PDA

View Full Version : Pats Lose Two For Season ( Mayo and Ridley)

Woodman
10-14-2014, 08:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410505/article/stevan-ridley-tears-acl-mcl-lost-for-patriots-season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410524/article/patriots-linebacker-jerod-mayo-knee-out-for-season

This division is a case of survival of the fittest.

justasportsfan
10-14-2014, 08:44 AM
they are a perfect example of "next man up" .

As long as Brady is in there, they'll be fine.

GreedoII
10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Mayo was out for the year lasy year too and they made the AFC Championship Game....RB? Who cares they can plug in my grandmother and they be fine. It's Coaching and the QB. Get a clue and know your history bub.

Woodman
10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
In some cases I would agree like against us for example ... up against a well coached and a properly offensively coordinated offense I would disagree.

There's a long long long way to go in this division.

side note Dolphins also lose top RB :: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410773/article/knowshon-moreno-placed-on-miami-dolphins-ir-list

better days
10-14-2014, 08:54 AM
The Pats* play the Jets on Thursday night.

If the Jets don't turn the ball over, I think they could win that game.

Fletch
10-14-2014, 09:06 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410505/article/stevan-ridley-tears-acl-mcl-lost-for-patriots-season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410524/article/patriots-linebacker-jerod-mayo-knee-out-for-season

This division is a case of survival of the fittest.

We're the fittest right now if injuries are the standard.

Besides Alonso being on IR who do we have injured and out for any length of time that's relevant?

casdhf
10-14-2014, 09:07 AM

If the Jets don't turn the ball over, I think they could win that game. I hate rooting for the Jets :ill:

Fletch
10-14-2014, 09:09 AM
I hate rooting for the Jets :ill:

It's better than rooting for the Pats.

Have you ever done that?

The only way that I could see rooting for them is if they had to beat a team for us to make the playoffs in week 17 only. Even then it would be an emotional conflict.

I hope that Belicheat never makes the playoffs again. Won't happen, but like everyone here I can dream.

jamze132
10-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Don't we play the Jets in two weeks in NJ? I'm not sure I want them on a roll when we play them.

imbondz
10-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Bellicheat w/ Brady created a system that wins, not individual players that win. these two losses won't be felt at all

OpIv37
10-14-2014, 09:58 AM

The Jets are a joke this year. They don't stand a chance.

Also if they win and we lose this weekend, then a win against us will give them the same record as us. That's a scary thought

trapezeus
10-14-2014, 10:04 AM
jets usually play the pats tough. also, jets fans are all saying, "now we start winning to ruin our draft position". i kind of agree with that. i think it'll be entertaining.

as for the pats injuries, couldn't have happened to a better team.

better days
10-14-2014, 10:17 AM
It's better than rooting for the Pats.

Have you ever done that?

The only way that I could see rooting for them is if they had to beat a team for us to make the playoffs in week 17 only. Even then it would be an emotional conflict.

I hope that Belicheat never makes the playoffs again. Won't happen, but like everyone here I can dream.

I expect the Pats* to make the playoffs but I also expect them to get knocked out EARLY when they face a GOOD team.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-14-2014, 10:19 AM

Geno Smith on the road, against the Pats, on a short week?

Are you kidding, the Jets will be lucky if they lose by less than 20 points.

better days
10-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Geno Smith on the road, against the Pats, on a short week?

Are you kidding, the Jets will be lucky if they lose by less than 20 points.

As someone else said, Rex & the Jets have played the Pats* tough, even in Foxboro.

Geno has had some games he has played well, he just can't turn the ball over like the Bills did.

If Geno does turn the ball over, I agree it will be a blow out.

YardRat
10-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I don't remember the exact timing, and I know much of the talk has surrounded the Pats offense in the second half, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Buffalo's offense was clicking when Mayo wasn't on the field.

OpIv37
10-14-2014, 10:41 AM
As someone else said, Rex & the Jets have played the Pats* tough, even in Foxboro.

Geno has had some games he has played well, he just can't turn the ball over like the Bills did.

