PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams asks for trade out of Buffalo

IlluminatusUIUC
10-13-2014, 09:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hadley Engelhard, agent for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a> WR Mike Williams, has been given permission to gauge interest in a possible trade from Buffalo.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/521675618098753536">October 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well that was fun, but it looks like some are already heading for the lifeboats.

RedEyE
10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
I can't blame him. He isn't utilized properly in this offense and obviously was replaced in the passing game with Hogan this week.

Meathead
10-13-2014, 09:49 AM
wonder why hes had such difficulty getting production here

OpIv37
10-13-2014, 09:56 AM
The issues with him have always been more attitude than skill. I don't blame him for wanting out of this QB cluster****, but wanting to leave his hometown team after 6 games isn't exaclfy going to win anyone over on those character concerns. I'd be surprised if they find much of a market for him. It would basically have to be a team with WR injuries that isn't right up against the cap.

HHURRICANE
10-13-2014, 09:59 AM
This one is embarrassing. Maybe someone needs to start looking at the real problem...the offensive coordinator.

"Spiller up the middle" game manager. Can we package Spiller as well? That Lynch guy has been awful in Seattle.

Ed
10-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Lame. How do you not find a way to use Mike Williams?

I thought one of the reasons for trading Stevie Johnson was the addition of Williams. It's a good thing they're paying $10 mil this season to not have Stevie on the team. I'm sure Orton would have had no use for him. I mean who needs WR's like Mike Williams and Stevie J when you have the great 7-11 on the team!

EDS
10-13-2014, 10:11 AM
What round pick did the Bills give up to get this guy?

feldspar
10-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Wide receiver Mike Williams was a surprise healthy scratch in Buffalo yesterday. It sounds like he would prefer to be playing elsewhere.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Williams' agent Hadley Engelhard was given permission to "gauge interest" from other teams to seek a trade, according to a source involved in the situation. Williams was not on the injury report last week, so the Bills essentially chose to keep him on the bench in favor of Chris Hogan and Marquise Goodwin. Bills general manager Doug Whaley said Monday the team is "not actively shopping" Williams, but confirmed that a trade was requested.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410323/article/mike-williams-given-permission-to-seek-trade-from-bills

Pretty surprising turn of events with Mike Williams this week. The guy is from Buffalo, which makes it all the more crazy. Wonder what is going on here. I'm sure we haven't been told.

Typ0
10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
No excuse for not having him in the game yesterday. I don't blame him one bit. They don't appreciate what he can contribute. With a guy that can throw to him he should be out there blowing DBs away with Watkins on the field. Sad..

feldspar
10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Sorry, I did not see the other thread, even though I looked for it. :(

The Doc
10-13-2014, 10:41 AM
WTF?!

Really? I like Woods a lot. But I like Watkins, Woods, and Williams even better.

Homegrown
10-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Bills need a Guard... Trade him to Tampa for Logan Mankins. ..

yordad
10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
It is easy... Goodwin stretches the field. Hogan contributes on special teams. During weeks were we need an extra big guy (tight end in this case) Williams is the odd man out. He is still ahead of Hogan on the depth chart at WR, but gets scratched in favor of special teams contributions.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 10:48 AM
LOL

Things falling apart already this season with one key loss.

This can only happen in Buffalo. So much for the smooth intro into the Pegula era.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
This one is embarrassing. Maybe someone needs to start looking at the real problem...the offensive coordinator.

"Spiller up the middle" game manager. Can we package Spiller as well? That Lynch guy has been awful in Seattle.

And the head coach and GM as well.

We'll miss Williams' red zone contributions. He's been such a huge factor this season there.

yordad
10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
LOL

Things falling apart already this season with one key loss.

This can only happen in Buffalo. So much for the smooth intro into the Pegula era.THings are falling apart because our WR who makes 5 million a year isn't good enough to crack the line up? THis just means we have really good WRs. Nothing is falling apart.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 10:51 AM
What round pick did the Bills give up to get this guy?

It was a 6th I think. Nothing that we ever do anything with anyway. No worries.

Strange that the wheels seem to be coming off so soon after so much optimism on so many fronts though.

Hopefully this will give Pegula the kick in the ass that he/she needs to pull the plug in this cesspool that we call a front office.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I can't blame him. He isn't utilized properly in this offense and obviously was replaced in the passing game with Hogan this week.

We can argue that everyone's improperly used in this offense.

