PDA

View Full Version : Giants Interested in Williams

Woodman
10-14-2014, 08:44 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410794/article/report-bills-mike-williams-on-giants-trade-radar

What can we get from them?

If you aren't gonna use him ..........

justasportsfan
10-14-2014, 08:45 AM
any of their guards good?

RedEyE
10-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Urgency is there. Get what you can for him and get him out of Buffalo. Need draft picks next year anyway.

Woodman
10-14-2014, 08:51 AM
any of their guards good?

:D Ask Eli.

better days
10-14-2014, 08:58 AM
If the Bills could get a 2nd rnd pick for him GREAT.

I would not want to see less than a third & another pick for him.

casdhf
10-14-2014, 09:01 AM
We gave up a 6th to get him .... ........ ...................................................

Fletch
10-14-2014, 09:05 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000410794/article/report-bills-mike-williams-on-giants-trade-radar

What would you be willing to trade for Williams?

- - - Updated - - -

If the Bills could get a 2nd rnd pick for him GREAT.

I would not want to see less than a third & another pick for him.

LMAO

You're funny.

I'd like to get two firsts and have Mara pay for a new stadium for us.

better days
10-14-2014, 09:07 AM
We gave up a 6th to get him .... ........ ...................................................

Yeah, I know. That was a GREAT trade by Whaley, made at a time of no urgency.

With Cruz out, the Giants have urgency to get a GOOD WR FAST.

It is like when you call a plumber for emergency service.............the PRICE is HIGH.

Mahdi
10-14-2014, 09:10 AM
I either Watkins or Woods were to suffer an injury we would be in serious trouble at WR. MW should get more involved in the gameplan as he is a good player and valuable depth.

It should be Watkins and Williams on the outside and Woods in the slot. Then you have Hogan alternating in the slot and Goodwin alternating with Williams on the outside.

better days
10-14-2014, 09:12 AM
I either Watkins or Woods were to suffer an injury we would be in serious trouble at WR. MW should get more involved in the gameplan as he is a good player and valuable depth.

It should be Watkins and Williams on the outside and Woods in the slot. Then you have Hogan alternating in the slot and Goodwin alternating with Williams on the outside.

I agree & that is why I want a high pick for him if the Bills are going to trade Mike.

feldspar
10-14-2014, 09:30 AM
The Bills never should have gotten rid of Stevie Johnson like they did, especially with all that dead money. EJ couldn't figure out how he ran his routes? What? I'm not sure that has been fully explained.

I doubt Mike Williams will be traded...I'm not exactly sure how much he really WANTS to be traded. I'd be pissed too if I were a healthy scratch in favor of a special teams player, though.

casdhf
10-14-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I know. That was a GREAT trade by Whaley, made at a time of no urgency.

With Cruz out, the Giants have urgency to get a GOOD WR FAST.

It is like when you call a plumber for emergency service.............the PRICE is HIGH.come on MAN. get REAL.

No way do we get a 2nd for him.

better days
10-14-2014, 10:19 AM
come on MAN. get REAL.

No way do we get a 2nd for him.

Well then lets get real & forget about trading him as well.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm with better days on this one. We're not a damned pawn shop, our concern should not be selling players for more than we paid. We should be concerned with assembling the most talented roster we can, and Williams is better than some late rounder next year.

YardRat
10-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Do they have any interest in CJ? I'd rather trade him than MW.

better days
10-14-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm with better days on this one. We're not a damned pawn shop, our concern should not be selling players for more than we paid. We should be concerned with assembling the most talented roster we can, and Williams is better than some late rounder next year.

And by all accounts, Mike has had no issues & in fact has been a good team mate since joining the Bills.

And he really only had personal off field issues in Tampa, no problems as far as the team was concerned.

Homegrown
10-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Well then lets get real & forget about trading him as well.

Maybe the Bills can sweeten the deal? ... add in Lee "False Star" Smith? ....

better days
10-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Maybe the Bills can sweeten the deal? ... add in Lee "False Star" Smith? ....

I would be happy to throw in Pears.

EDS
10-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Mike Williams is at best a number 3 receiver on the Bills and he would be the same thing on the Giants (4th receiver if Cruz was healthy) so I don't think the Giants would give up much to get him.

better days
10-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Mike Williams is at best a number 3 receiver on the Bills and he would be the same thing on the Giants (4th receiver if Cruz was healthy) so I don't think the Giants would give up much to get him.

So who is better on the Giants now with Cruz OUT than Mike Williams?

If they don't want to give up much, then the Bills should not trade Mike to them.

EDS
10-14-2014, 11:22 AM

If they don't want to give up much, then the Bills should not trade Mike to them.

They have young receivers just like the Bills - Randle and Beckham. They also have less cap flexibility so with Williams contract would only be looking for a rental.

better days
10-14-2014, 11:30 AM
They have young receivers just like the Bills - Randle and Beckham. They also have less cap flexibility so with Williams contract would only be looking for a rental.

If Williams is traded, his contract is part of that trade.

He is a GOOD receiver & BETTER than any on the Giants other than Cruz.

EDS
10-14-2014, 11:46 AM
If Williams is traded, his contract is part of that trade.