If Geno does turn the ball over, I agree it will be a blow out.
Pats are +9 on turnovers this year. Geno is a turnover machine. It'll be a miracle if he commits less than 2.

better days
10-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Mayo was out for the year lasy year too and they made the AFC Championship Game....RB? Who cares they can plug in my grandmother and they be fine. It's Coaching and the QB. Get a clue and know your history bub.

Mayo played 6 games last year for the Pats* just like this year & his numbers were similar.

But the Pats* also had Spikes last year who started 11 games & played in all 16 games even though he was injured

- - - Updated - - -

Pats are +9 on turnovers this year. Geno is a turnover machine. It'll be a miracle if he commits less than 2.

I would not want to bet the under on that.

DesertFox24
10-14-2014, 11:16 AM
I will never route for the jets. They are the team I hate most in all of sports, my hate has been with them since the late 80s.

I love watching them and the phins suck.

The pats are my third hated team as we owned them in the 90s, and the only reason they are good is because of a 6th round QB that became the best in the history of the league. Once he is retired everyone will see how good Bill B is.

better days
10-14-2014, 11:19 AM
I will never route for the jets. They are the team I hate most in all of sports, my hate has been with them since the late 80s.

I love watching them and the phins suck.

The pats are my third hated team as we owned them in the 90s, and the only reason they are good is because of a 6th round QB that became the best in the history of the league. Once he is retired everyone will see how good Bill B is.

When Brady retires I think Belicheck does as well.

chris66
10-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Yeah because the road team has been sso dominate on Thursday night

better days
10-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Yeah because the road team has been sso dominate on Thursday night

I didn't say anything more than the Jets could win that game if they don't turn the ball over.

I will stand by that.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2014, 11:48 AM
The Jets have zero chance at beating the Patriots Thursday night.

They might as well just not even play the game and take an L.

chris66
10-14-2014, 12:21 PM
I didn't say anything more than the Jets could win that game if they don't turn the ball over.

I will stand by that.
against that secondary I wouldn't be surprised if they came out throwing the ball 16 straight time

Novacane
10-14-2014, 12:43 PM
:violin:

trapezeus
10-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I expect the Pats* to make the playoffs but I also expect them to get knocked out EARLY when they face a GOOD team.

did you watch the bills game? the calls come for the pats whenever they need it. i expect them to go as far as the calls take them.

better days
10-14-2014, 03:41 PM
did you watch the bills game? the calls come for the pats whenever they need it. i expect them to go as far as the calls take them.

I agree, but the Pats* will not get those calls against a team like the Broncos.

DynaPaul
10-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Belichick's cheat system will plug in a subpar player and they'll still win but the lack of talent catches up with him in the playoffs.

paladin warrior
10-14-2014, 11:10 PM
I hope Pats lose 5 game vs
Denver
Green Bays
Chargers
Bears
Colts
need take out :chair:Tom. B:chair:

Woodman
10-15-2014, 08:07 AM
The only chance the Jets have is to get that big front four on top of Brady and just kick the ever living crap out of his OL.

Brady needs to be roughed up.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2014, 04:41 PM
And good riddance to them, but Gronk, Vilfork, the lawfirm of Edelmann and Thompson, and Brady are still on the target list. Bonus point for tkoing the refs when they have their mouths around Bellicheat's ballsack.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2014, 04:44 PM

Is Brady 40 yet? Also, how long until Manning retires? These both are important factors. Brady and Manning will magically win just enough games to get into the post season so they can have "improbable" storybook finishes to their hall of fame careers. Hell, I firmly suspect there is going to be a rematch between the Seahawks and the Broncos this year with Manning winning it in ot.

BleedinGreenNC
10-15-2014, 08:09 PM
I hate rooting for the Jets :ill:

Me too....

justasportsfan
10-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Go Jets Go! :puke:

GingerP
10-18-2014, 10:00 AM
And good riddance to them, but Gronk, Vilfork, the lawfirm of Edelmann and Thompson, and Brady are still on the target list.

Who is Thompson?

Woodman
10-21-2014, 06:37 PM
and now Chandler Jones for about a month. :D

who's next?