PDA

View Full Version : We Are 3-3 with 2 Easy Games Next -- Keep Calm

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Minny and the Jets suck.

We will win these two games and be 5-3 at the bye week.

The Jets and Dolphins lost again today.

We are 1-1 in the division. If we go 4-2, we will be at least 8-8. If we go 5-1, we win the division.

I don't think we can win the division without beating the Pats.

A Wild Card spot looks tough the way that the Bengals, Ravens, Broncos and Chargers are playing.

Nonetheless, if someone said the Bills will be 5-3 at the bye before the season started, you would have all have been happy.

Novacane
10-12-2014, 03:03 PM
The Jets on the road is never an easy game. I think they can win them both though. They better kill the Vikings next week. It's just that we're sick and tired of being the Patriots *****es

Crisis
10-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Hopefully we can win the next two, but we're also 1-3 vs the conference right now. We're not going to be winning many tiebreakers.

imbondz
10-12-2014, 03:05 PM
You know how many threads like this have been started over the past 15 years? I'm done with this type of thinking. I see what kind of team we have. We have exactly a .500 team. We have a QB with a career .500 record. We will finish as a mediocre team.

colin
10-12-2014, 03:08 PM
i think our easy schedule leads us to a 500+ season, but playoffs look to be a bridge too far. only shot we have at the playoffs is beating the pats in NE, and we haven't come close to that in a long while.

the SD loss, the Houston loss, and this loss all seemed to be super high emotion games vs decent teams. we played well for the most part in all of them, but a lack of execution just killed us. we aren't a winning team because we aren't under control and focussed. i don't think that's going to change.

Mace
10-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Minny and the Jets suck.

The Jets and Dolphins lost again today.

We are 1-1 in the division. If we go 4-2, we will be at least 8-8. If we go 5-1, we win the division.

I don't think we can win the division without beating the Pats.

A Wild Card spot looks tough the way that the Bengals, Ravens, Broncos and Chargers are playing.

Nonetheless, if someone said the Bills will be 5-3 at the bye before the season started, you would have all have been happy.

It sours me that New England owns them, even in their own house. Really sours me. Like losing forever to the Dolphins did back when I was the young wet behind the ears snot nosed punk. Thought by the time I was an old wet behind the ears snot nosed punk I wouldn't have to be soured by them being so reliably slapped around by any one team for so long anymore.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Hopefully we can win the next two, but we're also 1-3 vs the conference right now. We're not going to be winning many tiebreakers.

Being 1-3 in the conference makes things tough when it comes to playoff thoughts.

DynaPaul
10-12-2014, 03:13 PM
I am calm because this team rarely fires me up anymore.

ParanoidAndroid
10-12-2014, 03:13 PM
This was a game we needed to show up for. Too many mistakes again. The offense put together a few nice drives, but the turnovers killed us in the first half. Add on the horrendously bad PI by Duke Williams and you can honestly say the Bills beat themselves, yet again. It always seems we do something monumentally stupid every time we play the Pats and gift wrap the game for them.

Mace
10-12-2014, 03:19 PM
The standard Bills/Pats game summarized in 16 seconds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Night Train
10-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Bill must win next week against a struggling Vikings squad and make some changes after the Jets game during the bye break.

At least the Bills players are making it easy for the decision makers after this season. Make a solid offer to Hughes. Goodbye Spiller.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 03:38 PM
The Jets in their house are not an easy win, by any means.

Novacane
10-12-2014, 03:41 PM
defense should destroy Minny. 24-6 Bills

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2014, 03:41 PM

Look, I guess there are no easy wins by the Bills, but if we can't beat the Jets in NY the way the Jets are playing, why are we are even thinking the Bills are worth rooting for this year?

imbondz
10-12-2014, 03:58 PM
The standard Bills/Pats game summarized in 16 seconds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

this is why you're one of my favorite posters here. lol

imbondz
10-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Bill must win next week against a struggling Vikings squad and make some changes after the Jets game during the bye break.

At least the Bills players are making it easy for the decision makers after this season. Make a solid offer to Hughes. Goodbye Spiller.

at 3-3, losing 3 of our last 4, aren't we a struggling team? There's not one team we are guaranteed to beat. We have not turned that corner, even tho we thought we did.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Look, I guess there are no easy wins by the Bills, but if we can't beat the Jets in NY the way the Jets are playing, why are we are even thinking the Bills are worth rooting for this year?

The Bills are worth rooting for every year, and every game. Except, of course, for those who are only on-again/off-again fans.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2014, 04:09 PM
​I dont think the object of the season is to beat the easy teams.Teams need to make a statement by beating the big boys like the Patriots to advance their season.

The object is to win every winnable game on your schedule and then steal a couple victories elsewhere.

Well at least for the average team that's the goal since doing that will get you to the playoffs. As an average team you won't go anywhere in the playoffs but at least you got there.

notacon
10-12-2014, 04:52 PM
:rofl: I would not bet one penny on the Bills being 5-3 after the next two games.

The have just as much a chance of being 3-5.

Sooner or later one has to face facts. The Bills are not going to make the playoffs again this year, and probably won't until Pagula gets some real football people to run the operation. Marrone is in way over his head. He always was....typical Ralph Wilson stretch of a wish and a dream in picking HC.

The last group of dopes screwed up last year's and next year's draft. It's obvious that Watkins has a possibility of being good in the is league. He certainly is not worth two first round picks. Spiller alway has been a waste of first round pick and the Bills ****ed up the QB situation once again.

At the very best, this team is 8-8. More likely, the usual 7-9.

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2014, 04:58 PM
At the very best, this team is 8-8. More likely, the usual 7-9.

