PDA

View Full Version : Pats won today because of Brady, plain and simple

ghz in pittsburgh
10-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm not as angry as the Texans game which I really felt was a giveaway.

When you play New England, there is a good chance Brady can do this to you (2nd half), regardless how your defense is playing.

The Bills made the game easy for Pats with 3 1st half turnovers. Without them, it would be a very close game.

By the 2nd half, the Bills offense gradually figured out Pats D but unlike Detroit, NE has Brady who refused to get stopped.

Does not matter where the game is. If you know beforehand NE is getting +3 or +4 in turnovers, no one in the right mind would say the Bills have a chance.

Fixxxer
10-12-2014, 05:13 PM
we lost because we coughed up the ball three times. you can't do that and win this league.

Crisis
10-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Combination of mainly Brady, Douche Williams, 100+ yards in penalties, and three turnovers. There's not just one reason we lost today

cookie G
10-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Brady will be Brady when he has 4 and 5 seconds to throw.

coastal
10-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Fool's Gold could have helped this team make a statement today.

like the team... he failed to rise to the occasion.

not surprising really.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-12-2014, 05:46 PM

I'm going to agree with what the Dolphin player said, the Dolphins are built to beat the Pats, the Bills are built to beat the Dolphins. Brady does not like to move in the pocket that much so he had Dareus doubled blocked all game long. Kyle, sometimes too, though I did see the explosiveness from him today, maybe due to the knee injury. We don't have Wake kind freakish speed guy from the edges that can be on Brady in an instance - Hughes is close but not quite that good. Mario is a power guy which is great at setting edges and can push guys back to Brady's feet, but seems like Brady is ready for that more often than not.

upstart
10-12-2014, 05:51 PM
The Pats are 23-2 vs the Bills since Brady has been a starter.

I'd say he has the Bills #. It happens

Novacane
10-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Time will catch up to him eventually. Until it does we aren't beating the Patriots

imbondz
10-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Time will catch up to him eventually. Until it does we aren't beating the Patriots

Ben Rothlesberger was 18-1 against the Browns before todays game. So now he's 18-2 against them.

BLeonard
10-12-2014, 06:29 PM
The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

Not gonna win many games in the NFL when you are -3 in the turnover battle, especially not against teams that make you pay for the turnovers, like the Patriots do.

-Bill

Fixxxer
10-12-2014, 06:35 PM
The Patriots scored 16 points off of three Bills Turnovers. The Bills lost by 15.

Not gonna win many games in the NFL when you are -3 in the turnover battle, especially not against teams that make you pay for the turnovers, like the Patriots do.

-Bill

Exactly, we can't expect to win many games if we give the ball away.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-12-2014, 08:34 PM
We lost because of bad decisions, turnovers, and attrocious officiating. Brady was there, and btw I loved seeing Gronk get hurt, even if it was only for one play and I thought it was awesome injuring their center and RB. I know, I'm being a dick about that but trust me all other teams I don't like injuries. For the Pats, I quite enjoy when those ****ers get crippled.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Yeah, what happened to our elite D and best DL in the league?

As to our TOs, I just looked after it hit me to look, Spiller has more total fumbles during his time in Buffalo than he does rushing TDs.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Fool's Gold could have helped this team make a statement today.

like the team... he failed to rise to the occasion.

not surprising really.

How'd Dareus do today?

We've had to listen to a barrage of opinions about how elite Dareus is over the last week or so. No one on the DL looked much more than mediocre today.

And which NE offense showed up today? The ****ty one they've had for four games or the good one that showed up last week vs. Cincy?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-12-2014, 09:38 PM
I thought about the turnovers being a deciding fact, but man, watching all the post game conferences and interviews, I got the feeling that the team KNEW NOW that the division is NE's. Gotta be very deflating.

Where can the improvement of this team come from? Put it this way, 6 games in, over 1/3 season gone. What has improved so far? QB play has improved due to the switch from EJ to Orton. Run offense production has gone significantly down despite the QB change. I don't think the defense can improve much at all.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-12-2014, 09:49 PM
The Patriots won because they are incredibly precise and have excellent veteran leadership. I mean, look at their conversions, they were literally "run to the sticks and stop" and our guys were totally unprepared for it over and over. At the half, Spiller does the one thing - the ONE thing - that would be bad in that situation by fumbling the ball away. Brady comes in and calmly completes a sideline route to set up the field goal.

