• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

OpIv37's postgame comments: Nothing has changed

I'm not going to bother breaking this down as much as I usually do, because it can be summed up so simply: nothing has changed.

-The Bills still have no QB.
    -The Bills and Patriots went in tied for tops in the NFL at +6 in turnovers. The Bills committed 3. The Patriots committed zero. Translation: the Bills still don't show up for the big games and the Patriots still do.
    -The game was close at the half. The Bills still don't make halftime adjustments.
    -The Bills suffered from Aaron Williams being hurt. The Patriots had a bunch of players get hurt and a few more playing injured, but it didn't hold them back at all.
    -The Bills still can't cover a TE (and I still call it The Ghost of Donte Whitner)
    -The refs still favor the Pats. Don't get me wrong- I'm not blaming the refs in a game where the Bills had 3 turnovers and over 100 yard in penalties. But on the Pats' final TD drive, they pushed off on the DB's at least twice, far worse than the push-off that was called offensive PI on the Bills. I don't know how the NFL can still pretend the officiating is objective with a straight face. And the first personal foul on Hughes was beyond ridiculous.
    -The Pats were the only AFCE team to win today. They will win the division easily. The only thing that is slightly different in this regard is that they won't win it by the virtue of being an elite team. They're a slightly above average team that will win it by default because the Jets are trash and the Bills and Dolphins define mediocrity.

The Pegula era is starting the same way the Wilson era ended. I understand- he's officially owned the team for 3 whole days and has had literally zero opportunity to make an actual impact yet. Long-term, nothing can be implied from this game, good or bad. But for this season, the Pats will easily win the division and the Bills will be looking at 6-7 wins. Nothing has changed.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • sudzy
    • Apr 2013

Re: OpIv37's postgame comments: Nothing has changed

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

100% agree
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Predicting 7 wins pretty much acknowledged that for me.

I saw the issues at QB , OG and CB this pre-season. I don't blame Marrone, since he doesn't run the draft or FA part. You play what you have.

Should win next week if they are anything and a good shot at the Jets. Still a 2nd tier team and will watch what moves they make during the bye week. It is what it is. No real surprise.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

It's not a surprise no. It is baffling to me that I allow myself to continually get my hopes up

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
            It's not a surprise no. It is baffling to me that I allow myself to continually get my hopes up

You're not the only one. I wish I could just walk away. I never will though.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

The last couple years I've refused to watch the Pats games live. I'll DVR them and watch them alter after I know the results. This year I allowed myself into believing things were different. I wanted to be apart of Pegula's 1st game as Bills owner and believe the Bill could win. I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy yanked the football out from in front of me.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                The last couple years I've refused to watch the Pats games live. I'll DVR them and watch them alter after I know the results. This year I allowed myself into believing things were different. I wanted to be apart of Pegula's 1st game as Bills owner and believe the Bill could win. I feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy yanked the football out from in front of me.
                Lol!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                  yeah that's pretty much a permanent feeling for Bills fans.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THRILLHO
                    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    -The game was close at the half. The Bills still don't make halftime adjustments.
                    -The Bills still can't cover a TE (and I still call it The Ghost of Donte Whitner)
                    -The refs still favor the Pats.
                    These were all three things I mentioned to my friends before the game started. Because it happens EVERY time we play the Patriots. Obviously there isn't much we can do about the refs, and Im sure some of it was on us. But we still cannot cover Gronk. And if we do, we can't tackle him. And the second half thing played out to perfection. Make it look like we can do this thing, nope. NE has found something to exploit and takes advantage of it. The worst part is, it doesnt matter who is coaching, it has been going on since before Marrone. Im just at a loss for explanation.
                    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

I'd go with the following needs:

1. QB
                      2. G- True Levitre replacement
                      3. CB- McKelvin upgrade
                      4. SS- Searcy/D Williams upgrade

Comment

• GreedoII
                        • Aug 2007

The SS issues is glaring
                        The Chris Williams signing was just terrible and mindless for what they gave him.
                        Pears at RG is stupid and desperate. just put Urbik in there and suck it up Marrone. What did this guy do to you? Sleep with your wife or something?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                          The SS issues is glaring
                          The Chris Williams signing was just terrible and mindless for what they gave him.
                          Pears at RG is stupid and desperate. just put Urbik in there and suck it up Marrone. What did this guy do to you? Sleep with your wife or something?
                          Urbik sucks just as bad if not more!

Comment

• bf1
                            • Oct 2010

Good assessment. I can't think of anything else.

Comment

• Buckets
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                              You're not the only one. I wish I could just walk away. I never will though.
                              At almost 70 years old I still won't walk away but my expectations are about as low as ever. I used to be the guy screaming at the TV and trying to break the coffee table but finally realized it is what it is, pathetic. I know we're not the "professionals", we don't get paid the big bucks, yada-yada but the things opIv37 pointed out are obvious to everyone except to those who have some control of the situation, they just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X