Spiller, Jackson, Watkins isn't doing what they said, Williams of course. We don't have a single WR on pace for even 800 yards right now or any RBs on pace for much more than 500 rushing yards.

Our worst two rushing performances have been the last two weeks with Orton under center. We're not even averaging 60 rushing yards per game from all sources in those two games. The Pats D is not that good.

I have no idea why so many people expect a winning season much less playoffs.

DraftBoy
10-13-2014, 11:02 AM
We can argue that everyone's improperly used in this offense.

Spiller, Jackson, Watkins isn't doing what they said, Williams of course. We don't have a single WR on pace for even 800 yards right now or any RBs on pace for much more than 500 rushing yards.

Our worst two rushing performances have been the last two weeks with Orton under center. We're not even averaging 60 rushing yards per game from all sources in those two games. The Pats D is not that good.

I have no idea why so many people expect a winning season much less playoffs.

Yes we do...Watkins is on pace for 829, Spiller and Jackson for over 600 rushing.

trapezeus
10-13-2014, 11:03 AM
ugh. willliams will get nothing in return. he has no numbers and the request reeks of attitude problems which has dogged him for a while. i'm guessing he wants to shave and knows the playoffs aren't happening here.

all the people who like to protect whaley and brandon, does this get a ding? they made this move to improve the WR group. and he's under utilized and apparently not better than hogan.

I'll await the old, "but that was someone else's decision"

i like that the real issues with the team are bubbling up in the openning week of pegula's ownership. they seem to have the capability to have a long term plan. and even if the plan doesn't work, i would rather try something different than keep asking hte same people to come through when they routinely have not come through.

bdutton
10-13-2014, 11:06 AM
THings are falling apart because our WR who makes 5 million a year isn't good enough to crack the line up? THis just means we have really good WRs. Nothing is falling apart.

Or.... wait for it...

Pegula is cheap.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-13-2014, 11:06 AM
And the head coach and GM as well.

We'll miss Williams' red zone contributions. He's been such a huge factor this season there.

Since Orton has been there, the red zone issue is not that prevalent, at least in the limited sample we have.

From what I see, I don't see the separation out of Mike Williams. There is a reason Tampa would part with him and I don't think off field is the only concern with him.

Right now, Watkins is on almost every play. Woods, Goodwin, Williams. Which two you'd rather have in 3 receivers set?

I actually sides withthe coaches on this one: I like Goodwin on the field. He's threat to go deep and get the safety over. Yesterday Goodwin missed his first long ball by cutting inside on his route to where the safety is coming over while Orton correctly threw to the outside. I still maintain that if Orton can hit one more time or two, you'll see some loosen up in the short coverage.

better days
10-13-2014, 11:08 AM
ugh. willliams will get nothing in return. he has no numbers and the request reeks of attitude problems which has dogged him for a while. i'm guessing he wants to shave and knows the playoffs aren't happening here.

all the people who like to protect whaley and brandon, does this get a ding? they made this move to improve the WR group. and he's under utilized and apparently not better than hogan.

I'll await the old, "but that was someone else's decision"

i like that the real issues with the team are bubbling up in the openning week of pegula's ownership. they seem to have the capability to have a long term plan. and even if the plan doesn't work, i would rather try something different than keep asking hte same people to come through when they routinely have not come through.

I don't blame Whaley & Brandon for bringing in a GOOD WR for a 6th rnd pick.

I blame a Coaching staff that does not know how to use the talented players it has.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 11:14 AM
THings are falling apart because our WR who makes 5 million a year isn't good enough to crack the line up? THis just means we have really good WRs. Nothing is falling apart.

I'll agree with you that there's not much to fall apart and that the season to this point has been built on smoke and mirrors. It's just that that smoke and mirrors is starting to become visible to more people. It takes some of those that claim to have better analytical skills a little longer to catch on, usually after it becomes blatant.

Rushing production with Orton in charge is a fraction of what it was with Manuel on the field. We're getting more receiving yards but not more TDs or points than before, but as many if not more QB turnovers leading to 8.5 opponent points per game. Some of that can be attributed to Detroit's D, but the Pats at home shouldn't have been that kind of problem. 3 scores is all? 68 rushing yards on fewer than 3 ypc against a team that had allowed an average of over 120 coming into this game?

Great stuff. Should we be encouraged by that?

better days
10-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Since Orton has been there, the red zone issue is not that prevalent, at least in the limited sample we have.

