidvizion
10-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Just venting with some bitter sarcasm

casdhf
10-13-2014, 08:52 AM
If Duke turned around he had an easy pic.

wolfpack
10-13-2014, 09:14 AM

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/amorbach/williams_zps04bb9641.jpg

Mahdi
10-14-2014, 08:56 AM
I think Duke is going to be an excellent player.

Funny thing is that this exact thread was created several times over when Aaron Williams started getting significant playing time and was really bad. Mainly having difficulty getting his head turned on defense and with bonehead plays.

Duke has tons of ability but that was really his first full game.

jamze132
10-14-2014, 09:59 AM

Funny thing is that this exact thread was created several times over when Aaron Williams started getting significant playing time and was really bad. Mainly having difficulty getting his head turned on defense and with bonehead plays.

Coach Marrone shares your sentiment.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2014, 10:17 AM

Hughes, Hogan, Orton

bleve
10-14-2014, 07:11 PM

I can't understand what he was thinking. Even playing sandlot/little league football as a pass defender, you were worried about looking back at the ball fearing that extra fraction of a second would allow the receiver to get that extra separation.

But Duke knew the receiver was at the end of the line. There was no room for his opponent to get extra separation. Why, oh, why did he not take a look back? How long has he played football?

Maybe his brick head weighed too much to turn it.

YardRat
10-14-2014, 07:16 PM

I've got high hopes for him also.

jimmifli
10-14-2014, 07:37 PM

Aaron didn't get a lot of criticism once he switched to safety. There was lots of "yeah well one good game doesn't tell us much" type comments, followed by "lets see if he can keep it up", type comments. By mid season almost everyone was in agreement that he was playing really well. By the end of the season most were trying to figure out how a guy that sucked so bad at corner could be so good at safety.