PDA

View Full Version : OK, so what happened to Watkins today?

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:09 PM
New England's passing D isn't so great that such a player with such special skills should have been outplayed by Hogan, Woods, and Chandler.

Couldn't be because Revis was on him most of the game, could it now.

I guess his skills really don't translate to this level like everyone thought, just one more game highlighting that. Once again, not sure he's even the best of this draft crop. He definitely wasn't worth the picks.

117 yards (Miami)
19 yard games.

Two impressive games, one against Miami. Four nothing games so far.

This was the player that Whaley said would propel us to the playoffs and about the only significant change from last season's offense to this one.

He's heading for right about 800 yards, which given his draft status would be woefully inadequate.

billser
10-12-2014, 09:16 PM
You conveniently skipped a week bringing up Watkins. He was up against best corner in nfl. Same thing happened to AJ Green week before. Everyone knows that, it's quite simple actually.

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Watkins was open many times. Orton either didn't look his way or threw a bad pass.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Revis is the best corner in the NFL?

I don't think so, not anymore.

What about the other games that he got 30, 31, and 19 yards. What then?

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Watkins was open many times. Orton either didn't look his way or threw a bad pass.

3 targets, 2 catches

Couldn't have been open all that much.

chris66
10-12-2014, 09:22 PM
He has been the best corner the past 2 weeks.

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 09:22 PM
3 targets, 2 catches

LOL! Great argument.

Lucidvizion
10-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Woefully inadequate? 800 yards is better than Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald in their rookie seasons. Would you say that their skills don't translate to this level?

Look, if you're trying to say it was bad to trade next years 1st pick you're probably preaching to the choir and we've all heard about it hundreds of times. But anyone that watches football knows that rookie WR's - even the best of the best - do not light it up in their rookie year.

billser
10-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Revis is the best corner in the NFL?

I don't think so, not anymore.

What about the other games that he got 30, 31, and 19 yards. What then?

Happens to the best of them, especially a rookie. If he has a 130 yard game next week, he'd be on pace to have a good rookie season. There shouldn't be a thread about this.

Goobylal
10-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Considering the QB'ing so far, he's doing about as well as can be expected.

feldspar
10-12-2014, 09:31 PM
OK, so what happened to Fletch last week?

What a complete douchebag.

What a win for our old pal Fletch this week. He's got some douchebag ammunition again, at least in his douche mind.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2014, 09:34 PM
New England's passing D isn't so great that such a player with such special skills should have been outplayed by Hogan, Woods, and Chandler.

Couldn't be because Revis was on him most of the game, could it now.

I guess his skills really don't translate to this level like everyone thought, just one more game highlighting that. Once again, not sure he's even the best of this draft crop. He definitely wasn't worth the picks.

117 yards (Miami)
19 yard games.

Two impressive games, one against Miami. Four nothing games so far.

This was the player that Whaley said would propel us to the playoffs and about the only significant change from last season's offense to this one.

He's heading for right about 800 yards, which given his draft status would be woefully inadequate.

What happened when Terry Pegula bought the Buffalo Bills? Your dreams were crushed and now you're going to keep ****ting on anything to do with the Bills. Go for a swim in Niagara Falls.

Fletch
10-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Woefully inadequate? 800 yards is better than Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald in their rookie seasons. Would you say that their skills don't translate to this level?

Look, if you're trying to say it was bad to trade next years 1st pick you're probably preaching to the choir and we've all heard about it hundreds of times. But anyone that watches football knows that rookie WR's - even the best of the best - do not light it up in their rookie year.

Watkins was supposed to be special. Sorry, not seeing it. He's good, but Whaley made a huge error in judgement. HUGE!

kingJofNYC
10-12-2014, 09:43 PM
You make huge errors in judgement every time you post.

Crisis
10-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Revis completely shut down AJ Green last week, too. The guy still has it. Sammy has been fine.

mightysimi
10-12-2014, 11:01 PM
There are how many scouts, draft guys, front office men and coaches? 98% of them had Watkins as the best receiver in the draft. Use your eyes to watch the games instead of the stats. Anyone who watches football can see that he is extremely talented. Were those 2 catches against Detroit anything that you have seen a Bills receiver do? Ever? Is he the first rookie to struggle with consistency? Is he the first receiver to get shut down by Revis? Give it a minute before jumping all over it man, Jesus.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 04:45 AM
I don't think Orton even looked his way the first three quarters, did he? Sometimes that's part of the game plan...

I'm not worried about Watkins, at all...he's going to be just fine.

DraftBoy
10-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Revis may not be the best CB in the NFL any more (though he certainly could make a case) but he's Top 5. Against a rookie he's going to win more times than not.

DraftBoy
10-13-2014, 05:37 AM
Watkins was supposed to be special. Sorry, not seeing it. He's good, but Whaley made a huge error in judgement. HUGE!

So based on your reply, "special" is not outproducing two of the best WR's to play in the NFL in the last decade during his rookie season?

You see this is what we call completely unrealistic expectations. There is no way Watkins can ever be a success in your opinion, you're completely biased.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 05:42 AM
LOL

And who was covering him against San Diego, Houston, and Chicago?

He's supposed to be what was going to propel us into the playoffs, remember.

I think that the ones with the unrealistic expectations are those that actually believed that.

alnilla
10-13-2014, 06:20 AM
3 targets, 2 catches

Sammy was open A LOT yesterday watch the film

trapezeus
10-13-2014, 06:28 AM
The real fun is watching him flip between fake bills fan and his very wide right pats handle

DraftBoy
10-13-2014, 10:18 AM
LOL

And who was covering him against San Diego, Houston, and Chicago?

He's supposed to be what was going to propel us into the playoffs, remember.

I think that the ones with the unrealistic expectations are those that actually believed that.

I don't recall seeing anybody say Sammy Watkins was going to take this team by himself to the playoffs. Can you quote these statements or are you creating them to fit your own narrative?