From what I see, I don't see the separation out of Mike Williams. There is a reason Tampa would part with him and I don't think off field is the only concern with him.

Right now, Watkins is on almost every play. Woods, Goodwin, Williams. Which two you'd rather have in 3 receivers set?

I actually sides withthe coaches on this one: I like Goodwin on the field. He's threat to go deep and get the safety over. Yesterday Goodwin missed his first long ball by cutting inside on his route to where the safety is coming over while Orton correctly threw to the outside. I still maintain that if Orton can hit one more time or two, you'll see some loosen up in the short coverage.

There was a front office change in Tampa. The new front Office traded Williams to Buffalo.

Awaiting a Change in Buffalo now. Hackett has to go. And if Marrone doesn't like it, he can go with him.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 11:15 AM
I don't blame Whaley & Brandon for bringing in a GOOD WR for a 6th rnd pick.

I blame a Coaching staff that does not know how to use the talented players it has.

LOL

Of course. You and I were arguing about the impact that Williams would have here and I said pencil him in for 700 yards, which at this point seems unattainably generous, while you told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and insisted that he'd have a huge season. Only after Watkins' monumental contributions of course.

Fletch
10-13-2014, 11:17 AM

Right there!

It cannot possibly be stressed enough.

Weren't you one of the ones supporting either Whaley or Marrone earlier? Seriously, I forget, just asking.

better days
10-13-2014, 11:19 AM
LOL

Of course. You and I were arguing about the impact that Williams would have here and I said pencil him in for 700 yards, which at this point seems unattainably generous, while you told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and insisted that he'd have a huge season. Only after Watkins' monumental contributions of course.

NOBODY can put up any numbers when they are not on the field.

I TOTALLY blame the Coaching staff for the loss to the Pats*

STUPID to sit Mike Williams, STUPID to not have your best defensive players on the field at the end of the game.

EDS
10-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Yes we do...Watkins is on pace for 829, Spiller and Jackson for over 600 rushing.

Sure to illicit calls from Canton . . .

Ed
10-13-2014, 11:54 AM
It sounds like from the blog post below that Mike Williams is just pissed that he was inactive, but the team plans to have him back in the line up this week and going forward, and that they don't really have any intention of trying to trade him.

Wide receiver Mike Williams dropped a bit of a bombshell Sunday morning, posting a backward photo of his jersey on Instagram along with a caption that said he was deactivated for Sunday's game. The caption on the photo included "#wastedJersey." At some point Sunday afternoon, Williams removed the photo from Instagram. Meanwhile, his nameplate in the locker room was also apparently removed. Of the Bills' seven inactive players, the six besides Williams had nameplates in the locker room. Williams did not have a nameplate above any locker. Two players near his locker told me they didn't know why the nameplate was gone.
Here is Doug Marrone's full explanation on why Williams was a healthy scratch: "Mike Williams' situation was really a tough call. It wasn't really the direction that we probably would have gone. What happened late in the week, we didn't really realize until about Friday night that Kyle Williams was going to be able to play. So by that time, we had put so much in game plan-wise for [the] three-tight end package that we practiced quite a bit that we played today with our tight ends playing. When you look through the roster, you have to say to yourself, 'OK, you're not going to not play Kyle [Williams], if he's healthy.' So we started to go through and see where we were banged up a little bit, where we needed guys to play, where we needed special teams, where we needed -- you know, you go through all those different scenarios and it's not an easy decision. We went with that decision. The process to go about it, we were really surprised that [Kyle Williams] was able to play, which was good. I brought Mike in on Saturday and told him I needed him to do this for the team. I said it's not a great situation, but due to the special teams and everything we needed to cover, we talked to him and he handled it like a pro. And he'll be ready to go next week."
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/14250/mike-williams-removes-photo-from-instagram

Jaybird
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
if we can get a 5th or a player... anything more then we gave up its a win

Ed
10-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I meant to include this quote from Doug Waley too:

Bills general manager Doug Whaley said Monday that the Bills are not actively shopping Williams but will entertain offers. He added that no team has approached the Bills about Williams.

The Bills would entertain a trade for Mike Williams if they were to get proper compensation in return.
"I said, 'We like Mike Williams. We expect him back and we expect big things from him,'" Whaley said. "But like anybody, if he gets us compensation worthy of a No. 1 wide receiver -- which he claimed he is -- then we would entertain it.

