PDA

View Full Version : Lee Smith

The King
10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
-21 yards on the season. He's only played offensive 80 snaps. 0 catches.

Why is he on the team?

Pinkerton Security
10-14-2014, 12:04 PM
He's supposedly our best run-blocking TE, but it is pretty ridiculous.

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2014, 12:12 PM
More Gragg, Less Smith

Mahdi
10-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Lee Smith is responsible for our run blocking....

Crisis
10-14-2014, 12:38 PM
He's also responsible for one idiotic penalty a week. I've never had so much dislike for someone so irrelevant.

kingJofNYC
10-14-2014, 12:54 PM
Lee Smith isn't worth a roster spot because he doesn't make a difference in the run game. His run blocking adds what when our guards get destroyed? Also, he's the biggest tell in football, you know the TE isn't a pass option when he's in the game, destroys our numbers game. More Gragg, he's young, has some speed, and has some upside. Smith is what he is and we should move on.

The King
10-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Lee Smith is responsible for our run blocking....
So by run blocking I assume you mean holding?

Mahdi
10-14-2014, 02:17 PM
So by run blocking I assume you mean holding?

No I mean our terrible run blocking... He's on the field for his ability to run block yet we are doing a poor job of that so I don't see how he is worth more than Mike W.

Makes more sense to me to spread out the defense with 3 and 4 WR sets like Chan used to do. I think it protects the OL more when you go that route because it automatically takes defenders out of the box and into coverage. Gives your OL more 1v1 looks in the blocking assignments.

Would be amazing if Chan were to come back to Buffalo as OC....

YardRat
10-14-2014, 02:23 PM
No I mean our terrible run blocking... He's on the field for his ability to run block yet we are doing a poor job of that so I don't see how he is worth more than Mike W.

Makes more sense to me to spread out the defense with 3 and 4 WR sets like Chan used to do. I think it protects the OL more when you go that route because it automatically takes defenders out of the box and into coverage. Gives your OL more 1v1 looks in the blocking assignments.

Would be amazing if Chan were to come back to Buffalo as OC....

Has there ever been an instance of a former head coach coming back to a team in the role of a coordinator? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Novacane
10-14-2014, 02:51 PM
He's supposedly our best run-blocking TE, but it is pretty ridiculous.

Our run game sucks. He's not very good at that either.