PDA

View Full Version : Orton

swiper
10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
I know we lost. But it's nice to see a real NFL QB standing in the pocket for a change.

24/38 for 299. Rating 94.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554259

Wish we had a better o-line. Need guards.

Night Train
10-12-2014, 03:37 PM
3 turnovers in the first half. Cost us the game.

Historian
10-12-2014, 03:38 PM
36-36!

Novacane
10-12-2014, 03:39 PM
He's a lot better than what we had. If they could get a running game he may be good enough for a year or two.

Fixxxer
10-12-2014, 03:41 PM
he gave the ball twice to the opposition and there were a couple of times he was oblivious of the pass rush. Nice numbers, ok, but not a good performance.

pmoon6
10-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I know we lost. But it's nice to see a real NFL QB standing in the pocket for a change.

Wish we had a better o-line. Need guards.While Orton won't get us to the Super Bowl, he can get us to the playoffs.

Much better than watching E.J. struggle even if they are growing pains.

Agree 100% on the O-line.

I'm guessing we draft a QB next year.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Would you have preferred EJ?

The guard play is horrendous.

Mace
10-12-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm finding it infuriating they won't play the average Urbik over the lost Richardson or the bad Pears.

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 03:49 PM
If that's how he's going to play going forward, put EJ back in. EJ is still young, whereas Orton is on his 5th team.

imbondz
10-12-2014, 03:54 PM
he gave the ball twice to the opposition and there were a couple of times he was oblivious of the pass rush. Nice numbers, ok, but not a good performance.

Agreed. He looked out of it in the first quarter and a half, and randomly in the 2nd half. A pass rush right up the middle that the guy had to run 10 yards to get to him, Orton never saw til the last second. Yeah he's better than what we had, and I like Orton, but he's a mediocre QB. Decent but not great. Good enough to get us to 8-8

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 03:54 PM

The whole line has been putrid this year.

Thurmal
10-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Orton played very well, in my opinion. He picked up a ton of 3rd and longs today.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-12-2014, 04:16 PM
He struggled in the first half but improved as the game went on.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 04:23 PM
If that's how he's going to play going forward, put EJ back in. EJ is still young, whereas Orton is on his 5th team.

No. God no. Never.

And, Orton is so much better than EJ will ever be.

The Jokeman
10-12-2014, 04:30 PM
He struggled in the first half but improved as the game went on.

Just like last week. I hope it's not a trend.

Scumbag College
10-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Orton is what he's always been. A middle of the road QB who will keep you in the game. He won't win it or lose it for you. Right now, this is the only option for the Bills if they want to compete for a post season.

notacon
10-12-2014, 04:44 PM

Orton sucks. You are delusional. Him being almost totally immobile is not a good thing. He does not protect the ball, and he hangs on to it much too long.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Orton sucks. You are delusional. Him being almost totally immobile is not a good thing. He does not protect the ball, and he hangs on to it much too long.

If you think Orton sucks then you clearly don't know how to evaluate a QB. Orton is a good QB. He isn't great, he's not elite, but he's good.

Mr. Pink
10-12-2014, 04:49 PM
If you think Orton sucks then you clearly don't know how to evaluate a QB. Orton is a good QB. He isn't great, he's not elite, but he's good.

I don't know if I'd call Orton good. He's not bad either. He's just an NFL caliber QB, something this team hasn't had since Bledsoe.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't know if I'd call Orton good. He's not bad either. He's just an NFL caliber QB, something this team hasn't had since Bledsoe.

He's absolutely is an nfl QB. He's a quality starter. He's not a top 10 guy but he's good.

swiper
10-12-2014, 04:58 PM
He's absolutely is an nfl QB. He's a quality starter. He's not a top 10 guy but he's good.

The last time he played a significant part of the season was 2010. He was ranked 10th in the league. While our guy (Fitz) was 22nd. I'll take him. And notacon should give up his fancard because he's so utterly lost.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2010/seasontype/2

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 05:01 PM
No. God no. Never.

And, Orton is so much better than EJ will ever be.
Maybe in another 9 years we can have a legitimate debate over who will ever be better than whom. Right now, Orton is slightly better because of those 9 extra years. But he's not going to be better than what he is.

notacon
10-12-2014, 05:03 PM

he has a long career to evaluate. He's a good back up QB. Not starter material. He sucks.

swiper
10-12-2014, 05:16 PM
he has a long career to evaluate. He's a good back up QB. Not starter material. He sucks.