"He's taken it as permission, but I see it as, anybody on this team, we have to do our due diligence, and if there's somebody out there that is willing to give us compensation that we think is fair, and would help us in the long run, we would entertain it. That doesn't say we're gonna do it, but we would entertain it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11693856/mike-williams-agent-shops-trade-buffalo-bills

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Merged Threads

Mr. Pink
10-13-2014, 12:07 PM
There was no reason to bring him in to begin with.

elltrain22
10-13-2014, 12:14 PM
The issues with him have always been more attitude than skill. I don't blame him for wanting out of this QB cluster****, but wanting to leave his hometown team after 6 games isn't exaclfy going to win anyone over on those character concerns. I'd be surprised if they find much of a market for him. It would basically have to be a team with WR injuries that isn't right up against the cap.

Couldn't agree more!! BTW, I think Chris Hogan is a better slot receiver anyways. IMO, Hogan should be our starter at slot and should play a lot more snaps.

ICRockets
10-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know how we produced out of the 3-TE sets that ultimately led to Williams' benching? If that scheme is why Scott Chandler was able to go off, then I think benching him may have been the right move. But if we sucked ass from those formations, then frankly it's asinine to dress someone like Lee Smith over Mike Williams. I still think Nate Hackett needs to go. I felt like the offense did a good job on the field yesterday, but we just are not utilizing Spiller and Watkins properly.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2014, 01:42 PM
I think Mike Williams will be happy to stay if Doug Marrone and Nate Hackett are fired. These two clowns belong in a circus not running an NFL team.

justasportsfan
10-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Mike Williams says to chill
Chill everybody I'm happy with being a buffalo bill....... I mean come on it's my dream my agent just did what a agent supposed to do ...

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/10/13/mike-williams-says-to-chill/

Mace
10-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Does anyone know how we produced out of the 3-TE sets that ultimately led to Williams' benching? If that scheme is why Scott Chandler was able to go off, then I think benching him may have been the right move. But if we sucked ass from those formations, then frankly it's asinine to dress someone like Lee Smith over Mike Williams. I still think Nate Hackett needs to go. I felt like the offense did a good job on the field yesterday, but we just are not utilizing Spiller and Watkins properly.

Well, I'm not exactly positive the 3 TE's were what freed Chandler up. Gragg and Lee Smith don't scare anyone. For that matter, with their receiving talent, I'm not sure what the point of using 3 TE's instead was. New England uses multiple TE's so no way it was going to confuse them. They've used Hairston as an extra blocker, they have Summers also, so it doesn't make blocking sense since Smith is the only reliable blocker of the bunch really. Agree about Smith over Williams, agree about Spiller and Watkins.

Agree about Hackett. Doesn't look to me like they know what they're doing on offense just desperately trying things hoping they'll work. Besides the use of Chandler this past game, they really don't seem to have any pattern or process to their offensive game plan that I can see. Every play is like a new game and just a play.

Bothers me too, that 6th for Williams (used rarely). Well just a 6th. You can do better for just a 6th if you want. The dude was a problem child. That's fine if he isn't one here, but like they hardly use him. Then there's the conditional pick for Bryce Brown who they won't use, the 1st next year for Watkins who they use on and off, Spiller who they keep using terribly. It's not not efficient management of personnel, draft resources and roster either.

Why will they not play Urbik over at least Pears ? By their philosophy of dressing and using the best, they kept him active, with Richardson inactive, so he had to be the better lineman to them by that. But when Chris Williams goes down, they start the inactive rookie and leave the out of position Pears flailing away.

I don't think they know what they are doing or how they are doing it.

The Jokeman
10-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Bills need a Guard... Trade him to Tampa for Logan Mankins. ..

Tampa doesn't need him they drafted Mike Evans to replace him.

The Jokeman
10-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Couldn't agree more!! BTW, I think Chris Hogan is a better slot receiver anyways. IMO, Hogan should be our starter at slot and should play a lot more snaps.

and one could argue that Robert Woods is better on the outside than the slot. Which is probably why they didn't dress Williams yesterday.

swiper
10-13-2014, 05:10 PM
There was a front office change in Tampa. The new front Office traded Williams to Buffalo.

Awaiting a Change in Buffalo now. Hackett has to go. And if Marrone doesn't like it, he can go with him.

That new regime in Tampa has turned out to be even worse than Hackett and Marrone.

swiper
10-13-2014, 05:13 PM
It sounds like from the blog post below that Mike Williams is just pissed that he was inactive, but the team plans to have him back in the line up this week and going forward, and that they don't really have any intention of trying to trade him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/14250/mike-williams-removes-photo-from-instagram

The Bills made it clear. Williams doesn't contribute on special teams. He's not good enough to refuse to do that. Someone needs to tell him to sit down and shut up. Whaley basically did that.