Precision.

Historian
10-13-2014, 04:44 AM
I think a lot of it is Belicheat,who for some reason,has had our number since we were 10 point favorites in the Super Bowl.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Turnovers, penalties, Hackett got out-coached in the first half, Schwartz in the second. The team isn't at the level yet where they can overcome all of that on a consistent basis, but then again that's probably why the vast majority of people had them finishing around .500 for the season.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 05:28 AM
By the 2nd half, the Bills offense gradually figured out Pats D but unlike Detroit, NE has Brady who refused to get stopped.

Right, and it was Brady badly burning McKelvin for a TD and not Brandon LaFell.

It was Brady that beat Gilmore for another TD and not Brian Tyms.

Let's give some of their other players some of the credit for torching our "elite D." Gronkowski had his best game of the season and Edelman looked like Wes Welker of old.

Yeah yeah, we held their rushing game in check. Let's not forget that it's Vereen and Ridley over there, better than most of what we've seen but still hardly top-10 caliber RBs.

Maybe Schwartz overemphasized stopping the run or maybe he just couldn't prevent Brady from having the best game of his season by a long shot yesterday.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 05:33 AM
I thought about the turnovers being a deciding fact, but man, watching all the post game conferences and interviews, I got the feeling that the team KNEW NOW that the division is NE's. Gotta be very deflating.

Where can the improvement of this team come from? Put it this way, 6 games in, over 1/3 season gone. What has improved so far? QB play has improved due to the switch from EJ to Orton. Run offense production has gone significantly down despite the QB change. I don't think the defense can improve much at all.

It can only come from Watkins, that's pretty much all we've changed from last season. Everyone raves about the OL but I don't think it was worse last season. It may have been better. What other differences are there? There aren't any, I've pointed this out for months. Everyone ranted about Bryce Brown but has he even had one carry this season?

Oh yeah, Mike Williams who according to some was supposed to log 1,000 yards and be a big red zone target is on pace for less than half of that and hasn't even been significant in red zone performance. He didn't even play yesterday. Not that he was missed or anything.

So essentially it's Watkins and he's not living up to his draft rap, not even close.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 05:34 AM

-Bill

Over the last two weeks opponents have scored 17 off of Orton's TOs. Our scoring hasn't increased over when EJ was in there. Yardage has, but not points.

notacon
10-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Brady is certainly a large part of the reason, but not the only...or the most important.

The Pats are a good team. They have probably the best NFL coach of our generation. Maybe of all time. I hate Belichick, but, you have to give him his due. He exposes weakness in other teams defense and offense just like he did yesterday.

Our QB's suck. Don't give me that 'but...but...Orton is sooooooo much better than Manuel'. Bullcrap. Orton is what he is. A veteran that has proven, without any shred of a doubt, that he is not a starter in the NFL. Period.

Manuel is still a rookie, and at least he has the possibility of getting better with experience. Orton does not. He'll never be better than a good backup. And even at that, he's inconsistent. Whatever weakness a team has at QB, Belichick is sure to sniff it out, and his defenses have the discipline to carry out and execute well.

The Bills defense has been vastly overrated on this site. They have never been "elite". That takes at least one full season of consistent high level defense against any opponent. Again...any weakness and Belichick, and especially Brady is going to sniff it out and exploit it.

The Bills defensive line is supposed to be one of the best in the league...and just a couple of games ago, the Pats offensive line was supposed to be on it's way down, not able to protect an aging Brady. Sunday exposed this for just what it was...wishful thinking and hubris.

The best sign of an elite coach and coaching staff is that they make adjustments and correct weaknesses. Buffalo does that fairly poorly, and NE is the best at doing it.

Hence...you have the result that I predicted last week. Brady would make our "elite' defense, look not so elite. And NE's defense...as unimpressive as it has been this year, would control Orton easily.

Face it. The Bills are not in NE's league yet. It is going to take a full bore house cleaning by Pagula. He needs some big time football people and some stability at coaching.