PDA

View Full Version : "Whaleys only one draft in"

The Doc
10-12-2014, 04:29 PM
K, so this isn't knee jerk from today's loss but I was thinking about that after the game. Brandon has been saying Whaley is only one draft in to separate him from EJ. I get it. But here's the thing...Doug's first draft ain't looking so good. Watkins is gonna be great but we gave up TWO firsts! Our 2nd pick is a bust and the man thought Chris Williams was a good idea...

That shouldn't be forgotten. Whaleys young and there some good things to be said but he's also got some skeletons in his closet and Pegula will evaluate accordingly.

MikeInRoch
10-12-2014, 04:36 PM
I just love judging drafts after 5 games. It makes SO much sense!

The Doc
10-12-2014, 04:38 PM
I just love judging drafts after 5 games. It makes SO much sense!

Our 2nd round pick is a bust. That's in. Watkins is gonna be a star...that's not what's up for debate. But what is known is our situation and giving up two picks when QB is an issue is crazy.

But you do have a point.

swiper
10-12-2014, 05:22 PM
How is Seantrel Henderson doing?

I think Whaley has to get a guard, safety, and a RB (and dump Spiller) next year. I know. Duh.

T-Long
10-12-2014, 05:25 PM
It drives me nuts when people say we gave up TWO first round picks. We swapped firsts in 2014 (that isnt giving one up, it's swapping one). We gave up ONE first round draft pick. I had no problem with it in April, and won't have an issue with it 15 years from now when he becomes the best Bills WR ever.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 06:00 PM
It drives me nuts when people say we gave up TWO first round picks. We swapped firsts in 2014 (that isnt giving one up, it's swapping one). We gave up ONE first round draft pick. I had no problem with it in April, and won't have an issue with it 15 years from now when he becomes the best Bills WR ever.

We gave up two...we gave up 1 on EJ Manuel.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Watkins will be a star...KuJo is not a bust, but I'd like to see him moved inside to guard...Richardson is starting, and so is Henderson...Brown has played almost every defensive snap this season and acquitted himself well...Cockrell and Johnson haven't done much...If you cash in on a playmaker on offense, a solid LBer and potentially three-fifths of a starting offensive line in one draft, I'd call that a really good three days of work. Hell, even if KuJo does bust four starters is damn good.

The Doc
10-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Watkins will be a star...KuJo is not a bust, but I'd like to see him moved inside to guard...Richardson is starting, and so is Henderson...Brown has played almost every defensive snap this season and acquitted himself well...Cockrell and Johnson haven't done much...If you cash in on a playmaker on offense, a solid LBer and potentially three-fifths of a starting offensive line in one draft, I'd call that a really good three days of work. Hell, even if KuJo does bust four starters is damn good.

Look,where I was going is that Pegula WILL evaluate Whaley to see if he wants to keep him on....and whatever you think of the amount we gave up for Watkins, right now it's not looking good for Whaley.

YardRat
10-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Look,where I was going is that Pegula WILL evaluate Whaley to see if he wants to keep him on....and whatever you think of the amount we gave up for Watkins, right now it's not looking good for Whaley.

Of course he's going to evaluate Whaley...he's going to evaluate the entire organization...but one player, one draft pick, certainly isn't going to be the only factor.

MikeInRoch
10-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Our 2nd round pick is a bust. That's in. Watkins is gonna be a star...that's not what's up for debate. But what is known is our situation and giving up two picks when QB is an issue is crazy.

But you do have a point.

There are no busts 5 games in.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:11 PM
K, so this isn't knee jerk from today's loss but I was thinking about that after the game. Brandon has been saying Whaley is only one draft in to separate him from EJ. I get it. But here's the thing...Doug's first draft ain't looking so good. Watkins is gonna be great but we gave up TWO firsts! Our 2nd pick is a bust and the man thought Chris Williams was a good idea...

That shouldn't be forgotten. Whaleys young and there some good things to be said but he's also got some skeletons in his closet and Pegula will evaluate accordingly.

Whaley was responsible for Manuel, he's said so himself. He's made it unmistakably clear.

Let's understand, he thought he could bring the read-option here which is why he and Brandon also hired Marrone. Nix was nothing but a hood ornament during 2012/2013.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:13 PM

OK, we used two 1st round picks and a 4th.

Feel better?

Bills best receiver ever? Are you even watching the games? He's had two notable games, one was against Miami. He's done **** in four other games. Hogan outplayed him today.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:14 PM
There are no busts 5 games in.

He's not going to be a bust in the classic sense, but anyone thinking that he's going to have been worth two 1st-rounders and a 4th doesn't have a clue.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:19 PM

Watch the video in my signature. Whaley said himself that if Manuel doesn't work out he should be looking for new work.

I cannot agree more, he should be looking for new work. There's one thing that will save him, us making the playoffs. But right now I wouldn't even bet that we hit 8-8.

Cleveland's looking better than we are. The other NE game, Denver, and Green Bay will likely be losses. Miami's playing well. KC's going to be tough. We're 2-7 against the Jets the last 9 meetings, only marginally better than we are against the Pats during that same stretch. The last time we took two from the Jets was 7 seasons ago.

chris66
10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
How is Seantrel Henderson doing?

I think Whaley has to get a guard, safety, and a RB (and dump Spiller) next year. I know. Duh. Henderson got raped by Ninkovich all game

IlluminatusUIUC
10-12-2014, 11:00 PM

There is a difference between a starter by necessity and a quality starter. Richardson and Brown are the former and both have played like it at times. Henderson at least won his job, but he's has rough patches too.

As for the original post: Whaley is more than one draft in - he started skimming off 2015s draft already.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 11:09 PM

It drives me nuts when people say they didn't. They used two first round picks to get one player. Pure stupidity.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 05:17 AM
There is a difference between a starter by necessity and a quality starter. Richardson and Brown are the former and both have played like it at times. Henderson at least won his job, but he's has rough patches too.

As for the original post: Whaley is more than one draft in - he started skimming off 2015s draft already.

Granted, I was actually thinking the same thing as I was posting, but to write off an entire draft with that kind of potential after 6 games is ridiculous. Rookies are going to have rough patches, and it doesn't matter what position they play or what round they were taken in.