Ed
10-13-2014, 05:20 PM
The Bills made it clear. Williams doesn't contribute on special teams. He's not good enough to refuse to do that. Someone needs to tell him to sit down and shut up. Whaley basically did that.
I don't think Mike Williams has ever refused to play ST's, it's just that Hogan is primarily a ST's player and has been practicing/playing ST's all year. Williams hasn't.

The Jokeman
10-13-2014, 05:26 PM

and why should he? He's arguably the best WR we have on the current roster. Personally I'd love to see him on and Woods on the outside and Sammy in the slot. Yet that's one formation I have yet to see which baffles me as you'd think with Sammy size/speed getting matched up against a S or a nickel CB be a major matchup in our favor.

swiper
10-13-2014, 05:29 PM
and why should he? He's arguably the best WR we have on the current roster. Personally I'd love to see him on and Woods on the outside and Sammy in the slot. Yet that's one formation I have yet to see which baffles me as you'd think with Sammy size/speed getting matched up against a S or a nickel CB be a major matchup in our favor.

Well you can argue that if you choose, but I don't see you getting a whole lot of backing there. He's not better than Robert Woods. And probably not better than Sammy Watkins.

The Jokeman
10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Well you can argue that if you choose, but I don't see you getting a whole lot of backing there. He's not better than Robert Woods. And probably not better than Sammy Watkins.

Robert Woods looked better last year when he was stuck on slot duty and Williams has always been an outside WR in Tampa. Watkins you'd think could lineup anywhere. Either way I still thought the best plan on draft day was going with SJ13, Williams and Woods and draft Ebron. Yes Sammy has better numbers than SJ13 and Ebron but again it's about building a more complete roster. It's not that Watkins has played bad either but I just didn't feel we were a WR away from making a great offense.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 06:17 PM
"Why hello, Heady."
"It's Hadley, sir."

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/Harvey%20Korman%20and%20Mel%20Brooks%20in%20Blazing%20Saddles.jpeg

BillsImpossible
10-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Head case.

The moment he deals with a little adversity, Williams wants to be traded?

Not smart, especially after your new starting quarterback basically threw for 300 yards in his first two starts.

What a dumb ass, immature move by Williams. I wish he could see the bigger picture on special teams, but he just doesn't want to hear it.

Selfish player that still hasn't grown up.

Seeya, Mike.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Head case.

The moment he deals with a little adversity, Williams wants to be traded?

Not smart, especially after your new starting quarterback basically threw for 300 yards in his first two starts.

What a dumb ass, immature move by Williams. I wish he could see the bigger picture on special teams, but he just doesn't want to hear it.

Selfish player that still hasn't grown up.

Seeya, Mike.

He ain't getting traded.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 06:44 PM
They showed a tweet on the local news that basically said (paraphrasing) "Don't get excited, I love Buffalo and playing for the Bills, it's my hometown, my agent was just doing what an agent does."

If I were to speculate (and I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if any of this has already been mentioned) MW probably has some incentive bonuses in his contract and the lack of use (especially the healthy scratch) is hampering his progress in achieving any of those, so the agent got a little pissed and pulled a 'play me or trade me' card on the team. If MW doesn't get paid, neither does Heady.

BillsImpossible
10-13-2014, 07:22 PM
They showed a tweet on the local news that basically said (paraphrasing) "Don't get excited, I love Buffalo and playing for the Bills, it's my hometown, my agent was just doing what an agent does."

Williams is the boss, not the agent. He's passing the buck here.

Before his agent did anything, he had to get Williams approval, right?

Mace
10-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Whether Williams did anything or not, he's Mike Williams, they knew what they were getting. And he's not going to either enhance his trade value and/or play with some mean attitude unless they use him any.

They rotate in and out their best CB, Graham, they do the same with Mario Williams and Hughes, their RB's, there has to be a use for Mike Williams or it was a stupid trade for someone they can't use and find themselves stuck with, for a wasted roster spot and one less draft pick.

So either you can't use him, or don't want to, but Whaley went out and got him, Marrone signed off knowing him, they both agreed to keep him, and he's the same Mike Williams he was last year.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 08:06 PM
Williams is the boss, not the agent. He's passing the buck here.