6-10 is our usual.

Mace
10-12-2014, 06:32 PM
6-10 is our usual.

We've come a long way since tearing down the dread altar of the arch liche Jauron with his 7-9's and inability to speak sentences and complete thoughts in english.

I figure it this way though, his 7-9's felt like 4-12's to me and made me feel soiled, where the recent 6-10's only feel like 5-11's, so I feel a little bit less wretched at the end of the season.

DraftBoy
10-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Both games are toss-ups.

If Bridgewater plays like he did v. ATL then we could be in for a long game. If he plays like he has the last two weeks then it should be a win.

The Jets are a dumpster fire, but its a divisional game, and they get extra rest coming into the game.

Ingtar33
10-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Minny and the Jets suck.

When we're 12-4 or 13-3 and rolling into the playoffs year after year we can talk about "easy wins". right now your head is in the wrong place. this is a team that hasn't had a winning record since mike mularkey was head coach. seriously... we're talking over a decade now since the last time we went... get this... 9-7. There is no such thing as an "easy" game even for superbowl winning teams, and here we are playing .500 ball 6 games into the season and you're already counting wins.

the difference between 5-11 and 11-5 isn't that much in the nfl. 3 points here, 3 points there... next thing you know you're a division winner or dead last in the AFCE. By the way, the jets and dolphins both lost to teams we have to play this year. So even though we lost today to the pats, it's not like we somehow "gained" anything on them. I'd say it's pretty likely we'll get slammed by both denver and the packers. Lose to the patriots one more time and we're already at 6 losses this year... in short, if we want to make the playoffs we need to win pretty much every single game that's moderately "winnable". we need the breaks to keep going our way (like those missed fgs in detroit) we need to keep up the + in turnover differential. and we need kyle orton to keep playing above average ball like he has been.

Personally when i saw the schedule i remember thinking that i'd be happy if we were .500 going into the bye... i still feel that way... 500 would mean we're playing meaningful football at the end of the year. it's been nearly a decade since that was last the case. when i saw the schedule i remember thinking the biggest barrier to us doing "something" this season was games 5-8 and 13-16; i no longer think this "quarter" of football is the toughest in our schedule, but the last quarter definately is. If we want to get into the playoffs we probably need to pretty much go on a 6 game winning streak right about now... cause i don't see us doing more then winning 1 of the last 3 games of the season.

Meathead
10-13-2014, 02:23 AM
It sours me that New England owns them, even in their own house. Really sours me. Like losing forever to the Dolphins did back when I was the young wet behind the ears snot nosed punk. Thought by the time I was an old wet behind the ears snot nosed punk I wouldn't have to be soured by them being so reliably slapped around by any one team for so long anymore.

with the fish kelly turned the tables and dominated them especially in the playoffs. we are going to have to wait until marcia goes to that big pap smear in the sky before we get our revenge

Historian
10-13-2014, 04:41 AM

In fact ,it's usually a comedy of errors.

Just like last year, I see no quit in this team,more often than not they are going to be successful,but you have to protect the ball.

TacklingDummy
10-13-2014, 06:03 AM
The Minnesota game is going to be close.
If I was a betting man I'd bet on Minnesota with the points.

sukie
10-13-2014, 06:57 AM
We can't beat the Patriots... Everything else in this thread is white noise.

Meathead
10-13-2014, 07:12 AM
like everybody realizes, theres no division now barring two highly unlikely scenarios:
- cheats collapse
- bills win in the cheater finale

so virtually guaranteed a wc is the best we can hope for now and even thats gonna be super tough. sigh

trapezeus
10-13-2014, 07:46 AM
how many times have we seen this script? the bills have pissed away easy games routinely in the last 14 years. and they play the good teams well but lose in the end. sometimes they stun the other 7-9 to 9-7 teams who looked over the bills and win a game (see: Detroit).

If they lose this minny game, the wheels are completely off.

and as bad as the jets are, their d is going to keep the nonexistent offense scratching their heads. i honestly think we go 1-1 or 0-2 in this stretch.

in some ways, it's for the best. let the pegulas see how rotted out the inner workings of their purchase are and start from scratch building up a real football program.

Ed
10-13-2014, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't call any NFL game easy, but I agree that these games are definitely winnable and I expect the Bills to be 5-3 at the bye. The Vikings game this week looks to be our easiest remaining game of the season, so I'd be really disappointed if we drop this one. Bridgewater missed the GB game with an ankle injury so this will be his first start on the road. He played well against Atlanta, but was terrible yesterday against the Lions. Our defense is much more comparable to the Lions than the Falcons. I would expect our D to make things tough for Bridgewater.

I never like how we match up against the Jets and playing them on the road always seems really tough for us. I would expect this game to be close and low scoring, but I would still give the Bills the edge. They should be favored.

Obviously this team is no stranger to letting us down, but I don't think a loss to the Pats should ruin our season.

TheBrownBear
10-13-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm a pessimist, but I just can't write off this version of the Bills for a single loss to one of the best teams in football, coached and quarterbacked by two GOATs, who just came off a slaughtering of another playoff team. Even with a -3 turnover margin and 100+ yards in (suspect) penalties, they still had a chance with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. This Bills team has shown me enough not to give up on them yet. Yeah you can argue that they looked like our typical ol' Buffalo losers yesterday, but what did they look like last week in Detroit when they clawed out an improbable road win? Or the win in Chicago? Those were "winning team" kind of victories.

I think we'll make it to the bye at 5-3 and then anything's possible. I also really don't get the pessimism on Orton, other than the fact that he's bounced around a bit. He's looked good to me so far. Better than anything we've had since Flutie.