Again. The last time he really played, he finished as the 10th best QB in the NFL. WTF is wrong with you?

justasportsfan
10-12-2014, 05:29 PM

NO!

swiper
10-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Orton has played 2 games and thrown for 607 yards.

He completes passes over 15 yards.

He converts 3rd downs.

What he doesn't do is play safety, cornerback or guard.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 05:49 PM

No

The Doc
10-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Bro, I'll be honest...I'm new to this board. I don't want to butt heads with people...but your opinion is so off and ignorant that I simply can't let it go. Kyle Orton could be the best QB we've had since 12 hung it up.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Maybe in another 9 years we can have a legitimate debate over who will ever be better than whom. Right now, Orton is slightly better because of those 9 extra years. But he's not going to be better than what he is.

9 years? EJs got about 1-2 years left in the NFL at max...

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Bro, I'll be honest...I'm new to this board. I don't want to butt heads with people...but your opinion is so off and ignorant that I simply can't let it go. Kyle Orton could be the best QB we've had since 12 hung it up.

That's not really saying much though.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:50 PM
We're averaging 20 ppg game under Orton so far. On average that's fewer than last season.

better days
10-13-2014, 12:57 PM

I agree the Bills need better Guards, but I think a BETTER OC is more important.

notacon
10-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Again. The last time he really played, he finished as the 10th best QB in the NFL. WTF is wrong with you?

Jesus. If he was so great then why are the Bills his...what...sixth team?? The only ranking he was "10th best in the NFL" is passer rating (I guess...I have no idea what the **** you are talking about), which anyone with half a brain knows is a far cry from evaluating the value of a QB. This reminds me of Sparky saying that Holcomb was a "top 10 QB"...which, of course, he never was and never could have been.

Orton sucks. He has proven himself to not be capable of being a starting NFL QB. WTF is wrong with YOU?!?!?!

I'd rather have EJ with the possibility of getting better. Orton will never get better. When coaches get ahold of film on him, he's dead meat. Wake the **** up. Orton is a dead end street to mediocrity.

notacon
10-13-2014, 04:18 PM

:rofl: Open your eyes, Bro! See my post above.

Orton sucks. He is mediocrity squared.

swiper
10-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I agree the Bills need better Guards, but I think a BETTER OC is more important.

I won't disagree with that. The Bills clearly need both things.

swiper
10-13-2014, 04:55 PM
:rofl: Open your eyes, Bro! See my post above.

Orton sucks. He is mediocrity squared.

You gave up being ridiculed in the PRS forum to get ridiculed here. You are ******ed. Squared.

Try a new hobby, because you fail at this one. But that surprises exactly no one.

The Doc
10-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Jesus. If he was so great then why are the Bills his...what...sixth team?? The only ranking he was "10th best in the NFL" is passer rating (I guess...I have no idea what the **** you are talking about), which anyone with half a brain knows is a far cry from evaluating the value of a QB. This reminds me of Sparky saying that Holcomb was a "top 10 QB"...which, of course, he never was and never could have been.

Orton sucks. He has proven himself to not be capable of being a starting NFL QB. WTF is wrong with YOU?!?!?!

I'd rather have EJ with the possibility of getting better. Orton will never get better. When coaches get ahold of film on him, he's dead meat. Wake the **** up. Orton is a dead end street to mediocrity.

Bro...seriously, Orton has physical limitations but his arms good enough and between the ears he's got it...I'm right, you're wrong. If you watched the past two weeks there were easily 20 throws that Orton makes that EJ wouldn't because EJ is inaccurate and a mental midgit in terms of football IQ. I'm right. I'm not wrong, but you are. Orton is our best option right now.

notacon
10-13-2014, 05:41 PM
You gave up being ridiculed in the PRS forum to get ridiculed here. You are ******ed. Squared.

Try a new hobby, because you fail at this one. But that surprises exactly no one.

:rofl: Only by the brain dead wing nuts. Take a look at my "thanks" to posts ratio. You are full of ****.

WagonCircler
10-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Take a look at my "thanks" to posts ratio. You are full of ****.

Just because you preach to your choir doesn't mean you're not full of **** too.

notacon
10-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Bro...seriously, Orton has physical limitations but his arms good enough and between the ears he's got it...I'm right, you're wrong. If you watched the past two weeks there were easily 20 throws that Orton makes that EJ wouldn't because be a starter....ever.e EJ is inaccurate and a mental midgit in terms of football IQ. I'm right. I'm not wrong, but you are. Orton is our best option right now.

I disagree.

In a league starved for good starting QB's, no one want Orton....except the Bills.

