PDA

View Full Version : Schwartz and the defense

YardRat
10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Got their asses handed to them today in the second half. For all of the 'success' of holding the Pats to just over 100 yards in the first half, they really **** the bed in the second.

Novacane
10-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Did they even force a punt in the 2nd?

casdhf
10-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Duke Williams. Abused.

Mace
10-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Got their asses handed to them today in the second half. For all of the 'success' of holding the Pats to just over 100 yards in the first half, they really **** the bed in the second.

They should have carried Schwartz off the field again, upside down.

chris66
10-12-2014, 02:49 PM
yup i thought for sure that the bills would dominate that half after Connolly went out. Kline, Wendell and Devey were getting owned at the end of the half. good adjustments by the Pats

Mr. Pink
10-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Who needs Byrd?

Oh wait, this defense.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Who needs Byrd?

Oh wait, this defense.

No thanks

kingJofNYC
Once again, any time a WR motions the D secondary is confused as ****, happened often in that 4th quarter. Lafell walked in on his first TD, huge blown coverage. And again you saw on the Pats last TD drive, constant confusion. What the **** is Schwartz doing with these guys?

Novacane
Who needs Byrd?

Oh wait, this defense.

They needed Aaron Williams.

Ingtar33
10-12-2014, 02:52 PM

the pats changed their look a little. In the first half they were spreading the field more. in the second they brought in 2 TE... and while they still shifted around a bit, they basically ran the same offense. they just forced us to get out of the nickel and dime defenses and back into a more normal defensive set. They never stopped running (though it was pointless) either. the run game was the whole point of their offense today (as useless as it was), they just kept freezing the linebackers with playaction, and throwing over their heads or to the flat. It was pretty effective. turns out no matter how much we strangle a running game the linebackers bite too much on play fakes. Of course even worse was our safety play. it just wasn't good enough. you can't expect the corners to play basically man2man all game long and give them zero safety help. the safeties were out of position and a step slow all game... our DBs have been helped out by a lot of good passrushing most of this season... but like with the SD game, once the passrush was kept from the QB and the QB had a little time it was a different story.

Mace
10-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Who needs Byrd?

The Saints medical staff, for practice.

pmoon6
10-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Who needs Byrd?

Oh wait, this defense.Who needs you?

Oh wait....no one.

colin
10-12-2014, 02:58 PM
lack of talent in the secondary -- our corners are legit, but as said above we can't cover anything in base. also, i think this team is just top to bottom out coached vs any legit team with some talent that plays us. the turnovers and the penalties is a sign of that. the 3 turnovers destroyed what should have been a healthy first half lead, and our break but don't bend D killed us in the 2nd half. we have a great 3rd down D, but on 1st down today we got destroyed -- to me that's scheme and coaching. first down is the maximum advantage down for the O, and we got beaten either before the snap, or biting on play action on enough first downs to lose the game.

Owen DeBoard
10-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Who needs Byrd?

Oh wait, this defense.
Yeah we need to pay him to be on IR.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah we need to pay him to be on IR.

Who says he'd be on IR if he was here?

Mr. Cynical
10-12-2014, 03:02 PM
lack of talent in the secondary -- our corners are legit, but as said above we can't cover anything in base. also, i think this team is just top to bottom out coached vs any legit team with some talent that plays us. the turnovers and the penalties is a sign of that. the 3 turnovers destroyed what should have been a healthy first half lead, and our break but don't bend D killed us in the 2nd half. we have a great 3rd down D, but on 1st down today we got destroyed -- to me that's scheme and coaching. first down is the maximum advantage down for the O, and we got beaten either before the snap, or biting on play action on enough first downs to lose the game.

+1. Pegula needs to clean out the FO and start the new era in earnest.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-12-2014, 03:02 PM

it's called a pattern. he was 'injured' all the time here and he's injured there. of course he'd f***ing be injured if he was here. He's injured no matter where he goes

Mace
10-12-2014, 03:03 PM

It's as inevitable as inevitable things are inevitably inevitable, imho.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2014, 03:04 PM
it's called a pattern. he was 'injured' all the time here and he's injured there. of course he'd f***ing be injured if he was here. He's injured no matter where he goes

I won't disagree that he would have pulled the plantar crap again to try and get himself out of games but you can't say with certainty that he would be on the IR. The injury he got in N.O. may have never happened if he was here.

DynaPaul
10-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I won't disagree that he would have pulled the plantar crap again to try and get himself out of games but you can't say with certainty that he would be on the IR. The injury he got in N.O. may have never happened if he was here.

Yeah it would, he's exactly like one of those disability magnets that seem to appear at every workplace. Those people just make a career out of it.

kingJofNYC
10-12-2014, 03:13 PM
It's amazing that we miss Aaron Williams, who would ever thought those words would be spoken.

Yes, we could use Byrd, but more importantly we could use a competent FO that has contingencies in place when they don't intend on signing a player. Jason Peters, Andy Levitre, Byrd, are just three of the recent examples of players we had no intention on signing and we didn't have a replacement waiting to step and take their spot. That's what this org seriously lacks, I mean they lack a lot of **** but this has happened year in year out for over a decade. Let a player go, Pat Williams, have no one capable to replace him. It pisses me the **** off. You only let a guy go when you have a ****ing replacement in hand. How hard is this to understand?

tomz
10-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Once again, any time a WR motions the D secondary is confused as ****, happened often in that 4th quarter. Lafell walked in on his first TD, huge blown coverage. And again you saw on the Pats last TD drive, constant confusion. What the **** is Schwartz doing with these guys?

Schwartz is giving us the Lions defense. Stopping the run but a perennially bad secondary. Perhaps that is his MO. No idea how to coach/scheme the secondary so once the pass rush tires a bit, it's over. People running wide open all day. Play off slow receivers. Etc.

kingJofNYC
10-12-2014, 03:20 PM
We play off constantly, I hate that ****. It's a bend don't break defense, we shouldn't expect anything else. Just keep everything in front of you! Except we didn't today.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 03:27 PM

Get your head out of your ass.

Night Train
10-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Secondary has 1 decent player in Aaron Williams and he didn't play. D looked lost the entire 2nd half and the O did their part with the bad 1st half turnovers.

Bills are a 2nd tier team and got beat. Pointing fingers means nothing to me.