PDA

View Full Version : TMQ chimes in...

stuckincincy
10-14-2014, 03:31 PM
"Why Certain Teams Have Lost 23 of 25 Against Certain Quarterbacks: New England leading 23-14 early in the fourth quarter, the Flying Elvii faced third-and-12 on the Buffalo 18. Presnap, the Buffalo secondary was confused -- players were pointing at each other and shouting. Nickle safety Duke Williams turned his back to the opponents in order to argue with a teammate. Word to the wise: do not turn your back on Tom Brady. He immediately signaled for the snap and threw an easy touchdown pass to the man Williams should have guarded, turning a tight contest into a walkover. The Bills had all their time outs at that juncture. Seeing his defense discombobulated, why didn't Doug Marrone call time?

Last week at Detroit, Buffalo defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz not only was carried off the field, celebrating extravagantly as if he'd just cured cancer or brought peace to the Middle East -- the embarrassing spectacle was staged because Schwartz instructed players to carry him off the field. Reader Jeff Yang of Bethesda, Maryland suggests the football gods punished this effrontery by causing Schwartz's defense to allow 37 points and get no takeaways at home versus the Bills' most important rival. New England's final six possession results: field goal, touchdown, field goal, touchdown, touchdown, kneels to conclude game."...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/TMQWeekSix141014/are-high-football-scores-bad-thing-tuesday-morning-quarterback

Don't Panic
10-15-2014, 05:07 AM
I was waiting for the part where someone did something wrong in their personal life...

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2014, 08:26 AM
it does actually make me like Schwartz a little less if he did indeed instruct them to carry him off the field...who does that?

Fletch
10-15-2014, 08:27 AM
I was waiting for the part where someone did something wrong in their personal life...

They reserve that for here.

Fletch
10-15-2014, 08:32 AM
it does actually make me like Schwartz a little less if he did indeed instruct them to carry him off the field...who does that?

Someone whose ego is bigger than what he brings to the table.

IMO Schwartz's D is going to continue to be exposed from here on out against 2/3 of the teams we play. He's going to have to start paying attention to the passing games of teams like Denver, Green Bay, NE again, KC, Miami and even Cleveland who's suprisingly better this year.

As bad as the Jets are I doubt that we take two from them and who knows, Vick might be playing by the time we play them which wouldn't be good for us. Oakland's good enough to beat us in their park.

streetkings01
10-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Someone whose ego is bigger than what he brings to the table.

IMO Schwartz's D is going to continue to be exposed from here on out against 2/3 of the teams we play. He's going to have to start paying attention to the passing games of teams like Denver, Green Bay, NE again, KC, Miami and even Cleveland who's suprisingly better this year.

As bad as the Jets are I doubt that we take two from them and who knows, Vick might be playing by the time we play them which wouldn't be good for us. Oakland's good enough to beat us in their park.Over exaggerate much?

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Over exaggerate much?

What do you mean? Miami's vaunted passing game just tore us apart last time we played them!

However, Denver, GB, NE definitely require some scheming because NE totally exposed our pass D last Sunday.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Oh my god people. He didn't. He said something about carrying him off the field if they win in Detriot in the offseason. Probably joking most likely. The guys decided remember it and to do it.