He is a GOOD receiver & BETTER than any on the Giants other than Cruz.

He is more experienced than anyone else on the Giants but Randle and Beckham both have lots of talent. They are just like Watkins and Woods, talented but unproven and if Williams can't beat out the kids on the Bills team he will have great difficulty doing the same on the Giants, particularly since he will be so far behind in terms of learning the playbook.

Plus, his contract brings down his trade value, which is why no one will trade much of anything for him.

The King
10-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Doug specifically said he expects to be compensated as if Mike is a #1. The value on him is high. If the Giants believe they can win the division with Mike it makes sense if not. There will not be a deal.

And while Mike and his agent have every right to be pissed. The only person to blame for Mike not playing Sunday is Mike. He has not made himself a fixture in this offense. He's become expendable, that's on him.

EDS
10-14-2014, 11:47 AM
Doug specifically said he expects to be compensated as if Mike is a #1. The value on him is high. If the Giants believe they can win the division with Mike it makes sense if not. There will not be a deal.

The Giants were not going to win their division with Cruz, so clearly adding Williams is not going to move the needle.

The King
10-14-2014, 11:50 AM
The Giants were not going to win their division with Cruz, so clearly adding Williams is not going to move the needle.

I didn't say will. I said believe they will.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2014, 11:52 AM

Reuben Randle is better. Odell Beckham Jr has more upside.

Albany,n.y.
10-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Let's make it interesting, Williams & EJ for Nassib.

better days
10-14-2014, 11:53 AM

You don't know that.

Yeah, the Cowboys got off to a great start, but how many times have they finished poorly with Romo at QB?

The season is still young & the Giants could still compete for the NFC East title....but they will need a weapon like Mike Williams to do that.

better days
10-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Reuben Randle is better. Odell Beckham Jr has more upside.

Why because Randle has better numbers?

Mike Williams has had Josh Freeman, EJ Manuel & Kyle Orton as his QB.

Eli may not be Peyton, but I would take him over any of the QB's Mike has had throwing to him.

better days
10-14-2014, 12:17 PM
He is more experienced than anyone else on the Giants but Randle and Beckham both have lots of talent. They are just like Watkins and Woods, talented but unproven and if Williams can't beat out the kids on the Bills team he will have great difficulty doing the same on the Giants, particularly since he will be so far behind in terms of learning the playbook.

Plus, his contract brings down his trade value, which is why no one will trade much of anything for him.

Again, if no one wants to trade VALUE for him, WHY trade him?

It would be a STUPID thing to do & if Whaley trades Mike for less than a 3rd rnd pick, I would want him FIRED.

Albany,n.y.
10-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Again, if no one wants to trade VALUE for him, WHY trade him?

It would be a STUPID thing to do & if Whaley trades Mike for less than a 3rd rnd pick, I would want him FIRED.

The best anyone can get for Williams is a 4th rounder & his value is actually lower than that because of his contract. I'd rather get a 4th than keep the guy around who, for all intents & purposes, is now our 5th receiver and will be inactive a lot more than be activated the rest of the season. You obviously have no idea what players are worth on the trade market and while there may be plenty of other reasons to fire Whaley, if he could get a 4th for Williams, after giving up a 6th half a year ago, he should be congratulated, not fired.

better days
10-14-2014, 12:36 PM
The best anyone can get for Williams is a 4th rounder & his value is actually lower than that because of his contract. I'd rather get a 4th than keep the guy around who, for all intents & purposes, is now our 5th receiver and will be inactive a lot more than be activated the rest of the season. You obviously have no idea what players are worth on the trade market and while there may be plenty of other reasons to fire Whaley, if he could get a 4th for Williams, after giving up a 6th half a year ago, he should be congratulated, not fired.

I understand trade value.

And the Colts traded a FIRST RND pick on a RB last year.

Again, I see NO POINT in trading Mike Williams for anything less than a third.

VERY DOUBTFUL any 4th rnd pick turns out better than Mike.

As has been said before, INJURIES HAPPEN & Marrone & Whaley need the Bills to win...they do not need a 4th rnd pick in the next draft.

trapezeus
10-14-2014, 02:21 PM
getting a draft pick for williams is useless. they need to look at getting immediate help via secondary help or a guard.

the guy i would trade now is spiller because he's not good on first down and he's not an asset on 3rd down when you need a decoy of a blocker. he's gone anyway. any sort of pick for him would be fine.

and you have bryce brown, dixon and freddie who are all capable of falling down 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2014, 02:33 PM

Williams and Spiller for their 1st and 3rd next year.

Typ0
10-14-2014, 03:01 PM
I really don't get why Williams wasn't on the field Sunday. There is more to it than the explanations we have been given. Williams is a damn dangerous guy to have in there as a number three. We have trouble in the Red Zone which is also his thing. What is the problem that he is being sat for a third kicker on the roster? If you want to talk value Williams has little value to this team if he's been sat the way he has.

justasportsfan
10-14-2014, 03:12 PM
I really don't get why Williams wasn't on the field Sunday.

my guess is Orton has better chemistry with Hogan.

paladin warrior
10-14-2014, 03:35 PM
Trade N. Hackett too .JusT get O-L or LB or CB and plus 3 round pick draft ,get over with