Before his agent did anything, he had to get Williams approval, right?

Granted, that very well could be the case.

Mace
10-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Was just reading, well Doug, why keep Jordan Gay active instead of Williams ?

Marrone was worried about kickoff returns.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/10/13/6971305/why-williams-was-benched-in-favor-of-gay

Heh. I don't know what else to say. Marrone is in over his head.

swiper
10-14-2014, 04:32 AM

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/10/13/6971305/why-williams-was-benched-in-favor-of-gay

Seems so.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Hogan deserves to play. Williams doesn't. Williams hasn't shown anything outside of being WIDE open on a busted coverage a few weeks ago.

better days
10-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Hogan deserves to play. Williams doesn't. Williams hasn't shown anything outside of being WIDE open on a busted coverage a few weeks ago.

While I agree Hogan deserves to play, so does Mike Williams.

It was STUPID to not play him against the Pats* especially since he knows Revis so well.

And Watkins said Mike told him how to play against Revis to get open during the game.

The King
10-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Giants have some interest in Williams.

Figster
10-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Giants have some interest in Williams.

Nassib trade?:calm:

IlluminatusUIUC
10-14-2014, 10:37 AM
The Hogan love fest continues full steam.

Williams is our most experienced wideout, and has had by far the most success on the NFL level. I mean, if he was productive under literal Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano, then I'm willing to entertain the possibility that the problem is coaching.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Been that way since the day he was hired. I would love to know who Whaley actually wanted hired. Marrone was a Brandon signing all the way. Reeks of stupidity and was signed just because of the Syracuse ties.

- - - Updated - - -

The Hogan love fest continues full steam.

Williams is our most experienced wideout, and has had by far the most success on the NFL level. I mean, if he was productive under literal Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano, then I'm willing to entertain the possibility that the problem is coaching.

Anyone who prefers Hogan over Mike Williams receiving the ball is crazy. Personally, I would actually rather Williams and Hogan playing instead of Goodwin.

malvado78
10-15-2014, 12:47 PM

Stop checking facts! /sarcasm

feldspar
10-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Anyone who prefers Hogan over Mike Williams receiving the ball is crazy. Personally, I would actually rather Williams and Hogan playing instead of Goodwin.

Goodwin has had one single catch all year.

Again, Goodwin has had one catch this year. It was a big catch, but the fact remains.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2014, 01:08 PM

I woudl rather have Hogan AND Williams AND Goodwin and not Jordan freaking Gay.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Goodwin has had one single catch all year.

Again, Goodwin has had one catch this year. It was a big catch, but the fact remains.

Thanks for the proof of why I would rather see Williams and Hogan in the game over Roscoe v2.0.

YardRat
10-15-2014, 02:18 PM
The Giants may still pursue Williams via trade, but according to a NJ.com report (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/10/wr_mike_williams_to_giants_not_going_to_happen.html), the Giants are unwilling to part with a draft <nobr>pick (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2014/10/15/6981425/bills-giants-mike-williams-trade-not-going-to-happen-per-report#)</nobr> for Williams. In <nobr>fact (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2014/10/15/6981425/bills-giants-mike-williams-trade-not-going-to-happen-per-report#)</nobr>, the report goes on to predict that Williams "will not be <nobr>coming (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2014/10/15/6981425/bills-giants-mike-williams-trade-not-going-to-happen-per-report#)</nobr> to the Giants in a midseason trade" to help in replacing injured starter Victor Cruz (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/109584/victor-cruz).

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2014/10/15/6981425/bills-giants-mike-williams-trade-not-going-to-happen-per-report

YardRat
10-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Giants signed Kevin Ogletree per Mort on NFLN.

SpikedLemonade
10-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Giants not interested in Bills' Mike Williams (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5568/mike-williams)

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NFL/5568.jpg
The Newark Star-Ledger reports Bills WR Mike Williams to the Giants is "not going to happen."

The New York Daily News reported Tuesday morning that the G-Men have "some interest" in the disgruntled wideout, but via a "person familiar with the situation," reporter Jordan Raanan says it isn't happening. It's not surprising. There would be no reason for the Giants, or any other team, to give up compensation for a declining player due $5.2 million guaranteed in 2015.

Famous Amos
10-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Not sure if anyone else has heard this, but listening to the radio, the afternoon WGR show talked about Williams arriving to the game on Sunday late, like around 10:30 and they were hinting that that could have been a reason why he may have been benched.