Ej is not as inaccurate as you opine, and what he needs is playing time. Orton is not "the best option" right now, because he is not going to be a starter...ever. I am right and you are wrong. The record at the end of the year with Orton at the helm will prove my rightness.

He took over the team at .500. I'd bet a dime to a dollar that the team does not end up better than .500. Most likely, they will end up below .500. What would that do to help advance the team? Absolutely NOTHING!

notacon
10-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Just because you preach to your choir doesn't mean you're not full of ****.

:rofl: Says the one with no balls to come over to the politics part of this site. We'd eat your wimpy ass alive there. :rofl:

Anyway, I was responding to a specific dishonest assertion by swiper. He's as full of **** as you are.

WagonCircler
10-13-2014, 05:50 PM
In a league starved for good starting QB's, no one want Orton....except the Bills.

When in doubt, post a falsehood!

Dallas wanted Orton back. He didn't want them. So he wisely manipulated them into cutting him, keeping boatloads of money.

During the time that teams were looking for QBs, Orton was still under contract with Dallas.

The Bills shat the bed so badly on their QB situation that they found themselves desperate enough to sign Orton the last week of camp.

They could have done a LOT worse.

WagonCircler
10-13-2014, 05:51 PM
:rofl: Says the one with no balls to come over to the politics part of this site. We'd eat your wimpy ass alive there. :rofl:

Anyway, I was responding to a specific dishonest assertion by swiper. He's as full of **** as you are.

As I've said many times, why would I want to swim in a public pool fool of fools and their urine?

Wimpy ass? I'll meet you anywhere, any time, *****.

notacon
10-13-2014, 06:16 PM
When in doubt, post a falsehood!

Dallas wanted Orton back. He didn't want them. So he wisely manipulated them into cutting him, keeping boatloads of money.

During the time that teams were looking for QBs, Orton was still under contract with Dallas.

The Bills shat the bed so badly on their QB situation that they found themselves desperate enough to sign Orton the last week of camp.

They could have done a LOT worse.

Dallas wanted him as a backup. I was talking about no team wanted him as a starter. You knew that and lied anyway.

Go ahead and hitch your wagon to Orton. He sucks, and you know it. He sucks a little less than Manuel, but with zero upside.

As I've said many times, why would I want to swim in a public pool fool of fools and their urine?

Just like any wing nut bully, you immediately want to act out with violence. You are a wimp...an intellectual wimp, and a chicken ****.

The only "public pool of fools and their urine" is right here in the Bills forum. What I see is huge swings in bull****, that are rarely correct, and reek of hubris and fake bravado. No wonder you like it here, swimming in the warm piss of blowhards. :rofl:

Your promise to meet me "anywhere, anytime" is on the politics forum, you wimpy *****. Then again, there are enough brain dead wing nuts that can't string together a coherent argument without rank dishonesty, we don't need more of the same boring chest beating with zero substance.

Mace
10-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Orton is still Orton. Means competent and bouncing up and down around the average graph line depending on the team around him.

Team is better for having him instead of Manuel who just doesn't make most of the throws he makes, and probably throws more picks last couple weeks with more checkoffs.

He's not the savior, wasn't supposed to be. We were supposed to be defense and running game with a capable passing threat. Orton has shown some arm, some guts, some threat. Guards stink, running game going nowhere, defense turns it on and off. Hackett is relying on the golden arm Orton doesn't have, and so far it hasn't worked half bad if erratic for a guy getting used to being a starter again with a new team, plays, staff, players.

The team is the problem. They aren't as good as they tried to convince people they were, and if you bought into it, you're looking for positional scapegoats.

Orton is doing fine. Wasn't anyone better to grab at the start of the season who'd be doing as well now.

No one wanted Orton because he was on the Dallas payroll so long, and I think really did nearly retire. Had he tossed himself on the market, no telling. Hardly think he was unwanted. Too many teams struggling with QB and depth, he's only 31. You still have Trent Edwards kicking around, people signing Dennis Dixon, Chad Henne, Josh McCown, and Drew Stanton out there on rosters. Rex Grossman and Tebow took his first two jobs, presently have none in the league themselves, he's still throwing for 300 yards.

Dallas wanted him as a backup because Romo is brittle. So they wanted another starter behind their franchise guy, because they thought Orton could take them where they believed they could go.

Orton isn't the problem. The team is. By himself, Orton can't be the magic solution either.

HHURRICANE
10-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Orton is a journeyman for a reason. With that said he's definately better than EJ.

