PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Hughes, UnSportsMan Like Conduct

ghz in pittsburgh
10-13-2014, 06:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bills-player-gets-15-yard-penalty-for-apparently-slapping-own-teammate-214916390.html

It is hard to see though as Ridley was the last guy standing up while Jerry Hughes' arms are swinging up and down...

And it is on 3rd down no less.

YardRat
10-13-2014, 07:01 PM
I wonder if was dropping a few f-bombs?

I know there was talk in the preseason of the league trying to cut down on that, but it's not like it isn't uttered a hundred times in any given game.

A bull**** call, plain and simple, and people wonder why there is so much criticism leveled at referees for throwing terrible flags that affect the game?

BillsImpossible
10-13-2014, 07:13 PM
The NFL is all about momentum.

Any time the Bills started gaining momentum, out came the flags.

The call on Hughes was the absolute worst penalty I can remember. It was a total buzz killer.

Then cam offensive pass interference, twice. Seriously?

Not much separates every NFL team from the other, hence the, "Any given Sunday," rule that says any team has a chance to win.

It's a game of inches in so many ways, but now it is being dictated by unwarranted, game changing, momentum swinging BS penalties that make people think the game is fixed by some in the media, gambling and corrupt referees.

Of course there's no, "insider trading," going on.

The NFL is as pure and innocent as a newborn puppy.

Mace
10-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Bad call, the NFL should say something about it. Last time Hughes slaps Powell, Ridley stands up just past him but into his arm coming away as he was trying to let Ridley stand up. Didn't look like Ridley made anything of it.

Same token, Hughes should have been aware of standing in a pile with an opponent getting up and needing to reach over him to slap a teammate.

Lack of discipline. Bad call.

I'm not liking the officiating this year. It's overaggressive, arbitrary, and Goodell/Rules Committee's fault. Like they were told at the start of the year, be aggressive and go enforce stuff. Except the officiating teams are on diff pages, some aggressive, some not, and you see these obvious calls/no calls all over the place.

Meathead
10-13-2014, 09:56 PM
well maybe we will get the calls when we play them in cheatertown

hahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahaaahahahhahahahahahahaaaa

ICRockets
10-13-2014, 10:35 PM
I think it's pretty clear the ref thought Hughes was slapping Ridley. The flag comes out IMMEDIATELY when his arms start flying. Thing is, though, I cannot fathom how you could assume any player would do what Hughes did to an opponent; and I am astounded by the level of incompetence it takes to not recognize your error if you're the official in that circumstance.

swiper
10-14-2014, 04:20 AM
There was absolutely no penalty there.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2014, 07:20 AM
There was no offensive PI on Woods, either time, either. The refs didn't cause the Bills to lose, but they sure didn't help either. I'm tired of the officiating being one sided week in and week out.

justasportsfan
10-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Even the replacement refs didn't make stupid calls like that.

I remember them not giving the pats favors.

Meathead
10-14-2014, 08:56 AM
you just sit there staring at the tv like did that just happen? again? and again? and again?

bills get big play. penalty flag. ok lets see what the replay shows ... what?!? where the hell ... i cant even ... you gotta be kidding ... wtf is going on?!?!@?%??^?&?

yordad
10-14-2014, 08:59 AM
you just sit there staring at the tv like did that just happen? again? and again? and again?

bills get big play. penalty flag. ok lets see what the replay shows ... what?!? where the hell ... i cant even ... you gotta be kidding ... wtf is going on?!?!@?%??^?&?This is exactly how it went for me. accept it was more like AGAIN!!?? AGAIN!!!!? AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!