600 yards in 2 games. Didn't EJ have that in 4?!?!

swiper
10-14-2014, 04:10 AM

You live is a fantasy world. I am not a "wing nut". And I'm telling you you are a an idi*t.

sukie
10-14-2014, 06:44 AM

This is how it was supposed to be... Veteran playing while young rookie QB learns. At some point the EJ experiment has to come full circle. Orton plays then eventually EJ gets one last shot.

sukie
10-14-2014, 07:28 AM
If the Bills lose this week AND Orton thows for 300 plus meaningless yards... How long is the scholarship given him going forward?

Fletch
10-14-2014, 08:00 AM
Orton is still Orton. Means competent and bouncing up and down around the average graph line depending on the team around him.

He's not the savior, wasn't supposed to be. We were supposed to be defense and running game with a capable passing threat. Orton has shown some arm, some guts, some threat. Guards stink, running game going nowhere, defense turns it on and off. Hackett is relying on the golden arm Orton doesn't have, and so far it hasn't worked half bad if erratic for a guy getting used to being a starter again with a new team, plays, staff, players.

The team is the problem. They aren't as good as they tried to convince people they were, and if you bought into it, you're looking for positional scapegoats.

That's exactly right. The problem, here at least, is that you now have a whole bunch of people here that claim that our D is elite, that our WRs are amongst the best in the NFL, and that our RBs are also elite, that don't want to step down from that stance as ridiculous as it may have been.

This was a mediocre team at best at the onset of the season that's had luck fall on their side in two of three wins.

Here's the problem that I have with something that you pointed out, and that I'm filing under TBD for now, but why has our rushing game been reduced to half of what it was under EJ?

It's not just the attempts because we had the same number of attempts in the SD and Houston games as we had in the Detroit and NE games. And OK, Detroit had a great D, but what about the Pats then, theirs isn't great. We had 50% more attempts in the Miami and Chicago games, which in the case of Miami makes sense, but even there, we had nearly 2 full yards-per-carry more rushing. It wasn't rushing by Manuel either.

The only thing that I can think is happening is that as you say, Marrone and Hackett are relying on the golden arm that Orton doesn't have and teams are focusing more on stopping our run knowing that, which would explain Orton's yards but his accompanying lack of point production which is no more than it was under Manuel. Yards don't win games, points do, something that routinely goes unnoticed by many here.

Red Zone production is better but we're just not getting into the Red Zone anymore than we did, maybe less. Again, how does one explain this.

Orton: fewer sacks (oddly due to lesser mobility), more yards, less rushing production, same point production. It can only be an overemphasis in passing with the idiots that coach the team somehow thinking that if we pass more then we'll perform better overall and put up more points.

We'll learn more in the ensuing weeks.

Orton is doing fine. Wasn't anyone better to grab at the start of the season who'd be doing as well now.

The start of the season is he worst time to address a QB issue which brings up the real problem here. The question is will the Pegulas actually do anything about it. I'm starting to think that they're going to be more inclined to not rock the local boat than they are to make the required changes. At that point I'll crawl back into the hole from whence I came and simply downtone my football viewing until such a time as they actually do address the real issues. I'm really not looking forward to one or two more years of the same much less more than that.

I doubt that Kim knows much about football and the extent to which she hires football people and separates herself from the running of the team will be the extent to which we have future success. That last thing Buffalo needs is a Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones female version.

Fletch
10-14-2014, 08:11 AM

Dude, come on. You started this, talk about urine in a public pool.

If you ask me you're the one that urinated here.

Mods?

TacklingDummy
10-14-2014, 08:14 AM
TurnOrton = Turn over

yordad
10-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Dude, come on. You started this, talk about urine in a public pool.

If you ask me you're the one that urinated here.

Mods?You called him a wimpy ass, he called you a *****.... then you call for mods? LOL. Am I the only one who thought that was funny?

notacon
10-14-2014, 09:27 AM
You live is a fantasy world. I am not a "wing nut". And I'm telling you you are a an idi*t.

I did not say you were a wing nut. Why do you have to lie about what I said.

Why do you have to insult me? Don't you have any coherent arguments?

justasportsfan
10-14-2014, 09:39 AM
I disagree.

Ej is not as inaccurate as you opine, and what he needs is playing time. Orton is not "the best option" right now, because he is not going to be a starter...ever. I am right and you are wrong. The record at the end of the year with Orton at the helm will prove my rightness.

He took over the team at .500. I'd bet a dime to a dollar that the team does not end up better than .500. Most likely, they will end up below .500. What would that do to help advance the team? Absolutely NOTHING!

NO!

notacon
10-14-2014, 09:54 AM
NO!

No to what exactly?